Thursday, October 11, 2012

Environmental Enrichment

Sometimes my Mommeh likes to do something she calls "Environmental Enrichment." This is a fancy way of saying "helping me have fun."  Today we are trying a fun game with treats!
She shows me the treat, and then puts it in this cardboard tube. I am real smart, so I know the treat is inside there!
Next, I figure out how to use my paws to fish the treat out!  I like to punch the tube to see if the treat will come flying out.
Let me see... still in there!
I got it, I got it! 


Share/Bookmark

34 Notes for Daisy:

Dom said...

Good for you, Daisy! You gave me a good idea for enriching Maddie's environment—so, thanks!

Sparkle said...

My human should try this game with Binga! I bet she would enjoy it. I am not treat motivated - she would have to put a bug in there to get me excited! Hmmm... that is something to think about!

Smudge said...

Very talented girl, Daisy! I understand the enrichment thing, but why, oh why do they have to make us work for our treats??

Poppy Q said...

Good idea miss D. We just put a tube in the recycling. Mum might take it out and try that tomorrow.

Julie and Poppy q
xxx

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

Oooo...that looks like fun. We are gonna try it at home!

purrs,
Garlic & Ginger

Andy, Kiefer and Gus said...

I agree with Orbit Why do Moms think we should work for our treats? It does look fun though. Mom says I'm in the dog house. I guess sniffing out the bag of treats, ripping it open and eating almost the whole bag is naughty. Doing it twice in 2 days is especially naughty. Mom says 2nd time was her fault. She forgot the treats in the store bag, and I have super good sniffer. Have you ever been in "the dog house?" Not sure where that is.

Kief

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

I have a tiny KONG toy I sometimes use with Spunky Doodle to make her work a little bit for her food. I got the idea when I saw her batting around the dog's KONG. Glad you got the treat!

Barb said...

Grayson and Gandalf like fishing stuff out of UPS Flat Rate envelopes. Like pumpkin socks I was sending to Cory's mom. They helped me pack it, so it only too 4 times as long. Enriching, eh? hahahaha!

The Island Cats said...

You are smart, Daisy! But that seems like a lot of work to get a treat. Your mom should just hand them to you. :)

Lin said...

I tried that here, but my two knuckleheads just walk away. Or they sit there just watching me model the behavior for them. They are not as smart as you, Daisy.

Marg said...

Oh Daisy you are so very smart. We are sure going to try that with these smarty cats here. I know Two Two will pass that test. Thanks for this great idea.

Katie Isabella said...

Daisy, I love that idea! My mommy said since I do, I can try that too! I'll let you know how I do. xox

Selina said...

Daisy that's pawsome! MomKatt said she's gonna try that with us!

PURRS!
Selina

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

That looks like a lot of fun, Daisy, and quite delicious too!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Do you believe the things we must do for a treat
Benny & Lily

brokenteepee said...

You are just too smart Daisy

Angel Prancer Pie said...

You ARE smart, Daisy! That is an excellent idea. Our Mommy says she will be trying this too.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

How smart you are Daisy! I'm impressed!

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

You are very smart, Daisy! Looks like a fun game :)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

eggs cuze us for sayin sew if ewe wood but

uh....all that werk for

"A" treet

yur mom COULD be a little mor generous daisy..

we R thinkin a nice slice oh pizza wood REEEELY be enrichmint tho we wood say skip de extree cheeze...just in case it stiks ta de tube :)

Terri said...

You are a smart kitty! My cats aren't treat oriented. They do love to smell and look over anything new or different.

Tamago said...

What a fub! I sometimes play with my boys using cardboard tube, but never thought about putting treat in it. I have to try!
Daisy, you did great job taking the treat out of tube!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

That is a good game!

Mr. Black said...

Hmm. You are too smart!

How about making that game a bit more challenging? The mommeh could tape up both ends of the tube and then cut a little hole just a wee bit bigger than the treat.

LP said...

Daisy, our Mama likes to enrich our environment too! Only some of us (no name calling!) still find all sorts of trouble to get into !! :p

the critters in the cottage xo

Rose Clearfield said...

Great job, Daisy! Your mom thinks up some of the best games.

Photo Cache said...

Mama said thanks for the great idea. I think it would be tougher and funner to get our treats from now on.

Emma and Buster

meowmeowmans said...

Good job, Daisy! We'll have to try some of that environmental enrichment, too!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Uh oh! Your just gave our mom an idea!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Oh oh. We are about to be enriched!

A Tonl said...

Allie: Of COURSE you're brilliant, Daisy! Any fashionista of YOUR caliber would be, of course!

Hrm, at our home...Max would figure it out, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on Faraday. *eyeroll*

Unknown said...

Me would knows what to do, but me would never do it! Me really does not eats lots of treats!
kisses
Nellie

Poppy said...

That looks like fun, Daisy. I will have to try it with my mommy.

Poppy

Maureen said...

Oh what a great game! I must try this with my furbabies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails