Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Where have you been, George?

Here is a very fun game you can play with moneys! It is called Where's George. You enter the serial number from your dollars, and you can see where it has traveled!Here is an example of a report from a dollar my Daddie entered in 2002! (click to biggify). Somebody all the way in Escondido, California entered the bill and wrote this about the George:
on my way to get a burrieto at albertos. I usually get a mixed but sometimes a chorizo. I haven't made up my mind yet. :)
I hope that person enjoyed their burrito. They might need to take some spelling lessons, too. Anyway, on November 17, 2002 my Mommie and Daddie found that dollar all the way in south Florida in a Geocache. Geocaching is another fun game that I will tell you about some day.

This George traveled 2,286 miles! Here is a map of the dollar's travels.
So, when you see a dollar, you might wonder where the George has been. Or you could play Where's George! and find out!

Share/Bookmark

84 Notes for Daisy:

Poppy Q said...

Sounds like an interesting game. Maybe you should hold onto all of your beans money, so you can check on it for them.

Have a nice day miss Daisy.

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Miss Daisy,
Wow...that sounds like a fun game! Mommy asks all the time where her Georges go...she says they just seem to disappear all the time. Maybe we could check it out for her. Thanks for passin' this along, Daisy! You is the bestest!

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers & Purrs Gang

The Meezers or Billy said...

we play where's george too!!! it's so much fun!!!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Daisy,

Thanks for telling me this interesting game!!! Although I might not able to play U.S. dollars, but I can understand that rules, and I think it will be very funny~~

Michico says she will share this funny post with her friends and Pamilla, I think it will have great conversation between them!

Purr,
Adan

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, Daisy, that sounds like a very cool game! We only have Canadian dollars and Euro though, not US dollars, so we can't play.

Parker said...

We play that game too! It is a lot of fun. Maybe we will have the same George someday!

Isis said...

Ooh that's cool Daisy! I think I'm better at playing where was queenie? Oh yes Mummy spent queenie on more stuff for Me! :) *giggles*

Leslie said...

That sure sounds like a fun game.

Daisy, you should have heard 30 students reading aloud this afternoon from your latest comic.

What fun!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

That sounds like a neat game Daisy. We are going to play when the youngest boy bean wakes up, so he can play too. ~Scylla, Charybdis & Socks

Anonymous said...

George sounds very interesting Daisy. Mom hardly ever uses George, though. She has a piece of plastic that never seems to go anywhere. She says it's her poofer. We hope she never loses her poofer!

Cecil the Cougar: said...

I has never played that, but my Mommie has heard of George. She wishes she had more George's, I wishes I had more Temptations!

Anonymous said...

That is really funny. You know a lot about geography.

Anonymous said...

The George game sounds like fun. Mom said that she will check out the site and let us play too.

Mickey's Musings said...

Daisy,that sounds fascinating! I never gave much thought as to where the money travels to, as long as I get my Temptations :)
Neato game!
Purrs Mickey

Anonymous said...

My Georges disappear...LOL!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

daisy honey don't touch george! back away! i won't go near him. there is *germs* on george! not effery bean is as clean as your mommie and they get those little things on the green papers. i am scairt of them!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Tazo said...

You guys know all the fun stuff to do! This is a super cool thing to do. Now if Momma could just find a George... She bought dawg and kitty food last night and she says her Georges went away. hee hee

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh I think the Almost Dad has played that game a few times. Wow.

He is very interested in geocaching so we will look forward to that post.

Wael in Panama said...

We thinks George and his brothers (George, George, etc.) are busy guys and that you, Miss Daisy, are always so picture purrfect!

Dma said...

never had a bad burrito. them burritos is tasty.

I've enjoyed the where is george activity. It's amazing how far some bills travel. i'm supposed to do a geocaching exercise this spring for work. i know nothing about what that is...

Sarge Charlie said...

from green hat to green paper, you are always teaching us stuff

Anonymous said...

Hey, Daisy, you look cooler and cooler! Good luck to you!

Monty Q. Kat said...

Did you get your dollar as an allowance?

Chance said...

Ooo, Mai Mommie lurves to go geocaching. In da summer times she takes Shadow an dey go owt looking fur funs stuffs wit her GeePeeEss fing. She sed dis yeer may bee she will gets me a harness an lets me go on sum too.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

That is a lot of traveling for a dollar to do. I wonder if he took the bus or drove himself.

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

You always have the most interesting and entertaining blog!

What a fun game!!!!!

COME BY OUR BLOG FOR AN EXCITING STORY:
http://taylorcatsssss.blogspot.com/

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

That looks like a fun game! Mommy is looking into her waller for dollar bills as we type!

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy, our mommie and daddie go geocaching too! we have fun following our travel bugs around the world! Teddy and I haven't gone yet cause we're just puppies but Honey our big doggie sister says it's lots of fun to sniff them out. Thanks for sharing!
Charlie the girl puggy

Shaggy and Scout said...

We never knew there were such interesting things on the innernets! When we sit on the paper while mom reads it, we have seen several stories about geocaching recently.

Unknown said...

wow daisy, your friend Geoge travel too muchz!! so cool!! me want geoge too!

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

That sounds neat, I'm gonna look for a green paper with George on it and register. Then momma can buy me a toy and we can see where it goes! ~Queen Snickers

LZ said...

That sounds like a fun game! Geocaching is lots of fun too I hear.

Kaze

Anonymous said...

We go Geocaching too Daisy, but of course we play in Canada! :) Our geocache handle is "C2C2Cs Sis"

Yoor friend Ms. Tiger Woods.

Brownie said...

I can enter a dollar :'(
Have a nice day Daisy

Brownie said...

Sorry, is I CAN'T ENTER A DOLLAR
But, my human sister has her first dollar, i'm gonna see wut happens muahahahahaha!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

That sounds like a fun game. My mom keeps losing too many georges....maybe she should track them better.
Have a great day!
--JB

L. Alida said...

Hi Daisy, I am using my Georges to get cat food today. I wonder if they have been used to buy cat food before? This sounds like a cool game. :)
Hugs and Purrs,
Lorianna

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

wow Daisy

That is really fascinating!
Purrs
Abby

PB 'n J said...

Sounds like fun - we'll have to try it with our allowance!

The Cats Stephens said...

Daisy,

We just wanted to thank you for the message you sent out to the pink ladies about Percy. He seemed to perk up right away with all the purrs being sent his way. It made my mom all leaky to see how much people care about her boy. Thank you for your kindness and your purrs.

Purrs,
The Cats Stephens Clan

jenianddean said...

Sometimes parents will say "Don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been" but now you do! My Dad plays with Where's George some too, but usually doesn't have much cash... but he has done Geocaching (the other kind of cache) and really enjoys that. His favorites are the travel bugs. He helped take a travel bug all the way to Fiji once, and it is still traveling the world! Good way to have to take a walk...
--Jasper

Unknown said...

That looks like a very fun game! I guess in Canada we could play Where have you been, Loonie? Ha, ha, ha.....that sounds so funny - but then having a dollar coin called a Loonie and a $2 dollar coin called a Toonie is funny too, but that's what we have!

Dark n Stormy said...

Wow! u look just like us! We both are calico kits. Our mum likes that we are social and active and we don't leave long hair everywhere.
She needs to buy us some holiday outfits like yours! u looked very nice!

Peas & Catnip
Tanya & Chanel

Asta said...

Daisy
That is weally cool..I bet George has been in a lot of intewesting places..do you have plans on how to spend him???pawhaps towawds anothew gowgeous outfit? ow a slice of lizawd pizza??
smoochie kisses,Asta

DK & The Fluffies said...

If you have any extra Georges, you can send them to us!

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Daisy,

I yam cornfuzed. Where iz da pic of da lizard on da green paper??? All I see iz a white furred old man.

-Dr TWeety

Kimo and Sabi said...

This sounds like fun - we will have to try it!

P.S. You look nice and perky on da day after St. Pat's day - whuts' yer secret?

Mo and The Purries said...

Interesting post, Daisy!
I never have enough Georges to do that with!
luv,
not the mama

HRH Yao-Lin said...

wow how very fascinating! I wonder, do you know if there is a UK equivalent? x

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Hmm, think daddy is gonna find out where his Georges has been. Thanks Daisy.

Miz Allie Cat said...

as paw able Daisy I love your blog...yous is the cutest cat around...meow...that Geaogie game sounds like funs...

Anonymous said...

This is so cool, Daisy! Humans in European countries can play the same game and follow their euros at:

http://en.eurobilltracker.com/

Headbutts,
Karl & Ruis

Skeezix the Cat said...

WOWIE! Whut a grate game to play with green papers! The FL has bin bugging Mr TF for a long time to play jee-o-cashing, but he just roles his eyes. Maybe me and her can do it insted! My stroler is an all-terrane stroler, so I think it wood be eezy!

The Devil Dog said...

That is a very cool game, Daisy, we shall have to get mom to play it.

Roxy

catsynth said...

We played "Where's George" a few times several years ago. Unfortunately, our bills often end up in boring places and then disappear.

Those a cute pics of you with the money, though :)

The Furry Fighter said...

oh that is a cool game! i wonder if we have a UK equivalent? "Where's Queen Liz?"

All of my meowmie's Queen Liz's go to the vet place these days - cos of my bunged-upness *giggle*

xxx

Sassy Kat said...

That sounds like a neat game to play. George really gets around for a past president.

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy,
My mom always wonders where her george has gone.Maybe this will help her :)

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That sounds like a fun thing to do. Wonder if there's a UK equivalent.

Copito said...

Wow that is so great Daisy, very interesting!

I know where is the burrito hehehe

='·'=

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Mommy Bean dids this with money she haded when she wents to England. (She thinks the site that does the American money one does the UK version too.) It was neat to see where it went there after she used it.

Hot(M)BC said...

I know where George is! He's somewhere other than our house! hehehe

Tesla and Hansel said...

WOw i sink i should play dat wif mommy's monies.

Or, maybe i should play wif da monies instead. WHO COULD TELL?!

Southbaygirl said...

our mom doesn't have any dollars on her so we'll have to play the game later...it looks fun though!

Kodak, Winton and 3 Perf

SophieKitty said...

That's cool! I'm going to ask my mommie for dollars so I can track them.

meemsnyc said...

We love it when we see George Game on a dollar. We've seen it before and it's pretty cool. We've never seen one travel across the country like you did, that is pretty neat.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

I wish I could have an allowance then I could play the game too! Mommy spends all the green papers for Paul Newman's cat food!

Motor Home Cats said...

Mom says we will go and sign up today - it looks like fun. Walways wonder where our George's go.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Spoony Quine said...

` You're so good at writing, Daisy! I'll have to come back. (After I get the internet in my new apartment.)

Cat Naps in Italy said...

That lookes like a fun game but we cannot play it because we have euros not dollars. We will have to see who is on the euro, I know it isn't George.

Beethoven said...

Wow! That's a fun game! I didn't know those little green notes can be so much fun!

4 Boys and a Lady said...

Daisy, you never cease to make us laugh and smile. You are truly a smart kitty!

Thanks for coming by and wishing Virgil well. He's better and is now back home. :)

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Woh that sure is interesting. It'll be really fun to track the George when he gets out of USA

~ Girl girl

Amber-Mae said...

Hmm, I don't get what game this is... BOL!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Tyler said...

I want to play!

You looked very lovely in your Irish dress yesterday!

Karen Jo said...

That sounds like a really fun game. I'll have to check it out.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Mom's been to that Alberto's taco shop in Escondido. The food's only "ok" ...
DMM

Anonymous said...

Daisy, you are so cute!! You look like my B.B. with a perm!

CRIZ LAI said...

I never knew that there is such a tracking site on the greenback. Thanks for sharing Daisy. I shall check if they have this in our local currency. This should be fun :)

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Mom has played this game!
It is fun to see where George goes.

~ Anna Sue

Anonymous said...

Awesome! As a home based travel agent working in the travel business field, I thought this was great!

Anonymous said...

It's interesting how pets can travel long distances and find their way back home. Maybe they hire travel agents for help..LOL

Spoony Quine said...

` Garr! My cat Vada is biting the spammer!

Kathy said...

Daisy! I got her from picking a random Daisy post. You remember I do that a lot, don't you?

Anyway, I used to do the Where's George thing a lot. I even bought a stamp that you could mark on the bill so that people would go to the site and see where my George had been.

It was lots of fun, but also lots of work, because sometimes I had a lot of moneys to stamp.

Related Posts with Thumbnails