Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ticked Off

Now that I am older, I am much wiser.  Here I am playing with my Tick Crackler toy back in 2008. See, I didn't even realize back then that ticks are bad! In fact, I was holding the tick ONTO my head. What a dummy I was!

Now I am nine. Years. So, I realize that having a big tick on your head is not a good thing. Just sit very still and eventually the tick will go away.  A Hard Look helps, too. This is where the expression "ticked off" originated. 
Has anyone else ever had a tick on their head?
Share/Bookmark

31 Notes for Daisy:

Poppy Q said...

Cute Miss D - you look very ticked off.

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

"Ticked off"
*mol*
*mol*
*mol*

The Island Cats said...

We've never had a tick on our heads, Daisy...and we bet that one didn't last long on yours.

Marg said...

Some of us have actually had a tick on our heads, but the real thing. We had that same look on our faces. Take care.

The Furry Kids said...

Angel Titus had a head full of fleas once because he eated a bunny in the backyard. Mama had that same look as you. MOL

Love,
Tazo

Dma said...

i'm impressed. the first photo indicates you used to have a facial tick that you've since gotten rid of. most of us are stuck with our facial ticks for our entire lives.

Unknown said...

Our mommy has and she said it really, really hurt and that it wasn't cute like yours is. She also said that when she was little and made faces like that her mom always told her not to it or her face would freeze that way. Mommies sure can be silly, but so can kitties as you have demonstrated. Purrs and hugs to you and Harley from the kitties at www.thecatonmyhead.com, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette

Texas, a Cat in... Austin said...

MOL!
Daisy, you are so cute!
I had a real tick just below my eye. Twice! Didn't like it!
Purrs

brokenteepee said...

Ooooh be careful that tick doesn't suck up all your bloods.

Forty Paws said...

Hah hah! That is very funny Daisy! Where do you get all of your humor from?

Luf, Us

Jenna and Sissy said...

We think that is a very cute tick. We think your "ticked off" face is even cuter :)

Tamago said...

LOL! Thank you for teaching the origin of "ticked off" expression!

Rose Clearfield said...

You look crabulated better than anyone, Daisy.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Fortunately no. I am not sure I could give it a hard enough look...

Sparkle said...

No ticks here! Neither the nasty kind or the fun kind. Although the cat before me did have a tick once! On Christmas day - and they are uncommon enough here that my human took her to the emergency clinic to find out how to get it off!

Unknown said...

When our HuMom worked for FedEx she had to collect the packages from a Dropbox every day. ( rather like a mail carrier picking up the mail at a mailbox) so one day as she was fastening her seatbelt she saw several ticks crawling on her shirt. She jump out and shook like a crazy person to get them off and when she got home she washed her hair and combed through it really well. The some thing happen the next day. By the third day she figured out that the ticks were in the tree over the Dropbox and were falling out as the breeze shook the tree. Turns out the people sending packages from that box also complained and FedEx had the tree sprayed and the HuMom learned to be even quicker at her job.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

You do look very ticked off, Daisy! But, you sure look adorable in that first picture :)

Marilia said...

Daisy, beautiful hat!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

I had a big fat tick right on my butt once... ~ Iza

Shaggy and Scout said...

Thank yo for the linguistics lesson Daisy. We never knew!!!

Mo and The Purries said...

Oh Daisy, you always make us smile!
We had no idea that is where the phrase "ticked off" came from! Thanks!

Donna said...

Mom and Dad had to get me cleaned of bad bugs once. I glad ai don't have bugs anymore.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

daisy...but ya gotta add mit thoze kitty hoots R de best !!! sum of em ya canna get noe mor...that tick mite bee a collectorz item N werth $78,345.93 !!!

Michael said...

Daisy, you are a good history teacher! Thanks for teaching us all about the "ticked off" expression.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Daisy, we have never seen a tick. Mom said the first one she saw was when she was a kid and it was attached behind her own ear. Well, she did not see it, she felt it! Her Mom was ticked off over that!

Poppy said...

I hate ticks! I had one in December in my armpit. The vet got it out. It got on me while we were Christmas tree shopping. Eww.

Poppy

Pee Ess: your feets are very cute in the first picture

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I have had some ticks on my head Daisy, but they weren't cute like yours. Sometimes there are sheep in the field next to ours, and if they sneak into our field, sometimes they bring ticks with them. It isn't fair because Flynn never gets them, only me.
Eric

Unknown said...

Yous had a toy that long!?! Wowzers! Me is most impressed.
Kisses
Nellie

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

My dear, only you could make a tick look fashionable.

Sasha said...

We do not want ticks. Nasty ticks.
Princess Aurora (Shubunkin)

ShellePenn said...

Ticked off... HAHAHAHAHAHA :)
When mom read the blog title before she got to see the pictures she was wondering what Harley had done now...

Shelle, Milo, Dixie and Newby,
http://simpaticodreams.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails