Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen, Edition #12

Here are 13 things about my Mommie:

  1. She likes to read. A lot! But I don't mind, because it is fun to curl up with her when she is reading.
  2. She kisses me, on the lips! I like that too.
  3. She has done some crazy sports like: kayaking, orienteering, 5k races, hiking, and mountain bike riding. She doesn't do those so much anymore, but she takes me out on long stroller rides.
  4. She is not a very good cook. Except in the microwave.
  5. She is a vegetarian. That means she does not eat meat. I really do not understand that.
  6. She has a twin brother. And, also a brother who is one year younger than her.
  7. She is left handed. I don't understand this either, because I can use BOTH of my paws equally well.
  8. She has been married for 24 years. She said to tell you that she got married when she was only 10 years old. (Haha, good one Mommie!)
  9. She cannot sing, not a note. Nope.
  10. She likes to watch football, and yells at the players on the t.v. She used to have a big foam finger that she would wave with, too.
  11. Here is my Mommie as a little girl. I think you can see why I decided to become a doctor!
  12. And here is another picture of Mommie as a little girl. I think you can also see where I got my fashion sense. Even though now, she is not nearly as fashionable: I have never seen her wear gloves, and the only hats she wears are baseball caps. And look! She still has the exact same hairstyle! Hahahahaha!
  13. The last and best thing about my Mommie is that she loves me, even when I am bad!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


Share/Bookmark

51 Notes for Daisy:

Christine and FAZ said...

Aren't you lucky to own such a lovely human Daisy? FAZ

Kim Knox said...

I'm with your Mommie on Microwave Cuisine *grin*

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

You obviously love your mommy a lot. And I am sure your mommy loves you too!

Tink said...

You have chosen a great mommie! Ours isn't exactly a kitchen princess either, hihi. Good thing our food is prepared and ready to fill our bowls. ;-)
Our mommie emptied her handbag for this week's TT.

Love, Freyja & Bastet

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

grate ... i jus came frum dragnoheart's blog an now mi mom iz mad at me becuz i diden't rite abowt her. thankz alot, daisy.
i think i mite havta try owt yer mom, too ... so get reddee.
owr mom'z hav sum thingz in common. let'z discuss.
luv--yer grate frend--o'jete

Anonymous said...

Great list Daisy sounds like you have a very wonderful mommy :)

Raggedy said...

I loved the pictures.
I think Daisy has a fabulous mommy.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

Anonymous said...

I am a crummy cook too... no, I just find cooking dull. I loved this Thursday Thirteen. your mommie and I haave a lot in common... well, I got married when I was 9 though.

You have a fabulous mommie Daisy <3

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

I enjoyed your TT so much.

I hope Whiskers enjoyed sitting in my lap while I read. He was a very sociable cat so I am sure you would have been friends and he would have enjoyed your TT too.

Anonymous said...

Aw Daisy, your mommie is great!
And I love it that she has the same hairstyle!!!
And I really can't believe #13 - that you're ever bad!!!

This week, I tells all about my new love: Temptations, in my TT

cheers!
Chloe
Purrchance To Dream

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh daisy you are a lucky girl, well except the no meat part. she gives you meat, right? let her try some of it sometime then she will see it is good....

smiles, auntie bee

Emma's Kat said...

You're so sweet Daisy and have a great meomie!

Forty Paws said...

Hi Daisy,

Itz so gud to lern more abowt yur Mommy. Nice of u to share your blog wid her. Wat kin she cook in da nuclear device for vegetarians?

We put up our TT. Will u see if da linkey werks? We ist still tryin to make it werk.

Luf, Us

Tara said...

Daisy, your mom is lovely and wonderful! It was fun seeing pictures of her as a little girl. My mom doesn't cool great either, sometimes not even the microwave!
Tara

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

I enjoyed learning more about your mommie, Daisy. She sounds like a very nice mom. My mom runs a lot, but she's crazy - she does marathons and half-marathons!

I guess great cat minds think alike, since we both posted about our moms today. :)

LZ said...

I like your mom a lot! I love learning more about moms, I need to do a TT about the Lap Lady some time.

Kaze

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

I can see why you love your mommie so much! Is her twin brother left-handed too?

Daisy said...

Icon: Yep, they are both left handed!

The Furry Kids said...

Daisy you have a great mommie. Our mom doesn't cook either. She says the only thing she's good at making is reservations. :)
Please give your mom some purrs from us.
Love,
O'Titus, O'Tazo, & Earl McGrey

sammawow said...

That was a terrific list you wrote about your mom today, Daisy. Our mom likes to do a lot of the same things as your mom; especially reading and watching football. Shhhhh - she can't sing either!!!

Purrrrs, China Cat & Willow

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

That was so sweet.
I think you love your Mommie a WHOLE lot and guess what? I think she loves you just as much.

Aren't Mommies the greatest?

Abby

Spoon of life said...

Your Mommy is a great woman...and I love that she's vegetarian...I'm vegetarian too:)

Maria

The Meezers or Billy said...

our mommies is alot alike - our mommy kisses us on the lips, kayaks, is left handed and has been married for 20 years. (oh, she says that she gotted married when she was 9 'acause efurry year on her purrfday she is 29)

Gattina said...

Microwave cuisine is the best ! Your mum is completely right !
My cats also participate on TT and have some rules for you, but this must remain between cats and is nothing for humans !

Kat 3 said...

Mommys rule!

(My mom's a vegetarian, too! I don't get it either ...)

-Kat 3

DK & The Fluffies said...

Very interesting - DKM does #1 & #5

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful cat---and hey, another native Floridian!

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Tell your mommie to start wearing gloves... and a tiara!

She would look really good if she did that and I'll bet people wouldn't be able to take their eyes off her!!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Your human is very well trained Daisy! I think you are lucky to have her. My list for my humans wouldn't be nearly so nice! mol

spiderpig said...

Aww...the last one's so sweet!

P.S. Thanx for the linkie again!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have a really cool Mom! We love it when our Mother reads too.

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

Oh How cool Daisy, your mama was cloned! She has a twin! Wait, we think cloning is bad in animals. Ms. Daisy and Pixie's mom sounds like a fantastic person to have around. Her pictures when she was a kitten are adorable.

Hahaha, she got married at 10 years old. That's funny!

Sending Purrs!

Skeezix the Cat said...

Wow, Daisy, yer mom and the Food Lady have a lot in common. She can't sing, and we have a Kayak that lives owtside, and she reeds lots, but she duzn't have a twin, and she's a gore-may cook. She has not bin married for 24 yeers, becuz she says she was the oldest old maid EVER win she an Mr TF got married, mostly becuz they lived in sin together a long time beefore, and Mr TF took his deer sweet time beefore he popt the qweschun. What qweschun? I dunno, they never say. Wate a minit. Am I blabbing? I think I'm not supost to blab.

Just Ducky said...

Wow, we have learned lots about your mum. Grampie is left handed, but uses his right hand for stuff too. Mum and Grampie like football to and yell at the TV.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Dat's a furry sweet list Daisy. Yer mum sounds reely nice.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Your mommie got married at age ten? That must be a Florida thing, 'cuz it's not allowed in California.
DMM

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Thank you Daisy for sharing all those cool fings about yur Mommie! Tell yur Mommie dat time is relative and age is anyfing you want it to be - hee hee.

MaoMao said...

Your mommy sounds very nice! I love my mommy, too.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet list! You did a wonderful job telling us about your mom.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet list! You did a wonderful job telling us about your mom.

Artsy Catsy said...

Oh, Daisy, what a nice mom you have! But you left one thing out: Your mom is very purretty!

I'm lucky - I've had two moms. My mom now is Sharolyn. My first mom was Emma, who was Sharolyn's mom. My first mom Emma went over the Rainbow Bridge 6 years ago this month to take care of all our Bridge kitties, then Sharolyn moved into my house so I got to stay in my furrever home and have my mom Emma's daughter as my new mom. So maybe my now mom is really my sister? I'm sooo confused -- but I'm happy :-)

Lucy

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Thanks for sharing all that info about your mom. We think that you must really be enjoying that scanner--we wish we had one.

Our Mom is left-handed too and loves to hike, but she also loves to cook, especially bake. She and Dad are not married, though they've been together for more than 12 years. With apologies to Skeezix and his food lady, we think OUR mom is the oldest old maid.

~J&B

Kimo and Sabi said...

Our Mommakitty has done some crazy stuff too, like firewalking!

Katnippia said...

Daisy, that's a great Thursday 13 about your meowmize. We knows you really luvs her...Sia

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Your Momma sounds wonderful. OUr Momma is a south paw too.....

Patches

Lux said...

Those pictures of your mom as a little girl are really cute!!! (She sounds really nice.)

The Fluffy Tribe said...

Yer Momma sounds furry nice and excitin for a 'bean ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko KO

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yoo gots a nice mom Daisy. Our mom duzent do all dat stuff anymore either, um, wait, she neffur did all dat stuff. She duz yoga and she's a great cook. She sez she can't carry a toon in a bucket but sings out loud anyway! And she's furry strong, dad sez she'z freekishly strong which is prolly why deyz ben married for 31 years. Shh, she cood kick hiz butt!

Karen Jo said...

I loved reading all about your Mom, Daisy. You are very lucky to have her.

Boy said...

Your mommie is COOL!
Mine mommie's a weft hander too. We cats are much cwevewer aren't we? We could use both weft and wight paws!

Admiral Hestorb said...

I am SO glad I happened on this one while reading today's "episode" with you wearing your bomber jacket sweet Daisy. Hope you see this. I loved al of the bloggie. The info about yur mommy was fabulous. I see you take after her. By the way, I kissed my girl on her teeny tiny lips too. xox

Related Posts with Thumbnails