Monday, March 22, 2010

More Answers for You!

This is the third part of my question and answer series. Here are some answers to miscellaneous questions. There are still a few more questions to answer after this, so there will be one more part where Harley answers some questions.

My curly furs do not need any sort of special grooming. In fact, I hardly shed at all! I keep my girlish figure because I only eat my raw food diet 2 times per day. We finish all of our foods in just a couple of minutes, and do not get any more until dinner time. We used to have dry food left out and grazed all day, but we do not eat dry foods any more.

Our little freezer filled with our frozen raw foods!

I am definitely a Mommeh's girl. I am a tiny bit scairted of our dad, but I do not know why. I let him pet me, but I almost never sit in his lap... unless he has some delicious foods. Harley is a Daddeh's boy; they are always playing funny games together. My Mommeh always says "don't play so rough with him" and Daddeh says "Harley likes it, see!"
I love my Mommeh.

I wish I could visit all my blogging buddies. That would be fun! Except for the traveling part.

I get scairted easily, and run and hide whenever the doorbell rings - even if it's just a doorbell on TV. I usually run and hide under the bed. My favorite napping place lately is my heated cat cup, on account of it being so warm and cozy inside the cup. Harley likes to nap on top of the big armoire in the bedroom. He has also been spending a lot of time on MY curve perches.

My favorite swear word is "Rats!" I hope I do not get in trouble for saying that. In the mornings, Harley and I wake up about 4:00 am, and start running around acting wild and crazy until the mom and dad wake up. Usually Harley starts walking around on the bed canopy railings and jumping onto the bed. He chases me all around across the bed and I growl and hiss. My Mommeh tries yelling "Settle Down!" but we never do settle down. When she finally gets up and goes downstairs, we race after her and sit by our placemat waiting for dinner. Is a good routine, right?
Harley walking the rails.

I do not do much hunting, except sometimes I like to chase the lizards around the house. I have not done any experiments in a very long time! I hope I will be able to do some more fun scientific experiments soon. I think my favorite experiment was watching the lizard in the Scientific Observation Pen.

Science is fun.

My Mommeh says her favorite thing to blog about is Mr. Shrill. I think because he is easy to direct.

If I had just one wish, it would be for every cat and dog to have a loving Forever home, a warm place to sleep, and a full belly. I would like to leave you today with a picture of my sister Pixie for those who did not ever get to meet her. She had hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, but she was a good sister. I miss you Pixie!
My sister Pixie.


Share/Bookmark

80 Notes for Daisy:

i beati said...

Great answers, especially cute picture of you and mommeh..Happy week.I lost my buddy but trying to remember a full and wondrous life.Planting new little flowers since the freeze.I may just have to blow up your picture. It makes me smile a lot !!

Poppy Q said...

We love learning about Daisyworld. It sounds like you have a great life Miss D, and we love that you remembered PixieBananas in this post.

Smooches

Anonymous said...

Daisy, I don't want to hurt your feelings but....what did you do with pixie's body when she died?

Anonymous said...

We loved learning more about you Daisy! And we don't think you'll get in trouble for saying Rats! jane's favorite word is 'poop'.
We didn't know Pixie well, but hope she is eating all the Nannars she wants over the Bridge.

Anonymous said...

We loved seeing Pixie again. We know you must miss her terribly.

Momma wishes she could switch us to raw foods, but there are no stores or vets around here that sell it and shipping is very expensive. With Gandalf's crystals and now Gracie's kitten foods, feeding has gotten complicated around here. Mom is still working on creating a simplified meal plan that is right for everybuddy.

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

That sounds like a very good morning routine. Nothing like a good chase to start the day! I like your scientific experiments too--remember when you grew dinosaurs in the water--I think they were dinosaurs. Also liked your butterflies! Sad for Pixie, I'm sure you still miss her. We miss our Moe.

Quilts and Cats said...

You just touch our hearts...your answers are great and we love your remeberance of Pixie. Muffin and Jelly Bean.

Daisy said...

Gaby May, we have Pixie's ashes in a beautiful urn that has engraved pawprints on it!

The Florida Furkids said...

We're impressed by your wake up routine. We jump up and down on Mom but jumping from those rails must REALLY wake your Mommeh and Daddy up!

We miss Pixie too.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Lovely to find out more about you and Harley! I wish all us blogging kitties could meet up, too. Imagine all of us in the one room! C-R-A-Z-Y.

Marg said...

Those are great answers Daisy. We are very scart of other people if anyone comes to visit. We run and hide too. Sounds like you need to swat that darn Harley every once in a while. And it does sound like you have fun running around in the mornings.
And that was really nice to meet Pixie. She was very pretty.
All of you have a wonderful week.

Lisa Kolosey said...

We loved hearing about your morning routine. Our morning routine goes on like that all night long. We also have ashes of our beloved kitties (and woofie) gone passed in urns on a shrine. I've been thinking about going raw too, but making it myself (for 8 cats!). Still researching....
~Lisa Co9T

Parker said...

It's a good life Daisy, you are right, I share the same wish as you.

Teddy Westlife said...

I miss Pixie too! I am a little bit scairt of everything too Daisy.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

We loved reading the answers, and Pixie looks very sweet. Purrs.

Forty Paws said...

Bless little Pixie's heart. She was a good poodin.

Luf, Us

Jemma Chihuahua said...

We love these Q&A posts!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

It was lovely to see a photo of sweet Pixie again. Our mum has part of the garden set aside for all the cats who went before and has planted a rose above each of them.
She would love to change us to a raw meat diet, but we refuse to eat it. We won't even eat cooked meat. We will only eat neat from sachets or mouse. We don't get dried food any more Did you like raw food straight away or did it take a long time to get used to it?
Harley must feel like an elephant landing when he jumps from so high up.

The Creek Cats said...

Thanks for those answers! Daisy, you remind our mom of our Maggie May.

We didn't get to know Pixie because we came along right after she left for the bridge. It was definitely our loss because we know she was a very special kitteh!

gemmak said...

I love these questions and answers posts Daisy and this one starts with my very favourite picture of you too. :)

Ann said...

Whenever the door bell rings on tv Duke always starts barking.
So sad about your sister Pixie.

Lin said...

Oh, I like your answer day! So much to learn about a little kitty. :)

We lost our sweet kitty, Henry, to the same thing you lost Pixie to! It was so sad when he died unexpectedly at 3 years old. We didn't want to ever get another kitty after being so sad, but Henry the angelcat, whispered in our ears that we have too many sunny windows to let another kitty sit in a shelter. That is how Hobbes came to live with us.

Grace does not like that story.

Shazza Anna said...

Daisy you describe your mornings so well I can just imagine. Here we have three of the six cats that get up and lay on mummy in a line. That usually works but we don't let Fat Boy Slim do it because he is 21 LBs in weight! It was so wonderful to meet Pixie and we think she is playing with our Mr. Snuggles and Taz at the Bridge. xx

Forever Foster said...

It was lovely to see Pixie again. She was so beautiful.

I also run as fast as I can when I hear our gate. I don't when it is the neighbours gate though, which mum is amazed by as she can't tell the difference between the sounds.

Sweet Purrfections said...

It's so nice that you are sharing stories about your life together.

Noll's Nip said...

It's so nice to learn more about you and Harley. You two are fascinating :)

Raymond and Busby said...

Daisy, We Love that you and Harley get up at 4am and race around until your Mommeh gets up. We do the same thing! Your sister Pixie was very pretty and we are sorry we never got to meet her. xoxo

Dma said...

rats is pretty profane. hope your mom doesn't get the soap out.

Cory said...

Daisy, my momma Ellie says that she wants to come over and help you get over your fear of doorbells...she runs to the door when she hears it because she wants to greet everyone!

We love hearing all about you and Harley.

A Bay Horse said...

My kitties like to wake us up that way too.
Your sister, Pixie, was very pretty. I miss my Baby I lost around Christmas. We keep her in an urn too, with a shrine of her favorite things.

Anonymous said...

Pixie...little 'nanna eating angel!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We love your answer sessions, Daisy, and will be sad when they are over!

#1 says she can imagine what huge fun it is for your Mommy and Daddy to have Harley canopy surfing and both of you jumping onto the bed starting at 4am. We boys stay in bed cuddling with #1 until she chooses to get up. The girls occasionally come in to check on us, but they are very quiet.

We also love the photo of sweet Pixie.

Janet said...

Your Q&A's are very interesting, Daisy! You are a real celebrity!!!

Pip said...

Is fun to learn about you and your fambily.
I was thinking of Pixie the other day when the kittehs over at Ozark Mountain Cats had a bananar break down. We miss reading about here too.
TK

catsynth said...

That was a wonderful post, we got to learn more about you and your family. We really like the photos, too, including your tribute to Pixie.

Anonymous said...

That is such a fabulous photo of you to start today's post.

Our kitties pretty much keep to our schedule - they don't be up and running around in the morning until someone actually gets up. The Daddy is usually up at 5:30am and they race him down the stairs. When the Daddy is away, well, they all just keep snoozing till I roust myself, sometimes as late as 9! But they have dry food is they are super hungry...

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I particularly like the Morning routine. I wish we had rails up high on the bed!

BumbleVee said...

I didn't know little Pixie.... It's nice to see a picture of her. Somebody eated all of her whiskers off....

Puglette said...

those are awesome answers! i think your morning routine is perfect, but may start a bit too early for mom and dad. hugs and smoochies to you both!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Buggys said...

Pixie is beautiful. Science experiment?

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Thank you so much for your lessons, you are a good teacher, Daisy. We never got to really know Pixie, but feel like we did because you tell us about her, and cuz we know about HCM and have much sympathy and know you miss her! Tell your mewmie that she should submit a photo of Pixie to photowow.com and mayb she could win a big pikture like we did of Nani!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

That is a lot of fun information! Your sister was a sweetie!

Joanne Olivieri said...

It is so much fun to get to know you better Daisy :) Your sister was very cut too.

Donna said...

Thank u so much, Daisy. I feel like u ar in a magazeen innervoo or somethin. :)

Winston Wilbur said...

Daisy, you pretty much described our house in the morning. Mum is always yelling for us to knock it off. I am super scared of men. And unlike my sister, I don't like new people in the house at all! I luv my mum but i will now cuddle with dad, although I never used to, it tooks a long time to get to that. I am a mum's princess all the way!

Tika

The Crew said...

We remember Pixie well and yes, she was a good sister.

Harley, you're very brave to get up there on that canopy! I run when the doorbell rings, too.

Your friend
Misty

brokenteepee said...

Sherpa runs around like a crazy cat too. What is it with boy cats?

Thank you for answering all of the questions. It is fun to learn about you.

JD at I Do Things said...

Gus is very much a Mommeh's boy, and Pru is very independent, so Dave is kind of left out in the cold. Altho I quite like him.

Hannah and Lucy said...

It was good learning about you today, we play a very noisy game of pass the mouse (toy version) rugby or chase the ping pong ball until our mum wakes up and then act surprised she's awake!. Wish we had something tall to jump off and wake her up earlier.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

very interesting answers daisy honey!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Pixie was a good sister. Prinnie told me she was really sweet and she had a heart that was so big, but it needed help with pills and stuff. I am very glad that Pixie was with your mom and dad. I like to run in the morning too. I also do not get much crunchies, a few at night.
Daisy, I am glad to know you and Harley!

bonkbonk

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Oh and Daisy, I am glad that you have Pixie's ashes. I have Caesar and Prinnies together in Caesar's big box.
They are together again.

hugs and bonks

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

We miss Pixie too Daisy.

Orion is a bit of a scaredy cat, but not me!~~Junior

Junior doesn't do much of the waking of Meowm for food, I do that!~~Orion

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

That was a great post, Miss Daisy. I feel fully informed now.
DMM

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Hi Daisy! We learned a lot about you today. Sorry we haven't visiting in a while. Thanks for coming to visit uSSSSS!

Meadow said...

Great stuff to know AGAIN! Thank you! Asia is a momma's girl too....but just when Dad thinks she will never spend time with him, she sleeps on his lap like it was no big deal.

Viveca from FatigueBeGone said...

Hello Daisy!
Gengus, Alaska and Simon send you their best purrs! They are jealous of your delicious food! They still get that ol' dry food but worse than that ... they have six dogs who patter around them while they eat.

Sometimes Albert the Joy Dog turns into Albert the Cat Food Thief. Very stressful.

Sigh. I mean purrr.

V.

Danielle said...

You're a fun kitteh to learn about! MOL at Harley climbing around on the bed canopy. If my humins had one of those, I'd probably do that too!

Amy & the house of cats said...

That was great information Daisy! We hadn't met Pixie before - she was beautiful and her eyes were so pretty!

Shilgiah the Cat said...

The thing I remember most about Pixie is that she loved eating bananas!

Every time our mom gets a banana she thinks of Pixie and lets us sniff just in case we might want a nibble. I stick my nose up but Tommy sniffs for awhile. We think he might try one sometime.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy
Those were some great answers!
I was especially surprised that you are skairt...my sisfur Boo is just like you. She runs from loud noises too. Harley we are looking forward to your answers now.

purrs
Abby

CCL Wendy said...

Your sister Pixie was a lovely girl, and I'm sorry she's not here anymore. I hope she had a good life.

You are such a dainty little thing, Daisy, that I think Daddies can be too rough sometimes. Mancats love that rough and tumble stuff. Dante prefers to be petted by his Daddy -- there's something in the touch, but Domino prefers my petting because I am very gentle.

I'll bet you like gentle, too!

The Island Cats said...

We love learning more about you Daisy...and our favorite swear word is RATS too!

Cats in Trees said...

When the doorbell in our house rings we scamper too. It's just so loud! We hate that even more than the testing of the city's sirens once a month.

(And we think you have a great morning routine)

Sparkle said...

You two have a great morning routine! And I love the bed. I wish we had one like that - we could have lots of fun with it!

Baby Patches said...

Thanks you for telling me a lot about you and your life Daisy! I luvs getting to knows you and Harley more.

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs

Meghann said...

I hope and pray every dog and cat gets a forever home too, but at least we know a few doggies and kitties who have wonderful forever homes - and you and Harley are right up at the top with a great mommeh and daddeh :)

BeadedTail said...

It was nice seeing beautiful Pixie again! We enjoy learning more about you and think your morning routine sounds like fun! With all your pink clothes, we're not surprised you're a mommeh's girl!

Quill and Greyson said...

Those are awesome wishes! I met you shortly after Pixie went to the bridge. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to know her. Purrs

Lorenza said...

Hi, Daisy!
More facts to know about you!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

SophieKitty said...

I like learning more about your life, Daisy. I think you're very interesting.

A few Good Cats said...

Ah, sweet little Pixie... it's good to remember absent friends.

Two French Bulldogs said...

we love those pictures...and answers
Benny & Lily

Theresa111 said...

If your Mommeh gave you and harley a little treat raw food) to eat right before bedtime, then she could sleep in later because you two would be still sleeping.

Love,
Theresa

Debbie said...

I have enjoyed reading your question and answer series. You are a very lucky cat to have such a nice furrever home with good food, good places to sleep and fun things to do (Copper would love to watch a lizard!).

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello daisy its dennis the vizsla dog hay yore ekspeeriments are fasinayting!!! however yoo must be kayrful wen observing lizards as things can go horribly awry as in the faymus dokyoomentry joorasic park!!! ok bye

ratboyz said...

lotz of good infromations, daisy. i herd u said harleykats has fixed hims nails but now haz a booboo on himz meowfs. poor harleykats!
i also likes the pictur of pixiekat. sheez omost prettyz az u!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Thanks again for sharing, Daisy! It's fun learning more about you and Harley; great pictures! I share your wish for all the cats and dogs out there :D

The Furry Bambinos said...

We just love your answer posts! Thank you for showing us the picture of Pixie! She was such a sweetie!

Padre, Panda Bear, Meerkat, Cookie, and Caramel

Maureen said...

Aw, what a great post... I love all the information you give in these. But 4 AM??? Wow, your poor Mommy must not get much sleep. I wish you could visit me too; maybe one day I will get to Florida! I love that picture of Pixie; what a sweetie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails