Thursday, March 25, 2010

Beware the Brush!

AAAAHHHHH! A BRUSH! A PINK brush! As a Mancat, I am naturally WARY of all groomin' tools.
As my new video shows, a Mancat should ALWAYS be CAREFUL not to be OVERGROOMED! In case you can't see the video, click HERE to see it on YouTube.

Share/Bookmark

64 Notes for Daisy:

gemmak said...

Lol Harley...you won't stay so handsome if you don't let your mommeh brush you properly!

Teddy Westlife said...

I don't like to be brushed either Harley!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Has your Mom tried the Zoom Groom? We both love to be brushed with the Zoom Groom!

Purrs,
Tama-Chan and Yuu-Chan

Alex the Blogging Kat said...

Harley. I likez to be brusheded but I DUNT likez dat kindz ob brushy. OK?

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Harley, you remind me so much of our first cat, Moe. He had long fur and hated being brushed. Whenever I would try, he would try biting the brush or just walk away like you did. I had to do it just a little at a time. My dad's cat, Sweet Thing, just loved being brushed. I'd just get it out, walk to the table and he would jump right up and let me brush a full 10-15 minutes straight!

Forever Foster said...

I try to eat my furs off the brush!
-Lishy.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Brushes are tricky ~ they sneak up on yoo when yoo are least expecting them. Then yoo hafta rassle them.

Marg said...

Harley wants to do it himself. He also obviously has better things to do. We would not let ourselves be brushed either Harley. That is a neat video. Have a great day.

The Creek Cats said...

Harley, you are so cute! Some of us don't like the brush either. We'd rather fight it!

Sweet Purrfections said...

I LOVE to be brushed. Unfortunately, I couldn't watch your video this morning - there was some type of error.

Hansel said...

:( your video isn't working for us. but we don't like getting groomed either! none of us!

The Furry Bambinos said...

It is very important to carefully sniff the brush before being groomed with it. We do the same thing with the Furminator.

Padre, Panda Bear, Meerkat, Cookie, and Caramel

The Florida Furkids said...

We all love being brushed! You were smart to be wary of the brush, but we see you liked it in the end.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Kea said...

Harley, you have to suffer to be beautiful (or handsome), so our human grandma always told our personal assistant. But only Derry loves to be brushed, Annie and Nicki--not so much.

Maybe you just need a different coloured brush!

Cat with a Garden said...

Harley, you are silly!
We love that your brush has these little thingies at the tops of the spikes. Ours hasn't and mom has to be very careful not to scratch us. Actually, we realise again, that your mommy always has the best products. How does she find out about them? Does she read a cat magazine or just browses the internet? Ours need education in that.
Purrs, Siena & Chilli

Anonymous said...

I understand. When I get home from "the pretty parlor," I gotta redo my hairs...

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh i bet that feels good! i love to brush my hairs...

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Dma said...

theo is allergic to brushes too.

i beati said...

We have that same brush and a similar look Pinky, Darlin, Lovey and Evie

The Island Cats said...

Harley, I treat the grooming brush the same way!! I'd rather sniff it than be brushed by it!

Ernie

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You gave that brush a good sniffin' Harley. We don't like the brush, but we both love the Zoom Groom.

Anonymous said...

My girl cat is a "brush" junkie but now the boy cats are getting to like being brushed too. It's just like being petted, dontcha' know...

Anonymous said...

MOL!!! You are so funny and we liked the cameo appearance by Daisy! Mom says you're furry Fangalicious!

Anonymous said...

oh my dear HarleyCat, being brushed is not so bad! it is even enjoyable if you can tilt so your mommeh gets just the right angle. eeeeeeeeeee, i like it, it gives me the tingles! i can not see your video right now, this computer is being verreh bad and misbehaving something terrible, but i will be sure to watch it later.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh I LOVE to be brushed. But only with the furminator!

Shaggy and Scout said...

You sure inspected that thoroughally!

Notice how Daisy DIDN'T ruin all your fun?

Guido the Italian Kitty-Big Angel Now said...

Youza gotta use yur MasterCat card and order da meowvaloso (and afurrrdable) gizmo I got this week. Youza can see it on The Guido Gazette at
http://theguidogazette.blogspot.com

SeaThreePeeO said...

we don't like our brush all that much either

Raymond and Busby said...

Harley, you don't seem to like the brush very much. And yet you always look so well groomed. Maybe you sneak the grooming in when your Mommeh isn't looking?

JD at I Do Things said...

I don't think it's just a "manly" thing -- Pru does not like to be overgroomed either. I can't brush her without her doubling back and trying to smell or bite the brush.

Anonymous said...

*gasp* Harley, do you mean there is such a thing as being brushed too much?! But we all love being brushed! Maybe it's just the pink brush. We have red and gray. Gracie would love a pink brush, though.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Harley, love how the brush matches your nose!

Ronan the Siamese said...

Wow Harley I love your 'guyliner' - how do you get it on so good? Does your mommeh help you?

Buggys said...

Come on now, you know it feels good.

brokenteepee said...

That wasn't THAT bad, was it Harley?
I personally love to be brushed.
Mmmmmmmmmm.

The WriggleButts said...

You certainly need to beware of the brush - they steal your furs if you don't pay attentions.

Purrs,
Hyssy

Pip said...

MOL Harley, I likes how you sees Daisy and get all distracted.
But its ok to be a mancat that likes brushings. It is a mommy's job to brush us whenever we wants.
I loves brushings, and I think I am a manly man-cat!
TK

Puglette said...

brushing is good! it gets all the itchies and makes you feel great! but maybe a more manly cat color would help.
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Maureen said...

Ha Harley! See? It doesn't hurt. You look like you really liked it after all!

Sparkle said...

Ha! While you were messing around with that brush, Harley, Daisy walked right in and stole that fine sun patch! No wonder you think brushing is bogus.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Did the brush feel good on your face? Wizard loved to have his face brushed!

Ann said...

I think you found perfect balance. You got groomed without overdoing it

GLOGIRLY said...

Harley, Harley, Harley.

The brush is PINK.
May I remind you that you are a MANCAT.
Leave the pink to Daisy.

(sorry, Daisy)

Lin said...

It must be a "guy" thing--Hobbes doesn't like the brush very much either.

Amy & the house of cats said...

Harley you are a silly boy! We all tolerate the brush and a few of us like it, and we are mancatly (well, ok, Kirzon is kinda girly for a mancat but still).

Jans Funny Farm said...

Very good, Harley. No matter what the color, if you don't like to be brushed, turn it down. If you like to be brushed, pretend you don't.

Joanne Olivieri said...

Harley, we'll talk to your Mommeh and try and get her to get you a more many color like Blue or Black.

Mickey's Musings said...

Harley, you are too silly heehee!!
We all love the brush. It feels god on our bodies. The Zoom Groom is even better!!
How did it taste anyway???
Purrs Mickey,Georgia & Tillie

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Harley
I don't like the brush either, I'm with you!

purrs
Abby

Cosmo said...

I'm not a fan of the brush either, but I'd be very upset if Mishamummy tried to use a pink one on me!

Cats in Trees said...

What a sweet video. And a very independent cat you are: just keep it up, I'll brush myself.

Meadow said...

Maybe it is a mancat thing, Dexter does the same thing.....apprehension, sniff, sniff, sniff, then 'OH BRUSH ME BRUSH ME'!

Hoshi said...

LOL!!!
what a movie!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I am the SAME WAY Harley. Thsoe brushes are crazy. Pink? unacceptable!

bonkbonkbonk

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh Lily just loves pinkkkkkk
Benny & Lily

Asta said...

Hawley
I think you wewe vewy patient..you'we wight though, a mancat shoudn't get ovewgwoomed(specially wif a pink giwlie bwush)
Smoochie kisses
ASTA

Lorenza said...

Hi, Harley!
My brush is exactly like yours!
And I don't like it too much!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Jen said...

You are just worried because it is pink and you want to look manly. I bet it felt pretty good.

Quill and Greyson said...

I like to rub against the brush with my cheek too!

Your Daily Cute said...

You really made sure you approved of that brush before you let your Mommeh use it. Good job, Harley.

And Daisy looked like she found a great spot in that sun puddle!

jude8753 said...

I don't have cats, but my dog Obie hates to be brushed also.

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

You tell em, Harley!!!

Karen Jo said...

Harley, I have a brush just like that, but mine is a mancatly blue. I like to sniff and bite the brush and rub my cheek against it, too, but I love to be brushed. It feels sooo good.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello harley its dennis the vizsla dog hay my sister trouble the kitty luvs to be brushd!!! that is wot mama and dada do to her to relaks her before they stik needels in her!!! ok bye

Related Posts with Thumbnails