Saturday, April 25, 2009

Photo Hunters: Protect(ion)

The Photo Hunters theme this week is protect(ion). Today I would like to show you my special protector. It is a Bast Cat Goddess tarot doll! Isn't she beautiful?
Here is what the artist said about my doll. (You can click on the image to biggify). Bast is protector of the home, children and small house animals. This means she will keep me safe!
Here is more information about how my art doll was made. Even though we got it a few years ago, I found an Etsy shop where you can get your own Spirit doll by this artist! Or you can also see more from Griselda Tello here!
Here is what my Bast tarot doll looks like on the wall. Sometimes, I like to just stare it it.
Look at the beautiful face! Can you see the two smaller cats she holds and protects? I think they represent me and Harley.
Harley says "Thanks for helping to keep me safe!"
ps: Guess what? When I contacted the artist to get permission to show her work, she said that if any of my friends want to get a doll for yourself, she will give you a 10% discount! You just need to contact her before you purchase so she can adjust the price. Her e-mail address is listed on the Etsy page.

ps: If you click HERE, you can also see some of the other beautiful pieces!



Share/Bookmark

83 Notes for Daisy:

Teddy Westlife said...

That is some awesome protection Daisy. It's good that something is looking after you and Harley.

Huffle Mawson

Forever Foster said...

That is a very magical looking Bast doll. It is nice that she is there watching over you two.

Mariposa said...

Thanks for sharing...very interesting!

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Cat goddess? I didn't know cats require protection... cool.

Have a great weekend!

Pinky Ash and Boo said...

That is an interesting looking doll. Very cool protection picture.

Country Cats said...

Wow that is a cool protector! Ours is just boring...locks and such on the door. We'd feel much safer with a protective Goddess!

Bim said...

Beautiful and also a little scary - but I guess that's what's needed for efficient protection!

Misha said...

That dolly is gonna give me nightmares tonight!

Anonymous said...

Your Bast Cat Goddess looks like one sassy lassie, Daisy!

Gandalf and Grayson send head-bonks to you and Harley!

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Daisy,
We think you and Harley are very lucky to have someone so brave watchin' over you!

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers and Purrs Gang

Luzinha said...

oh!, protection for Meows is very important, Daisy! you are a very clever cat!

tell Harley that I sent a kiss!

and a big kiss for you!

have a great saturday, dear! all the best!

Anonymous said...

Wow Daisy,
That's a really cool doll. Does she protect you even against alligators? I'm glad you've got her to look out for you and Harley.

jane

i beati said...

A VERY COOL SPIRIT DOLL, MUST MAKE YOU FEEL EXTRA GOOD TO HAVE HER IN YOUR CORNER

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Bast is pawsome protection. ~S,S,C & F

Gemma Wiseman said...

O Daisy! Your Bast doll is almost as beautiful as you! What a magic friend to have!

Donna said...

Wow, u got ur own totem pole. Neat!

RJ Flamingo said...

She looks very imposing and powerful - I certainly wouldn't mess with her - or you! Neat post for PH.

Hope you’ll stop by mine!

The Florida Furkids said...

What pawsome protection! You and Harley are lucky to have her to watch over you.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

She is very protective looking, Daisy. I think you and Harley are safe! We looked at the Etsy shop and the artist is very talented!
Thanks for showing your protector to us.
~ The Bunch

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

You have a protector just for you? That is so you can just relax and have fun, you lucky cats!

The Island Cats said...

We think your protector is very intertesting looking...we think she looks like she could keep you really safe!

Sarge Charlie said...

it is very beautiful, especially next to you miss daisy.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Daisy and Harley,

Seeing your protection, we thought we might need one too...so we visited the Etsy page and she only has 1 cat doll. Teri wanted to buy it right then, afraid someone would grab it...but she wrote to the lady first, like you said to do and then we will get the discount (thanks fur helping out that way)...

Hope we can get it cuz we think it would look nice next to the masks and voodoo dolls Teri has in the living room. If we get it, we will take a piktur of it for you, with the other fetish things.

Jodi's Book Reviews said...

Happy Caturday Daisy and Harley. We hope you all have a purrfect weekend.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

wow i know that will protect you both! very kool!

smiles, auntie bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

Unknown said...

Very intresting daisy and harley. I hope the emulant protects you both forever.

Anonymous said...

That is very intriguing...

Cory said...

That is very cool! We are happy to know that you are safe and protected.

The WriggleButts said...

Now that looks like great protection!

Quill and Greyson said...

That doll looks like it could give off some serious protection mojo!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Wow! That is some protection. That was very interesting, too.

Dianne said...

That's a neat protection post Daisy!

Unknown said...

Just stopping by to say hello to the whole family!


Jodi

Dma said...

that is really cool. i may have to contact the artist. somehow i don't think any of my bobblehead dolls will protect the boyz any.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You two have some heavy duty protection! No dogs will get anywhere near you with that special friend watching:)

Puglette said...

that is a really cool little doll. at first i thought it was really big, and i worried that is was going to attack daisy! but no, just a lesson in perspective. ;o)
have a fun saturday!!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Sassy Kat said...

Wow, I didn't know they had protector dolls. Great to have around, does it increase the nine lives that we are given?

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Wow!

That is some protekhtor!

Tank woo fur sharing!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Shaggy and Scout said...

That is a lovely rendition and WOW how kind of the artist to offer a discount!

Anonymous said...

Hey Daisy do they make those for dogs too? I tagged you for a meme at my site!

Griselda said...

How very kind of you to post about my little doll, I already sold two this morning and my heart is so full of gratitude I just want to thank you and to let you know that by Monday I will have new cat dolls, they are still in the making. Bright Blessings everyone!
Griselda Tello

Flo said...

How nice to have your very own protector doll!! That's great.

brokenteepee said...

I like your goddess doll. She is beautiful. And her maker is very nice to give your readers a discount. If I had one Abby would probably eat it. *sigh*

Your Daily Cute said...

How cool that you have a protector doll! Very nice of your mom to get you guys that!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

We think that is an awesome symbol of protection and we really really like the fact that the artist was so nice about letting you not only feature her but offering the discount. How very cool!

Griselda said...

PS
I know some of my little dolls look a tad spooky...but like they say, at times "that is the nature of the beast"
Others are sweet and calming, like the Zen Cats and the Burma Legend Spirit Dolls, if you have a bit of time, I have gathered a few samples of what I have sold, those dolls will not be duplicated but I have kept the molds and I could use the face for another doll. Here is the link: http://gristello.blogspot.com/
Bright blessings everyone, your beloved pets, cats, dogs and even turtles (yes, I have made turtle dolls) all have a great spirit that brings to your home joy, playfulness and unconditional love.

Lorenza said...

I had never seen one of those Bast dolls.
Sure is nice to know you are protected!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Van from T1 internet said...

It's my first time to hear about bast dolls...what are they for? and how or where can I get one? Are there other kinds of bast dolls for different protections?

Chaffee Street Cafe` said...

Now that is a beautiful doll and one I would love to play with. As a child, I really didn't like dolls. I played outside most of the time. I am so happy she is protecting you, Harley and your parents. She has such good vibrations that i can easily understand the reason you chose her!

Love,

Theresa111

P.S. Thank you for the thoughtful card. We placed it in the kitchen where we always see it.

Asta said...

Daisy
How wondewful to have youw vewyown cat pwotectow!
I hope you and hawley stay safe fowevew!
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Unknown said...

omg dasy that doll is surely hairly and very very bite-licous!! I wanna eat it so bad...

Milo and Alfie said...

What an incredibly pawsome protection charm. We love it. It must make you feel very safe.

Tara R. said...

That is very cool. Excellent choice for today's theme.

Black Cat said...

I'm so sorry Daisy, this doll creeps me out Big Time. Eeeww! Voodoo or what? Not my mental image of Bast at all! A shudder went down my spine as soon as I saw it and biggifying did nothing to allay the feeling. Having said that, the artist sounds really nice. Perhaps it's just me, never liked dolls even as a child. Take care, srsly. xxx

Hansel said...

That's a spooky looking doll daisy! can i chew it? -benny

Mickey's Musings said...

Oooooooooooo!!! The artist does lovely work !!!
It is pawsome to have a Bast Goddess of your own to watch over you :)
That will really give you PROTECTION !!
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

Mickey's Musings said...

Oooooooooooo!!! The artist does lovely work !!!
It is pawsome to have a Bast Goddess of your own to watch over you :)
That will really give you PROTECTION !!
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

AB clan said...

This doll is a talisman , you're lucky to get it

ViVi & AB

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Purrfect for protection. Furry interesting. It am always good to haf someone watchin ofur us.

Black Cat said...

P.S. Had to go through hoops to post comment. Apparently not logged in, but I was. This very hard too. Take care, luvsya :) xxx

BeadedTail said...

That is a wonderful protector Daisy! I'm glad that it's looking out for both you and Harley.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

That is a neat doll. It looks like it will give you great protection.

Leslie said...

Wonderful post for this week Daisy!

The topcatrules girls say HI!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

That doll is very scarey! We can see how it does protect you both.

Rebecca said...

Very unique, like you , Daisy!

Griselda said...

A word about SPIRIT DOLLS AND POWER ANIMAL SPIRITS.

I am having such a great time reading everyone's comments...!!
The reason behind Power Animal Spirit dolls or Fetish art dolls is based in many traditions, mostly from the Egyptian and Native American, where animals were seen as sacred spirits, guides and protectors. My little dolls are simply WORKS OF ART, I do not make any statements as to their "powers" other than, they are made with love and clear intention to bring peace, inspiration and a sense of protection to everyone's home, the same kind of system used in Feng Shui. Thank you all for kind comments and if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at gristello at gmail.com from time to time I get requests to make a doll with the face of a furry friend.

dennis said...

Dennis thinks the nostrils on lower left look like Eddy's. Dennis feels a little scared of that doll, but Dennis trusts Daisy~ it's a nice doll.

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

What a lovely protector you have.

Samantha & Mom said...

Wow!! Daisy that is a cool PROTECTION for you and Harley!!
Your FL furiends,

Ikaika said...

How lucky you are to have a Bast doll for protection. I can tell she was made with loving intent...

'Kaika

healingmagichands said...

That is a beautiful protective totem, and it is no wonder you love it.

Southbaygirl said...

that sure is an intricate doll! WOW-must have taken alot of work to make for you!!

-Kodak, 3 Perf and Blossom

Duni said...

I'm glad you have the 'bast' to protect you!
I need one of those too!

Sammy

Sasha said...

no I don't like it Daisy. It has a scary face.

Skeezix the Cat said...

psssst, Daisy: did yoo see ware she is the goddess of ::wispers:: s-e-x? My face gits hot just thinking about it.

JD at I Do Things said...

Wow, that is beautiful. I'm definitely going to check out that Etsy shop. I love how the goddess is protecting the two small cats. I would like something to protect Gus and Pru from throwing up. I'm sure I can find a good doll.

Mo and The Purries said...

That is SO cool!
I have two Bast statues in the bedroom.
The artist did an amazing job, and I know this will help keep your home and family safe.
Lots of love,
Mo

The Oceanside Animals said...

Goddesses make good friends!

Maureen said...

Very cool. Apparently I was born under Bastet, Egyptian Goddess of cats and women. Explains a lot, since I have three cats! Perhaps I need one of those too!

catsynth said...

That is a very interesting Bast doll, and I hope it brings your family much protection.

Dream Mom said...

That is one scary doll...I think I would feel more bad luck than good with it.

I wish you, Harley and you Mom, nothing but the best though.

Toulouse said...

Hi Curly,

Remember me? *giggles* Griselda left a note on our Auction we are holding for Teal'C whose family is in dire straights right now. She asked if she could donate one of her Spirit Dolls! Well mom LOVES this kind of art and started to read about your protection doll she gave you! Mom said she has to have one for us.

I miss you all so much and will be back to blogging soon! Stay well and sweet!

Your Friend,
Toulouse

Tagscats said...

I love Gris's dolls and have several of her spirit cats and other dolls that keep me company in my art studio. Your doll is beautiful. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails