Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Mystery: Figure out the Phrase!

We have not done this for a while! For today's Monday Mystery, you must figure out the phrase, below.
Are you ready? Here it is:
Are you scratching your head on this one?
If you want, here are some clues:
  • It helps to read the phrase out loud
  • It is a famous saying
  • It has cats in it
  • BIG hint: A famous play by Tennessee Williams has some of these words in the title

Share/Bookmark

77 Notes for Daisy:

Sara Katt said...

"A Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" is the name of Williams' play. But this seem to be about a cake? Is it a cake on a hot roof?? Is it melting?
Meow,
Sara Cat

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Hmmmmmmm... It's not good when commenters give things away......... We've sort of figured it out.... Sort of...

Freya's Staff said...

I got it!! I don't really like puzzles usually, but I love these word puzzles that you do Daisy! You'd think that with different accents it might not work, but it does!

Teddy Westlife said...

Hey I got it for once!

Huffle Mawson

Misha said...

Did someone say cake?!

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

We figgered it out! We figgered it out!!! Wow...we must be real smarts! That was a tough one, Daisy!

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers and Purrs Gang

Alex the Blogging Kat said...

I getz itz! {MY hoomin bean helpeded ME).

The Whiskeratti said...

Cake?? Where's the cake? We want some!!!

Anonymous said...

Cake? *thud*

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Well we knows it has something to do with Cats on a Hot Tin Roof. Mommy likes that play. ~S,S,C & F

Poppy Q said...

We likes our cakes cold, out of the fridge.

Smooches

The Florida Furkids said...

Would that be a Nip Cake??????


Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We got it when we said it out loud.

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Where the cake?
Warm mouse cakes???
I can bake some up fur us all... it's mine specshulty.
Love & Purrs,
KC

The Creek Cats said...

That was a toughie! We got it after reading the hints, though. Good one!

i beati said...

got it but I was terribly excited by your big eyes and the word cake. Darlin played with me..sandy

Forever Foster said...

We wouldn't have guessed it if not for your clues. That was a good one:)

The Meezers or Billy said...

we was 'afused.

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Nope. We don't gets it. We haf to come back later when mom wakes up some more.

Cory said...

I think I got it, but there wasn't an "easy" button to push to check my answer!

Anonymous said...

Cake! We are having a Tennesse Williams festival in Provincetown this week on account he spent some summers here in the 40's. I doubt there will be extra or cakebussed in for the event.

Anonymous said...

We thinks we got it! Momma likes that play too.

Donna said...

Wow, dat was tough. I almost had to ask my hooman friend to get the word thing off the bookshelf.

Dma said...

i wouldn't have gotten it without the tennessee williams hint...

CCL Wendy said...

Like a cat on a hot tin roof! Yes!!!

Anonymous said...

Where's the answer? I don't get it but I must say I thought your pics were delightful.

JD at I Do Things said...

That was indeed a head-scratcher, and I wouldn't have gotten it without the Tennessee Williams clue. Good one, Daisy!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

good one daisy! it took me a while though!!! i think the "cake" got me for a while! ha ha ha

smiles, auntie bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

I had no idea. Very good!

SeaThreePeeO said...

Mum bean only got it when she read it aloud!

Milo and Alfie said...

WE got it! Mom hadta to repeat out loud several times first!

Mr. Grumpster Wilfred III said...

me and mom couldnt figure it out because she has a headache but we liked seeing your big eyes!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I think we may have gotten it. Can I eat the cake now?

Reese =^..^= said...

I got it! I got it! That was fun.

Sweet Purrfections said...

All I can figure out is the cake. I'll come back later for the solution.

The Kitty Krew said...

Did someone say cake? :D

(We gotted it! But only after the hints...)

Purrs and hugs,
The Kitty Krew

Chrissie said...

I got it! It's a merkle!

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Mom sounded real funny saying it out loud. Not sure if she got it, but we did!
~ Gracie

Lidian said...

Cat On A Hot Tin Roof!

That was fun Daisy, thank you!

We prefer a cool soft sofa, though. We are just going to go take our late-morning nap on the nearest one, now that we've done our hard thinking work for the morning! :)

Asha and Katia
(dictated to our mom Lidian)

Split Rock Ranch said...

