Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hairdo? Hairdon't!

My Mommeh does not normally like to show pictures of herself, but today I must insist. I am very lucky because I have naturally curly furs. But my Mommeh, she has stick-straight hair. Actually, even a stick has more body than my Mommeh's hair. Let us look. This should be funny!
Here is the hair she was borned with. Straight and wispy! Poor little Mommeh. I think the barrette was a good try here.
Sadly, she went through the 80's "big hair" phase. I think it might have been the 80's "short pants" phase, too.
This is at a party only a few years ago. Waaaaay too long, Mommeh! Um, and what are you drinking there? (In case you were wondering, the blurry-headed man is my Daddeh).
The long hair apparently led to some hair-peeled-back mugshot moments. I had mercy on my Mommeh and gave this photo a little blur.
Here, Mommeh. I will go to Taaz and give you some cute virtual hair. That is a little better. I do not know why you cannot make your hairs look like that in real life.
This is how she has been wearing her hairs for the past few years. But I have some scairty news for you...
Her hair is starting to get long again...... AAAAaaaahhhhhhh!

Share/Bookmark

88 Notes for Daisy:

gemmak said...

I think you mommeh's hairs are beautiful just as they are Daisy, they maybe not quiteas beautiful as your curly furs but almost! :o)

i beati said...

Curly Furs you are saying she is a bit jealous of your curly locks. I just got the owrst haircut in history and I paid for it hahaahah

Anonymous said...

Daisy Darling, I also have very straight, very fine hair, but not blonde. I also have about 6 completely stubborn cowlicks, but not as many as one of my sisters (poor thing). To further add insult to injury, 2 weeks ago I went to a new hairdresser who gave me THE worst haircut ever!

Misha said...

My Mummy has long hair. I lime to run my claws through it!

Poppy Q said...

Oh Daisy, your laughing is hilarious!! Your mom is very pretty, however she wears her hair.

The WriggleButts said...

Sounds like you're describing Mom's hair - it's as thin and straight as it goes. Teee hee.. I'm glad she keeps it a little long, though, as it's good play material!

Purrs,
v

Forever Foster said...

Our mum's hair is also getting long again. She got too hot in Townsville and cut it all off 18 months ago, which lead to many discussions about whether she looked like a boy. Dad is much easier- he just gets his number 2 and we don't have to hear any more about it!

Forever Foster said...

And by the way, we think that big hair or small hair, your Mommeh is pretty:)

Angel Simba said...

When my Mom's hair starts to get even a little long, it gets a "mind of its own" and curly, but the wrong way.

Daisy, we can see your tonsils!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We think your mum has got pretty hair. Our mum's is the opposite, it is very thick and wavy and drives her nuts. Until she broke her leg and kept getting it caught in her crutches, it came down to her waist and took 5 or 6 hours to dry because she likes it to dry naturally. It only takes 2 hours now unless it is nice and sunny.

Kathy said...

Daisy, we are sisters of the curly hair, but I bet you wish like I do sometimes that we had straight hair, right? Be honest.

I think your Mommeh's hair is so pretty. And it's blonde, so that means she had a lot of fun! Even in her shorty pants.

Freya's Staff said...

your mouth in the first picture looked really strange! I had to biggify it to work out what was going on!

Your mommeh is lovely. Tell her not to cut her hair. Evah.

Kathy said...

Oh! And p.s., I saw on Facebook that your Mommeh is going ahead with a 2010 calendar. This makes me very happy! I will have a good year if I can see you and Harley in your fashions and funny pictures over my desk. Thank you!

The Florida Furkids said...

Our Mom has curly hairs (not as curly as yours) and has always wanted long straight hair....think they could trade???



Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Our mom got lucky and her hair is a little bit wavy...as long as she doesn't let it get too long, den it just kinda hangs der. She use to haf very thick head furs but she sez dat da mentalpaws is makeing it fall out and get thin. Also it is turning a purrty silver color in places. Oh, gess we were not suppose to say dat...

Ann said...

I'm just like your mom Daisy, Very straight hair. I'm assuming by the final picture that you don't want your mom to grow her hair long again....lol I think the short hair style looks great

Raymond and Busby said...

Daisy, you crack us up! We thought you were going to give your Mommeh virtual Devon Rex hair.

Purrs, Busby and Ray

Hitesh Rawat said...

mommeh hair's doing great i think.......nice she let you share her pics.....i have kind of never seen her pics.....

woo hoo mommeh...\,,,/

One Cats Nip said...

Aw Daisy we all can't be a lovely devon rex! I don't think anyone is happy with how their hair is naturally...like mine is wavy, curly when I wake up in the morning....curls all over...but only in the bottom half its quite strange. Though your moms hair is quite lovely, straight hair is very popular, just think of all those ladies spending an hour or two to get hair like hers every morning. Oh and I love your moms 80's pants, I remember my sister used to wear those to show off her scrunchie type socks.

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

My mom likes your mom's hair. that is just the type that she has too. I have some really terrible, I mean photos of her as a little girl. Did your poor mom ever get caught by her mom and have one of those frizzie perms? Too horrible to even think about. My mom has a cut similar to the last one your mom has. Just support your mom, she looks great with any kind of hair.
Remember frizzie, fluffy, or straight those kinds of hair are better than no hair at all.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We actually liked your Mom with long hair. Our Mommy just went back to short layered hair. She says it dries faster in the winter. And our Mommy went through the same big hair short pants phase. ~S,S,C & F

Anonymous said...

This is Lucy's Mommeh. Daisy, your mommeh's hairs might be straight, but she still has a LOT of it, unlike me!

Marg Elmendorf said...

Daisy that is the best picture of you and your Mommeh. You both look very pretty. And Daisy your gums are looking good. Glad you showed off your Mommeh

Parker said...

She is pretty in all of the photos!
ps - I hope Parker gets adopted!

arbed and edgar said...

Daisy, you and your Mommeh are both lovely with your hair's individuality. I think Edgar is trying to tell me something when paws my curly, messy hair. I'm just not sure what it is. Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

Dear Miss Daisy,

We enjoyed pictures of your Mommy and we don't think her hair looks too bad. Our Momma's hair used to always look like she stuck her finger in a light socket on a windy day. Now she keeps it cut very, very short (think Jaimie Lee Curtis) and at least it looks neat...and almost like furs....

The Island Cats said...

Daisy, our mom says she sympathizes with your mommeh...our mom has fine thin hair too...but hers has a little wave in it that she tries to make straight...she wears her hair real short all the time though...

Our dad says your mommeh is lucky to have hair...'cuz he's losing his! ;-)

JD at I Do Things said...

Your Mommeh is beautiful even without being blurred!

I have grown my hair too long, too. It's not flattering to my face. But I'm too lazy to get it cut. Maybe I'll just do the online makeover thing when I need a change.

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing your mommeh's hair through the years...sheesh, her hair looked like mine in the 80's. (Don't worry, Mommeh, the 80's really didn't happen!)

RJ Flamingo said...

I think you should give your mommeh a break about her hair, Daisy. Not everyone can have have your gorgeous, naturally curly fur! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey we know your Daddy, we see him all over the inner-nets! It's great he has picked up some modeling gigs. Our Mommy is laid off too for a little while.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Our Mom has that fine fly away hair, too. SHe wears it very short so she does not have to mess with it! You have a pretty Mommy. Our mom won't let us pot her picture on our site, wither

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i love mommeh's hairs in the last one, she should keep that hairdo!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

The Whiskeratti said...

Daisy, we thinks that your Mom is lucky to have you as her fashion and stylist adviser.

ZOOLATRY said...

Curly or straight,
short or long,
thick or thin,
whatever is better
than no hairs at all
cause she'd get a sunburnt head!

Scrooge said...

She getted a new haircut 2 times.

The first one She doesn't like so She payed for a nother try at a nother place and that one gets it righter.

I is glad mine hair is just perfect without any haircutting. I doesn't think I would likes to get mine furs cutted. I KNOW I hates to get mine nails cutted. That is skerry!

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Daisy, we think beans are never satisfied, cause my Mom would love to have straight hair.
Happy Saturday!!
~ The Bunch

CCL Wendy said...

You have a very beautiful mommy, Daisy - no matter how long or short her hair might be. You must accentuate the pawsitive, dear Daisy! You're lucky to have such a wonderful mum, and so good-looking, too!

Donna said...

Wow. I would like to go to the haircut place for people next time. They have nice haircuts, better than the one in the groomer shop.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the photos very much - a very good looking family...

Dma said...

since u r in florida maybe your mom should do what i do when it gets hot... shave her head.

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

We cats are lucky to all be born with nice furs, though some are nicer than others. Guess it's the same way with humans. Our mewmie says she looks like a Schnauzer now, HaHaMeow

Lin said...

Do I notice some barrette jealously here, Daisy????

Leigh-Ann said...

Daisy, I'm impressed at the way your Daddeh lives his life to the fullest despite suffering from pixelated head syndrome. PHS is a real tragedy that only seems to strike families who own Photoshop. If you ever want to do a fundraiser to buy your Daddeh a sharpen filter, count me in.

Milo and Alfie said...

We think your mom would be darn cute wiv or wivout hair!

Sweet Purrfections said...

I think my mom's hair is going through the same phases. Her hair is longer now than it has ever been and straighter than every!

Cindy said...

Mommy's hair is fine! You shouldn't laugh at mommy. Sure she doesn't look like you, but she is fine
cindy

Two French Bulldogs said...

Daisy your tonsils are little. Anyway..which hairs we like...when momma was booked into jail, the mug shot, we like that. But we vote for now..momma has pretty hairs.
Have a hair stylin day
Benny & Lily

BumbleVee said...

I've been boycotting hairdressers for two years ...got tired of the high prices that in general seemed to be served with attitude.... so mine is getting long.. perfect for a quick ponytail or up in a barrette. ..good enough for me... I'm sending $100 to my favourite donkey shelter instead this month.............

Chrissie said...

My mom has hairs a lot like your mommeh, Miss Daisy. She had BEEEEG hair, too, in the '80's..'cause she had a PERM. She doesn't perm anymore, but she does COLOR. She says there's grey hairs to be covered. I think she's silly.

Chrissie said...

OH! And I MISSED you, too!

Cory said...

My mom thought that was awesome- kind of a walk down memory lane with your mommy! My mom has curly hair, but not as cute as your curly furs Daisy.

brokenteepee said...

Tell your mommeh that she is beautiful no matter how long or short her hair may be.

Farm kitten Sherpa likes to play with the publicist's long hair. Maybe you could do that with your mommeh's

WATERBABY CHRISTINE said...

Yes, human beans do have to suffer with their furs. And I am also sorry about your daddeh having the blurhead problem. I guess that's why we don't see much of him here. But I know he's a very good daddeh to you all, and that's what's important.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

So what do you think is going to happen, Daisy? Is that last picture an expression of your worst fears come true?

Split Rock Ranch said...

I love it shorter! Probably easier to take care of, too. The only bad thing about short hair is you have to get it cut more often!

Anonymous said...

SHE LOOKS
GREAT!!!!!! WITH LONG HAIR!
Definitely best with long hair. LONG HAIR BEBBEH!

The Oceanside Animals said...

You're very lucky, Daisy, you've got that no-maintenance thing going on! Most humans are not so fortunate!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

My person has very long hair and it is pretty straight. I find it fun to attack when she bends over...

CCL Wendy said...

Just for you Daisy, I just posted a side-by-side of Dante and Domino on the 3-Ds Cats blog. Go back and take a look!

Nomi said...

Your mommy looks like a very nice lady, irrespective of what style of hair she has. My miewmie says she and her hair lead separate lives, ha ha.

Unknown said...

You are sooo funny. I love this site!! Don't worry about Mommeh's hair Daisy...she still the best Mommeh in the world and it shows

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

My mom likes the style from the last pikh!

If only she wanted to do more than just khomb her hair as it dried, she might go fur it but she's way way way way too lazy!

My mom's furs are that same baby fine straight stikhk stuff too!

