Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Making a Mess

Okay, I admit to being something of a messy eater.  For some reason, we did not scarf down our breakfast this morning. It was Merrick Ocean Breeze.  I really prefer Weruva Marbella Paella when it comes to seafood.
Here I am actually eating Harley's portion.  I picked at my own, and when Harley walked away, I ate his instead!
Here is the aftermath.  By the way, these are little "cocktail plates" from Crate & Barrel. I love them because they don't interfere with our whiskers and they are inexpensive. We have about 14 of these little plates!
My Mommeh says she is glad our placemat can go into the dishwasher!
Share/Bookmark

43 Notes for Daisy:

Mickey's Musings said...

OK, you've got us beat!!!!!!
We are not nearly as messy :o heehee
But as long as you enjoy it ...right?
Cleanup is for Moms anyway,heehee
Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
Tiger,Treasure,JJ and Julie

Sparkle said...

You eat off of fancy plates AND a placemat!? We eat out of paper bowls! If my human thinks hard, she puts them on paper towels. That does it - I am COMPLAINING!

Barb said...

I switched the Gs to bowls and they make a much smaller mess now. But still.

They like to lick Merrick's but they never finish eating the foods part. I still give it to them though since the Hill's Prescription Diet c/d that Gandalf has to have for his FLUTD has caused him to gain a couple of unwanted poundages.

The bad news is that I had ordered 2 cases each of Merricks Ocean Breeze, which they like pretty good, the Grammies Pot Pie, which they tolerate and the Thanksgiving Day Dinner, which Gandalf and Gracie will lick a little bit but Grayson walks away and won't touch.

I like it because it's high-protein, low-carbs... but a healthy diet is only healthy IF they eat it. Bugger. Cats are way harder than dogs. srsly.

Donna said...

I used to put my food on the floor. Now I just nom it right from the bowl. :)

Poppy Q said...

I am not soo messy, but like you I have lots of little white plates to eat off, just a bit bigger than a can of fancy feast.

Glad you enjoyed H's dinner Miss D.

Smooches

Manny Boy said...

I play with my food too and mommy thinks I am a messy eater. Spunky is very prissy and makes no mess at all while eating, but then will sometimes vomit it up later! At least I don't do that!

Lin said...

Looks like I missed a good food fight!! Yikes.

Marg said...

Those do look like great plates. We are all messy too and usually leave some of our food. It drives the Person cuckoo.
Hope all of you have a really fun day.

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

My cats may cough up hairballs all over the house and they leave so much hair on the furniture that it looks like the couch is made of fur, and sometimes they miss the litterbox, but the one thing they never do is make a mess at dinnertime! *going over to pet them right now to give 'em some sugar*

Katie Isabella said...

WOW! I took NOTES! I have been giving mommy way too many breaks on this. I barely get any on my place mat never mind elsewhere. Do you and Harley chow down side by side there?

Katie Isabella said...

WOW! I took NOTES! I have been giving mommy way too many breaks on this. I barely get any on my place mat never mind elsewhere. Do you and Harley chow down side by side there?

Andy, Kiefer and Gus said...

Daisy, it's good that you can admit you aren't perfect. Your mom is smart to use a place mat. Our mom uses bowls and we are pretty good at keeping the food in the bowl, but not always. The v e t said to try using a big plate to try and spread out the food so Mr. Andy doesn't scarf and barf. So far, mom hasn't done it yet. She can't figure out where to put the food - the kitchen is really small.

Hannah and Lucy said...

We have a place mat and eat side by side like you two but we have different foods as we are (in Mum's words) finicky - we think selective is a much better word!
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Dma said...

Diego-san loves the fact that Thompson is a messy eater. He hovers around Thompson and then eats all the extra food.

Unknown said...

HuMom loves the plates. She uses a white saucer from Corningwear because they are pretty flat and don't break easily. Me and Hitch eats on our cat trees in different rooms. The Ginger Twins, Pumpkin and Tiger eats cat foods upstairs in the huMom-mom's room. Mostly though they eats DOGFOOD in the kitchen. They push Lizzie away from the plate and helps themselves. We know it's not good for them but they are sneaky. We think they are disgusting! Dogfood? Yucky! Lizzie cleans up anything we kitties leave behind if she can get to it. That's why cat food is put on the cat tree. Maybe Lizzie needs a dog tree to keep her foods safe?

Gone appetite!

Purrs to you,
Hitch and Mistletoe

Jean(ie) said...

Wow! That's some passionate eating, Daisy!

Terri said...

Odd how animal pals find the other's food better tasting...

Unknown said...

OK - I have tried all sorts of bowls, and the placemat always looks disgusting. Under the placemat is a pull toy little wooden wagon (just because it appealed to me) and I can move the whole lot to clean. As of today, things are going to change. Page bowls, Yes! Paper towels, Yes! (wagon stays for my amusement)

Unknown said...

I meant paper bowls.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow! You have your own plates. How cool is that?! And those look really tasty! We like our Weruva and that's about all we eat which drives our person mad!

Marilia said...

MOL.

Mr. Black said...

Well, this took me by surprise. You are such a pristine cat that I would never have thought you were a messy eater.

And, it is nice to have dishes that don't scrinch up your whiskers. I have a favorite yellow bowl that is just right...with low sides.

Kal said...

You have ruined the illusion for me. I like to think that Daisy is a delicate lady...not a messy one.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

we likes ta due that two daisy; eat each otherz foods... coz de foodz tastes way diffrunt on de other plate...even if it is de same stuff...itz knot...

The Furry Kids said...

Dear Daisy,
I think that if you had a dawg at your house, he or she would be able to clean up the foods mess. I would be happy to apply for that position. You and Harley do not strike me as ear chompers, unlike the cats at my house. Please let me know if you'd like my help.

Your pal,
Titus

Ivan from WMD said...

Daisy, you need the Russell Vac-o-Matic 2000, like I have! He will never leave a crumb and your mommeh would NEVER have to wash another plate!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Messy eater, BOL to say the least
Benny & Lily

LP said...

Tulip is a messy eater too Daisy. The rest of us are fairly tidy. Your Mama has a good clean-up system there :)


the critters in the cottage xo

Rose Clearfield said...

Oh my, messy messy! How smart of your mommy to put down a tray. And how lucky of you to get Crate and Barrel plates. Those plates do look perfect for kitties.

brokenteepee said...

What a little slobby cat! You are as bad as the Farm cats Daisy. I would have thought you would have been a dainty eater.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

You are a messy bessy! We only make a mess when Kirby rakes the kibble out of the bowl!

Photo Cache said...

that is some mess you had there. buster is the same way. mama is tired of yelling at buster to keep it neat.

emma and buster

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

My goodness you are a messy eater Daisy. Mum tells us we are messy when we get 2 or 3 bits on the floor.

Karen Delaney said...

When we started making and feeding raw, we bought a pile of 6 inch square plates from world market that could go in the dishwasher, enough so there were always 4 clean plates. We've given up on raw and gone to Blue Mountain Wilderness, but the plates work so well we've kept using them. I like them because I'm a huge klutz and they are cheap. lol

Winston Wilbur said...

Daisy! you guys makes as much mess as Kizzy does! She is such a pig when she eats... food everywhere. Tika on the other hand leaves not a crumb. She is very tidy. Both girls do eat the others food when the other walks away. I just don't understand you cats! you haven't finished your own and you chow down on your siblings food!

Cara n Crew said...

hee hee! you are just a little bit messy, Daisy! we like your plates. we like wide dishes like that too; we'll have to check those out.

Pip, Smidgen, Minnie, Hollie

Sweet Purrfections said...

Brulee makes a mess when she eats, so Mom Paula is trying to find some plates that have sides that also have plenty of room for our flat faces.

We eat the Merrick, but on the feather flavored foods. Our favorite is Turducken.

Unknown said...

We is messy eaters, but we has to share the same dish! (and the same litter box!) And we is very messy!
So are the hairy slobbery sisters!
Kisses
Nellie

Unknown said...

Whoa ! thats really messy but in a nice way. They are lucky they have all that choices .
We only have 3 choices in this part of the world. Itehr wiskas , MEO and wiskers.
Thats about.

Have a nice day

A Tonl said...

Allie: *giggle* We have special plates too. No whisker interference is critical we say.
Faraday is the messy one in our home *shakes head* He gets his EVERYwhere....

Texas, a Cat in... Austin said...

I don't know if the humans do something or what but it always seems that our furriends' or fur family's food is better than our own...
Purrs

Poppy said...

Wow, it's a good thing you have a placemat! Confession: I am a little bit of a messy eater, too.

Poppy

Maureen said...

Yep, your Mommeh is very smart to use a placemat! I think I should use one for Dakotah... she is the messiest of all here! And why does someone else's meal taste better than their own? I ask Tawnee that all the time because she is always raiding the others' bowls.

Related Posts with Thumbnails