Saturday, April 28, 2007

Photo Hunters #16: Rare

The Photo Hunters theme this week is rare. I decided to post pictures of my big sister Pixie eatin' a banana because I think it is very rare for cats to like bananas. Here she is chomping right into one! Here is a close up of Pixie. She got bananas stuck in her furs! Hahahaha!
This is how she usually eats her bananas, sliced on top of her crunchies. Every morning.
Since she was getting her picture taken, Pixie even got to munch on a WHOLE banana! She only got to eat a few bites. Pixie loves bananas when they are very ripe. But she will eat green ones, too. I hate bananas.



Share/Bookmark

58 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wonderful photos, Pixie! :) I do think it is rare for cats to like bananas. After seeing your banana-eating video, my mom gave me a bit of banana, but I didn't like it.

Anonymous said...

Banana is good, it's got lots of fiber :)

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Daisy. How nice that your sister, Pixie loves bananas. It seems like a healthy diet.

Cheryl said...

I never knew cats did not eat bananas; I've never owned a cat. Learn something new every day!

Unknown said...

We are glad that Pixie has this joy in her life! Bananas are good for her, too!

Sarah said...

That certainly sounds rare, I've never heard of a cat eating bananas before!

Parker said...

Bananers aren't my cup of catnip, but I am happt that Pixie likes them, she looks like she REALLY likes them!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer daisy,
i finallee did da thinking blogger post.
i wanna thank u again fer thinkin uv me.
luv--yer grate frend--jh

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I agree with you. Indeed it is rare for cats to love bananas. Cute cat.
Mine is up too.

Melli said...

I agree! I think that is very RARE indeed! We have 3 kitties in our home and none of them would even consider a banana! Shrimp yes! Banana, no! GREAT idea for today!

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

I agree with the Meezer Gang, it's wonderful that she has this joy. She doesn't have to rush and it doesn't take a lot of effort. She looks so happy and cute! I like broccoli. That is my only people food, except for Tuna juice, I like Tuna juice.

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

HEY! I have the same kittie fountain! I love it, don't you? I'm actually on my 2nd one!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Banana's are high in potassium, which is helpful for heart patients on medicines... so this is super great that Pixie is being so health conscious. She is a good girl.

Thanks for sharing this Daisy!!

Skeezix the Cat said...

I like the one ware she got bananer stuk in her furs! As Jeter Harris wood say, "I'm laffin an laffin."

HRH Yao-Lin said...

That is so funny, I can't believe she eats bananas! HA ha ha !! xx

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Those are fantastic photos! I've never seen a cat eat a banana, either, come to think of it.

Pixie impresses me as a kitty who knows her own mind.

Ernesto said...

Wow, Pixie eats bananas too! This whole time I thought Fritz was a freak!

Cindy said...

That is so cute! I never heard of a cat who likes bananas. My cat likes lettuce, tomatoes, potato skins, cucumber skins...I'll have to offer him a banana I guess.

Unknown said...

Wow, that's so interesting! Up till now, I have never heard of a cat that will eat a banana.

-Rosie

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Ew! That is just wrong!

Forty Paws said...

Yup. You're the only banana eating poodin we know. None of us like bananas.

Luf, Us

peppylady (Dora) said...

I know I've never seen a cat eat a banana.
But I have seen a horse name "Otis" eat a hamburger.

My photo for the photo hunt is up.

Lilly Lu, Iris and Maxwell Mufsa Millon said...

Hay Daisy I eat mango. Mama Laura never newit till she was eating one and i started to take big bits You should see my new freind Catnip Goroge I fink you like him you may want to eat oopps i ment meet him too

Mu shue

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Mommy thinks it is very rare that Pixie eats 'naners (and she loved the movie) but we agree with Pablo and think it's yuckie. Pixie looks happy with 'naner goo in her whiskers so that makes us happy too! We wonder how her naner eating habit got started?
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

Carole Burant said...

Well, I just learned something new...never seen a cat eat a banana before! lol Just recently I saw a dog eating a carrot and I thought that was strange too!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hehehe I've never met a cat that likes bananas before! That is rare, perhaps even unique!

Anonymous said...

"Wow" banana's look yummy I'm going to try some.

Mo and The Purries said...

Amazing.
I really never would have thought that a kitty would eat a nanner!
But I bet the extra potassium is good for Pixie!
We ♥ Pixie!

luv,
The purrchance to dreamers...

roman said...

My visual of monkeys and bananas has to change now, I will now add cats to the list of banana lovers.
:)
Great photos!

Anonymous said...

hee ehe! Those are great photos - how fun! :) My photo is up

=^..^= said...

Wow! I haf nefer tried eating a banana. You make it look so delicious that I must ask my beans to let me haf one right away! Yum!

~Bombay

Unknown said...

EEEK! I'm allergic to bananas.

Lux said...

Precious Pixie, eatin' her 'nanner ... she is adorable!

Milton said...

I think Pixie would like to have breakfast with my mombean. She eats crunchies with bananananas and milk most every day!
I only eat crunchies straight up.
I hope she gave herself a good wash after eating that nanannaer.
---Beezer

Samantha & Mom said...

Bananas, that's something new. Tigger eats Fritos, I'll have to get mom to take a picture of that. Would that qualify? Thank you for your comment on my tail. Sorry about the comment section, I turned it off accidentally.(Hey, I'm only a cat.) Have a great weekend.

Samantha, Tigger and Fam

SJINCO said...

Wow, that is rare!

Great photos for this week's theme. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've never tried a banana, but I'm going to now. I hear they're very healthy. Pixie, your furs look very soft in those pictures. The Lady wants to hug you.
Midnight

Tara said...

Pixie looks like she is loving her banana! I'll have to try one.
Tara

Laurie and Chris said...

My dog Ginger loved watermelon. She would eat it right off the rhind.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well honey i once had a kitty that ate sauerkraut and green beans. he would eat anything if it was on my plate. otherwise all he would eat was stinky goodness cow flavor. sigh. i miss him. his name was little cat. that was many years ago. now i only have cyber kitties like you. thank you furry much for telling me about the banana eating cat! ha ha ha

smiles, auntie bee

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! A kitty eating a banana?? If I offered my cat a banana she would looked quite offended and walk off without even as much as a little sniff.

You are one cool cat! And a "rare" find, for sure.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Old Punkin liked her nanners. Sadie is afraid of them! We just don't like 'em. They're good fur her heart aren't they? Pixie knows what's good fur her! Yay!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

We got to gigglin so hard when we saw Pixie eatin bananas. We didn't know any kitties like nanners...well you learn something new everyday.

Great series of pictures.

Abby

Anonymous said...

Wow Daisy, I've never heard of cats liking bananas! I'm gonna try to give Nermal some and see, but he probably won't like it. Thanks for sharing Pixie's photos, they were perfect for today! Happy hunting :)

Honey P. Sunshine said...

so nanners have potassium and potassium is good for Pixies heart

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Wow ... Cats who love bananas ... Who woulda thunk it?
DMM

srp said...

A cat who loves bananas? How strange will they get? I have one who loves marshmallows and PopTarts. I guess they get as strange as they like. Great shot!

Unknown said...

Those are awesome pics..Are kittlies like spagetti


Hope you stop by and check out the Scavenger Hunt over at Amys Random Thoughts!

Monica said...

Well, I don't like bananas, so it must be rare. Those pictures are funny. I found some pictures that I am going to post for photo hunters too.

MaoMao said...

Holy moly that Pixie likes bananas! None of my sisters like bananas, but I wonder if I would like one. I'll have to get Momma to give me one to find out, hehehehe.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Jake and Bathsheba said...

So, did your mom first offer Pixie some banana because she had heard that the potassium was good for the heart? Or did Pixie just beg for one? Either way, it seems like a good thing for her.

~J&B

Anonymous said...

cats eating bananas is rare. wow!
Mine is up too

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

Oh Pixie you are so very cute. TeaCups Medicine is Banana "flavored" and he likes it. I wonder if he would eat a real banana like you?

Thank you for your Kitty Purrs and Thoughts from you and Daisy. We love you all... Scritches.

Andree said...

That is so cool that Pixie likes bananas! I've never seen that, it is rare. Very cool post!!

Biker Betty said...

I had no idea a cat could love bananas, but then they are too sweet. I shouldn't be surprised, as my dog loves apples. I dropped one recently and he grabbed it up and gobbled it all up. I was very surprised.

BenSpark said...

Man if I wasn't so grossed out by bananas. Big weird dislike of mine. I would enjoy looking at the pictures. Good photos but I am no fan of the banana.

Zenith & the Fancidots Gang said...

Hi Daisy (and Pixie)
Owr meowmy LUFS nannas, jus like Pixie duz. We alwayz want whateffur meowmy is eatin -- cept nannas! Meowmy will peel one, and stik it out for us to taste, but onct when I smeld one, I squinched my eyez and my tail fluffed owt, and I ran like she had offerd me sumpfin frum a dirty litter box.

I'm glad Pixie likes them, she can haf MY shar of ALL the nanna crops!

Mebby I shood tell Casper he needz to eat nannas, wif meowmy, sinc he has the bad HCM heart condishun ??

luf,
yur littel pal,
Zenith

Anonymous said...

A cat eating bananas, that's rare indeed! Never seen it before. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails