Monday, April 9, 2007

Monday meme from Pixie!

I was tagged by Mr. Hendrix (or was it Bendrix?) for the meme about balance in our lives. I am very excited because Daisy almost never lets me do any posts.

To participate, write a post about balance in life and link back to this post. Answer any or all of the following questions or simply share your thoughts about life balance.
How do you achieve balance in your life?
Now that I have a bad heart, balance is even more important than ever! I try to take very good care of myself and get plenty of rest and eat good foods. I love bananers, and I have some bananer pieces in my food every day. It tastes good.

What is your biggest challenge in balancing your life?
My sister Daisy is my biggest challenge! She always wants to play when I want to rest. Sometimes I have to hiss and growl at her to make her leave me alone. And sometimes my Mommie says to Daisy in a mean voice, "Daisy NO NO!" I like when that happens.

What are your priorities?
Spending quality time with my Mommie. I love getting chin scritches and ear rubs. I also must have regular visits with my cardiologist so I can stay as healthy as possible. I take my medicines every morning like a good cat. Sometimes I like to think about my friend Icon Baxter Bentley. We even went on a date once!
How have your priorities changed over time and why?
Believe it or not, I used to be wacky and wild just like Daisy when I was younger. That picture below is me as a baby playing with a milk ring! Back then, my priorities were jumping HIGH and having fun. Now that I am older and I do not have as much energy, my priority is just to be happy. I am very lucky to have lived with cardiomyopathy for as long as I have, so each day I have left is a gift.
What advice can you share to help all of us balance our own lives?
Treasure each and every day! Eat lots of bananers.

Now it’s my turn to tag five others. I think everycat might have already been tagged! I am a little confused. So, I tag any cat who wants to play!

Share/Bookmark

32 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Pixie, you have such a wonderful attitude for a cat with a chronic health condition. You were an adorable kitten and are a beautiful cat today. You are good to make all your medication. May you have many long, happy years ahead of you.

Unknown said...

Pixie, you are the sweetest kitty. we admire your optimism, abnd you sure we're a cutie as a baby!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

pixie,
treasure each and every day becuz life iz grate.
sum verree important wordz, mi frend!
luv--jh

HRH Yao-Lin said...

I agree that everyday is a gift and I really admire you for being so strong and resilient. You are beautiful now and you were beautiful when you were younger too!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Pixie

You have grown from an adorable kitten to a beautiful kittie. You are very inspiring. Fank you for sharing what keeps you in balance.

Abby

=^..^= said...

Dear Pixie,

You are a furry brave and pore-see-teeth kitty. I admire your strength and courage.

I also fink that you have a beeoooteeful face. Get your Mommy to post more purrty pikshurs of you, k?

~Bombay

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Hi Pixie.

What a great attitude! It's true... living with a chronic condition can really make a cat appreciate life. Also, as a senior cat myself, I can affirm that I like to rest a lot and get cuddles.

Forty Paws said...

Pixie,

Those are wonderful ways to achieve balance in your life. We are glad that you have been able to live so long with cardiomyopathy! And we think that milk ring might be bigger than you!

Luf, Us

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to look at those old photos and remember how absolutely wild and wacky we really were back in the day. I am so glad you did this meme Pixie. We have cardiomyopathy too but fortunately we have been able to stay off the meds for now... we'll see at our next appointment. You are right. we treasure each and every day!

We love you Pixie, this was wonderful to read!
Have a groovy day

~Princess

sammawow said...

Wow - the cutest picture of you with the milk ring! It is almost as big as you! You wrote a really great list too and now we want to try bananas!

Purrrrs, China Cat & Willow

Mr. Hendrix said...

Great list Pixie! I knew you'd have great answers. I love the photo of you getting chin scritches. You look so happy! Mommy says the next time she gets some bananers at the store she wiill let me try one. I'll let you know how it goes.

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

Pixie, I didn't know. Me and Mommy are leaky-eyed. That happens to Mommy A LOT lately! She's not use to crying. Anyway, your reasons are valid for all creatures. You have a great outlook on life. I think you're very beautiful. If you every need a vacation to the country, you can teleport to my house. It's peaceful out here in the country.

LZ said...

Ah....I can nap well today seeing your gorgeous face. I can almost hear you purring!

Chase

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Oh I am blushing an' blushing!! Thanks for mentioning me in you post about balance. I think we should go on another date!!!
purrs and purrs,
Icon

Tara said...

Excellent post on balance! Yes, every day is a gift, and should be treated like one!
Tara

Anonymous said...

It was good to hear what you had to say, Pixie. Unlike humans, no cat ever had to be taught to make every day count. I've been trying to teach my humans the same thing. I hope you have many days ahead to count, too...

Anonymous said...

We ♥ Pixie!

~ Daphne & Chloe

Anonymous said...

Excellent! You're as smart as you are sweet. Purrrrrrrrs!

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

By the way, the kitten picture is adorable!! The milk ring looks as big as your liddle head!

purrs,
Icon

caspersmom said...

I really like the pictures of you Pixie. Especially the one where you are getting scritches. Looks like you are in seventh heaven. So glad you are getting along so well with taking good care of yourself. Keep up the good work.

Casper

Spoon of life said...

The pic with you enjoying your Mommy's rub is just sooo precious!!!
You're adorable!!!

M.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Oh Pixie ... Look at the cute baby frootbat! Milk rings are FUN!
DMM

Unknown said...

Pixie, I'm lovin' the milk ring!!

Great cats think a like!

- Pipsters

MaoMao said...

Hi, Pixie! You're a wonderful kitty to be so wise and smart about your health and to get joy out of every day. That's what life's about. Sending big ol' kittyhugs to you! And I loved readin' your answers to the meme.

momsbusy said...

you were an adorable little kitten. i can see the catitude in your face at an early age. with you leading by example, daisy will grow into a beautiful lady cat.

momsbusy

pixie, yu wuz a cute little kitty. when yuki & me wuz yung we bof liked milk rings too.

kimiko

Around Your Wrist said...

milk rings are the best! you look blissful as your mommie scritches your chin. i hope she does that lots for you.

thank you for sharing your perspective on life. health issues can make us much more appreciative of our time with those we love!

love
--suz


ps i like it when mama tells ben2 to 'stop that!' when he tries to play with me and i don't want to.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Furry good post Pixie. Yoo haf a grate cattitude bout yoor kronik helth prollem. I keep telling mom to sit down and enjoy da kitty, she dunt lissen to me. Maybe yoor post will show her she needs to stop once in a while and enjoy da day.

Kalapattar said...

I admire you!

Skittles, The Cat
http://kaboodlecats.blogspot.com

Monica said...

That is some very good advice about balance in life, Pixie. I'm glad Daisy gave you a chance to post that. You look cozy on your red pillow.

Bad Kitty Cats & Megan said...

Pixie you look like Royalty! Your Baby picture is so adorable. Sending you many scritches and loves. Zed Monster...

Rosie & Cheeto said...

Yoo may have been told yoo have a bad hart by the V-E-T but we think yoo have a BIG HEALTHY HART, Pixie!

Yoo may be sneaking and sumtimes mean to Daisy...but just as the beans say "yoo onlie teese the beans (in yer case cat) if yoo like them."

Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating in the meme and sharing your excellent advice to treasure every day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails