Sunday, June 10, 2007

Meme: First Five Days


The beautiful little Celeste and my great friend Yao-Lin tagged me for the meme about the first five days in my forever home. I am already three years old, so I will try to remember way back then:
  • Day One: My Mommie picked me up from the breeder's house. She put me in the office room that was all made up as a nursery with my own food and water bowls, litter box, bed, and many many toys. I ran around playing and she watched me all afternoon. Then, she left to go to sleep in another room for the night. I didn't mind too much, and I didn't cry at all because I was a big girl (12 weeks old). I did accidentally go potty on a chair. Oops.
  • Day Two: My Mommie spent all day playing with me and watching me in the "nursery" room. A big gray scary cat (Pixie) went to the door and we sniffed noses. The gray cat growled and hissed! In the afternoon, my Mommie wanted to take a nap, and she took me into the big bedroom with her and shut the door to keep the gray cat out. I got very very relaxed and fell deeply asleep next to my Mommie. When she woke up, I was still sound asleep next to her and I had wet the bed! And I was sleeping in my own potty! I did not get in trouble though. (That was the last time I ever had an accident).
  • Day Three: I spent most of the day in the "nursery," and I got to come out in a little cage so Pixie could start to sniff me. She growled and hissed a lot! But I was safe in the cage.
  • Day Four: I again spent most of the day in the "nursery," and I got to come out in the cage for even longer so Pixie could get to know me more. She still growled and hissed a lot! In the office I found a big hot box to sleep on. I liked being very very warm. I found out later this was the computer.
  • Day Five: I again spent most of the day in the "nursery," and I got to come out in the cage for much longer so Pixie could get to know me more. She still growled and hissed, but maybe a little less. This went on for many days.
Finally, I got to walk around on the floor outside of the cage in the same room as Pixie. It took almost 30 days until I got to be around Pixie unsupervised. The "nursery" got dismantled, and I started using the regular litter box like a big girl. I am not scairt of Pixie now. Because I can beat her in a race.

I am supposed to tag three others. But I would like to learn about ANY cat's first five days. So, please play if you want!

Share/Bookmark

38 Notes for Daisy:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We liked hearing about yer furrst five days. We're glad your mum wasn't mad about your little "accidents" cuz fings like that can happen when yer just a baby.
We liked the pichur of yer shoes too. Yoo got kyoot pads.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

wow daisy that was furry inneresting! you are a lucky girl to haf such a great mommie and pixie too! and i luf the picture of you!

smiles, auntie bee

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Hey, you've got a good memory! I'm glad you're not scared of Pixie anymore.

Unknown said...

Good Morning, Daisy!
I am glad that you did this. I think it is important to write down what happens during special days such as these! Have a great day!
Purrs,
Celeste

Parker said...

That was a good start to your life with Pixie and your Mommy and Daddy! It sounds like you had a very nice nursery and got introduced just right to Pixie!

Sasha said...

hello Daisy, you were a cutie cat even when you were little. You have a good memory for your first days at home. I will need to rack my brains to think up anything about my five first days.

Forty Paws said...

Aw. That was a very sweet story. Don't be worried about your little accidents. That happens to the best of teeny poodins when they leave their mama kitty for the first time.

Luf, Us

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

Hi Daisy! Your first five days were a great way to adjust to life with a new family! Your Mommy was/is very smart! I'm glad that your forever home is a wonderful one!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer daisy,
i liked reedin abowt yer first 5 dayz. i espeshulee like da part abowt u wettin da bed. it made me laff an laff!
luv--yer grate frend--jh

Ali & Fiona said...

We liked reading about your first five days, we are glad you aren't scared of Pixie, some cats (Fiona) like to pretend there the boss.

Your Friends,
Ali & Fiona

JT said...

Oh, baby Daisy! It's good to hear that you were protected from Pixie when you first arrived. When I got to this apartment, I was not protected from Ernest! He was a kitten and I was a year or two older... he kept attacking my tail!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

I enjoyed learning about your first five days, Daisy. I had a nursery too when I first came to my Forever Home, even though I didn't have to meet another cat.

Spoon of life said...

Well we got Ben in a shelter for the first 2 days we didn't leave the house 'cos we didn't wanna leave him alone...when we finally left...we came back after half an hour thinking he might be feeling lonely and that he might have destroyed the whole apartment...hehehe ...but of course he was asleep...we just adore him sooo much!!!

M.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Scooby still growls & hisses at me and I'm 2 years old now!! -Scout

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

We loved reading about your first five days in your forever home, Daisy. And, that is a great photo of you, too! Your fur looks so soft and your belly is sweet.
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

Samantha & Mom said...

So cool, that you remember so much. We like learning more about you, you have lived an interesting and fun 3 years. Glad Pixie and you get along now. Have a nice Sunday.
Samantha, Tigger and Mom

Forty Paws said...

Well, tell your daddy not to run so much if his achilles tendon hurts!!! Silly beans. They just don't get it, do they?

Luf, Us

Around Your Wrist said...

big girl or baby, daisy, you sure are a sweet kitty! it's so easy to tell that your mommie loves you.

love
--suz

Around Your Wrist said...

ps i think today would be a good day to tell about my first five days...so stop by in awhile.

--suz

Tara said...

I liked learning about your first 5 days, it makes me feel better I still don't get to be unsupervised around Kavan, although we do get to both be out at night as along as we stay asleep.

Tara

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

It sounds like yoo had a good first 5 days. Yoor mom din't effun get mad at yoo fur pooing on da chare which is good, cuz yelling or hitting a baby is just bad.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

You have a good memory, Daisy, and a very nice first five days~

Rosemary B❤️ said...

we are not sure we remember our first 5 days... we will try to remember. We were also little babies, very frisky and wild.
I know we lived in the bathroom for a while when we were really small.

We think you must have been quite a big change for Pixie.

Happy Day sweet friend

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Daisy is was good of your mom bean to introduce you slowly and let Pixie grow used to having you in the house. It can be hard for an old cat to accept a new kidden. I hope you are the best of furrrrends by now:) I am sure:)
I am off to see my sweet sister Suz and then make my rounds to visit everyone and listen to their music and look at all the pictures. This is a busy weekend here:)
Luf Miss Peach.....still camped out in the frying pan>(^,^)<

Anonymous said...

You've sure grown up a lot in just 3 years! The human kitten here is 3 years old and she's not nearly as grown up.

Skeezix the Cat said...

I didn't reely have a nursrey win I came to live at my home becuz Mao liked me rite away and likt me an evrything. Well, ixsept he didn't like it win I tride to nurse on him. Did yoo try to nurse on Pixie? Yoo don't have to tell me if yer imberrist.

Unknown said...

Thank yoo for humming me a Git Well Battul Him. It was nice. Yer vary thotfull. And yer humming is better then yer singing.

Skeezix the Cat said...

Yoo know, yer baby tummy kinda givs me urjes, but I think it's rong to say that, so I won't. I'll just look. And keep my yap zipt.

Daisy said...

Skeezy, when I was really little, I tried to nurse on my Mommie's NECK! But she wouldn't let me, even though I was very persistent.

snowforest said...

Wow. Ur Mom was so smart in taking good care of you in your early days and introducing u correctly to Pixie.

MaoMao said...

I loved readin' your answers! You've gotta furry good and furry sweet Mommie. And that was fun to hear how you and Pixie got to know each othur!

You were such a purr-ecious kitten! Yer pikshure made my momma make that SQUEE noise again.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Zoey and the furballs said...

You had a very good first five days. It sounds like you knew you were in a good home from the very beginning.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely account of your first five days -- your Mommie loves you very much, I can tell. And what a precious picture of you as a kitten!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Jack, Persephone, Tenzing and Lancelot said...

Sounds like your mommie is very smart about the intricate rituals involved with introducing cats to each other!

Thank you for coming to visit! My OTW didn't bring me a present though. I'm very disappointed in her!

~Jack

Hi Daisy! Thank you for coming over! And for bringing your Nip bananer to play with! That was so much fun!

~Persephone

The Cat Realm said...

You are just such a pretty cat Daisy! And we are glad that Pixie doesn't hiss at you so much anymore. We are so busy sleeping these days that we will postpone your invitation for a first 5 day meme until it gets a bit cooler.... (it is HOT here in the desert!)

Karen Jo said...

You remember a lot about your first five days. I'm glad that your Mom introduced you to Pixie slowly.

Anonymous said...

You are such a sweet little kitty!

Honey P. Sunshine said...

look at that baby tummy flab, how cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails