Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Daisy by any other name...

(Thanks to Maggy and Zoey for this beautiful graphic!)

The Feline Sextet tagged Pixie and I for the name Meme. It is easy to play, you just explain how you got your name!

My Mommie went to pick out a kitten from a Devon Rex breeder, and she had 3 kittens to choose from, because the other kittens were already spoken for. There was a silver tabby, just like Pixie, and a really sweet ginger tabby who was a little bit older. But when my Mommie saw me she fell in love with my beautiful dilute calico coat and funny face. When she picked me up for the very first time, I did not want to cuddle, I wanted to get down and PLAY!

After she chose me, my new Mommie had to leave me for about 2 weeks until I had my Ladygardenectomy. She had only a photo to remember me by! My Mommie spent this whole time thinking of names for me. Some of the ideas were: Kiwi, Wilma, Dolly, Lucy and Opal. My Mommie finally settled on Daisy because the flower is pretty and sunny and is made of happy colors, and is not very formal. I like my name!

Pixie's Name
You only have to take one look at Pixie's baby photo to see why she was named Pixie. She was a little imp with big frootbat ears and huge round eyes. Before she got sick with a bad heart, Pixie was very playful and silly and athletic.

Share/Bookmark

22 Notes for Daisy:

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Daisy,
Our last comment did not postie to da blog. Dis silly blog stuff!

We iz over joyed to see how you & yur sis Pixie got yur namez. dese are furry good names fur catz.

My sis Iris iz named after a flower too.

Dat photo of Pixie iz furry funny.

The M's said...

What a wonderfully nice Mommie to pick your beautiful names.
Thank you for coming to my party, I enjoyed the entire day...Munchkin

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

you haf a wunderful name daisy!!! yer mommie is purrfect at name picking!

smiles, auntie bee

Samantha & Mom said...

That is very nice about your Mommie thinking hard for your name and Daisy is perfect. We love the graphic Maggy and Zoey made for you. And Pixie was a perfect name for your sister. Too cute!
Your FL furiends,

Karen said...

I tagged you for a meme :0

Lux said...

That graphic really shows off your curly furs!

Kiwi would have been a funny name, but I like Daisy best.

Anonymous said...

You are both so beautiful, and your names fit you well. Your Mommie obviously loves you both very much. How much more can you ask from life? True love is a wonderful thing!!

Unknown said...

Both of you guys really are too cute! I like both of your names. I have to say that I do like the name Wilma, but Daisy really just suits you. My Lady just melts when she sees those baby pictures of Pixie!

Zenith & the Fancidots Gang said...

Hi Daisy!
It wuz furry interesting how yu and Pixie got yur names -- yur meowmy picked the purrfect name for each uf yu --

Yu are brite an cheerful and as pretty as any flowr -

And Pixie really did mak a kute ELF when she wuz a babycat!

luf,
yur littel pal
Zenith

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah my dear, when Pixie was a baby is so cute~!!! What a cute lovely baby~!!!! That is a very very precious photo indeed~!!!!!

I love your name story~! You are very shining just like Daisy~! I recall the movie "You got Mail" the actress love Daisy the best, since that time, I also like daisy,too.

And finally I met you, I become love daisy, because Daisy is not a shiny flower anymore, but a bright lovely cat.

Rascal said...

Your mommie certainly chose the right name for you. And that piccie of Pixie is a hoot!

Shaggy and Scout said...

That graphic is gorgeous! Very well done!
We agree you are perfectly named as Daisy! And what a little dear girl Pixie was. She looks just like she's up to something in that picture. Like: "Who me? I wasn't doing anything.""

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

You are very cute and beautiful, Daisy! We are glad your mommy picked you.

Pixie was very very cute when she was a kitten! I wish she didn't have a bad heart...however, she still looks beautiful too!

~Marie

christy said...

We thinks your names are perfect for you two.

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

I love that fresh picture your friends made of you. I saw the B & W one further down your blog....I love B&W photos!
Your name is so refreshing....when I see the sour creme commercial on TV ....I always sing along...DAISY DAISY lalalalalalalmeowz
Oh and my sweet Pixie how sweet and lovely in her baby photo!
Mommy put the tomatoe box on top of the cold box and I love sleeping in it now! Plus it is right next to my favorite highest kitchen shelf! Come on over and we can jump around...I am old, but I can still jump like a frog:)

Ramses said...

Ooh I like how you and Pixie got your names! Cute photo of baby Pixie too, she certainly does have frootbat ears, kinda like my batty 'sis! ;)

Oh and will you be our catster friend? :)

Dma said...

Nice story. I can't imagine any name other than Daisy for you. And that picture of Pixie is classic. Pixie indeed.

The Furry Kids said...

You and Pixie both have names that are absolutely perfect for you.

Love,
Tazo

PS - Momma's car is named Wilma. :)

The Furry Kids said...

Daisy, it took Momma over an hour just to put the wheels on. And they just snap on, but the cr@ppy (sorry!) drawrings in the manual didn't look like the parts on the wheels. She said lots of words on the bad word list - especially after she finished and realized that it should've really only taken about 10 minutes tops. Hahahahaha! Maybe she shoulda called your Daddie for help. hee hee

Unknown said...

Both your names suit you so well!

What a cute picture of baby Pixie, you are both so adorable!

The Crew said...

Pixie dear, your baby picture is just too cute! No wonder your Mom named you Pixie.

We hope you'll have many more purrthdays and get a new banana for each one!

Gretchen said...

I think your name, Daisy and Pixi's name fits your looks and personality.

Hugs...G

Related Posts with Thumbnails