The beautiful little Celeste and my great friend Yao-Lin tagged me for the meme about the first five days in my forever home. I am already three years old, so I will try to remember way back then:
- Day One: My Mommie picked me up from the breeder's house. She put me in the office room that was all made up as a nursery with my own food and water bowls, litter box, bed, and many many toys. I ran around playing and she watched me all afternoon. Then, she left to go to sleep in another room for the night. I didn't mind too much, and I didn't cry at all because I was a big girl (12 weeks old). I did accidentally go potty on a chair. Oops.
- Day Two: My Mommie spent all day playing with me and watching me in the "nursery" room. A big gray scary cat (Pixie) went to the door and we sniffed noses. The gray cat growled and hissed! In the afternoon, my Mommie wanted to take a nap, and she took me into the big bedroom with her and shut the door to keep the gray cat out. I got very very relaxed and fell deeply asleep next to my Mommie. When she woke up, I was still sound asleep next to her and I had wet the bed! And I was sleeping in my own potty! I did not get in trouble though. (That was the last time I ever had an accident).
- Day Three: I spent most of the day in the "nursery," and I got to come out in a little cage so Pixie could start to sniff me. She growled and hissed a lot! But I was safe in the cage.
- Day Four: I again spent most of the day in the "nursery," and I got to come out in the cage for even longer so Pixie could get to know me more. She still growled and hissed a lot! In the office I found a big hot box to sleep on. I liked being very very warm. I found out later this was the computer.
- Day Five: I again spent most of the day in the "nursery," and I got to come out in the cage for much longer so Pixie could get to know me more. She still growled and hissed, but maybe a little less. This went on for many days.
Finally, I got to walk around on the floor outside of the cage in the same room as Pixie. It took almost 30 days until I got to be around Pixie unsupervised. The "nursery" got dismantled, and I started using the regular litter box like a big girl. I am not scairt of Pixie now. Because I can beat her in a race.I am supposed to tag three others. But I would like to learn about ANY cat's first five days. So, please play if you want!