So, what's next fur your mommeh?

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Sara Katt said...

Oh Daisy,
Your Mommeh is really pretty no matter how her hair looks!
I wish I could get my Mommie to let me post a photo of her on my bloggie but she flatly refuses! Could it be her very, very, straight hair?
Anyway thank you for visiting Anna's blog's post about my Mommie's Daddy. I never got to meet him. But everyone tells me he was a sweet person.
Purrs
Sara Katt

Shaggy and Scout said...

Our moms hair is just the same Daisy.
She hates her hair right now and doesn't know what to do with it.

The Fitness Diva said...

You stop picking on your mommie and her hair right now, Daisy!! ;)

All hair is beautiful!! :D

Speedcat Hollydale said...

LOVE it! Your hairs is very nice

I have to admit, I am still just a "little" stuck in the 80's ... your 80's look is HOT

Hello from Speedycat 2 Daisy and Moms :-)

Buggys said...

So much fun to look back at those big hair years, yes, I too lived through it.

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Aww, Daisy... the humans are not as luck as we are in the hair department.

Our mummy also has fine, blonde hair - but it isn't totally straight or noticably curly - somewhere in the middle. She loves the invention of the GHD.

Melinda said...

Daisy, you should be nice. Your mommie has lovely hair. Now stop being so catty...Oh, sorry.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, Daisy, will your mom be upset with you telling her secrets?

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

mi mom sez yer mom haz grate hare.
da end.
an daisy ... u make me laff an laff.
alwayz.
luv--jh

Mango the Maltese kiddo said...

Now I know where did you get your beauty from!
I vote for your Mom's short hair, she looks pretty and energetic in her cute short hair!
Love ya!

Maureen said...

Oh Mommeh, all your Do's were/are terrific! Luv the photos!

Lucky Daisy to have curly hair; you don't have to do a thing to it (but lick it!)

Noll's Nip said...

Daisy, no matter what the subject, you are always a hoot ;)

P.S. Your mom's 80's hair was da bomb! Does anyone else remember that "freeze" hairspray?

Mickey's Musings said...

Daisy,our Moms are always fussing with hair!!! When it's long they want it short. When it's straight,they want it curly!!! Mom has long hair and she wants to cut it a bit shorter :o
She aaalso had "big hair" in the 80's,heehee That must have been a sight ;)
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

BeadedTail said...

We think your mommeh looks pretty with any type of hairdo - well, we're glad she's not sporting her 80s hair anymore though!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Your Mommie has beautifuls hairs! So, what's up with your Daddy's face? Does it always look like that? teeheehee!

Dwacon said...

Hair? What's that?

I'm in the sunshine club!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Daisy!
Sure your mom has hard time with her hair!
Today my mom went to her groomer again and she loves now to have short hair. After her shower, she shakes her head and thats it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

GLOGIRLY said...

Daisy I can see where you get your good looks. Your mommeh is beautiful, no matter what hair she has! And you my dear are a beautiful curly cat.

...love your outfit, Daisy!

Glogirly & Katie

Lisa + current cat said...

You & your mommie look so pretty posing together. Not everyone is so lucky to have such nice curly hairs as yours.

Karen Jo said...

I think your Mom's hair looks good. Mine is fine and mostly straight. I do have a little wave at the back of my neck. It used to be thick, but my hypothyroidism is thinning it out. I kind of like it because it dries much faster now.

Anonymous said...

Oh Daisy. We cats can be happy that we have fur and not hair. Hair seems to be something very strange. Perhaps you could sneak up to your mum at night and do some 'renovating' with it? I bet that would be a nice surprise to her when she wakes up. ;)

Andre Stegplatten said...

I don't think anyone is happy with how their hair is naturally...like mine is wavy, curly when I wake up in the morning....curls all over...but only in the bottom half its quite strange.

Quill and Greyson said...

Something else we have in common... Mom's hair is a situation.

jude8753 said...

This was hilarious with Daisy doing the narrating, loved the photos.

Francesca said...

Daisy, please tell your Mommeh that the 80s are back in a BIG way. Rock the volume!

Related Posts with Thumbnails