Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Snout and About

Today we are going to learn about snouts. This is on account of I think "snout" is a funny word. The meaning of the word snout is: The projecting nose, jaws, or anterior facial part of an animal's head.
Let us study some different snouts. Here is a generic cat snout:
Now let us look at a Harley Quinn snout:
In case you are having trouble visualizing Harley's snout, here is his silhouette. You can see that Harley has a long snout!
Here is my snout:
I have a much shorter snout!

What sort of snout do you have?
Share/Bookmark

49 Notes for Daisy:

Freya's Staff said...

Teego has a big snout that's ALWAYS where it shouldn't be!!!

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

Daisy, thank you for the lesson on snouts. My Lucky has a snout a little bit like Harley Quinn's and Shadow's is a lot like yours! And she is an all-black kitteh, so you wouldn't have to silhouette-ize her head to see it!

Mr Puddy said...

Pretty Interesting Daisy !
and Both Snouts look beautiful
xoxo

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Mom said we have kissable snouts!

Abby, the dog said...

Spunky and Manny both have short snouts, but Abby's mine is huge! Woof! Woof!

Donna said...

O hai! :) I has a snoot with brown and gray furs. I like to sniff things with my snoot. D.R. thinks mah snoot is adorable. :)

Marg said...

What a great lesson in snouts Daisy. We never gave any thoughts to our snouts. We will have to go around an measure everyone. But Daisy your snout is very attractive. So is Harley's. Take care.

Link Bartholomew said...

My handsome orange snout is more like Harley's than yours, Daisy. Thanks for the lesson, Ms. Curly Cat.

TabbyNormal said...

We think "snout" is a lovely word. It's the sort of thing our Mum would encourage her friends to "say out loud" when alone.

Kitty McCormack said...

"Snout" what a funny word, it's not elegant enough to use for cats though, what do you think?

Our "snouts" are between your's and Harley's we think.

Nishiko and Xanthe xxx

Amber-Mae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber-Mae said...

HMMM interesting. Not only do you have a much shorter snout but you also have a very well defined "Stop". Harley on the other hand lacks it. He has a "dish face" as we all call it in the conformation world because his is really sloping. Nothing wrong with that though. He's still a handsome hunk. HEE HEE

And if you're wondering what a "Stop" is...it is the part between the snout & the top of the head (think of forehead). Yours is almost at a 90 degree angle.

My kitty sista has a compact snout just like you too, Daisy. Mine is on the long-ish side.

Jemma Chihuahua said...

Thanks for the snout lesson, Daisy! We think Tofu has a moderate snout.

Anonymous said...

Hmm - I have a kitty with a long snout and one with a short snout - maybe I need a third kitty with a medium snout.

Dma said...

snout is a hilarious word. harley sorta has the jimmy durante snouts of cats.

The Island Cats said...

That was very educational, Daisy. Ernie has a shorter snout like you...but I have a longer snout like Harley.

Wally

one of Fae's humans said...

i love your short snout, Daisy. it's very much like Fae's. :)) i like Harley's snout too, though!

everyone's snout is unique. :))

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Tommy has a seriously long snout!!!

The Florida Furkids said...

MOL we love the word snout too! You have a very pretty girly snout!!

The Florida Furkids and Angel Sniffie

Shaggy and Scout said...

Scout's is always where it shouldn't be too! Stealing our foods, sniffing our butts, that kindof stuff! -Scooby & Shaggy

brokenteepee said...

I have a goat snout!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Ut oh! When we were made we forgot to get in the snout line
Benny & Lily

Katnip Lounge said...

Snout? We call it a snooter! We think that the longer the snout, the tinier the brain. Which makes Salem and Grayce and The Baby the Einsteins at our house!

Unknown said...

Fabulous snouts! Kozmo has a huge chin (for a cat) and Me, of course, has the perfect siamese profile!
Thanks for the snout out!
Kisses
Nellie

OKcats said...

Snout IS a funny word! Our mom will have to check our snouts out tonight to see if we're small, normal, or large.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I have a thin long snout as a Siamese. Ichiro has a fat one--it is square. You could have drawn that every easily...

Sparkle said...

I have a cute, dainty snout!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Sweet Praline had a flat snout!

Mom Paula

LP said...

Well the pups have muzzles so that is a whole other lesson, but we have beaks... I think.'Cause LP calls us Birds of a Feather always flocking together in our mischief making.So beaks, right? Leo and Tulip have longish beaks.Mitalee and Esme have sweet Daisy-like beaks.
the critters in The Cottage

BeadedTail said...

It was interesting to see your and Harley snouts! Ours our small but our sisfur Sadie's snout is HUGE!

Ivan from WMD said...

Daisy, I don't know what kind of a snout I have but you're right, that word is pretty funny!

The Crew said...

I think my snout is probably small 'cause the rest of me is small!

Your friend
Misty

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Snout, snout, snout...we just like saying dat word! We think all kitties haf BEYOOTIFUL SNOUTS!

Ariel said...

I have a small snout like you Daisy.Yet mom says I have a noisy snout.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Both of you have very nice sillouettes -- Daisy yours is very perfectly Devon Rex-ish.
Harley, your jaw line is quite manly.

Miles is bigger than me by one pound!
He has a huge head and a big fat tail and huge paws. He is very sturdy built. I am very light and delicate just like a bumble bee,

we both have Cornish Rex muzzles and that means a big muzzle -- huge and powerfully mancatly and cornish!

bonks!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

I have a round head so I have a short snout. Ayla is a wedgehead meezer an hers is so pointy she looks like a anteater (heh-heh). Marley has an "in our foodbowls" snout!

Iza

TRIPPER THE PSYKO STRAY CAT said...

HA HA HAHAHAHAHA! IF YOO TAKE OUT THE U YOU'VE GOT SNOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I SED SNOT!!!!

Daniela said...

I bet those snouts can smell really really good. My favorite thing to do besides eat, is smell.

xoxo
Homer

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

excuse me while I run and measure everyone's snout!!! lol!!!

Daisy you look like quite the intellectual in your specs! I love it!

Your Daily Cute said...

This is an excellent study on snouts, Daisy! Pimp has kind of a square-ish snout. I think Moo's is short like yours, but I'll have to take a closer look and see... He hardly sits still long enough to study!

Unknown said...

I've got a big, saggy, baggy, droopy, jowly one - hee! hee! (With LOTS of slobber!)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

RoySr said...

No matter the shape, form, or angle of the snout, ALL kitty snouts are made to get into, and ALL DO get into, mischief alladatime.

Just sayin .....

Joanne Olivieri said...

Daisy yours and Harley's snouts are cute. I have a long Italian snout :)

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Kirby's snout is long and Angel's is short. Snout is a very funny word!

BumbleVee said...

yours really is quite dainty and short Daisy.... and Harley's is perfect for the rest of him too...

Samantha & Mom said...

You both have lovely snouts!! We love the sound of that word, too!!
Your TX furiends,

Clooney said...

Wow, what a great tutorial Daisy! I think my snout might look like Harley's.

Flamincatdesigns said...

These snouts are interesting. I think you got short changed a bit Daisy, but you are a cutie even with a short snout. That's better than a snozzola MOL

Anonymous said...

You forgot one very important snout...a Smutty one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails