Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Treat Technique

Since I am an expert treat-eater, I thought I would share my treat technique today. The first step is the correct Look of Anticipation. You must purse your lips tightly together, as if you are about to whistle.
Next, open the mouth WIDE to take in as many treats as possible. Whiskers should be pointed up. You can use your paw to help guide the treats into the mouth.
Prepare to close the mouth to capture the treat inside!
Treat Face!
Finally, smile with satisfaction.

Share/Bookmark

64 Notes for Daisy:

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Daisy, it is such an honour to learn from an expert such as you!

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

You are SOOO cute Daisy !!!

Freya's Staff said...

What a lovely smile!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We love yoor smile Daisy. Um, is it our imajinashun or is Harley learning to tell little fibs?

weaverpat said...

Daisy, you are adorable!
My kitties are sitting here in front of the screen studying the technique so they get it just right! Better technique means more treats!!!

Mr Puddy said...

Aww !!! Daisy, Love your happy face in the last photo, I guess that's why you got lots of treat : )

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You have a very good technique Daisy, and a lovely big smile at the end.

Marg said...

Daisy, that was such a good lesson. We love the smile at the end the very best. Take care and have a great day.

Karen and Gerard said...

Love your big smile. I just throw them down in front of my cats and they gobble them up. Unfortunately for Spunky Doodle, they don't seem to agree with her stomach. I think they may cause her to vomit so I'm going to lay off them for awhile and see if it helps.

The Island Cats said...

Daisy, you make it look so effortless!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear, that last photo is a delight!

Forever Foster said...

Your treat face is so adorable, little lady.

Lin said...

I like the smile best. :)

My kitties like their treats on the floor for faster nomming.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Wow, you are such a professional, Daisy. We're so impressed with your technique -- and we just love your "happy" face!

The Meezers or Billy said...

you forgotted the "bite the fingers that feed you" tekneek

Helene said...

Ahh Daisy-I bet you have a PhD in teaching. Perfect technigue. Our cat that looks just like Harley trains the other cats to beg for him and then he moves in for the kill. Why do the work when you can train the peasants to do it for you...

Lovely smile too :-)

HH and The Boys said...

Excellent how-to guide to treat eating. I'll check the boys technique and have them read your post.

pawhugs, Max

Hannah and Lucy said...

Thanks for your words of wisdom Daisy - we think you are the bestest of teachers.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Dma said...

the boyz can only aspire to be that good of treat eaters.

Clarissa said...

Daisy, you make everything look cute! And we just love your happy face smile!!!

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Daisy, yoo are clearly an expert! Alfie always guides treats in wiv his paw, too!

Love Milo xx

Anonymous said...

I'll have to try that! LOL!

Unknown said...

Wow! Daisy, I never knew any of this! Daddy makes me shake a paw before he gives me treats, but then he just puts them down for me.
Kozmo

Trixie said...

Wow Daisy you have perfect technique and a beautiful smile. I prefer my mom to put them on the table then I will eat them.

Kali and Aswell said...

Aswell and me liked to jump jump jump when there be treats!!!

But She maked us sit we butts DOWN and wait nice.

Two French Bulldogs said...

And so adorable!
Benny & Lily

Purrfect Haven said...

just adore that happy smiley face Daisy. Love Darcy and Bingley xx

brokenteepee said...

Hmmm, Sherpa needs some practice. He almost eats the publicist's fingers!

=^..^= said...

Love your Treat Face and Satisfied Face!

~Slash & Bronzy

Gemini and Ichiro said...

You do that really well. Gemini sort of sniffs first and Ichiro just gobbles up whatever he gets. Me--I don't eat treats except fishy flaks and those are life's necessity!

Winston Wilbur said...

Oh Daisy such a professional! Mum says that I just drool and then do the treat face. Apparently she claims I am a PIG when it comes to food. PFT I would say that my fat snorting canine is the PIG! Anyways, I do use the paw technique too, Mum thinks it is cute when us kitties use the paw!


Kizzy

Alasandra, The Cats and Dogs said...

Great technique Daisy, we are headed off to practice right now. We will need lots of treats cause we wants to make sure we are doing it correctly.

Katnip Lounge said...

Just four easy steps! We must stop the endless pacing and get back to basics.

LP said...

Technique? Steps? You are amazingly disciplined Daisy! We have been known to knock things over to get to treats.Once in front of us, they disappear like magic .Some times LP isn't sure we actually got the treat, it disappears that quickly:P
the critters in The Cottage

Sparkle said...

Wow, I had no idea treat eating had so many steps!

Anonymous said...

I'll need to challenge you, Daisy at dat! I am very good with the treat technique too!

gemmak said...

I think the guiding paw is a very clever technique Daisy! :)

Admiral Hestorb said...

Daisy, mom and I just love you so much.

Pandafur said...

you haz such a pritty smile Daisy, I guess that wuz a rilly good treetz!

BeadedTail said...

Daisy, you are just adorable! Thanks for your treat tutorial!

Donna said...

Thank u for the advice! I will try to get it rite when I eats another snack. :)

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Daisy you described that perfectly!!! Very well done! Who could resist?

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

thank you for the lesson!

Theresa_BC said...

Daisy,

You have the sweetest little face and neck. I hope your Mommeh give you lots of kissies from all of us.

Love always,

Theresa, Joe and Bobby

Marilia said...

Everything for your smile!!!!! Lovely!!!

Athena said...

Daisy, thank you for your guidance! You really showed me how to do it right!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Oh this is great!! I need to practive! especially the paw up part, very good

bonkiebonks

peppylady (Dora) said...

I decided not to show Ziggy or Rosie this post. Anyhow Rosie does enough bagging here.
Ziggy is to stuck up.

Coffee is on.

Jacqueline said...

You are just adorable, sweet Daisy and we always appreciate your wise advice...kisses...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Lorenza said...

You have the perfect technique, Daisy!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

A few Good Cats said...

Yes, Daisy, that last photo looks to us as though you're saying M-M-Good!

Jo Bryant said...

So cute...
:)

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

I love your treat techniques, Daisy!!

Clooney said...

Wow Daisy, theese are such great tips! We love your smile.

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Loving the Daisy smile!

one of Fae's humans said...

awesomely illustrated tutorial, Daisy. :) if only Fae ate treats as skillfully as you.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome, I use my paw all the time to guide the treat to my mouth, but I gots toenails and sometimes Mommeh goes "Ouchie...(HBO words)"-David

Andy, Kiefer and Gus said...

Daisy,

My mom doesn't have any good treat ideas. The store stopped carrying the only treats we liked. Can you let us know what your favorite treats are and where your human gets them? We don't like the "kibble" like treats (you know the hard, crunchy ones). That's just like eating our foods.

Thanks

Gus

Bonnie Story said...

Absolutely adorable!! You technique is outstanding, each step is very important!! Humans do need guidance, it is true. Sending big smiles!!!!

Pip said...

I don't think you could be any cuter... Really, I can't think of one way.
You should give your photographer a treat too, for doing such a good job!

meowmeowmans said...

Thank you so much for sharing your expert techniques with us, sweet Daisy! :)

Catsparella said...

You have the best smile, Daisy!!!

The Furry Bambinos said...

Daisy, your Treat Photo Series is adorable! Sky is also an expert in eating treats - and in convincing Mom to dole out the treats!

Purrs,
Padre, Panda Bear, Meerkat, Cookie, Caramel, Sunny, and Sky

Maureen said...

Yep. Looks like you have that routine down PAT!

Related Posts with Thumbnails