Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Mystery: What Am I?

For today's Monday Mystery, you must solve the riddle! Are you ready?
My two sharp fangs are made to bite
I pierce right through and clamp down tight
My belly's filled with a row of steel
Although it is a bloodless meal
My larger cousin is a "gun"
We make sure your things don't come undone
What am I?

If you think you know the answer, raise your paw!
To see if you are correct, press the buzzer, below!



Share/Bookmark

86 Notes for Daisy:

mumrik said...

yay, i got the answer right!
thanks for providing laughs, knowledge and catitude, daisy!

cleanse said...

You are beloved Daisy. One of the best blogger on the web.

Country Cats said...

Yay! We knew the correct answer.

Margaret said...

What a cute riddle! And I got it right, too! Yay!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Yes, yes!!!
I got it right as well~!

christy said...

we said "staples" so maybe that's close enough to count.
riddles are fun!

xo-pippin, turtle, & ava

The Florida Furkids said...

You stumped us again!!! Mom isn't too bright early in the morning.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Teddy Westlife said...

Oh. I was wrong.

Huffle Mawson

Pinky Ash and Boo said...

Yay we got it right. That was a fun mystery.

Forever Foster said...

We got it!! Oh wow!!! Haha we never thought this day would come:)

We loved the addition of a buzzer.

Poppy Q said...

We got it right!! Yippeee.

That was an awesome picture of you with the metal monster.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Yay! We got it right too, probably helped by the fact that #1 had just been using hers...

Have a great Monday, Daisy and Harley!

Your Pals,
Tom and Tama-Chan

Parker said...

You got me this time Daisy!

i beati said...

Got it that's because you give stellar clues . Happy monday !!Sandy

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! We got this one right! You are one clever curly girl, Daisy!

Sweet Purrfections said...

That was a good one, but I missed it. I thought it was vice grips and a glue gun.

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

Finally! I got one right! (And I actually raised my "paw" because you said I should).

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh my, we didn't get it at all!

Dma said...

that was tough.

Chrissie said...

Stapler? Stapler! But much prettier, Miss Daisy!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

that was too easy daisy! next time do a harder one. or else maybe i took too much fish oil today! ha ha ha

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Daisy, you have the most fun blog! You are the most clever cat I know!
Have a great week!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

You has us stumped! Good puzzle!

Isis said...

Oh that's brilliant Daisy! :) Maybe not quite as cool as my latest news, but pretty darn close! ;)

Purrs,
Isis
x

PS: The kittens have names now!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We got it right! Thanks for the great clues, Daisy!

Puglette said...

yay!! hubby guessed it this morning and he was right! that was a good puzzler. thanks, daisy!
hugs,
puglette and hubby too!
:o)

TabbyNormal said...

Dear Daisy,
Our Mum got the answer right, right away. She says it's because she is in love with a store named Staples. We know nothing about that but we think you and she are pretty cool anyway!!

Purrs,
Abby & Stygia

Gemini and Ichiro said...

We did not get the right answer, but I think it is because Momma is still real tired...

Shaggy and Scout said...

You stumped us Daisy!
You are sure cute in the first picture with your tail curled at your side.

JD at I Do Things said...

I'm raising my paw . . . er, hand. I guessed it right! That was a very clever poem, Daisy!

Babs (Beetle) said...

I guessed that one Daisy! You make up good riddles :O)

Purrs, Sukie x

Anonymous said...

I didn't get it but after I looked at the answer it made perfect sense. You are way more clever than I am

Anonymous said...

We guessed it! We finally guessed one of your riddles! Hooray!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Shoot, we might need some kinda brain vitamins...

LUCKYLADY said...

Dasiy how did you get so smart and cute

The Crew said...

Yes, we were right!! Mom says she uses one of those things at work, but we've never seen one close up. Watch out for your paws, Daisy!

brokenteepee said...

Ooh, Daisy you stumped me. I guess I am not as smart a goat as I thought. That or the hormones are going to my goat brain.
Good one!

Milo and Alfie said...

YES! High 5! We got the answer right!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

HA!

Furry khute!

Happy Monday!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Sarah Coggins said...

Good one, Daisy! You had me fooled again. Maybe next week. :)

Black Cat said...

Yay, I got it right! Your riddles are so cool Daisy darling and poetic too!

I'm doing a bit of catching up coz the weekend was practically a write-off. I was so tired I didn't even turn the computer on yesterday. Yikes! But your Sunday comic has brightened my Monday!

Please send lizards... :) xxx

Sunny's Mommy said...

I thought I had the correct answer. I thought it was "zipper". Even though I knew that didn't match with the gun part, but I couldn't think of ANY thing else it could be. I should drink more coffee before your quizzes ;-)

The Furry Kids said...

We were wrong! Pushing the button was super fun, though. :)

Happy monday to you guys!
Love,
Tazo

Max said...

I did not get it right :( In fact, I just couldn't think of anything. I has a case of teh dumb today, I guess...

BumbleVee said...

oh, boy... didn't see that one coming.... at all...
I was thinking along the lines of a zipper but, that didn't quite cut it...so nope, have to be honest, I didn't get it right...

Anonymous said...

Ha-ha that was a great riddle Daisy. We thought and thought but could not get it!

Sarge Charlie said...

GOOD ONE DAISY, YOU FOOLED ME AGAIN

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I was a little bit scared on this one, and could not guess. That was a good one!
--JB

jenianddean said...

That was a tough one. My brain must not be working right today because I was way off!
--Jasper

Mary said...

Yay, I got it, too!

Jackie said...

I didn't look Daisy. Is it a stapler? I'll go peek now!! good riddle Daisy!!

Happy Monday:-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...the first Monday riddle I ever solved! I love the look on your face in the answer photo.

Liss said...

I'm excited I guessed it right away.

Lorenza said...

I was not even close!
Haaaa!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

WOO HOO!! We got that one right!

Mickey's Musings said...

That was a great riddle Daisy!!!! We let Mom guess and she thought it was a vice grip!! We have no idea how she came up with that!!! hahahahahaha
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

pet care tv said...

OH MY
These pictures are great.
So good.
-MyPetCareTV

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Nope, my brain is on vacation today. I did not guess it!
You are sooooo cute Daisykins

Anonymous said...

I got it Daisy!!! That's what we use when we package our toys so I'm familiar with it. That's a great riddle!

jane

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Hooray! We got it right.

Sassy Kat said...

I thought I had it but I was wrong again!
Thanks for stopping by today. I am lonely and haven't been able to visit much.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Hmmm ... I wasn't right at all. I was guessing a sewing masheen. Darn.
DMM

The Island Cats said...

That's a good one, Daisy! We didn't know the answer!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the smile today. Take Care

SophieKitty said...

Yay! I got it right.

Anonymous said...

You are pretty good at those riddles Miss Daisy! I thought that was kind of hard!!! Does Harley ever come up with riddles?

Tommy and Teaghan said...

We nefur get doze fings right. Yoo am so smart Daisy.

Lux said...

That was a really good one, Daisy!

Hansel said...

Daisy yoo shure fooled us!

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

We guessed right...maybe our first time ever! You are quite an office assistant, Daisy!

Amber-Mae said...

Yay! I got the answer right!

Mr. Echo said...

Yay! I got it rite! Tell Harley I loved his moovie. He wuz smoothing the sheets reel good.

Quill and Greyson said...

Mommy never gets these right!

Cory said...

We have one of those on our desk and mom still couldn't help me get it right! I'll keep trying!

Skeezix the Cat said...

KRAP! I got it rong!

Honey the Great Dane said...

Ooh - Daisy, I got it right! I got it right!
Maybe I'm not such a dumb Dane after all!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We was wrong. ~Socks, Scylla, Charybdis & Fenris

Jaya said...

Easy Cheesy that one was!

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello daisy its dennis the vizsla dog hay i do not no wot this kreecher is wot yoo ar describing but it sownds verry verry scarry!!!! i think i need to go hide for a wile ok bye

Us4 Cats said...

yay! that was fun and hubby got it correct.

Findlay Furs said...

That was a great one... you are furry smart Daisy!
purrs Luke

TheSlyCat said...

We love your mysteries Daisy! We always feel so smart when we finally get one right.

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh my!! We guessed wrong again! It seems riddles is not our strong suit!!
Your FL furiends,
and Maverick

Donna said...

Yay, dat was good! I likes those tings. :)

Unknown said...

Excellent! You had me stumped this time, Daisy girl!

Your pal,

Petey

Theresa111 said...

That was a very good puzzle. I missed.

Love,

Theresa111

P.S. I am mailing to you this Saturday from the USPS. Fun stuff little Daisy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails