Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Catnip Haiku

I love the catnip! So, today I wrote a haiku about catnip. I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to write your own haiku in the comments!
Green Flakes
Catnip in my furs
Fills my head with crazy dreams
Green flakes of magic


ps: The Animal Rescue Site is having a "Cutest Cat" contest. The winner gets a $250 gift certificate to their store. If we win, we could buy TWELVE "Help Spay or Neuter a Cat" certificates. You can vote once per day, through Sunday.

<--- If you click on Harley's photo, it will take you to his voting page. Please vote, or enter your own photo!

Share/Bookmark

76 Notes for Daisy:

Jemma Chihuahua said...

Daisy, catnip sure is like magic! I love catnip, too. I like eating them and then rolling around for more.

Tofu

Anonymous said...

Awwwe Daisy how sweet! Love the Haiku.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

You're a poet, Daisy! And very much in a world of your own in that photo.....

Anonymous said...

crazy for catnip
faithful "feel good" pheromone
-cat's worst-kept secret

Milo and Alfie said...

We're gonna vote for Harley 'cos he is SO cute! Also what a marvelous way to use the gift certificate if yoo win!

Milo and Alfie said...

We're so sorry ~ we tried to vote but we don't use Facebook so it wouldn't let us 'cos we didn't have a password.


PS: We love the Haiku. Ours is:

Sunshine beams
Warm on our furs
Makes us feel cosy
Invisible rays of happiness

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We just went and voted for Harley. We didn't have a Facebook account so mum opened one specially for us. We are called 'you' at the moment but mum said she will try and get our names on it and put our photo up when she has more time.

Zoe and Indy said...

You are such a good poet Daisy!

Ok, here is our haiku we made up to share with you. It really captures the mood around here at the moment. It is called:

"Why the heck do you expect us to wait until 8:00 for breakfast!?"

It's not too early
We don't know how to tell time
Tummies are rumbly!

Skeezix the Cat said...

TUMMY SHOT TUMMY SHOT TUMMY SHOT!!!! OMC, I'm hyperveniltating!

Me and the FL are both voting fur Harley even tho he is a blog hog. Wich is appropriut if he's riding a Harley.

Pretty pink tummy
Makes me git the googly eyes.
I'm gitting urjes.

Parker said...

That was a most excellent Haiku for the 'nip!

Anya said...

I love also catnip
it makes me in a crazy mood
when I smell it ;)

Kareltje =^.^=

Poppy Q said...

Miss D, good to see you enjoying the green stuff.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Harley is cute as a bug.
and will play on a rug.
and for nip will give you a hug.

We are silly kitties. We voted for Harley and entered Scylla.

Mary said...

Did you know that catnip can help humans sleep too! Cool!

The Island Cats said...

What a great haiku! Anything about catnip is great!

Hansel said...

oh daisy, what a lovely haiku! we are so proud.

:)

and harley, you'll win for sure!

JD at I Do Things said...

Gus's Haiku:
All week I wait for
Catnip Saturday Night - YAY!
It makes me feisty


Pru's Haiku:
I don't get the 'nip
It tastes just like dusty leaves
Then Gus bites me hard

The Florida Furkids said...

We're going to vote for Harley right now! We hope you win.

That's a lot of nip!!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkid

The Monkeys said...

Great haiku! We're not as poetic as you, Daisy so all we can come up with is purrs (and a little drool).

We made our Mom vote for Harley! It wasn't hard because she thinks Harley is so cute!

Forever Foster said...

You are very kind
To think of kitties in need
Should you win the prize!

Hahaha we wont tell you how long we spent on that... :)

Anonymous said...

I'll have to try catn ip. Does it werk on hoomans?

I voteded fur Harley. He's so kyoot in that outfit!

Mishkat said...

We love the haiku - and we are very impressed with how many people wrote haikus in the comments.

P.S. We can't vote for Harley because our mom won't let us have a Facebook page (party pooper!), but we hope he wins! We love the Animal Rescue Site.

Donna said...

I voteded! I hopes u win. It's a awesum cause. :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, we love catnip too! Your Haiku was very good Daisy!

We also voted for Harley!

CCL Wendy said...

Daisy, you are so talented -- what can't you do? You are definitely one sophistiCATed ladycat!

And I have submitted a vote for Harley -- that is one funtastic photo of him in his Harley outfit!

Mr. Grumpster Wilfred III said...

i love your squishy belly in this picture. i like catnip too! i will get my mom to go vote for you!

Dma said...

excellent haiku
it looks like you really love
rolling in catnip

Split Rock Ranch said...

We entered the contest too! We cannot vote for our own entry so we are voting for Harley!!!

arbed and edgar said...

Nipping and napping
It is a cat's life for sure
Now I am jealous

I love your haiku, Daisy. And Skeezix's comment and haiku had me giggling (quietly though, since I'm at work).

Anonymous said...

Catnip is the BEST!!! It's like a Magic Carpet Ride!!! BTW...Mom voted for Harley! He should win, especiialy while donning an outfit like that! Mom LOVES Harleys!!! :o)

Luzinha said...

I just voted!

so adorable your pic, dear Harley! and you too, on catnip, Daisy! tell your mommie that she is so nice in this pic!

have a great day!

kisses for you all!

SeaThreePeeO said...

We's got mums to vote for Harley. How coulds Harley not wins da cute cat comp?

Great Haiku, but we's sufferin writers blocks

Anonymous said...

That is one of your great photos Harley, I'm not sure about the Haiku tho

las794 said...

My kitty is sweet
But she gets paranoid enough
Without the catnip.

Actually, Minnie barely reacts to catnip--poor thing! She misses out on so much catly fun!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

catnip is fun here
in my little catnip world
now i am googly

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Kitty McCormack said...

Oh Daisy, we love the haiku on the catnip and Mummy has been voting for handsome Harley! :)

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We love cat nit too. That is a cute picture of you. WE voted for Harley. Mom never quite grasped the Haiku eons ago in school, so won't try!

Secondary Roads said...

Wonderful haiku. Great cat.
Catnip loves kitty,
And kitty loves her catnip,
Love sent from heaven.
-- Chuck

brokenteepee said...

Harley! I voted
For you are the cutest cat.
And compassioncat!

I posted it to my Facebook page too!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

What a good haiku for catnip! I am not much of a poet so I could never add haiku to your comments...

Amy & the house of cats said...

Oh that is a great haiku! I am not good at writing them so I won't be posting one.

That is a great Harley photo - we went to vote for him!

The Creek Cats said...

Pawsome haiku!!! We voted too!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

You are so talent Daisy~!
I am so proud of you!

Lin said...

Uh oh, that catnip makes one a little goofy!

L. Alida said...

Oh Daisy, that is one of the sweetest Haikus I have ever read!
I have missed you and Harley so much while my internet was deaded! We are hoping it is finally properly fixed now. I have friends to visit and cute kitties to vote for! :)
I hope you are having a happy day!
Hugs,
Lorianna

The Furry Kids said...

Awesome haiku!

Reese =^..^= said...

What a wonderful haiku. I am on my way to vote for Harley.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

That is a lot of catnip you are rolling in Daisy! And that is a cute Haiku.

We tried to vote for Harley but it doesn't take me to his page.

jenianddean said...

Lovely green catnip
Cute Daisy the Curly Cat
Fills my day with glee.
--Jasper

Puglette said...

happy cat nip girl,
daisy tells harley "it's mine!"
cat nip is sublime.

hugs,
puglette
:o)

Max said...

That was most excellent haiku! And I will go vote for Harley right now. Even though I miss my fun parts, it would be awesome to help other kitties lost theirs.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Isn't that stuff a khontrolled substance yet?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Misha said...

I can see your primordial pouch in that shot!

We voted!

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

I had a hard day
I can't think of a haiku
So just "I love you!"

Mouchois said...

Of course I voted for Harley in the pet contest! Good luck!

And geez, Daisy. Looks like you are one spoiled baby with all that catnip all over! Well deserved spoiling, that is.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

daisy iz pretty
alwayz makez me laff an laff
she iz wunnerful.
by yer frend--jh

How Amy and Amber lost 80 lbs and their virginity! said...

hey daisy, you look sassy enough to roll with us, what do you say? we're new to blogger, be our friend?

Unknown said...

loving the haiku Go Harley Tou are the Mancat sandy

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful haiku. Makes me want some catnip now.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy
Can I join you?

purrs
Abby

Sweet Purrfections said...

I love your haiku and I love catnip!

I'm on the way over to vote for Harley.

Mickey's Musings said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Catnip!!!!
Your Haiku is pretty good too :)
But we have to say we LOVED Skeezix's!! hahahahahahahahahahaha
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

Oh yeah, we voted for Harley :)

The Purrfect 6 said...

We maded our Mommy hoomin go and voat for Harley.

And we love the 'nip, too.

Lorenza said...

Good luck, Harley!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Quill and Greyson said...

Wow, that's a lot of nip! Good luck Harley!

The Kitty Krew said...

Ohhh, that's a lovely haiku! We're creatively challenged, we don't think we could come up with one.

We'll go vote for Harley!

And thanks so much to you and Harley for your purrs and good thoughts for our Bugsy on his surgery today, as you know all went well and he'll be home tomorrow! We appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Big purrs and hugs,
The Kitty Krew and The Mommy

SophieKitty said...

Your haiku is a fitting tribute to nip.

And Harley, I voted for you.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Harley! And Daisy, a paen to 'nip is the kind of poetry we like!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Daisy loves the nip
Makes her forget her brother
Ahh nip is pure bliss

Black Cat said...

Must-Write-Down-the-Haiku-Rules!

Anyhoo, I've voted for Harley
Coz he is so cute
But I've also entered Alfie
As he is a beaut!

A not-Haiku pome by BC (duhr)! :) xxx

Cory said...

I've never tried to write Haiki! We love yours, but probably not as much as you loved rolling in all that nip!

Bae Bae said...

Oh.... you sure love your catnips.

~ Bae

The Oceanside Animals said...

Oh, dear, now you can expect a visit from the DEA ...

Nicole Weeverink said...

When Prince returned home his girlfriend was pissed at the paltry amount of cash he brought with him (exactly how much cash he thought he would get from a damned pizza place I don't know...) so he told her he had been robbed. The girlfriend told him he needed to call the police and report the robbery. Not knowing how to get out of his web of lies he did just that.

Modelagentur Greens said...

I just spent an hour of my precious time getting caught up with blogs of celebrities. I knew this was bad subscribing to their blogs using my Reader. I could have finished all online tasks by that time. Anyhow, I chanced upon a celebrity blog who was very vocal with her owned jewelry.

Theresa111 said...

If I gave my kitties half this much catnip, I would have a small war zone on my hands. Isn't this like an overdoze? Snoozing can be heard from Daisy's small frame. Love, Theresa111

Related Posts with Thumbnails