Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday Mystery: Solve the Puzzle

For today's Monday Mystery, I have a fun brain teaser! I hope you enjoy it. Here is the riddle you must solve:

You are running in a road race. Just before crossing the finish line, you overtake the racer in second place. Hooray! What place did you finish in?
I have created a re-enactment to help you figure out the correct answer.
Also, you may use a magnifying plastic if you wish. But I do not think it will help you figure out the answer.
Do you know the correct answer yet? Press the Answer Button to see if you are correct. Good luck!

Share/Bookmark

92 Notes for Daisy:

Anonymous said...

Ha HA, I thought I've got this one figured out,but no. Daisy you are too smart for me.

gemmak said...

Heh...that's very clever Daisy :o)

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We got it right this time!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Yayyy!!! At last we got one right!

RJ Flamingo said...

I got it right, too! Even at this ridiculous time of the morning and no coffee, yet! It's going to be a good day!

P.S. - Love your reenactment!

The Florida Furkids said...

YIPPEEE we finally got one right!!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Milo and Alfie said...

Well bless your cury whiskers Daisy - we got it wrong again!

Anonymous said...

Daisy, that is a very beautiful photo of you today! And the blurred runners racing toward the finish line is fabulous!

We hope Mr. Shrill did not trip you or Harley in order to win - Because that is something he would SO do! hahaha!

We got it right, but Mom had to help us.

Bae Bae said...

That sure is a clever puzzle. ;)

~ Bae

Spunky Doodle said...

You tricked both my humans, Daisy! They thought how easy, of course, it's 1st place! LOL Even with your helpful picture, they still missed it! Ha, ha, ha.

Forever Foster said...

Hooray! We got it correct this time:) Your re-enactment was very cute.

Parker said...

Mommy and me need more coffee. We were wrong!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

You are very clever Daisy and stumped us again. ~S,S,C & F

Teddy Westlife said...

Yay I got the answer right today.

Huffle Mawson

The Island Cats said...

Yay! We got it right! That was a good one, Daisy...it made us really think!

i beati said...

Glad you are sharpening me up for a Monday - hopefully I remain sharp the rest of the week hahaha

The Creek Cats said...

We were right, YAY! Musta had our thinking caps on straight today :)

Poppy Q said...

Very clever Miss D. I love the magnifying picture of you. Thanks for helping us stay brainy.

Henson Ray said...

Got it. Great picture to help us, though.

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

YOU ARE MUCH TOO TRICKY FOR US!!! WE DIDN'T GET IT!!!

CCL Wendy said...

Daisy, well that's what I immediately thought -- second place, but then I started thinking too hard after that, and thought it couldn't be that obvious. Oh well!

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Omigosh, am I mentally challenged pup or what?
I can't guess the answer right, everytime!!!

Anonymous said...

Ha-ha, that is a good one Daisy! You fooled us!

The Monkeys said...

We got it right too...but we had to think about it a bit. Love the reenactment!

Cory said...

Mom had to help me figure it out, but we got it!!!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Good one Daisy! And we liked your reenactment!
--JB

Chrissie said...

I think I'd be in second place, Miss Daisy, which is really fine with me. Now I'm gonna go push that yellow button!

Dma said...

i'm just glad i was able to finish the race.

Noll's Nip said...

DOH! You out smarted me again Daisy!

Janet said...

hahaha That's a good one, Daisy! :-) You are very clever!

JD at I Do Things said...

Gosh darn it! I've even heard this one before, and I still didn't guess right!

I did enjoy the picture, tho.

BumbleVee said...

ohhhh...duh....how could I get this one wrong? ..I'm embarrassed to say...I was thinking ...first.... *blush*

The Crew said...

Oh my, this is very difficult, Daisy. We have to get Mom to think really hard for this one and she says she has to have her coffee first!

Puglette said...

haha! that's a good brain teaser, daisy. i had to stop to think for a moment, but i got the right answer. thanks for the fun!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Monty Q. Kat said...

Thinking is hard.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Daisy you are so so wise!!!
Amazing answer,
I love it!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

YEAH! We got the right answer!!!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Mom's brain is not working. We kept telling her the answer but she could not see it!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Yee Haw we got this one! First one is about the last 3 or 4! Maybe its a sign it will be a good week!

Meghann said...

Very clever Daisy, and that is exactly why I gave you this award :)
http://meglittlestudio.blogspot.com/

Katya said...

I got it right! yay me. :)

The Meezers or Billy said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! we gotted it right!!!!!!

Meowers from Missouri said...

poot. we answered too quick. we lost. both the quiz AND the race!

The Furry Kids said...

We gotted this one right! That Mama is a quick one. hee hee

Happy Monday!
Love,
Tazo

brokenteepee said...

I got it right! I am a smart goat. I really liked the picture of you today. You look so very sweet.

Thank you for asking my first Goatucation question!

Anonymous said...

Yup, yup I got it right. That was a clever puzzle

Your Daily Cute said...

Yay! I got it right! Good one, Daisy.

Reese =^..^= said...

You are so smart.

Shilgiah the Cat said...

YaY! We figured that one out.

Anonymous said...

Ariel....Yay we got it.What mom???
Okay mom got it I guess she isn't so dumb after all.

Mom....What did you say!!!

Ariel...Ummm Is that gum on the wall?

Mom...What I don't see anything.

Ariel...."Sigh"

Anonymous said...

Oh Daisy I thinked the anser wuz "the finish line"! This wuz too trikky fer me!

Yer pal Dozer

Oscar said...

I found it out, I used a calculator, he came SECOND, oh, seems others were quicker... Oscar

Mo and The Purries said...

I actually figured out one of your Monday Mysteries all on my own, Daisy!
:)

Max said...

Finally, I get one right!

Liss said...

That was a good one Daisy.

The Creek Cats said...

Hi Daisy! Sorry to hear you are ignoring your honeysuckle squirrel. Mom dampened our mousie in water and then put it in the microwave for about 5 seconds to bring out the aroma.
Hopefully you will start enjoying yours very soon!! We love ours!

Tybalt said...

I'm embarrassed to say that I was tricked and said first. . . good one, Daisy!

Amy & the house of cats said...

Yay, I got that one right - of course I had heard the same one a few days ago somewhere, so maybe that is why! Good one today though!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Wow!! We finally got one!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Dat one was purrty easy fur our mom...dad on da other hand wanted to be first. Mom told him to just pass up da runner in first place den.

Donna said...

Wow. That was fun! I got it right. :)

Pinky Ash and Boo said...

That one was clever, we got it figured out though. Thanks for the riddle Daisy.

Christine and FAZ said...

I got it right and I'm not that bright,
So here's a rhyme to pass the time,
Roses are red and violets are blue,
Daisy is clever and Harley is too.

Purrs
FAZ

Black Cat said...

I got it right too! I love your reenactment :) xxx

Hansel said...

Daisy! you're so smart! we love you!

Anonymous said...

You got us again! We guessed that it was first place!

Anonymous said...

I was right! Momma says I am too smart for my own good!

Luv,
Marko Meowii

Sassy Kat said...

I got this one! I am getting better at figuring out the riddles. Thanks for doing them, they are fun.
Glad you stopped over today, always nice to see you. Remember Sasfusious is always near.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Just think was pawsition woo would have finished in had I been there to help get your khytty butt moving?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Maureen said...

Aw, darn... I got it wrong!!! Gah! Well done.

Motor Home Cats said...

Yea, we got it right. We like brain teasers like that.

Tavi, Cody, Camie, Miss Jade and Gracie

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh Daisy
You are ever so clever!
purrs
Abby

The Fitness Diva said...

Second! duhhhhh..... ;)

Mouchois said...

Yay! I got this one!
FinallyYyy!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh! i didn't get it right honey. i am tired. and dumb! ha ha

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

The Devil Dog said...

Ha ha ha, that was fun. Tricky, but fun.

Roxy

Maria said...

Yay I hardly ever get your riddles right and this time I did :)

Lorenza said...

I got this one!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

haha I thinks if momma was more tired she would have gotten this one wrong.. you is very sassy Miss Daisy :)))
ps: you guys look good racing :)
V-V

Buckwheat Snapp said...

IR smart!!I guessed it!

Willie

SophieKitty said...

That was a good one, Daisy. I actually got it. Score!

The Kitty Krew said...

Yay, we knew this answer!! You're so clever, Daisy!

Purrs and hugs,
The Kitty Krew
Bugsy, Sassy, Callie, Roxy, and Pixie, and Their Mommy

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

YAY! We got it right!

Debbie said...

Good clues, I got this one.

Sweet Purrfections said...

I'm a little late, but I got this one right! Mom used to give these type of questions to her math students all of the time.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

har! i get it!
luv--jh

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello daisy its dennis the vizsla dog hay oooh oooh can i yooze the magnifying glass to set stuf on fire??? i no it duznt anser yore kwestchun but it mite be fun!!! ok bye

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Yay, we figured 2nd!

Amber-Mae said...

2nd place ofcourse!!!! That's an easy one. I love Monday Mystery!

Smoochies,
Solid Gold "Actress"

business said...

the blurred runners racing toward the finish line is fabulous!

Unknown said...

Hooray! I got the right answer. (And I'm not even good at math!)

Your pal,

Petey

Skeezix the Cat said...

I got it rite! And abowt time. Cuz I've bin on a loozing streek.

Related Posts with Thumbnails