Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Dr. Daisy: Instrument, please!

Now that I am almost done with my Milton-Bradley Operations home study course, I have decided that it is time to get some precision medical instruments. Here is a very important piece of equipment: the stethoscope. Here is my syringe. I have found that it is hard to give yourself a shot.
Here is my blood pressure cuff and thermometer. I am almost ready to practice medicine now. Except, I think this medical kit is defective. Because it did not include a SCALPEL!
I am going to practice on Pixie for a while. Maybe I can cure her heart. I need to study about what you are supposed to do with your instruments after you are done for the day. I'm not sure it is right to leave them on top of the patient.

Share/Bookmark

44 Notes for Daisy:

Unknown said...

Daisy, It is so sweet of you to try to cure Pixie! You are going to make a fantastic doctor, most of all, because your heart is in the right place!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Dr Daisy! We love it!! Daisy you are a quick learner and it's a good thing Pixie doesn't mind you practicing on her.

Abby

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

Daisy, you never cease to amaze me! What a good heart you have and Pixie is the best patient! Mom and I loved this post! We laughed, we cried! We give it two paws up!

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Doctor Daisy. That has a good ring to it! Pixie looks like she appreciates your help.

The Remembrance badge is very nice. We would like to put it on our sidebar.
Hope you and Pixie have a nice WW.

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Who needs a scalpel when you've got claws?

PS what happened at Virginia Tech was just awful something like that happened down here in Tasmania in 1996 (before I was born), but Kate remembers. Sometimes I wish that cats didn't just rule the blogosphere, but the world, too...

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Mommie is laughing, but we do not think this is at all funny. We are so glad you have finally acquired your medical instruments. I am sure, well just look at Pixie, we know she is appreciating the monitoring.

You look very good in the stethoscope. You need your doc bag and also the lab coat... do you receive those items after the next course of study.

You younger generation kitties are very impressive indeed. I just completed nursing skool when I was 6. Caesar is sort of a jack of all trades type.

best of luck in your continuing medical studies.

~Princess

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Very impressive medical instruments, Daisy! It would be wonderful if you could cure Pixie. I don't think you are supposed to leave your instruments on your patient either.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Well, if yoo leave dem on da pashent at leest yool know where dey are.

Forty Paws said...

Dr. Daisy,

You need an autoclave for your instruments at the end of the day. Your mommy can probably find one on eBay for like a gazillion green papers.

Pixie looks like she really appreciates your attempts to cure her.

Luf, Us

Christine and FAZ said...

Dear Dr Daisy

How do you mend a broken heart. My girl human is very upset with me cause I let a little mouse die in her shoe. Now she has to buy new tennis shoes. She keeps giving me sad looks and shaking her head. What can I do to make her want cuddles with me again. yours (broken hearted) FAZ

Tara said...

Hmmmm....those are great toys..er...instruments!
Tara

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh Daisy, someday maybe you will haf the answer to cure Pixie!!
I fink you're 'apposed to put your stuff in the dishwasher at the end of the day - Miles

Skeezix the Cat said...

Yoo can praktiss playing dokter with me, Daisy, anytime yoo wunt ... I think at the end of the day yoo need to put yer instroomints in yer dokter's bag. I think thare suppost to be blak, but I'm shur yoo cood find a pink one on eBay.

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Hi Daisy.

Some doctors leave their instruments IN the patients. But I think you're supposed to put them in a drawer or something when you're finished.

Pixie looks a little cheesed off so you'd better work quickly when you examine her.

Spoon of life said...

If I have to go to the doctor...I know where to go now;)

M.

Mr. Hendrix said...

That is very sweet of you to try and cure Pixie. We'll keep our paws crossed it works. If love is a cure, she'll be all set.

Unknown said...

Daisy,

when we need to see a doctor we will call and make an appointment. Do you make house calls to Iowah?

Villana said...

You'll be a great Doctor! My mom is a nurse but she doesn't let me play with her medical kit. I want one like yours!

Besos From Argentina!
Villana

Gemini said...

Oh you look so smart with all your doctor stuff!

Boo said...

OKay dr. Daisy, i'll take you advice with the string :)

Great pix

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

It is better to leave the instruments on top of the patient, than to leave them inside your patient!

Good luck with your practice!

zevo hussein calamari said...

You are one smart cookie Dr.Daisy.
thanks
zevo

Piggy and Grover said...

Oh Daisy, you sweet and darling girl! This made my mom teary-eyed and it made me jealous - those are the coolest toys ever!

Anonymous said...

hehehe ! funny pictures :) no i mean you could be a real doctor one day...

Bogdan, the editor said...

You need to get your own doctor's facility now that you are almost done with your courses!
-Bogdan's investor

HRH Yao-Lin said...

That made me laugh out loud! I think dumping your equipment on the patient is a fine idea, especially after an exhausting day of work!And she looks so please too! LOL

Karen Jo said...

You need a doctor's bag for your intruments, Daisy. I think you could find a pink one somewhere. You are so smart to go through your course so quickly. I do hope you can cure Pixie. I'd like to echo Mr. Hendrix and say that if love is a cure, Pixie is in very good hands, er, paws.

The Crew said...

I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV, but I think you're supposed to clean your instruments at the end of the day by licking them and you could probably add a few bunny kicks to be sure all the dirt is off them.

George

Ivan from WMD said...

Daisy, you make me laugh! I especially enjoyed your practice on Pixie.

The Furry Kids said...

Um, Daisy? I'm a little bit askeered of the way you look in the first picture. Almost like you're getting ready to do laser beam eyes. Though, I guess they do lots of laser surgery nowadays...

Love,
Tazo

PS - Earl Grey wishes he still had his stitches 'cause now you have all the right tools to take them out.

Leona said...

Dr Daisy- you need a white coat! You must be good at what you do- Pixie didn't run away or bite you!

Mo and The Purries said...

Dr Daisy - you're just what I needed to cure my blues today.
Thanks, my dear one.
~Not The Mama

Anonymous said...

Dear Daisy,
I think the thermometer is supposed to go in a different place.......

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Yoo sirtinnly make a good doctor Daisy. Do yoo do teleporting house calls to the UK?

Parker said...

You are one great looking Doc with some very cool tools! I think you need to open a practice and become the first curly-cat doc!

Ernesto said...

Oooh, Daisy! You're so smart! I wish I could get into kitty medical school...

The Fluffy Tribe said...

Oh Daisy you are so cute wif yer instuments. concatulations on getting a docters certificate. maybe yer Mom could get you a basket for yer instruments since if we were Pixie and you left them on us we would cart them away. ~Poiland Tribe

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer dr. daisy,
u look verree serious in deez pikshurz ... an pixie lookz verree serious, too.
i'm prowd uv yer progress.
luv--yer grate frend--jh

Phoebe said...

Dear Dr. Daisy,

Can you cure my stomach problem so I don't have to take my pills anymore? Tracy posted some very undainty pictures of my on her blog. they are of me taking my pill.

caspersmom said...

Dr Daisy. That sounds pretty nice. I was wondering what specialty you were going to go into. Cardiology? That would help Pixie. Looks like Pixie doesn't care much that you left those instruments on top of her. Actually you have the syringe pointed almost in the right place.

Casper

Sasha said...

Daisy, you look so pretty with all these instruments. Your admirer Diamond.

=^..^= said...

Muahaha! I need those medical equipment fur my Foster Mommy! They wud be useful fur her Vet training. But I wudn't like it furry much if she practised injecting me wif the syringes.

~Bombay

Bonnie Underfoot said...

Quite impressive, Daisy. You look very serious with your stethoscope, but I agree that leaving them with the patient isn't a good idea.
Purrs,

a fluffy feline friend said...

Wow, Dr Daisy! You are surely one of the smartest kitties I know! And you look so professional with your new equipment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails