Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oh Noes! My Toes!

Be very, very QUIET! I am HIDING because I saw the TOENAIL CUTTER!
Here is some ADVICE from me. HARLEY. If you want to keep your TOENAILS LONG, do not do THIS:
OKAY, I will be a BRAVE Mancat while my TOENAILS are being CUT OFF.
I can't LOOK. Tell me when it is OVER please.

Share/Bookmark

77 Notes for Daisy:

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

I feel for you, Harley. I got my (ultra-long) nails clipped a couple of days ago.

Purrs,
Sei-Chan

Forever Foster said...

It is such an indignity, isn't it! You were very brave, buddy.

Angel Simba said...

Oh, so brave!

Alex the Blogging Kat said...

MY hoomin bean twyz to cutz MY toenailz butz I dunt letz him. OK?

Milo and Alfie said...

Oh poor Harley. Yoo deserve a medal for being so brave. Is there a toe cutting event in the Cat-O-Lympics?

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You were very brave Harley. We wouldn't want to look either if we had to get ours cut. Going for walks and climbing trees stops our nails from growing long.

Anonymous said...

Harley? You don't like getting a pedicure? I LOVE them! Doesn't your mom sing you a little song while she clips? And give you treats after? Will a hug from me help?

*HUG* It's OK Harley.

Teddy Westlife said...

Oh Harley. I am very very sad for you. I hope you are okay now.

Anonymous said...

Oh Noes! Gracies Toes, too, Harley Quinn! Mom has Gracie Kitten Scizzor Clawrs all over her legs and hands. Mom says she did not know she had that many bloods in her! Tee Hee.

Lisa Kolosey said...

I hope you got a nice treat afterwards!
~Lisa Co9T

Jen said...

Poor Harley! You were a very (somewhat? sort of?) brave boy :o\

Hoshi said...

So brave boy!!
My kitty just got her nails clipped too, she usually loves it and purrrrrr while clipping her nails.

Marg said...

Oh Harley, you are such a brave boy. We sure wouldn't let our mom do that to us. Well maybe some of us would, but most of us wouldn't let that happen. Good boy. Now you can't hurt anyone.

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

You are very brave, Harley! You are lucky you have toenails still. All my cats had their front paws declawed which was very painful for them. Two were declawed when I got them but I had my little Spunky Doodle done when she was a kitten. She has forgiven me but it was a very mean thing of me to do. I just felt it was only fair to Moe, our first cat that had to share his house with Spunky who always pounced on him.

The Island Cats said...

Yikes! We can't look either!! We hate having our toenails cut!

Hansel said...

harley you were so good for that! hansel complains and complains the WHOLE time.

Cats in trees said...

Eeeeeks! The secret is: keep your nails hidden, Harley. (And use your tree, to keep them short)

i beati said...

At my house they hide for days and I am lonely and meds forget it !! sandy

Lin said...

Oh, you sit very nicely for that, Harley. Hobbes doesn't like it much and we have a little wrestling match each time. But treats make it better. Treats make EVERYTHING better.

The Meezers or Billy said...

ME hates clippy claws!!!! - Billy

Cindy said...

Poor Harley. You were so brave to sit there and have your toe nails cut off.

lovcats said...

Oh it's just a bad day...
but all things must pass ;) you will be very handsome Harley

Anonymous said...

Mommeh paints her nails, but chopps ours off...crazy!

Puppy on a Roomba said...

I hates it when they takes my nails!! They are mine and I want them back!!!!

The Whiskeratti said...

Oh, Harley, that is awful. And we feel your pain... our Mom puts us through this trauma too. Meanies.

Anonymous said...

oh, see now - that didn't hurt a bit!

las794 said...

I wish I could get Minnie to sit still for that.

Cory said...

Jonesie is afraid to look! She climbed mom's leg again and now she's on the list for a pedicure!

HH and The Boys said...

Like Julie said to Julia, "Be Brave, Daisy. Be Very Brave."

I'm with ya on that. I never liked that clipper-thingamagig...

purrrrrs to you!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

You area a very brave boy, Harley!

The Furry Kids said...

Ugh! We had to get mani/pedis on the weekend because EG clawred Mama real bad on a delicate area on her chest. hee hee
Hopefully you got a yummy treat when you were done.

Love,
Tazo

Raymond and Busby said...

Harley, We feel so sorry for you. We had the exact same thing happen to us last night. Raymond was on our Moms lap and did the stick the claws in the leg thing and now tonight we have a date with the clippers. UGH!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I hate having my nails done too. I think you are smart not to look.

Anonymous said...

You are such a brave boy, Harley! Skeeter actually ikes when mom cuts her toenails. Cricket doesn't mind it either. Pandora not I have front nails anymore. They were taken out before we came to be daddys.

One Cats Nip said...

Isnt it the worst! My mom has been trying to cut mine for days but heheheh she cant find the clippers

catsynth said...

Actually, that's a good reminder that somebody else needs her toenails trimmed...

Joanne Olivieri said...

Oh Harley, sweetie, it will be over before you know it and you'll be back to your old tricks.

Puglette said...

that is very good advice, harley. i am glad that you were a brave man-cat and had a nail trim. you will probably get more snuggles with trimmed nails. and that's always a good thing!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Shaggy and Scout said...

The clippers are no fun.
Mom has to trim the guinea pigs nails too and they really fight it too!

CCL Wendy said...

What negative anticipation you have in your big golden eyes! I'm sure thinking about it was a lot worse than the actual experience, though.

Yes, don't spear the beans with your nails, then maybe they'll leave you alone!

The Crew said...

If you want to prevent your clawrs from being trimmed, you must never, I repeat...NEVER dig them into someones leg! In fact, it's best to keep them in at all times, so no one even thinks about them!!

Max S.

Maureen said...

Aw, Harley you are being a very brave Mancat. Tawnee doesn't move an inch when I cut her nails. Dakotah either.

Sheba, on the other hand screams bloody murder and I have to wrap her in a towel to keep from being scratched to death during the ordeal.

Harley, will you please come teach Sheba to behave? Thx,

brokenteepee said...

Now that is funny...we all had our hooves trimmed today. It must be pedicure day in the animal world!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Harley, you behave so well getting your toenails cut off. Meowm has to sneak up on us when we are sleeping and even then we don't let her get much done. I am better about it than Orion, and he only has toenails on his back feet!

Junior

Sparkle said...

You know what they say, Harley - Mancats shouldn't have PEDICURES! But of course, it's your front paws being clipped so you're really getting a MANicure - that should be all right!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh man, dat happened to me on Sunday! When mom went to get my back feets I aksidently scratched her wif one of my giant mancatly toes...really, it was her fawlt fur sticking her arm unner my feets.~Speedy
Speedy lies, he stuck his foots right into mom's arm as she was reaching fur da other one!

Misha said...

I hope you didn't get your nails painted as well! That wouldn't be very mancatly!

L. Alida said...

You are such a good brave mancat Harley! I love you and Daisy! Hugs for you and "Mommeh".
Lorianna

Amy & the house of cats said...

Harley you were such a brave mancat while they cut off your nails!

Cat Street Boyz said...

OUCH!!! Poor Harley...but now your Mom's legs can heal!(=^Y^=)

Ann said...

I think you were very brave Harley. Too bad you had to learn the hard way and even worse for your mom.

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Rumblemummy wants you and your sister to come over and teach us how to behave for photos and nail trims. (We want you to come over and we'll show you how to misbehave heh hehehe)

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Maybe woo should go on walks with me!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Extra H&K to your mommeh!

Pip said...

Awww poor Harley! Tells mommy you needs those toenails to ummmm... ummmm. keeps the tartar off your teefs, yeah- that's it!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i like my toenails cut!

smiles, auntie be
xoxoxoxoxoxooxox

Anonymous said...

It could be worse, sometimes the V-E-T cuts them!

Meghann said...

OH NO Harley! I am sorry you had to get your beautiful claws trimmed, I hate my nails getting cut too, so I usually squirm and roll and jerk my paws away from my daddy...mommy has to placate me with treats to keep me still. She hates to treat my bad behavior, but it is the only way...
Hope you have a better day after the nail experience,
Arwen the Wonder Dog and her slave Meghann

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Oh noes, we hope you got done with that quickly!
Our mom has to do 24 sets of toes here now!
--JB

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Oooooh! You are so lucky to be having a luxurious pedicure spa day! Does that spa offer catnip aromatherapy and tuna juice smoothies too?

meowmeowmans said...

Oh, Harley, we feel for you! We hate having our nails trimmed, too!

Sammy and Moosey (the cats of the folks over at Animal Shelter Volunteer Life)

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh Daisy...spa day?
Benny & Lily

Mickey's Musings said...

Yup!!!! That's pretty much what causes Mom to drag out the clippers around here too :o
We must say, you are way braver than we are,heehee
Purrs Mickey, Georgia & Tillie

loki said...

Oh no, Harley I feel your pain man!

BeadedTail said...

You were very brave Harley! We always get treats after our nails get clipped so hope you did too.

Anonymous said...

We just read about your mommeh's latest visit to the human v*t, and we'll be purring that the news is good for her...

Lorenza said...

Oh-oh!
There is no way we can escape from that, right?
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Your Daily Cute said...

Well, for all that complaining, you sure look like you were a good boy while your Mommeh cute your toe nails off!

The Florida Furkids said...

You're a big brave ManCat to sit so nicely while you get your pedicure!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Melinda said...

You are indeed a very brave boy, Harley! I hope you didn't squirm too much when they were being trimmed, that can make it dangerous!! I'm gonna give you a big kiss on your head for being so brave! Mwah!

Quill and Greyson said...

Leg clawing is only going to get you in trouble!

Theresa, Joe and Bobby said...

Good job Harley,
It is better not to have them be too pointy because you can hurt people or get them hung-up in your modeling costumes.
Uncle Bobby

Debbie said...

What a good man-cat you are, holding still so your mom could cut your nails. When Copper was little, he used bite me when I cut his nails but now he is good too.

The WriggleButts said...

Hey Harley!

We gave you an award. Hope it will make you feel better!

Luzinha said...

Harley, you're very brave, dear! ufa!
but I'm sure that your mommie was very careful with you!

cute kitty!

The Oceanside Animals said...

*Snikt!*

Donna said...

Don't worry, Harley. U will be okay. I's proud of u!! :)

The Furry Bambinos said...

We hate the EVIL NAIL TRIMMER too! You were very brave, Harley! Mohawk (he was one of the kitties who came before) used to scream and carry on when Mom trimmed his nails.

Padre, Panda Bear, Meerkat, Cookie, and Caramel

Related Posts with Thumbnails