Saturday, December 27, 2008

Goodbye, Icon, my friend

I was saddened to learn that my friend, Icon Baxter Bentley, unexpectedly went to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. He was a very wonderful cat and I am going to miss him a lot. You may remember that he was my sister Pixie's special friend. As a tribute to Icon, I would like to share the Valentine video that Pixie made for Icon in 2007. I hope they are holding paws together at the Bridge.


Share/Bookmark

37 Notes for Daisy:

Chrissie said...

I'll bet they're holding paws for sure, Miss Daisy. Special friends like Pixie and Icon remain special friends forever, in my opinion. I also think that they're playing together and eating lots of good things, and finding warm sunspots to lie down in together, where they purr and purr and purr.

I am sorry for your heart, Miss Daisy.

Your friend,

Angus

BeadedTail said...

Daisy, I am so sorry to hear about Icon. Purrs to his family.

Jans Funny Farm said...

We didn't know Icon but we know how much it hurts to lose a furry one, so we dropped over to his place to leave our condolences to his family.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I visited his web home and left my condolences. Our fur babies are so dear to us...

Anonymous said...

WE are saddened to hear about Icon. We know Pixie will show him around and be sure he gets only the best bananers.

Unknown said...

Most definately Icon and Pixie are holding paws! It is sad he had to go but its good memories that keep him close!!

Shadow
Molly
Troo

The Creek Cats said...

Oh we are so sad to hear about your friend, Icon. We are also sad that we never got to know him or Pixie. We know they were both very special and they are holding hands at the bridge.

Book Worm said...

SORRY ABOUT YOUR CAT='( Thanks for writing me could you tell me how to make it better

Anonymous said...

Sad to hear Icon went to the bridge. Always sad to hear about families losing their beloved furkids. Cute valentine that Pixie made for him.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We were sad to hear that Icon had gone to the Bridge

Luzinha said...

oh, Daisy, I'm so sad for you too... I always be pretty sad when I hear these notices about kittys...

I hope you be well...

kisses for you all!

Donna said...

Oh no. I am very sorry. I has a big sad.

Rest in peace, Mr. Cat.

Brownie said...

Oh, I met Icon by seeing your archives in February 2007, I visited his blog, but he hasn't wrote to much...
I think he's finally eating bananas with pxie in heaven...
-Brownie

Two Greyhound Town said...

Daisy, we are sorry to hear about Icon.

Motor Home Cats said...

We were so sorry to hear about Icon too. That was and always will be a great vidoe valentine. We hope they are running thru the fields of flowers at the bridge and having a great time now.

Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Max said...

I felt like someone had stepped on my tail when I heard...it was just a giant icky shock. But I do like to think of him and Pixie getting to play together at the Bridge.

Thanks for sharing the Valentine video...that was awfully sweet.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that Icon has gone to the Rainbow Bridge already

SophieKitty said...

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Daisy. It certainly has been a tough year for you. I'm sure Icon and Pixie are holding paws, sharing a naner.

Chesney Cats said...

We are so sorry for the loss of your friend. The bright spot is that he & Pixie will be together forever.

Hugs & Purrs,
Sammy, Festus & Emma

Pee Ees: We will go by & leave our sorries to his family

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss.

It was nice to see the video of Pixie. I teared up when I saw it. She was a special girl... I didn't realize how much I missed seeing her. Thanks!

yes, I'm sure she and icon are happy together up in kitty heaven...

Tiger Lily said...

Daisy, we are very sad about Icon. The video is a good tribute for both Icon and Pixie.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs and tail wags,
Zeke, Sushi, Tiger Lily and Ruckus

Shaggy and Scout said...

Oh Pixie, we never saw this valentine before...How special to see you again honey....we know you & Baxter are together and you are showing him all the ins & outs & all abouts of the Rainbow Bridge. xxxooo

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Daisy! Thank you for sharing--even if we wish you didn't have to. What a horrible shock. Icon was one of our long time friends and we are first hearing about it from you.

Samantha & Mom said...

Daisy that is a wonderful tribute to Icon!! Pixie was very sweet, too! We know they are together at the Rainbow Bridge!
Your FL furiends,

Asta said...

I'm so sowwy Icon is gone fwom hewe but love like that doesn't go away and I'm suwe dawling Pixie and Icon awe stwolling paw in paw.
Sad smoochie kisses
ASTA

Anonymous said...

Miss Daisy that was a wonderful tribute, it gaves everybody something to smile about in a sad way. We all KNOW they will be meeting up and holding hands and being happy together :)))

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We are puuring quietly fer Icon today. And his fambly...

Amber-Mae said...

We are very sorry to hear about your friend, Icon. But that video was just sooo adorable. We hope they two are reunited once again.

POOPED out,
Solid Gold Dancer

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your loss.

Teddy Westlife said...

I hope they are running free together over the Bridge Daisy.

Huffle Mawson

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

It is always sad to lose a friend but the thought of Icon and Pixie reunited and holding paws at the bridge does make us smile.

Alexi said...

I'm sorry to hear that Icon crossed the Bridge but I'm sure Pixie greeted him upon his arrival and gave him some bananers.

Everycat said...

It's so sad that Icon had to leave for The Bridge, but he will be reunited with sweet Pixie and they will be having a wonderful time playing together.

That was lovely to see Pixie's Valentine video to Icon, it made our Mum's eyes leak.

Whicky Wuudler

The Oceanside Animals said...

Sorry about your friend, Daisy.

Anonymous said...

Daisy: so sorry about your friend. What a kind heart he must have had, to make sure Pixie has some company.

Anonymous said...

can u leave ur phone number to me???

Anonymous said...

I think we should keep the same view, and then in our understanding of this point, and then deeper thinking!

Related Posts with Thumbnails