Friday, May 15, 2009

Fashion Friday: It's Straw Hat Day!

Did you know today is Straw Hat Day? I learned that when most men wore hats, Straw Hat Day is the day when they switched from wearing their winter hats to their summer hats. It's a sign of the beginning of summer! A straw hat can be good to take to the beach, along with some cool shades.
Here I am modeling my cute straw hat. This hat is a little bit too big on me. On account of I got a small head. So I am going to let Harley try it out.
Harley, I am not sure that is a very fashionable way to wear a straw hat. Try again!
That's much better! I can see you tried to copy my pose.
Harley and I would like to wish everybuddy a happy Straw Hat Day!

Share/Bookmark

84 Notes for Daisy:

Karen & Gerard Zemek said...

Thanks, you too! I sometimes wear my jungle safari straw hat to the zoo, but only if it's not windy. It's a little too big for my small head too and blows off very easily!

joe-ann said...

your cat must be an actress.she did very well.nice one.

Cheyenne -Millie said...

Such cute photos! You are so fashionable in that hat! Harley is cute too! Mom wears a hat almost every day!

Cat with a Garden said...

You two are the best! Harley, is it pawsible that you have become even more handsome recently?
Happy Straw Hat Day!

Poppy Q said...

Happy straw hat day to you Daisy and harley. I am afraid I don't do hats, at all, ever.

Have a nice weekend lovelies.

Anonymous said...

What a cute straw hat! I don't know about the pink ribbon for Harley....but he carries it off nicely. Great job you two, we love your fashion shows!

Anonymous said...

Daisy and Harley, you both did a great job modeling that Straw Hat!

And once more, Mom is in complete awe that your Mom can get you to wear hats because nothing lasts one single second on our heads!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Oh my goodness Daisy....look how sweet Harley looks in your hat! I have never seen such crisp pretty photos!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Your chapeaux are khwite snazzy!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

You both look adorable in your straw hats! Just be grateful you're not here, though. It's pouring with rain and definitely NOT a straw hat day!

Teddy Westlife said...

Happy straw hat day to you both too! It is not straw hat day in Australia.

Huffle Mawson

Mary said...

Daisy & Harley...I love your hat and I hope you have a great SHD too!

The Monkeys said...

You both look great in the hat! Your pose is perfect, Daisy! No wonder Harley copies you

AM said...

You both look beautiful in your straw hats, but we especially like the last photo. The way Harley is wearing the hat over one eye gives him that mysterious look.

HMS said...

Hello Harley, Tell Daisy that you were pretending to be Tom Sawyer in your first pose.

Unknown said...

Aw...that last picture of Harley is so cute!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane
ps, my human wants to say thank you to your human for her support recently.

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

YOU BOTH LOOK GREAT! Daisy, I ordered your card online and got it in on Monday! I had it personalized for Tatum's graduation! Perfection!!!

Whitey said...

Daisy, guess what? Mom entered me in the SMILE2 Contest!

The Island Cats said...

Happy Straw Hat Day to you two too! You both look good in that hat! Even if it is a little big for you, Daisy!

Zoey is celebrating today too!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Those are some great pictures of each of you with the straw hats. Harley is getting pretty good with the posing.

Meghann said...

Oh I wish my cat had let me dress him up! Or if my dog would now, though she is a bit big at 50 pounds to look as cute as you. Love the straw hat!

i beati said...

Yesterday I saw a straw hat all covered in birds!!My cat is coming home from the hospital in a few days






``

CCL Wendy said...

Those are such purrecious shots of Daisy and Harley in the straw hat! Too funny, the way they both hunker down like the hat is too heavy or something! What a hoot!

The Creek Cats said...

Happy Straw Hat Day!! You both look great in your straw hats!
Dixie Dog is wearing her straw hat today!

The Meezers or Billy said...

Happy Straw Hat day!!!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Harley looked adorable in the straw hat. It was way to big for you but you still managed to look gorgeous. ~S,S,C & F

PS: you are a very good modeling instructor Daisy.

Split Rock Ranch said...

And a Happy Straw Hat day to you, too, Daisy and Harley! Enjoy the day.

Anonymous said...

I liked the way Harley was wearing the hat...

Unknown said...

So sweet!

The Florida Furkids said...

You and Harley both look good in that straw hat. Harley is really learning from you.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

ZOOLATRY said...

You both look good in your straw hats. And specially since they
are "real" (as we only have "pretend" ones on our heads!).

JD at I Do Things said...

Happy Straw Hat Day, Daisy and Harley! I think you both look adorable in the hat. Daisy, you may have a small head, but you have an undeniable fashion sense.

Dma said...

i did not know today was straw hat day. i'll have to put away my wool hat. good job in teaching harley the proper way to wear a straw hat.

BooBoo said...

If I had that hat it would be a pile of straw in no time.

Cory said...

Daisy, you and Harley could be selling straw hats in a Cat-a-log...great modeling skills.

jenianddean said...

Happy Straw Hat Day. You two wear it well!
--Jasper

Country Cats said...

You both look great in that straw hat.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

happy straw hat day to you both, and you two look so cute in the hat!

is there cake to celebrate?

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxo

Maureen said...

Aw, you BOTH look terrific in the straw hat! And you BOTH are terrific posers too. Er, I mean that in the kindest sense, that you POSE so well for the camera! Happy Straw Hat Day to you too!

Janet said...

You both look adorable however you wear the hat! Happy Straw Hat Day to you!

Phyl said...

Daisy, you are indeed a fashion queen. And Harley is very handsome in the straw hat too.

Puglette said...

you both look adorable in the straw hat! i love straw hats, i have a lovely one that hubby bought for me. i used to have a pink one that my dad bought for me...
have a great friday!!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Hansel said...

daisy! i love your modeling with the hat! it's fantastic!

Forever Foster said...

That looks like it would be considered advanced modelling, with the balancing AND looking cute and fashionable. You two get full marks:)

Your Daily Cute said...

Happy Straw Hat Day! You two look absolutely smashing in your straw hats!

Unknown said...

We apPAWlaude yoo! We dun like hats or clothes at all. Yoo both make it look so easy to wear though. Maybe ... after A LOT of catnip we can wear a hat too.

Amy & the house of cats said...

I like your hat pictures - I didn't realize today was straw hat day until I saw it at Miss Peach's - I guess I am the only one who didn't know. I do know today is the official day that it is safe to plant here, so it makes sense that it would be the day to change to a summer hat!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

YOu two are such good models! you make it look effortless. WE did no know about Straw hat day. We thought men changed hats at Easter like women changed shoe and accessories to white!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Happy STraw Hat day to you and Harley!!

clothing accesories said...

Hey, come to your blog by following a link, I love cats, but these are the most adorable thing I have seen, as it did to stay still for photographs.

LOL Cats said...

You both are so cute. Harley your so lucky to have a big sister like Daisy to teach you the modeling ropes.

The Furry Kids said...

Happy Straw Hat day!!!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

You both look very good in your straw hat! I think it would be a cool place to hide under if you were tired of photos.

brokenteepee said...

Your head is just the right size!
Happy Straw Hat Day to you...I think I would try and eat your straw hat. Hmmmm

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Considering how hard it is to wear hats yoo two did an outstanding job. Daisy, yoor head is not to small da hat is to big...yoor head is purrfect.

Anonymous said...

Our Mama wishes we'd let her put straw hats on us. She can keep on wishing!
Pee Ess: You two look great:)

Noll's Nip said...

Don't have one but I likes yours a lot. HSH Day to you both!

Luzinha said...

beautiful pictures, Daisy! you are very fashion! stylish! you have class, and Harley too, of course!

happy straw hat day, dear!

all the best and kisses for you all!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Wenever knew about Straw Hat Day!
Probably 'cause up here in the north we never know when spring is going to come!!
You both look great!

The Creek Cats said...

Daisy, thank you so much for your kind and comforting words for our mom!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Oh my goodness!!! You both look very cute in that straw hat!!

L. Alida said...

Oh my goodness! You two look fabulous in your straw hats! You are both so good to pose so nicely for your Mommie. She sure does a great job capturing your cuteness! :)
Happy straw hat day sweeties!
Hugs,
Lorianna

Scrooge said...

I don't has a straw hat for straw hat day.

But I am glad. I think straw hat day must be just for peoples and cats.

Theresa111 said...

You models are like two peas in a pod. So cute! :D

Love,

Theresa and Bobby

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You both look very good in your straw hat. We wouldn't wear a straw hat though, or any other hat for that matter.We might chew it though.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Happy Straw Hat Day Daisy and Harley!

Liss said...

Oh happy straw hat day to you too.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Both of you are doing great~!

Donna said...

I will have to use a baseball hat. :)

GSD Adventures said...

Happy Straw Hat Day to you both! We had no idea!!!

Wags,
Pruett and Daphne

Janet Roper said...

Hi Daisy,
I didn't realize there was an official Straw Hat Day - thanks for letting me know. You and Harley look great in the hat!
Harmony,
Janet

Quill and Greyson said...

It looks hard to lift your little heads!

Jans Funny Farm said...

None of us have your problem of a small head, Daisy. And neither does Harley. The hat does fit him better.

Karen Jo said...

Happy Straw Hat Day, Daisy and Harley! Both of you look good in the straw hat, though I must admit that it fits Harley better.

Lorenza said...

Happy Straw Hat Day!
I did not know about it but sure is nice you two enjoyed it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Mo and The Purries said...

I tried and tried to photoshop a straw hat on to jaz's picture, but it was more frustrating than fun... and I couldn't find my actual straw hat (well, it's seagrass but close enough, right?) that I took with me to Egypt.
Hope you all had a great Friday, and thanks for the smiles with the straw hat pictures!

Motor Home Cats said...

Daisy and Harley, you both look very cute in your straw hat. Harley, you are definately becoming a professional model.

Tavi, Cody, Camie, Miss Jade and Gracie

Katie said...

That last picture especially is really good, it is obvious that you have been teaching Harley some great posing tips!

But while you are getting out the straw hat, I need to get my beanie because it's getting colder here! I wish it was getting warmer!

Skeezix the Cat said...

OMC, I never knowed it was straw hat day, and I DON'T HAVE A STRAW HAT TO WARE!!!! I am so imberrist!

Black Cat said...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Happy Straw Hat Day you gorgeous ones!

^^
oo
=<>=
~~

:) xxx

Asta said...

Daisy
Happy Stwaw Hat Day to you too.
Even though it's too big fow youw delicate little head, you look gowgeous in youw stwaw hat, and Hawley is leawning evewything pawfectly fwom you
smoochie kisses
ASTA

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello harley its dennis the vizsla dog hay dada lukd at that first pikcher of yoo in the hat and sed "badjes??? we dont need no steenking badjes!!!" i hav no ideea wot he is tawking abowt as per yoozual ha ha ok bye

Colby and Cheddar said...

Dese are da bestest straw hat pikshurs! We luvs how pretty Miss Daisy looks, and how...um...well, Harley, you look furry cute too!

juno said...

i also love kittens..looks like you are very close to your kitty

Related Posts with Thumbnails