Saturday, January 12, 2008

Photo Hunters #51: Skinny

The Photo Hunters theme this week is skinny. This is a very hard one, because I am not skinny. Even though I weigh just over 6 pounds, I have this big belly. And my Mommie would like to lose 5 or 10 pounds, so she is not skinny either. But she told me that one time, long ago, she used to be a little bit skinny. This sounds a little bit like a fairy tale to me. Here is a picture of my Mommie in a kayak. This was before I was even borned. I guess she was strong enough to hold up a tree back then. She is not that strong now. At least, I never saw her holding a tree before.
Here is an even older picture of my Mommie when she hiked to the top of a mountain. That's Lake Tahoe in the background. My Mommie sure has pale, white skin!
This is another old photo. I think it was taken before they even invented digital cameras. Nice sneakers, Mommie! Are you about to go Jazzercize?
I am not convinced my Mommie was skinny back then. But she was not fat.

Share/Bookmark

46 Notes for Daisy:

Sasha said...

Neither of you look fat to me Daisy. You look gorgeous as always. Your fan Diamond.

Anonymous said...

Um Daisy, my mom used to sail on Lake Tahoe in their family cabin cruiser when she was a little girl.

And before she had the children she used to surf ski on the local Canberra lake. And guess what, she was very thin.

She can't reread the Trixie Belden series at the moment as she is missing one, so she has got out the Harry Potters again.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

You are your mom are both skinny, Daisy!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Daisy, you are very skinny to me~!!!!
Not to worry about the belly, I am so sure that is only the camera lens's angle~~~

Your mommy also look skinny :D~~

Anonymous said...

WE think you look beautiful and skinny! We know when you 'extend' you will have such a flat tummy....it all depends on what position you adopt!
Love Saffi and Jasmin xx

Dragonstar said...

That's not a kind shot of you, Daisy. No-one looks skinny in that position! You're normally a slender cat (skinny sounds rude to me)
Your Mommy looks good, too.

Dma said...

I think I would be careful to say nicer things about someone who can lift a tree over her head.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We think your Mom was skinny.

Mommy says Sockie~Pooh used to be skinny.

~Scylla & Charybdis

Mickey's Musings said...

I think you and your Mom qualify for 'Skinny' :)
Your Mom sure is strong too ;),
and that's the 'skinny' on that!!
Purrs Mickey

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Oh but you don't want to be skinny, slender is much nicer and we fink yoo are byootyful and slender. (And your mum)

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Your Mom is bootiful and skinny. Our Mom use to be skinny too, but that was WAY before we were borned. Just more to snuggle up to now. She says it's good she's tall because she can hide the extra fat better. heeheehee!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

honey when i married sarge (40 years ago) i weighed 97 pounds. that was skinny! ha ha ha

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Monty Q. Kat said...

MomBean would like to know if your belly dimple is available for scritches.

Anonymous said...

You are gorgeous Daisy, who cares if you have a tummy...not me!

You're Mommie is very beautiful, those are some great photographs from before you were born! I would definitely say she was slender, and obviously in excellent shape too!

Sarge Charlie said...

that is not your best angle Daisy, but you are always cute. Mommie was very strong holding up that tree.

BenSpark said...

I love the ayak and tree one. I am a kayaker as well. Have you seen my blog, the wired kayaker?

Tesla and Hansel said...

Daisy! you look simply crazy in that picture!

And i love the old pictures of your momma!


She doesn't look fat at ALL to me!

love,
tesla



ps... i left you an award!

Spooker said...

Daisy - remember that stoopid v-e-t that Chloe had to go to at the 'mergency room when she had her asthma attack? He said she was "overweight" because she should be between 7 and 10 pounds. She was only 10 and a HALF pounds! We think you look just purrfect the way you are!

And we never knew your mommie was so strong! Wow, that's a big tree!
Oh, and Not The Mama says your mommie looks even better today than in the other pictures!

luv,
Auntie Spooker

SophieKitty said...

My Mommie wants me to lose weight too. She is talking about taking away some servings of tuna! Oh, the humanity!

Tyler said...

Yep, I agree. You and your mom are both skinny right now.

Sam I Am said...

Daisy~
Humans are silly
I think she's trying to tell you how awful it would be if you where Poochhe.
woof-woof
Lot's of Licks
Sam

Boy said...

WOW! Your Mom sure is stwong! I never knew anyone who can hold up a twee! I never could, and I am a vewy muscuwar mancat!

Jan Price said...

Your mom doesn't look fat to us either.

Seems like Mao and Annie are popping up all over the blogs. We sure hope they come home soon.

jans funny farm

L. Alida said...

Daisy I think you and your Mommie are both very pretty and your weight is just right. Oh and Pixie is very pretty too. I hope Mao and Annie come home safe and healthy. I will say a prayer and light a candle for them.
Hugs and Purrs,
Lorianna

Forty Paws said...

We think both you and your Mommie are just fine! That is so cool that your Mommie used to be able to lift trees. And hike up tall mountains. Maw used to go hiking and luffed it.

Luf, Us

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Those are good "skinny" pictures.

Mom has one from when she was in the tenth grade ... She hasn't been furry skinny since then. Sigh. Me either.
DMM

Anonymous said...

You both look fine to me.I've given you an award .Please go to my blog and see :)

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Your human looks exceptionally slim and exceptionally beautiful! She is the double of that lady from Jurassic Park. I can't remember her name but that is who your human reminds me of. I bet she is very efficient unlike my fat slovenly human!

Asta said...

Daisy
Who wants to be skinny anyway???
I think both you and youw Mommi look gweat! and to tell you the twuf.I love youw belly ..I would like to kiss it
smoochie kisses
Asta
pee ess youw Mom suwe was stwong even my big Daddi can't lift a twee

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Daisy I think you are an excellent looking cat!

The Devil Dog said...

Daisy, your mom is not fat, so she is skinny. As far as white legs go, we call that a "Vermont Moon Tan."

Roxy

Unknown said...

Neat photos! Am I being anti-human if I admit that the first one is my favorite?

Team Tabby said...

You and your mom both look skinny to us. We love the pictures!

Mindy & Moe

Kitikata-san said...

LOL! I think your mommy had funny sneakers too.

jenianddean said...

Your mommie is very skinny! And her sneakers made my mom laugh out loud only because she used to have a pair just like them.

Happy hunting!
-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Andree said...

You're such a great writer, Daisy. I always crack up at the way you turn a phrase. Your mom is gorgeous; and who wants to be skinny? We want to be women! You're gorgeous too, yes you are!

bluecrystaldude said...

fat ain't bad you know.. You could taking nap with your belly in the air. Me do it all the time. cheers~

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Oh Daisy!!! Your momee iz a model! & so are you. Da momee here iz so fat she can only dreamz of climbin' a mountain. I tink I see where you gots your fashion sense fur sure.

Sassy Kat said...

Ya two both look skinny to me. I am so wonderin how your mom held up that tree, is she strong like that now????? If so I bet ya don't want to make her mad, ha, ha, ha.

Kaz's Cats said...

Now Daisy, we both think that you're looking skinny (or slender like some people said) enough - if you were any skinnier then you'd be starving for food, and that's never good for anycat or human. As for your mom, well since she's in charge of treats and food in general, you might just want to go easy with any non-skinny comments you make out loud...

Just saying,

Gypsy & Tasha

Karen Jo said...

Your Mom looks great in those pictures and so strong, too. You are slender, too, Daisy, you just have that poochy tummy from your operation.

jams o donnell said...

Both of you look great - slender is the right word! Great shots and have a happy weekend

Sunny's Mommy said...

What you call your big belly we call "pouchie". I think most cats get that after their hoohaectomy or gardenectomy. You're still a skinny girl kittie, Daisy ;-)I think your Mommy is skinny, too.

Rocky, Angie & S'more said...

Hi Daisy Do!
We thinks you and your Mommy are lovely and beautious just the way you are! No need for dieting or getting skinny for either of you!

Love,
Rocky, Angie, & S'mores xoxoxo

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I don't think either of you is fat. A little pudge is ok.....it has to be if we want to keep eating Temptations, right? My mom used to dress just like your mom!
--JB

Chaffee Street Cafe` said...

Daisy, Please tell your Mommie that my Mommy can help her by her visiting her site:


www.shopherbalife.com/thall1

It really works and major CC accepted.

I love your web log Daisy!

Bobby

Related Posts with Thumbnails