Monday, July 2, 2007

Let's play in my yard!

Here is where I live! I do not have a pool, but I have lots of water to look at. This is where the very mean alligators live. We must stay far far away from the alligators. Let's look around...We can watch for birds. Here is a funny little bird. He is going fishing with his beak! Do not chase him, because he will just fly away. Believe me, I know. Here is a turtle. I do not mind sharing my yard with Mr. Turtle. And guess what? He can run fast! If you want, you can touch his shell.
This is a different kind of bird. His legs are like long stilts. And they bend backwards! He is walking next to our Gumbo Limbo tree. I like this tree because many birds play in it. And it has a funny name. I never played the Limbo game under the Gumbo Limbo tree though. Here are some coconuts growing on a coconut palm. We might like to drink the coconut milk. Or maybe not. This palm tree is turning a little bit yellow because of the drought. And we are only allowed to water on Sundays.
I have saved the best for last. Here is a lizard on a sabal palm. His name is not George. This lizard's name is Snack.
Thanks for visiting my home!
Share/Bookmark

59 Notes for Daisy:

snowforest said...

These are some nice pictures Daisy ~ stay away from them alligators ~ and don't forget to participate in today's quiz at the cat blog!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautyful location for a cat home!!!!!
All these wonderful birds and turtles! And your little lizard! I am very impressed. But do the alligators visit your garden, too? Love

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy,

Thanks for letting me visit your home.I loved seeing all the animals
and touching the turtle's shell.I'm glad he didn't bite.Your a wonderful
hostess and a great friend :)

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

You're surrounded by water! Momma said that it reminded her of the intracoastal waterway around Jacksonville. We live about 50 miles from the Atlantic. In my other house I was less than a mile from the Atlantic. I feel safer here though. We live right across the street from Black Creek. There are alligators in the Creek. Momma says DON'T go near the water Abby. Heck, I don't even want to leave the house much less go near the water. You have a beautiful home and I can see why your walks are so much fun!

~Abby

Parker said...

You have a very interesting yard! There are a lot of different things to look at - we just see birdies and squirrels! I would like a Snack of my own!

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Thanks for showing us your nice home! Was the Snack tasty? The birds look very interesting (and tasty, like chicken)

Christine and FAZ said...

Daisy, it is very exciting where you live and completely different to my 'patch'. Have you seen the film 'Holiday' - maybe you and I should do a houseswap? Do you think our humans would notice? FAZ

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, Daisy, it is beautiful where you live! You live very close to the water. All that wildlife looks like fun to watch!

Monty Q. Kat said...

Your backyard is cool! I really like your lizard Snack..he can come over anytime to vist. I'm sure he'd love to stay for lunch.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Can't you put some water from the pond onto the trees?
just wondering....

You live in a very nice neighborhood. a pool is too much work, that is what my daddie says anyway. Mommie says swimming is exhausting but she would swim in her own pool because there wouldn't be old bandaids and fluffy unidentifiable objects at the bottom like there is at the community pool.

happy day Daisy

Anonymous said...

Daisy you live in a tropickal paradise and rite next to the vishus alligators! You and Pixie and yore mom are furry brave to live near alligators. How come the lizards name is Snack? Is he a snack?

Dma said...

Wow Daisy what a beautiful looking area you live in... Looks like there's plenty of things around to keep you busy. I think you're smart staying away from the gators. From what I heard those things are nasty.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i love your nice home daisy honey and you haf lots of stuff to play wif in your yard! the lizzard looks like a teeny tiny aligator...

smiles, auntie bee

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Yoo live in a lovely place Daisy, and it is furry inchresting wiv the birds and turtles and lizzerds, but we wouldn't want to see an alligator.
Is Snack George's brother?

Ali & Fiona said...

Sometime we will teleport over and play with you.

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow you haf a great yard!

Forty Paws said...

Wowee Daisy!! How did you get a bird's eye view of your house? Did you teleport over it? That is so cool. Thank you for sharing those wonderful pictures with us. Uh, where did George go?

Luf, Us

Unknown said...

Daisy, thanks for showing us your house! That was a neat tour of your neyberhud! (that is a hard word to spell for a 6 year old!)

Dazey

Monty Q. Kat said...

Daisy, since I can't wear my too-small red shirt, would you like it?

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's an impressive photo of your house from the air, Daisy. I quite like it.

Skeezix the Cat said...

I had fun on the tour of yer home, Daisy! I espeshully liked tuching the turtul. He was hard! Thoze berds were GINORMOUS! I think maybe they wood scare me a littul if I saw them in owr bakyard.

And are yoo shur Snack isn't a baby allygater? He kinda looks like one --- better eet him beefore he eets yoo?

Why duzn't Fansy Feest make sliced lizzerd in gravy food?

LZ said...

I particularly like Snack. Do you think he has any juicy friends? Your home is very interesting especially because it it very very different from my home. Those big nut things are CRAZY.

Kaze

TheSlyCat said...

I liked your yard as well. Snack looks very tasty...er...uh...I mean nice. My mom tells me to watch out for the alligators as well, but I've never seen one in IL before. I'm not sure they live in Chicago. But I could be wrong because that little jumpy bean that I met said they live at her house. But I learned from her that they don't like the color pink, so you should be good if you keep pink stuff in your yard. Have a great week!
sly

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Thanks for the tour. Your back yard seems so exotic. Although we don't have THAT much water in our garden, it still is VERY WET back there these days.

The M's said...

Wow, what a nice place to live and play. Thank you for the tour.

Victor Tabbycat said...

How'd you take that firstest pictor, Daisy? Was you flyin? WOW. I can't imagine livin wif so much water so close. I guess you don't got no basements, huh. Neet birds. Mom says they's herons an cranes. An Snack looks fun. I WANNA LIZARD!

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Your home and backyard is beautiful!! Mommy used to live in Vancouver BC, where she got to hang out on the beaches and see the ocean....she really misses the ocean, now that she lives in landlocked Calgary....

~Donny

Ann M & the Kitties said...

Yep, Daisy, those lizzies make great snacks. Even better toys!!

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Daisy, where you live seems like so much fun! We like the name of the gumbo limbo tree the best!
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

TRIPPER THE PSYKO STRAY CAT said...

HAHAHAHA! I wanna SNACK on SNACK! Git it??? SNACK on SNACK??!! HAHAHA! I think I cood take a gator, just lemme at 'im! I cood bunnykik him until he started cryin for his mama!!!! Do yoo need to hire a gator rassler, Daisy? Maybey I cood come live with yoo cuz ware I live is pritty boring and I think I'd have a good time at yer howse with ALL THOZE YUMMY BERDS and lizzerds and gators WOW WOW WOW I'd have the time of my life and yer kinda kyoot do yoo wunt to be in my harem????

TRIPPER THE PSYKO STRAY CAT said...

OH BY THE WAY I KNOW HOW TO LIMBO, TOO!!!!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

That is a furry big house that you've got ... an' you've got an amazing view, too! My house is little and we've only got a view of the house across the street ... Drat.

Watch out for those 'gators ... Oh, and why did you name the lizard "Snack"? Did you eat him?

DMM

INAMINI said...

What a wunnerful place to live, Daisy. We're not really near any water (it's at least a 7.5 minnit drive frum owr howse, an then it's sawlt water- ick.)
Maybe yu can make a wile-life film...
LOKi

HRH Yao-Lin said...

wow. You live in a fantastic place Daisy. I am jealous. How come I can't live there? My house is horrible.

No fair.

xxx

Astrid (…and the kitties too) said...

what a wonderful place you live in.
thnaks for sharing this pics of your home with us.
we are a little bit jealous now ;o)

Samantha & Mom said...

Daisy, you live in a wonderful neighborhood. Now we see why you have such great adventures. Lots of interesting animals and plants all around you. Snack looks very yummy!! Thanks for sharing your home area with us!!
Samantha & Tigger

DK & The Fluffies said...

Snack looks very... tasty

Scout said...

mmmmmm, lizzard.... i drool jus thinkin bout it..... yummy to my tummy with a purrfek name like snack.....


mmmmm, lizzard.....

Anonymous said...

your house and your friends are very very nice (especially Snack). our Grandparents live near some water like that except that it's in the middle of the desert and the water is a manmade lake and it doesn't have wildlife, only remote controlled sailboats. those are not very tasty.

Unknown said...

You have so many fun things to play with and look at Daisy. All I can see is our alley and a little bit of the front yard and street from my windows.

MaoMao said...

You live in a bee-yootiful and interesting place, Daisy! It would be just about impossible to get bored. I like yur lizzard's name, Snack, hehehe!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Gretchen said...

You live in a very pretty place. You're lizard, Snack, is missing part of his tail. Daisy, did you snack on him?

Tara said...

Great place Daisy! Thanks for sharing with us. You have lots of neat things to watch, just watch out for those aligators!
Tara

Lux said...

You live in a really cool place, Daisy! Love that lizard!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place you live in, Daisy! And interesting creatures of all kinds to watch, from the alligators to little Snack. I am glad you steer very clear of the alligators, dear!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Vewry pretty Daisy. I bet the fresh airs there is greats!

Unknown said...

What a great place to live! (Not counting the alligators, of course.) I wish I could find some little lizards like Snack where I live.

-Rosie

JT said...

That's a beautiful yard, Daisy. Very different from where I live now and used to live. We don't have any lizards or turtles or alligators here. Be careful near the water! Thanks for sharing with us!

lordjaders said...

Daisy, Yourrr name might be "Snack" to an alligatorrr!

Anyway, my beans have watched all those crrrocodile shows on the big glowing box. Yourrr home is verrry nice--and I definitely underrrstand the imporrrtance of yourrr strrrollerrr.

Jade

Ernesto said...

Wow, looks very wild out there.
Lizards - Ok (I'd think), in small doses but, Alligators, probably a little tricky I'm sure.
I'm guessing it's possible that a "small Lizard" might be a "baby alligator"? How do you know the difference? You wouldn't want to anger any parents of a "baby Lizard" by accident?...
None of these are big considerations up North here, so we read your commentary with interes - it 's like when we watch TV nature programsto learn of foreign climes and their strnge fauna!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Daisy, the place around you is so beautiful~!
I love it, great sunshine and water, no wonderful you have such a great character.

Thank you for introduce your living place to me. I enjoy it very much. I believe turtle run very fast, because michico got one turtle, too. And she is much older than me and really walking fast.

momsbusy said...

yu lives in a bee-u-ti-full place daisy. lots of sunshine to sunbath in and birds to watch. we herds those gators are distant cuzins to the vishus deers and love to snack on kittys. we hopes they stays away frum yur house. we hafs only one question fer yu, did yu snack on snacks tail?

yuki & kimiko

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

That looks like a great place to live!!! How did snack taste?

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

mi mom looked at yer pikshurz an sed dat she'z seein sum similar stuff ware she iz, wile vizitin mi gram!
luv--yer grate frend--jh

Kimo and Sabi said...

We fink "Snack" is a furry apropo name!

Anonymous said...

Lizard = snacks.

Yes.

Skittles, The Huntress

Karen Jo said...

Thank you for the tour of your yard, Daisy. You have lots of interesting plants and birds and animals all around. Is Snack the same little lizard that got into your house recently? I ask because he has a bit of his tail missing.

Anonymous said...

You have a lot of interesting creatures near where you live, Daisy. I can understand why you like to go out for rides!

PaHaRs said...

What a lovely yard you have!!!. you have a lot of friends there. If i have a chance, i will try to be there. Meowwwwwwww

Batigoal
Hope you can remember me

Related Posts with Thumbnails