Friday, February 2, 2007

Look what I made!!!

Today is my Daddie's birthday! He was borned on Groundhog day. Look what I made him! It is a PENCIL CUP! I made it by gluing all kinds of crunchy treats to the outside of a can. I am very, very proud of the present I made. Do you think he will like it?
See, for safety I put blue tape around the sharp edges of the can. And it looks pretty that way, too.
Here is a close-up of the pencil cup. It is just like a real mosaic! And, there are even some Temptations in there. It looks like it is stuck on with gum, but I used Liquid Nails; I wanted to make sure it was strong! If he doesn't like the present, I can eat it! But I think he will like it. He might even put it in his office!
My sister Pixie helped me wrap the present, because I am Not Allowed to use scissors by myself. Doesn't it look pretty? Happy Birthday, Daddie!
ps: I support the Wear Red day. My Mommie is wearing a RED shirt today to show her support and raise awareness for womens' heart disease.

Share/Bookmark

33 Notes for Daisy:

Jack, Persephone, Tenzing and Lancelot said...

That's a beautiful present, Daisy! I'm sure he'll LOVE it!! And if he gets hungry while he uses his pencils, he can have a snack!

Anonymous said...

you are awfully clever Daisy & very disiplined not to eat it instead of make it.
We bet he loved it

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

mi hart can't take da grate talent an byootee u display ... now dat i have lost da possibilitee uv havin u az a valentine ... (thanx alot skeez!)
an if u hav vizited da grate kimo + sabi ... u will see dat silky haz a noo boyfrend.
duhr.
i've consulted rocky da gutter cat. i'm not sure dat'z da rite thing to do fer me.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That's a great present Daisy! You are very talented. :) Happy Birthday to your dad. As we say in Germany: Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag!

Christine and FAZ said...

Hi Daisy, I've been too busy to blog the last few days and I've really missed you. I love the present - I would sure love one of those myself. You are definitely and without a doubt the most talented cat I know. FAZ

Around Your Wrist said...

your daddie is lucky to be getting such a present! i'm sure he won't mind if you have a nibble every now and then.

--suz

Forty Paws said...

That's a wonderful present Daisy!! Your daddy will love it! Efurrytime he looks at it, he will think of you. How thoughtful. Tell your daddy Happy Purrfday from the Forty Paws!
Luf, Us

LZ said...

Wow, that must have taken a really long time and lots of patients. I would have eaten it I think. I'm sure he's going to love it.

Kaze
(Mom's wearing a red shirt too!)

Anonymous said...

Daisy,

You are so crafty! I never would have thought of doing that with my crunchies!

And what a great sister you have to help you use the scissors! Scissors are very dangerous for a cat your age to use, so it is good to have an older sister to help.

Elvin

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

That is a very cute present! I bet your Dad will love it!

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

That is a great gift!! Everyone loves eating treats! The gift wrapping is super cute too!
Good job!

The Crew said...

What a creative present! I'm sure your Dad will love it.

Our Mom has heart disease, but she didn't know she was supposed to wear red today. But Max is wearing his red collar, so maybe that counts!

Love,
Tipper

Anonymous said...

Oh Daisy... my favorite blogging kitty... this is such a wonderful treat, I mean present for your daddie. I think he will love it!!!
I bet it was quite fun to make.... kind of like making a ginger bread house, where you can eat half of the decorating materials.

~*girls*~ they are sooo creative and crafty

I hope you have a great day today celebrating your daddie's birthday
yay yay yay party time!!!

Spoon of life said...

You are GOOD!!!
It looks adorable!!!

Hey feel free to stop by at my "place" I posted some pics of Ben:)

M.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

Dat is a furry gud prezzie fur yur Daddy! I noos he will likes it... no no he will lub it! Yu are lookin furry purrty today...and tell yur Daddy HAPPY Purrday!

Abby

The M's said...

I promised you a recipe for Snow Cream, BTW it's safe for cats.

One can of Milnot (evaporated skim milk)
One cup of sugar
One teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
Mix in large bowl

Add fresh snow, mix about 1-2 cups of snow each time until well mixed, continue to add more snow until thick, serve.

Skeezix the Cat said...

Oh, Daisy, yoo are so thotfull to make yer dad a prezint, and yer so TALINTED to make it yerself insted of just ordering it frum the innernets! It is the most byootifullist pensil kup I've ever seen in my hole entire life! I'm shur it will be the best prezint he gits for his berthday.

I'm reely werried abowt the storms in Florida and hope yer okay!!! I herd peepul were kild. I hope thare wernt any storms ware yoo live! If yoo wunt, yoo can come to live with us until the danjerus storms go away!

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow Daisy, you is furr furry talnted! i would haf eaten it. - Miles

Anonymous said...

we're gettin' hungry just lookin' at it. bet your dad's gonna love it. you must really really really love him to even give up your Temptations for him. what a sweet girl you are!

Anonymous said...

by the way - we LOVED your wrapping job!

Anonymous said...

You are very talented and very disciplined to make a pencil cup with your treats. It's beautiful and I'm sure your Dad will love it. Happy Birthday to your Dad. I'm wearing a red shirt today.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Dat is a luvly purrezzunt furr yer dad. If we did it, Eric wud eet the treats an I wud eet the payper.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Your daddy's present looks ... yummy. I like that you used Greenies, Temptations, and Nutro Max Cat to make your mosaic. Your daddy might get tempted to taste his pencil holder (or you might).

Tell him "happy birthday" from the Feline Americans.
DMM

Just Ducky said...

You are very creative Daisy with that pencil cup for your Dad. Hope he liked it. Mum wore red today too, but mum wears red a lot.

Lux said...

That was so sweet of you to do that, Daisy! Happy Birthday to your Daddy!

Kimo and Sabi said...

Yur daddie should LOVE it...and if he doesn't WE WOULD LOVE IT (but we would probably eat it too). It was furry nice of you to put tht effort into wraping his present too!

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Happy Birthday, Daisy's Dad! It's also the birthday of Mom's niece Caitlyn who is 12 today.

Our mom forgot to wear red today. :-( Bad mom!

~J&B

Tara said...

What a great gift! You are very talented! My mom wore a red sweeter to work today too...Tara

a fluffy feline friend said...

Wow Daisy! You are furry clever and furry thoughtful to make such a nice purrsent for your Daddy!

Storm & Mocha said...

ohs that's very cool! Our daddy was borned on Groundhog Day too! Theys are twins I guess!

Anita said...

Muhahahahaha! Fantastic present!

Did your father like it?

Sasha said...

Hi Daisy, I expect you are a very lively cat. Lynettea has a friend who has a Devon Rex cat called Annie and she climbs the curtains and rips the lace.
I am more of a solid citizen, but I do have my preferences. You are obviously very sweet natured to make these gifts.
Regards,
Diamond

sammawow said...

Happy belated Birthday to your Daddy, Daisy. What a terrific present you made and we bet he loved it!

China Cat & Willow

Related Posts with Thumbnails