Sunday, March 18, 2007

Look at this bird!

I saw this bird in my backyard. He caught himself a fish from the lake!! If you biggify, you can see the fish that got speared on his BEAK! The fish was shaking and shaking to get FREE! But the bird would not let him go. I guess it is better to get eaten by a giant bird than by an alligator. Aaaahhhhhhhhhh! I am staying away from the water. Because I do not want to get eaten alive. Of course, if I am in my stroller I would be SAFE.

That duck in the background is one of those fake birds I told you about.

Share/Bookmark

33 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

What an amazing picture Daisy! I clicked on the photo to make it larger and I could see the fish on the bird's beak! I'm glad you are safe in your stroller. I wouldn't want you to be eaten by alligators!

Millie said...

Oooo, Mom says that's a Great Blue Heron and they are ENORMOUS! They come up here for the summer and then go down to your area to spend the winters. Lucky you, that you get to watch them from your window.

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Oh wow wow wow!! We have Great Blue Herons all the way up here in Pennsylvania too! There is one that is quite fond of my mammacat's parent's pond - he catches little fish too. We have never been able to get such an amazing picture though! Good job, and thanks for posting it!!! (and stay safe in your stroller)
purrs,
Icon

The M's said...

We don't have any birds like that here, even lakes and ponds are few and far between. We are glad that we don't have alligators, too many teeth.

Unknown said...

Oooh, that is a great big bird! We have some big birds in the ponds around our house, but we have not gotten close to them--definately not close enough to get a picture!

The Meezers or Billy said...

oooo, i'm glad we doesn't lif near there. too scary!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful Lake :)

Spoon of life said...

Such a pretty pic...you're very smart stay very far away from alligators;)

Maria

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

I did click on the picture -- I did bigify... and I saw the fish on the beak and it was scarey.

Daisy... do be careful.

Skeezix the Cat said...

Daisy, yoo are vary vary brave to git so close to that vishus bird with the long pointy beek!!! I don't know if I cood nap during the day just knowing that such scary creechers were just owtside my window!

caspersmom said...

You sure get to see a lot of neat stuff Daisy. I remember the picture of the big lizard you showed. I will still take the little ones, thank you. Guess the big bird was mighty hungry if he wouldn't let the fish go after all the wriggling.

Casper

Anonymous said...

OH NO!!! stay away from that bird. What a scary bird!!!!

Hi Daisy, I am glad you did not get near that bird.

~love Prinnie (and Caesar too)

Anonymous said...

Cool picture of the heron! Hope it stays far away from the 'gator, too. That bird would make a bunch of meals for a cat, but not more than a snack for a 'gator.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Ginormus birds and lizards! Yoo be karefull out der Daisy, We'd be furry upset (and mom's eyes wood leak alot) if sumfing happened to yoo.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

That's a big birdie, Daisy! Our birdies are small hummingbirds or GINORMOUS hawks and crows ... Mom said that one of the hawks could carry me off if he wanted to ... I don't wanna be a birdie's lunch.

You'd better stay in your stroller and be safe!

DMM

Tara said...

That is such a COOL bird! Mom says we have those birds around here too, she sees them when going to work, as she and Dad drive through an area on the Pacific Fly way in the Central Valley here in California. But I don't get to see them from my back yard!
Tara

monkeybunkey said...

Daisy, Alligator? Oh my! Sweet Daisy, you stay away from that alligator and the water!

Lux said...

I saw the fishie! Yikes, that bird is BIG!

DK & The Fluffies said...

That's an amazing photo of a Heron!

Kimo and Sabi said...

Can them big birds eat cats too?!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

mi mom sez dat mi grammie haz doze birdz ware she livez. not heer. we hav much smaller birdz dat like to go in mi tree.
and we don't hav any fish either. not in mi backyard, that iz.

sammawow said...

Wow, Daisy, you have big lizards and big birds where you live!!! But it is so very beautiful too! Be very careful when you go outside!

Purrrrs, China Cat & Willow

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

Don't worry, Daisy. I am sure your mommy will make sure you do not get eaten.

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Wow. You sure have exotic creatures in your backyard, Daisy. You could make a documentary!

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Gosh, it's hunt or be hunted down where you live! We'd have to turn into strictly indoor kitties if we lived there-too risky.

Great photo!

~J&B

Kitikata-san said...

Neat photo! I bet if you got out there, you would be able to catch a fish too! Yumm.

Max said...

I wonder what the bird tastes like...?

Phoebe said...

I think that bird is in cahoots with the bird that Skeezix saw near his house before.

Karen Jo said...

That is one big bird. I'm glad that you were safe in your stroller. It's really dangerous for kitties outside where you live.

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

I would certainly stay inside or in my stroller too. What a great picture - Thanks for sharing with us!

Sending love and purrs

Anonymous said...

Daisy PLEASE stay away from the waters edge. We didn't know you had alligators around your house. We don't want you eatten!!!

MaoMao said...

Wow, Daisy! There's some scary critters around your neck of the woods. I'm glad you have a nice, comfy stroller to stay in when you're outside!

Mo and The Purries said...

Cool -- that's awesome that you can get to see the big birdies eat fishies like that!
That was a pretty big sunfish that the birdie speared!

Related Posts with Thumbnails