Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Whiskerless Wednesday

It is me again, Pixie. The whiskers on Devon Rex cats can become very brittle and break off. I used to have long curly whiskers, but now I just have little whisker nubs. I have a few whiskers left in my eyebrows. See how soft my fur looks? If you click to enlarge, you can see the frizzly hairs in my ears too!

ps: Daisy seems a little bit worried and preoccupied today. I have seen her in the office studying a book called "101 Ways to Git and Keep yer Man." And she is taking lots of notes.

Share/Bookmark

34 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

You have lovely curly fur Pixie! :) You must be so soft to touch. I have very very short, curly whiskers so I know what it's like not to have a lot of whiskers.

Daisy sounds like she's getting ready for Valentine's Day. *whispers* I think she has a crush on Skeezix!

Lilly Lu, Iris and Maxwell Mufsa Millon said...

Pixie I luff your wiskers stubs tell daisy when she finshed I babby Iris need to browwer her book for my doddy. He just a kiten but a ohh so speical kitten. It sound like disy getting ready for vitines day and I fink Sleezix wants her to be her vainite they could go to the party wereing pink


Babby Iris

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you get along fine without whiskers. I don't know what I'd do without mine!

The M's said...

I think that you have the softest curly fur, wish I had curly hair....Missy

Carolina Cats said...

Hi Miss Pixie! You do have lovly furrs, mom wants to kno do you shed a lot and are the furrs reely curly that you shed? I have furry long long wiskers, so if you need enny I can send you some of mine.

Yore frend Buddy Longwhiskers

Forty Paws said...

Wow! No whiskers! What happens if you need to go in a tunnel that might be too small? How can you tell?
Poor Daisy. Tell her to try not to worry too much. All she has to do is flash her beautiful smile and she's got him.
Luf, Us

sammawow said...

Pixie, your curly fur looks so very soft. We have lots and lots of whiskers here - in fact our Lady finds them in different places around the house when they fall out!

Good luck to Daisy with that book!

China Cat & Willow

LZ said...

Oh Pixie, you look SO soft and snuggly and beautiful! I have plenty of extra whiskers so you need not worry about that. I love seeing pictures of you, my curliest charmer ;).

Your Man Cat,
Chase

Around Your Wrist said...

hi there pixie! glad you get a chance to blog every now and then. it sounds like have LOTS to say.

is it ok with you to not have many whiskers? did you know that whoopi goldberg doesn't have any eyebrows? (i know human eyebrows don't have quite the same function as our whiskers...but it is good company you're in!)

--suz

Emma's Kat said...

I love your curly wavey hair Pixie! Wish I could reach thru the screen and pet it!

Tara said...

Such lovely fur, and a beautiful pose. I think you look just fine without whiskers. Tara

Anonymous said...

I don't much mind not having any whiskers left. It makes my face more kissable. My fur hardly sheds at all, and it is supposed to be hypoallergenic!

Spoon of life said...

Pixie I think you're so darn cute!!!
M.

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Oh, you and Katie both have lost some whiskers.
That sounds like an intresting book...

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Pixie

Yur furrs look furry soft and silky. Momma sayz I have dey softest furrs of any of us kitties. Dat makes me feel gud when she tells me dat.

Gracie

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Pixie, yoo are such a kyootie. To bad I alredy got a gerlfrend and yoo are alredy in Chase's harem. I don't think Daisy needs dat book, it sounds like bof Jeter Harris and Skeezix are looking to hook up wif her.~Speedy

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

You are very lovely Pixie......with or without whiskers!

Daisy doesn't need to read that book....Skeezix can love more than one girl at a time!

Myst (Muddy's Brother) said...

Wow! I can not imagine a life with almost no whiskers. Good luck to you both.

The Crew said...

Oh Pixie, I'm sorry I didn't know you were Daisy's sister. I'll add your link to my Love is in the Air posting today.

And Daisy, we all think Skeezix is going to ask you to the big Valentines's Party at BeauBeau & Angie's. Say YES! You know, Skeezy is quite a catch for some lucky girl!

Love,
Tipper

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

Hi Pixie, We Bad Kitty Cats were whiskerless for a while. Our surrogate Dad Elijah would pluck them out of our eye brows and face. Then when they would start to grow back he would pluck them out again. Our mama was really upset! Oh and Biscuit she was whiskerless. The Girl Child had those sharp cutting things out and she walked into them purring and was left without her face whiskers on one side. I still think the Girl Child did it on purpose. She likes to squish her kitty cats and kiss us too much. Do your whiskers grow back? We still think you are beautiful no matter what!

Tea Cup & Zed and those other Bad Kitty Cats

Kimo and Sabi said...

Our advice (and we is dudes, so we knows what dudes like) - just be yerself :)

Mr. Hendrix said...

Oh Pixie, what purty curly hair you have! I never noticed the wavy before. You do look soft and that chin just needs some scritching! You're so sweet.

I can't wait to see if Daisy & Skeezix are added to the "couples" list. They'll be the best dressed couple on the web!

Anonymous said...

Pixie :-) You are so pretty I love the color of your furrrr

Caesar and Prinnie do not have whiskers either, haha. I was just looking at Caesar's muzzle last night. He doesn't even have stubbbies, hahahahahaha

(((hugs))) and pets

Anonymous said...

maybe it'd be a good thing if i didn't haf wiskers cuz i like ta sleep wif my hed on the Lady's cheek an last nite my wiskers wuz ticklin' her an she sneezed an woked me up.
Cocoa

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Hi Pixie. Nice to see you again. You're a beautiful cat even without whiskers. One time the woman we live with got her eyebrows waxed too much and she had very thin eyebrows for quite some time.

Anonymous said...

You have very lovely curly fur! Very elegant.

Max said...

Hmmm...the Woman has whisker stubs, too. You look much better in them...

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer pixie,
u curly catz ar verree byootiful.
whiskerz or no whiskerz.
luv--yer frend--jh
wutz "hypoallergenic"?

Unknown said...

I'm shur the wite rat will comment later on, but rite now he's got his noze stuk in a book --- he's reeding "101 Ways to Ask a Kerly Gerl Cat to go with yoo to Beau Beau and Angie's Valentine's Party without Wetting yer Pants."

Daisy said...

ohhhh my goodness! That is verrrry exciting.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Hi Pixie! Say it with me: "Daisy's got a boyfriend! Daisy's got a boyfriend!"
DMM

Kitikata-san said...

Oh Pixie, with or without whiskers, you are just darling!

Lux said...

That Daisy!

You look precious, Pixie - but do you have any trouble navigating? I heard somewhere whiskers are supposed to help us in the dark. (I just use my eyes.)

INAMINI said...

You are a furry pretty kitty, Pixie. I would personally like to fun my paws through your fur, but you haf a boyfrend, and he mite kill me. I like being alive!
LOKi

Related Posts with Thumbnails