Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday Mystery: Solve the Word Phrase

Today is your lucky day! Because I just realized that we have not done a word phrase puzzle in a while. Are you ready?
Here is the phrase. Can you figure out what it says? It is a Native American proverb.
Hey you! Do not give up yet. Do you want some clues? Okay, here they are:
  • If you say the words out loud it might help
  • It has to do with cats
  • There is also another animal in the phrase
I am a little worried that "turd" is on the Bad Word list. Please do not tell anybuddy that I wrote that word down, okay?

ps: We just published our very first calendar! You can see the different months by clicking this link to our CafePress store.

Share/Bookmark

89 Notes for Daisy:

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Wow! Are we first? And we got it!!!! Yay! What a start to the week!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We got it! We think turd might be on Skeezix' bad werd list, but we think it is all right because you are using it in two words.

Forever Foster said...

Woohoo! We got it! We like that phrase very much:)

Milo and Alfie said...

We won't tell anybuddy abowt the norty word (tee hee) ~ and we guessed the phrase and we like it!

Teddy Westlife said...

I know what it says! I won't tell anyone that you said the "t" word.

Sara Katt said...

Sorry Daisy, I just don't get it.
I tried.
Purrs
Sara Cat

Freya's Staff said...

YAY! 2 things to yay about!
1. I got it!
2. Daisy said a rude word!

Daisy said...

I will write the answer here for anybuddy who wants it. Stop reading if you do not want the solution!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"After dark all cats are leopards"

marg said...

Well I got it even before you gave the answer Daisy. That is a great saying and oh so true, or at least they think they are leapards.

Anya said...

Thanks for your answer Daisy
:)
Yes we now it ..... :)

SeaThreePeeO said...

We got it! It took a few tries though!

Hansel said...

we got it we got it!

Karen said...

I'll bet they are! Got it!

The Creek Cats said...

We got it!!! Yay!!

The Island Cats said...

We got it!! And we think it's okay that you used the t word since you were playing a game!

The Florida Furkids said...

We got it!! We don't tell anybuddy that you used that word!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are a little slow this morning we thinks it is After dark ......... then we is in the dark. (LOL)

We wants Mommy to open doors now so we will catch you later. ~S,S,C & F

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

PS: Thanks for telling us the answer. Now Mommy knows why Socks has been staying out at night he thinks he is a leopard. We thinks he likes house arrest though he is sleeping in bed with Mommy at night now. ~S,S,C & F

Sugar Daddy Dating said...

wow! these cats are bright, lol. Thanks for sharing the answer Daisy!.

Angel Simba said...

That's a good one! When we sounded it out, we were able to get it, but not before then.

Sweet Purrfections said...

I got it! If you read it out loud, it was easier.

Angel Simba said...

PS Your calendar looks great! I love the way the pictures have you wearing stuff that suits the months.
Good luck with your sales.

Unknown said...

Your calendar is adorable!!

Tommy and Teaghan said...

We got it! We got it! Finally, we got one of deze hard puzzles.

Dat wuz a fun way to start da day.

hitesh said...

sab don't know any American proverb..... :)

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

We got it!! Nice one.

Don't worry about "turd", it is a very funny word.

Sónia Mendes said...

Hi Daisy,

In Portugal we have a saying just like that: "At night, all cats are grey" (it rhimes in portuguese).

Feline Kisses from Gotchi

JD at I Do Things said...

I got it, Daisy! But only after I read your clues. I think it's OK that "Turd" is in the clue because it's a nonsense phrase and doesn't mean anything.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited about your calendar!!!!

Sandy Kessler said...

really all cats are leopards - figures Harley with all those spots !!!
I must have a calendar don't forget the wig shot

Honey P. Sunshine said...

ha ha ha turd ha ha ha

Cory said...

We got it! We got it!!!! I think the "t" word is on the kinda bad word list, not the totally bad word list. So it's ok.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Mom was saying these funny words (we won't tell about the bad word) and we thought she was silly.

We love your calendar!

~ Timothy

Mr. Grumpster Wilfred III said...

I LOVE YOU CALENDAR! i might put it on my christmas list to give to mommy! your ornametns are wonderful too! i would like to set up a Daisy the curly cat tree in the bathroom but then i might seem like your stalker.

One Cats Nip said...

aww mans I gots one word wrong. GOod puzzle!

Dma said...

after dark theo's more like a monkey than a leopard.

Anonymous said...

Yay! We got it! That was fun. Oh and we're putting your calendar on our wish list RIGHT NOW!!!

Janet said...

I got it! And it's a very true proverb!

CCL Wendy said...

Yup, got this one! It's a phrase I'm familiar with, and quite enjoy.

The Meezers or Billy said...

we gotted it!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Turds are not a bad word are they?
We got this one!
--JB

Anonymous said...

We thought the saying wuz "At night, all cats are gray." :-)

Surfie said...

I got it! After dark all cats are leopards. :)

Puglette said...

yay! i got it!! that is a very good saying. hubby used to call his baby sister turdums when they were young...sometimes he still does. ;o)
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Anonymous said...

I got the "all cats are leopards" part but couldn't get the first part - Oh noes!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

WE finally got it but the Woman had to say it several times...!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Bad words don't count when they're embedded in images! ;-)

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

This is a very good one!!
Although I didn't get it :)

Donna said...

Wow, dat was really good! It took me a few times to get it right. :)

Shilgiah the Cat said...

You aways have such great puzzles!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! We got it too!!! Thanx for the fun! Hope you all had a great weekend! We did, we gots a new sisfur!!!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

WE got it too! Thanks for confirming the answer

Meghann said...

HA! We got it right, and we LOVE your calendar! I have to sell a few things in my Etsy store, but when I do, Arwen and I'll definitely get a calendar :)
Have a happy Monday,
Meghann and Arwen

Anonymous said...

That is a great calendar!
Sorry, my English is far too bad to guess the answer to your quiz. :(

brokenteepee said...

After dark the new Farm kitten Sherpa is just a pain in the butt.

But we did get your phrase.

Your Daily Cute said...

I got it! That was a fun one.

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Got it! Thanks, it was FUN. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Lisa Kolosey said...

I got it! Saying it out loud helped. Thanks! That was fun.
~Lisa Co9T

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I like it. That is true.
I did not get it until you gave the hints!!

thanks for the tip on the supplements. That sounds like a good idea. We are sure it is not food allergy even though the vat last year thought it was... I mean, Pierro's breeder place was a dusty dump and he was eating gross food like Friskies "super supper" grossss.
Thanks for the idea. We will look into that sounds very good.

purrrs and love Prinnie

Max said...

Today, I are smart :)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

that was a good one daisy! it took me twice but then i got it!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Munchkin, Tigger, Jigsaw and Patches said...

Weeeee gots it! Woo-Hoo! We knows dat... we iss such kits! :::smirk::: MOL

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We got it, we got it! Oh, and turd is not on mom's bad word list and she sez it alla time, right out loud, just like it was nothing! She even calls dad a big turd too...oh, wait, maybe it is bad...

Christine said...

I got it, too!

I just ordered a copy of your calendar. We love the pictures you chose!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo wild girlkhat!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Litterbox Mouth!

Amy & the house of cats said...

WE got it - and we promise we won't tell anyone about your possible bad word!

Chrissie said...

Daisy, I figured it withOUT help! Am I smart today or what?

Anonymous said...

We got it! We finally got one! Yippeeee!

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

I got it but only just MOL x HUgs GJ xx

Twincerely,Olga said...

stopping by from SITs! i think I have it! great blog!! stop by

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

I got it! And it's true! The hint to say it out loud was VERY helpful... and it's ok by me to write 'turd'.

Lin said...

I LOVE your calendar!! Too bad you had to include that wacky Harley. :)

Mickey's Musings said...

WOOT!!!!! WE guessed it :)
We giggled at that t*** word,heeheehee
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

YAY! We got it!

We gots lots of turds in our litter boxes right now. P-U!

Motor Home Cats said...

We got it! Yea!

Tavi, Cody, Camie and Gracie

Rockster1039 said...

Apparently I'm really good at that game

Just Ducky said...

I figured it out. Turd isn't a bad word!

Misha said...

Love your calendar, Daisy!

Cheyenne -Millie said...

Ha! Ha! Mom has brain stagnation! She can't get it all!

P.S. The first word we noticed was "turd."

SophieKitty said...

I got it! And I agree with the sentiment. I think turd is ok.

Marilyn said...

I figured this one out! Yay. I am not usually very good at word puzzles.

Anonymous said...

We got it...and your calender is super

Lorenza said...

Hi, Daisy!
I got it too!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

GLOGIRLY said...

Hey there Daisy,
We love your puzzle. I had to laugh at Glogirly though. She sounded a little silly talking out loud to herself. I knew the answer all along. I'm pretty sure she cheated. Figures.

I'll look forward to your next puzzle!
Katie

Two French Bulldogs said...

Thank goodness some furry kid got this. Thought we were going to have homework!
Benny & Lily

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Got it. First try... But we really liked that one.

Brochures said...

Haha! I got it. This is the first time! I'm so happy! Thanks Daisy!

Unknown said...

Your calendar is gorgeous Daisy...and Harley too. I love visiting your blog to see what you guys are up to but I think my son, he's 8 loves it more than me. If I'm not on the computer, he'll come flying into my room wanting to see what "Daisy and Harley" are doing. You rock!!

Skeezix the Cat said...

I don't think yoo have to werry abowt the bad werds list, cuz you spelt it "turd" insted of the kerrekt spelling, t-e-r-d. Tharefore, I don't think you can git in trubble with turd.

Maureen said...

Aw rats. I didn't get it... thank you for telling us!

Related Posts with Thumbnails