Got it! I wish we had a hot tin roof here today. Its the last day of summer and it is SNOWING!!

Amy & the house of cats said...

Ok, so I figures out "like a cat on a hot tin roof" but honestly now I can only think about cake! Luckily it is lunch time here - I think I will pick up a piece while I am out!

Janet said...

lol Got it! Daisy, you are a very smart cookie!

Anonymous said...

That sure was hard Daisy. Took mom lots of minutes staring at it, reading it out loud. Her co-worker thinks she's NUTZ!

Sarge Charlie said...

ha ha i got it "cat on a hot tin roof"

Anonymous said...

Whew Daisy that wun wuz hard! I had to reed the hints and of corse being a dawg I dont know nuthing bout Tennesee Williams so my Mummy had to halp me!! But that wuz a good wun!

Yer pal Dozer

Get YOur Cute On said...

You had me at Cake.

Skeezix the Cat said...

I GOT IT! The FL is always referring to her neeces and nefyooz as "no-neck monsters."

The Furry Kids said...

Mmmmm cake.

Your pal,
Titus

Max said...

I got it but the last word tripped me up cause I was pronouncing it like it's spelled. And now I want cake.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

We think we got it after your hints, but we aren't certain.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What was used fur the marinade?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Mickey's Musings said...

Heeheehee!! The BIG hint confirmed it for us!! Mom loves that movie!!!
She says Paul Newman was great ;)
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Good one Daisy!

brokenteepee said...

The publicist just took a cake out of the oven...does that count for anything?

Debbie said...

This was a hard one, I only got it after reading the clues. Thanks for the challenge Daisy!

Jackie said...

Oh the Tennessee Williams gave it to me right away!!

I absolutely love all of his super melodramas!!

Cat On A Hot Tin Roof, Elizabeth Taylor, Paul Newman, and Burl Ives as Bid daddy!!

Good one Daisy. I love that movie. oh dear I am rushed. I had problems over the weekend and now it's thundering here!!

But, I have hummingbirds today Daisy!!

Meowww,
Jackie, Rascal, Puma and MiolliPop!!:-)

BumbleVee said...

yup ....got it...... good one.....

The Island Cats said...

We sort of got it...but we're late and everybuddy else helped us out...

Meghann said...

I got to cake and that was it for us - Now we're hungry! See you tomorrow :)

Jen said...

STELLLAAAAA!!!! I know that's wrong.

Unknown said...

Oh Daisy - my human is saying aloud again and again but we're totally stumped!!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Kathy said...

Daisy, I didn't get this one. Not even close. I think it's because my math post gave my brain a boo-boo.

Hey, guess what?! I created a Google Calendar for your web cam and invited my friends who need little reminders when the cam will be live. So I filled the calendar with all your cam dates and we will get an email reminder 10 minutes in advance so we can be ready to watch!

VetTech said...

STELLA?!!!

Lorenza said...

Clueless! Haaaa!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

SophieKitty said...

I didn't get it. I guess I didn't think as hard as you.

Mr. Hendrix said...

Like a cat on a hot tin roof? Mommy loves the movie "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. I think Elizabeth Taylor is beautiful, but not as pretty as my Brandi! Maybe I can get Joel to call me "Big Daddy"

BeadedTail said...

We figured it out but now we want cake!

James | Postcard Printing said...

I don't really get it at fist and then when I check out the comments, ah okay there you go.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello daisy its dennis the vizsla dog oh hay yessss kayk!!! theres kayk??? ware is the kayk??? is it liver kayk??? mmmmmm liver kayk ok bye

Cheyenne -Millie said...

We can't figures it out! Mom is too hot and tireds! And needs some sleeps!

Liss said...

I got it, how fun!

Quill and Greyson said...

I got it!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I am confusing here as well~!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

like a cat onna hot tin roof.
i'm number 74 ... how many udderz knew dat one?
harharhar!

writer said...

I have a green idea about the message. I do not want to write here for i might censored.

Maureen said...

Hah! Good one... I needed the hints though, 'cause we pronounce the last word a bit differently!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We went down the "cake" path too. But when we saw "Williams", it clicked right away!

That was a tough one. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails