Thursday, May 9, 2013

Reaching for Treats

The bad thing about treats is they always seem to be just out of my reach! Usually I just try to gently raise my paw, and lots of times that works to bring the hand to my mouth.
Sometimes I have to stretch myself a little bit taller.
And if I really can't reach, I can stand on my hind legs like a dancing bear to get the treats.
Once the hand gets in my mouth, I have learned to hold on tightly so it doesn't disappear. Sometimes I must use my teeth. But only in an emergency.


Share/Bookmark

28 Notes for Daisy:

Sparkle said...

When my human is doling out the treats, Binga practically bites her finger off!

Barb said...

Do Dancing Bears have many emergencies? Do you suppose the emergency ratio would be the same for Dancing Daisy? Can Harley Hula?

Inquiring minds... =)

Happy Thursday, honey pies!

Manny Boy said...

I don't have to work for my treats. My mom just adds them in with my supper. Spunky doesn't usually get any though because she has such a sensitive stomach.

Junk Drawer Kathy said...

I have treat emergencies most days of the week. It's usually not a problem because I can just take them from a bowl my boss keeps in her office. However, it's really an emergency if she's not there and the door is locked. No amount of bear dancing gets me to the bowl, as I cannot walk through doors. *sigh*

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Oh dear Daisy, we wish you could have the treats just tossed to you like we do evry night while TBT eats his dinner...

Dma said...

You have the treat retrieval technique mastered.

The Island Cats said...

You work hard to get those treats, Daisy.

Marg said...

Good job Daisy. Glad you got that treat. Take care.

sandyland said...

I'd give her a treat anytime!!

Katie Isabella said...

Daisy, you have it worked out purrfectly. MY mom would have handed the treat over with that gently lifted paw.

Selina said...

Awww sweetie you'll ALWAYS get treats 'cause you're so SWEET!

Love
Selina

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Looks like today might have been an emergency. MOL! Have a great Thursday, Daisy!

HH and The Boys said...

That's a great step-by-step lesson in treat grabbing. We'll have to save that for future reference.

Have a great day.

hugs, Bugsy and Knuckles

Two French Bulldogs said...

Thank goodness you can reach that teaser hand with the treats. We just don't understand why they don't leave the out for us
Benny & Lily

Kitties Blue said...

Your human sure makes you work hard for your treats. No wonder you stay so petite and trim. You are your usual adorable self in these photos. Purrs and hugs from the kitties at The Cat on My Head, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette

Donna said...

My hoomin likes to put the noms on teh floor. :)

GLOGIRLY said...

I'm going to share your tutorial with Orange Crush (aka Waffles) ... Glogirly will appreciate it.
: ) Katie

Gemini and Ichiro said...

You are nicer than I am. I would never work that hard for a treat.

Rose Clearfield said...

It looks like you have a great technique, Daisy!

meowmeowmans said...

That's the same technique that Moosey uses, Daisy. Great job!

Jenna and Sissy said...

We don't think kitties should have to work so hard for their treats, do you?

brokenteepee said...

You are an excellent treat getter!

Marilia said...

OMG! Lovely!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

You really had to work for that treat. We do not blame you for hanging on to the hand

Poppy said...

You have good balance! When I stand on my back legs like that, we call it "prairie dog." It is one of my most advanced moves.

Poppy

Photo Cache said...

Daisy, our mama couldn't feed us like that. We don't take anything from their hands into our mouth. We instruct them to put the treats (yes plural) in the food bowl and then we eat :)

Emma and Buster

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

I no how it is Daisy !
Me too have to work for my treats *sigh*

Unknown said...

Mes wont does ANYTHING for treats! If Mommy will not gives them too me, me walks away and ignores her forever! Same with Daddy!.
However, Kozmo is a treat monster! All mommy has to does is shake the bag and like the cats in TV, he comes running!
Kisses
Nellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails