Saturday, July 19, 2008

Photo Hunters: What IS that?

The Photo Hunters theme this week is what IS that? Can you guess what this is?

It is a chrysalis from my butterfly experiment! All five of my caterpillars grew up, climbed to the top of their little cup, and turned into chrysalides! I learned something new, because I did not know the chrysalides would have beautiful golden accents. I thought they would be much uglier. I also did not know the caterpillars would poop all over.
Now it is time to transfer the chrysalides into the Butterfly Garden Habitat. You have to pin the paper disk onto the Habitat. My Mommie had to help with this part because I am Not Allowed to handle safety pins.
I hope the butterflies hatch soon! The instructions say it will take seven to ten days. I cannot wait to witness the Miracle of Birth!
Oh, hi Mommie. I am just keeping an eye on my new pets. Do not worry, I will not bother them.


Share/Bookmark

74 Notes for Daisy:

Poppy Q said...

Daisy thanks for showing us more about your catterpilly babies. I cannot wait until they turn into beautiful flutterbyes.

Anonymous said...

Oh, those a look cool. I can't wait to see how they look as butterflies!

Anonymous said...

wow!!! that is so cool....i have always seen cocoons that they are very grouse and sick but this looks really special..their body marks and spots are so cool...

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Dearest Daisy,
I am so excited~!
Your butterflies will be shown soon!!!!!!!!
Be patient!!!!
I mean me! I need to patiently wait until the butterflies come up!

Anonymous said...

How Purrty, Daisy! We know that we cats are naturally curious, but you must try to be patient!! When they hatch and start fluttering about it will be much more exciting, and of course, all the more beautiful!!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

This is all very exciting, Daisy! Thanks for sharing these important moments with us! We can't wait to see the butterflies!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

7-10 days is a lot of naps. Do you think you can be patient that long. It's going to be exciting when they all start fluttering around.

Mickey's Musings said...

Oh boy!! This is exciting!!!!!!!!!
I cannot wait either :)
Great Photo Hunt too :)

Purrs Mickey

Monty Q. Kat said...

Why hello there, you look very tas...interesting!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Wow, that was a terrific photo hunt Daisy. ~Socks, Scylla & Charybdis

Anonymous said...

That's so pretty Daisy! It's going to be difficult to wait for 10 whole days but I know you can do it! Do you have a butterfly outfit that you can wear on their birth day? That way they'd think YOU were their Mommie!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

can you tell which one is brave yet? sarge keeps asking...

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Kimo and Sabi said...

WOWY - this could be da most interesting pet ever! Yer gonna be a mommie! It's furry hard werk being a mommie - we hopes they don't all gits colds at da same time - it is furry exhausting. We wonder if butterflies gits runny noses?

Sarge Charlie said...

That #l Photo looks very brave to me, I bet he turns into a mighty butterfly......and very handsome also, just saying

Alex the Blogging Kat said...

Chrysalides thingies is very very purdy, Daisy. I canst waitz to sez beautiful butterflies either!

Teddy Westlife said...

Oh I can't wait to see how they turn out! It's like waiting for your babies to be born.

Huffle Mawson

Tesla and Hansel said...

Hai! Dat iz good post yoo gots. I tink i wud eet dem butterflies. Yes. yes i wud.

Babs (Beetle) said...

Oh, this is so exciting! That was very quick. Do you have any photos of the caterpillar's changing? I would so love to watch this happening. You are very fortunate Daisy.

Purrs, Sukie x

Donna said...

Wow, good work, Daisy! :)

Anonymous said...

That's very cool can't wait to see the butterflies :)

Anonymous said...

Daisy, I sure hope they hatch while you're watching. When my daughter was in kindergarten their butterflies hatched while the class was outside at recess, and their chicks hatched over a weekend.

Alexi said...

That was purty. We want to see the butterflies. I like butter and want to see it fly.

Samantha & Mom said...

Wow Daisy! That is so cool! We can hardly wait for them to turn into butterflies! This is so exciting.
Your FL furiends,

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

That is a great closeup of your new pet, Daisy! We can't wait until they grow up into beautiful butterflies so we can see the wonderful pictures your Mommie will take of them! Happy Saturday to you, Pixie and Mommie!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam, Simon and Momma Jan

jenianddean said...

Be very gentle with that habitat. It seems that caterpillars are showing up all over photo hunters today! I can't wait to see those butterflies, either.
--Jasper

Forty Paws said...

Well, those are different looking, now aren't they?

Luf, Us

Nomi said...

This is getting really exciting now Daisy. Have we really got to wait that long ?

Christine and FAZ said...

Yuck I hate cattypillies, they eat the plants and sometimes they make funny smells but they do make nice moths and buttyflies so I forgive them. FAZ

Dma said...

those are so cool looking. I don't understand your mom's safety pin rule though. what does she think u need? thumbs or something?

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

We are so excited for you!
The pictures of the chrysalis was beautiful!!
It looks like you are watching carefully and won't miss a thing :)

~ The Bunch

Chrissie said...

One of the Sticky Kids calls'em "padderpidders". It's gonna be really neat to see how they turn out on emergence! Video! We need video!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Wow! Chrysalides already! We are anxious to see the butterflies emerge. Hope it is at a time you can get pictures!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Wow Daisy, it looks like yoor doing a really good job wif dem flutterbys!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Dat was quick!

We has a surprise for you on Sunday Daisy and Pixie!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

mi mom sed dat dis iz da fun part!
i will be watchin wid bated breath, daisy.
(wut'z "bated breath?")
luv--jh

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Daisy I think you are just being a good watchful pet owner. This is very exciting.

CatLadyDiary.tumblr.com said...

Daisy, you are doing a great jo with your new pets...what will the lizards think?!

Tiger Lily said...

How exciting! I cannot wait to see your butterflies Daisy.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

You are such a good snooperviser, Miss Daisy!
DMM

Black Cat said...

Wow, I had no idea they would chrysalise so soon! This is very exciting!

Thanks for your comment. I liked doing today's doodle much more than yesterday's:) xxx

Cat Street Boyz said...

Daisy this is by far your greatest experiment! Can't wait to see them as butterflies!=^Y^=Setzer

Anonymous said...

Well now, I really thought it was going to be something I didn't want to meet, but it turned out great:) I do look forward to meeting your grown-up pets Daisy!

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

You are a very curious and educated kitty, dear Daisy. I am enjoying your butterfly experiment immensely and am almost as anxious as you to see the butterflies emerge.

Cindy

Fred said...

I can hardly wait to see how it turns out. Patience!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

That looks like fun. You are growing your own new friends! I must ask my mom about that.
Uh, PooPoo turned over a new leaf sorta, but she joined a gang at the jail!
--JB

dennis said...

Dennis is finding this very interesting, Daisy. Good to see you have hobbies to keep you busy. And this is an important hobby. Be careful with your new pets!

Motor Home Cats said...

The chrysalides are very pretty. We can't wait to see the butterflies when they emerge.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Leslie said...

We are following this very carefully - we were wondering where you got them form?

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Daisy, this is really great. I feel like this is a science blog today. I love it! Great pictures. I am excited to see them grow into caterpillars!

purrrs for a happy day
<3 Prin

Matthew S. Urdan said...

Steven Humour and I have formed the Free Comments Defense League. If you're interested in joining the blogroll, please let me know.

Thanks!

Luka & Ezri said...

Your kittypillers grew up fast!

Jans Funny Farm said...

We can't wait to see your pets when they change.

Randi said...

wow Daisy! Those little catapilly babies are pretty! & I'm sure you are not trying to bother them when they are sleeping..only trying to rock their cradle & sing them a lullabye!

Love & Licks,
Randi

Spooky said...

How exciting! How long before they turn into butterflies?

Sweet Purrfections said...

That was fast! I didn't realize it would happen so quickly. Of course, when you are right there waiting, it seems like forever! Can't wait to see the butterflies.

Lux said...

Wow, those are very beautiful just as they are! Best wishes with the hatching!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We were right, we were right! We SAID last week ya were getting a butterfly tent next an we were right! Yippee!

Sushi said...

Yay Daisy, first time you ask me to guess something and this time I got it right! I wanna see your butterflies when they are born. Byeeee!

Skeezix the Cat said...

Boy, yoo are shur lukky to have pets. I wish I had a pet. Like a gote, maybey.

Asta said...

Daisy how vewy bootiful those chwysalises awe..and to be able to see that twansfowmation must be vewy exciting.I hope they tuwn into gowgeous buttewflies fow you
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Mr. Echo said...

Thay aint wastin no time! I wonder whut thay will look like. Maybe thare wings will haff gold ackcents too.

Spoony Quine said...

` Awww! Daisy looks so excited!!!

` BTW, I watched all her videos last time I was here. Glad to see that Daisy is not into jamming her thumb into lizards'... uh... never mind.

Amber-Mae said...

Oh wow, that is sooo kewl! I can't wait to see what they'll look like when they finally hatch. I like that last phot! Looks like you're being mischievous again huh Daisy.

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

eastcoastlife said...

How interesting! I thought caterpillars are green. :P

Can't wait to see them turn into beautiful butterflies. :)

The Devil Dog said...

That is so cool, Daisy. We are waiting to see them turn into butterflies.

Roxy

Gretchen said...

I can't wait to see them come out and be butterflies. They look very pretty even now.

Hugs...G

Sunny's Mommy said...

I've never seen a chrysalis up close. Cool. Eeeww on the poop. :-p

Copito said...

butterflies coming soon!!!

='·'=

We3Katz said...

That last pichure make uz not so sure u won't bother dem!!

The Furry Bambinos said...

Daisy, How exciting! Thank you for showing us the photos of the chrysalides! They are beautiful!

Padre, Panda Bear, and Meerkat

The Island Cats said...

Wow, Daisy. That's pretty cool. We can't wait to see the butterflies too!

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

Questdriven said...

Hey, about a year ago my humans had some butterflies just like that.
They all hatched and after taking pictures they set them free.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Oh Daisy you are such a good mother to your wiggley wormies...so concerned over them. They are going to be so beautiful!! Do you need to boil water and get towels for this birth?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails