Saturday, May 5, 2007

Photo Hunters #17: Childhood

The Photo Hunters theme this week is childhood. So I was pawing through some old pictures, and look what I found! This is my Mommie when she was in Kindergarten. Hahahahaha! I do not think she had very good fashion sense back then. Or now.
And here is her twin brother! I like his outfit. They are both wearing little bow ties, too. And since I am showing some family pictures, here is my big sister Pixie eleven years ago when she was just a baby. She had big ears.
Sorry the picture quality is not too good, because these pictures are all scanned. Because I don't think they invented digital cameras back when my Mommie was little. A squillion years ago.


Share/Bookmark

55 Notes for Daisy:

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Awwww those children! They made my human go ' awwwww'. Your human and her twin looked like perfect little kids!

Pixie was gorgeous too !

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wonderful photos! Your mom and her twin were very cute and Pixie was absolutely adorable as a kitten. :)

A. said...

Daisy, your mom and her brother are so cute and so blond! I would swop my dark curls for straight blond hair any day.

Cheryl said...

I like how you reflected on their dress and ties. It is good to look back.

Anonymous said...

I like what your mom wore :) Thanks for stopping by and have a good week end!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer daisy,
i havta tell u ... i think yer da funniest cat in da world! (laffin an laffin)
yer mommy an yer unkel were verree cute in dere bow tiez!
an pixie wuz preshus! (an still iz ... in a machoor way!)
luv--yer grate frend--jh

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

They were all such sweet pictures, Daisy. Your Mom and her brother looked so cute in their "picture day" clothes. I think it was very fashion forward for your Mommy to wear a bow tie!

Pixie, you were so stunning as a baby. You grew into a beautfully sweet lady as well. Although, you were strutting your stuff at Latte's party. I know, what happens at a Bachelor Party, stays at a bachelor party. Yeah, right!

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Furry cute picshures of yur beans and of Pixie. Wow dose are some big ears and so cute looking too!

Anonymous said...

Great photos. I remember dressing my daughter in a dress like that, back in the 60's. I thought they were sweet. Sure don't see little girls in dresses much anymore.
Good choice for the theme and love the kitty.

Samantha & Mom said...

Daisy, cute pictures of your mom. My moms dad was a twin too. Pixie was a cute kitty. I never noticed that I had long whiskers as a kitten too. Thanks for the complement. Have a great Saturday. I'm glad you like the slide show, too.
Samantha & Tigger

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Your mommie and her twin are very cute. So is Pixiekins, goodness what adorrrrabibble childhood pictures.

Very very sweet.
hey, we hope you have a wonderific week-end, Daisypuff!!

Parker said...

How cute! Mommy thinks she had the same dress! Only difference was that she was a brunette!

Unknown said...

Those are classic photos Daisy! Baby Pixie is adorable! I hope Mom doesn't ground you for showing her showing her Kindergarden picture!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

your mommie and her brother are furry cute but i think you are the cutest one. shhh, don't tell though! have a great kitty weekend honey!

smiles, auntie bee

Ann M & the Kitties said...

Thanks for sharing your family photos, Daisy.

Lemieux

Jane said...

Hey now- I think I had that dress! We people don't have a lovely fur to wear! So we were at the mercy of our parents to dress us and it was the 70's!

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

3 cute little kittens

Just Jan said...

I love the oldtime photos....and those bow ties!!!

I posted today too

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Well Daisy if it was a squillion years ago for you just think it must have been a million squillion years ago for mine. I just use a digital camera now and take a picture of the picture!! I scrapbook so that way I take a picture of my scrapbook pages and post them. so far so good!! Thanks for stopping by!! Great word for this photo hunt!!
Sandy
Oh and her outfit is just fine!!

Forty Paws said...

Those are very purrecious childhood photos!!! And your mommy has a twin! How cool is that?
That was very nice of you to show us pictures of baby Pixie.

Luf, Us

Melli said...

Those are sO cute! Weren't we such little ladies and gentlemen back in our time?

Mo and The Purries said...

I didn't know your mommy had a twin brother!
He looks like Anderson Cooper.

I ♥ that picture of baby Pixie!

I just posted a pic of baby Daphne @ Purrchance To Dream!

~ Not the Mama

Around Your Wrist said...

(clearing my nearly 16 year old throat...)now, miss daisy, let me offer a slightly different opinion (perhaps a warning?). you mommie was very very cute, AND her fashion sense reflected her mommie's fashion sense. so, my dear, be careful about dissing your mommie too much. she does pick YOUR clothes!

with love, respect, and encouragement for a little caution...

--suz

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Those are great pictures! I love the bowties!
Pixie was the cutest liddle kitten!! awh! Do you have any kitten pictures, Daisy? (I don't, but Katie does)

purrs,
Icon

Sarge Charlie said...

great job on this photo hunt, yes ours had a door, that was someone else's privy.

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Those are great photos, and look at those ears!

Momma has boxes of those funny, old photos of her. She is as old as dirt, btw.

Patches

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Holy smoke! Yoor mom wuz a kyoot kitten, er, child. And Pixie is just adorabbul, she still is furry good looking. Careful what yoo say, yoor insulting yoor gramma's fashon sense cuz she dressed yoor mom. And yoor mom's not as old as our mom so we'z not saying nuffing bout dat.hehehe

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

awwww all those "kid" pictures were so cute! That is so cool your mommy and uncle were twins...even if there wasn't much fashion sense goin' on....

;)

Monica said...

Those were very interesting pictures of your family. I like Pixie's really big ears and her stripeyed fur.

Tara said...

Your mom was a beautiful little girl, and I loved her twin brother, how cool! And of course Pixie is precious! Thanks for sharing.
Tara

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I am glad you are here now to teach them some fashion sense though. I love Pixie's ears!

Lux said...

Those pictures are just the greatest - Mom loves anything old and she sometimes goes digging through her old photos for hours!

Your mommie and her brother and Pixie are just precious!

Cindy said...

Daisy- my kids tell me I have no fashion sense either. Guess it comes from wearing clothes just like the ones your mom wore.

Smalltown RN said...

mommy and daddy look so sweet...what about your sister...ya those ears are something.....happy hunting!

PowersTwinB said...

Oh LUCKY you,
You're a twin 2!

Thanks for visiting my photos with my twin for the hunt...and look at that precious Pixie! Great photos !

Karen Jo said...

I like the dress your Mom is wearing. I think it's cute. I think I have a picture of my brother that looks very much like the picture of your Mom's brother. Pixie looks adorable with her perky frootbat ears.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Hey - where is you childhood photo?

Around Your Wrist said...

ben2 here: daisy, don't listen to my older sister. sometimes she thinks that cuz she's almost 16 she knows *everything.

i agree...your mom and uncle look kinda funny with their little bow ties!

yow
ben2

Anonymous said...

Adorable Photos :)

Anonymous said...

Now those little bow ties are "da bomb"! Your mommy was quite the little doll and her twin brother was a cutie too. Your big sister had lovely ears...very graceful and better to hear with! Thank you for the wonderful photo hunt today!

Skeezix the Cat said...

I don't think Pixie's ears look that big. Win do we git to see baby Daisy fotos?

Carole Burant said...

That's what I love about old pictures...seeing the styles from back then! lol The funny part is that we thought we looked sooo cool! hehe Great pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures :) and your sister indeed had very big ears!

Artsy Catsy said...

Great photos, Daisy, but they're of everybody's childhoods but yours! Were you just such a cute kitten you didn't want to outshine everybody else?

Rocky

~Jennifer said...

Ha! Ha! Not many of us had any fashion sense in kindergarten. Cute pics!

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Very cute picture of little Pixie! Our mom says that she had a dress similar to your mommie's. It had that little cameo on it too. It's not our mom's that didn't have fashion sense--it was THEIR moms.

~J&B

MaoMao said...

hehehe, the young'un pictures are so cute of your momma, your uncle, and Pixie!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

I don't know who's cuter! Mom has the same flummoxed look in her kindergarten photo 'cept she's smilin' like she just ate a canary (mmm ... canaries) and showin' every single one of her teeth!

Lucky Charmz looked somethin' like Pixie when he was tiny 'cuz he managed to knock off efurry one of his whiskers.

DMM

Anonymous said...

JAJAJAJAJAJA! Funny photos. Where is Daisy photo hunter? jeje.

Anonymous said...

Kiddos are fun-cute shots.
Actually I have a good laugh when I see my ma as a kid as she is so funny looking and flat-not cuddling like she is now.

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Daisy. Sorry for the late visit. Thanks for sharing the photos of your mom and her twin brother. I love how both of them are wearing bow ties. Thanks for sharing the pic of your big sis.

Take care!

The Crew said...

Pixie was a darling kitten! I think we all had "big ear issues" when we were young. I know it took me a while to grow into mine.

Love
Tipper

Anonymous said...

All three are very cute! But if you ask me the cutest...

... your big sister Pixie!! She looks soooooooooo cute!!

Mr. Hendrix said...

Great photos! Pixie, you are still such a cutie.

RayPod said...

Daisy, I think your Mom and my Mom went to the same hairdresser as children! MOL

Very cute kids.

Related Posts with Thumbnails