Monday, September 17, 2007

Pixie's Heart Report

Hi everybody! It's me, Pixie. I went to see my cardiologist a few days ago. I guess I am getting a little bit worse, and they said I was in atrial fibrillation. But do not worry, I am still feeling okay. Here is what my report said:
Diagnosis: Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy, severe left atrial enlargement. Progressive left ventricular hypertrophy, left atrial enlargement. Spontaneous echogenic contrast in left atrium.
Recommendations: Severe progressive underlying structural heart disease is present and secondary to heart muscle disease. This is complicated by a concurrent arrhythmia. Patient is at high risk for spontaneous onset of congestive heart failure or clot formation. Recommend adjustment in current medications. Continue to monitor for heavy, difficult or labored breathing, sudden lameness, etc., and seek immediate veterinary attention if seen.
Comments: EKG: Atrial fibrillation with rapid ventricular rate response. No pericardial or pleural effusion, no ascites. Severe MR and systolic turbulence in LVOT. Moderately elevated/dynamic aortic outflows, normal pulmonic outflows. Mitral inflows moderately elevated (E waves only - no evidence of atrial activity). Severe, progressive concentric LVH with mild decline in myocardial contractility (actually improved since previous exam). Hyperechoic endocardium with prominent papillary muscles. No evidence of SAM, IVSH is creating the obstruction. Extremely severe left atrial enlargement with spontaneous echogenic contrast. Normal right atrial size.
Whew! Those are some big words. I do not understand much of that, but I must be important to get all those fancy tests. I think it just means my heart is a little sick. I am going to take a little nap now. And eat a bananer.

ps: I forgot to say that my birthday is almost here! It is on 9/25. I will be twelve years old! This means I am almost a teenager. I hope I get a bananer for my birthday.

Share/Bookmark

77 Notes for Daisy:

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Pixie, I am so sorry to get this news~!!!

I read very detail and I hope you are getting better, I hope your test will be well~!! I will pray for you very often everyday.

I hope Daisy will give you many power to lead you complete all the tests, and we will all standing here to pray for you~!!!

Pixie, go on~!!You will be fine~!
We will be ready for your Birthday~!!

Sincerely yours,
Adan

Parker said...

Hi Pixie!
I am so sorry your heart is sick. I know that your Mommy takes such good care of you and that she does everything possible to keep you happy and healthy.
Your birthday is right around the corner! I'll bet that there are bananers in your future!
Smooches!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We are sorry yoo haf a sick heart Pixie. It did say one of the tests wuz a bit better than the last time so that has to be good. We hope yoo git loads of bananers furr yer purrfday.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pixie,

I'm very sorry to hear your heart is sick.Me and mom will pray for you.
I hope you have a great Birthday and I'm sure you'll get banana :)

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Oh Pixie, I am so sorry to hear about your atrial fibrilation. My mom understands all those big words, since she's studying to be a physiotherapist. Know that you are in our prayers, Pixie, and let's hope they find a cure for HCM. I'm sure you will get a bananer on your birthday.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Dear Pixie, it is such a great surprise to hear this progress report today! These are great big words.
This heart problem sounds scary!
You are so beautiful and sweet, we hope that your medicines willhelp you stay healthy and live a long time.
It is a good thing you are with your mommie. She will take very good care of you.

We tagged you for a meme... but you really do not have to hurry with it... or even DO it for that matter.

We are excited about your birthday and will celebrate it with you.

We love you Pixie
<3 Purrrr, Princess and Caesar

Anonymous said...

Hi Pixie, We are really sorry about that your heart does not feel good. We wish they could cure HCM. I bet you are excited about your birthday. We hope that you get all the bananers you want.

Dma said...

Add my boyz and I to the list of those who will say a lil prayer so that your heart gets better. I think your philosophy of eating a banana is a good one. Life is always a little better after eating a banana.

Mickey's Musings said...

Sorry to hear those big words that mean you are a little more sick. But you have the best Mom to take care of you and your bananers.
Purrs,Mickey

Hot(M)BC said...

Hi Pixie, We's sorry you had such a scary sounding heart repurrt. We's glad you don't feel too bad tho. Maybe we can have a big party for your purrthday at the Cat Blogosphere. You could nap as much as you need to, so you wouldn't have to wear yourself out and feel bad. What do you fink?
Purrrrrrrrrs,
Sanjee, Boni Maroni, Mini, Gree and Pepi

Tara said...

Oh Pixie, take care of yourself. Even though you don't feel too bad, be careful of your heart when picking on ...playing with...Daisy.
Tara

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh Pixie, we is sad that your heart is sick. bananers are 'posed to be good for hearts, so eat lots of them!!

The Furry Fighter said...

hiya pixie - you are very beautiful!
so sorry to hear bout your heart! i so hope this situation can be mananged well pixie. it is amazing what those Beans can do for us these days you know! i am twelve on my next virthday too sweet pixie! please keep us informed on your progress...and take it easy! xxx

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Oh, Pixie, we are sorry to hear your heart isn't feeling so good. We are keeping it in our prayers that it starts feeling better soon. We hear nanners are good for the heart.

Anonymous said...

Pixie, I can't believe that your heart is so sick and you are so young. I mean everyone loves you! Purrs and headbutts

Anonymous said...

Oh Pixie!
I send lots of purrs over the ocean to you. I know you are a strong cat!
Love

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hi honey! i am sorry you are not well and i know how it feels to be sick and sick sucks! you have a nice nap and a bananer and i will too!

smiles, auntie bee

LZ said...

Oh beautiful Pixie you are so brave!! What a scary disease you live with and I'm so happy you get the best care!

Chase

Shaggy and Scout said...

Hello sweet lady! Do you take blood thinners like our grampa did? You are such a lovely elegant lady and we are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers for many more birthdays and 'nanners.

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

KC said...
O, Pixie, sorry ur's heart is sick. u's got such a good heart, too. u's take of youselfs an member we's all purr-raying and purring fur u's.
Love & Purrs, KC

Monty Q. Kat said...

MomBean knows all of the big words, but she explained it to me this way: you've got a big heart to love with. I like her explanations.

And MomBean offered to make you a bananaer cream pie for your purrfday!

Skeezix the Cat said...

I am so sorry yoo are gitting sikker. I won't even git mad cuz yoo hogged Daisy's blog today!

The Furry Kids said...

We're so sorry your heart is so sick, Pixie. We know that Daisy and your mommie will take good care of you. We hope you get lots of bananers for your birthday.

Sarge Charlie said...

You can have the Old Sarge's blog banner for your birthday if you would like........

Forty Paws said...

Oh Pixie,

Bless your little heart, literally. We are purring and sending you healing headbutts. We wish there were a cure for FHC. But we are very glad that your Mommie and Daddie spend green paypers to take you to a vet cardiologist. Lots of beans wouldn't be able to do that, ya know?

Luf, Us

Milton said...

Pixie,
I think you have the best idea when you get news like that, take a nap and eat a 'nanaer. Your rest in important and 'nanaers just taste good and are good for you!
---Beezer

Mr. Hendrix said...

Wow, those are a lot of big words Pixie. I'm sorry your heart is sick. It is wonderful you have such a warm fuzzy home where your beans take good care of your heart.
I can't believe you'll be 12 years old. You wear it well, I'd have never guessed.
I hope you get a squillion nanners for your birthday.

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Dearest Pixie, Get lots of rest and bananers. Have a Happy 12th Birthday too! Hugs and purrs, Cindy and the kitties at Rosehaven Cottage

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Pixie
I'm sure your Mom is going to make sure you have a nanner today and every day you want one sweetie. Just continue to feel good and you take as many naps as you want.

Purrs
Abby

Team Tabby said...

You certainly are important and all those annoying tests will help you get better.

We are loading up on bananers for your birthday!

purrs,
Moe & Mindy

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Pixie, we are very sorry about your heart and will keep purring for you. 9/25 is a very good day for a birthday. It is also our Mommy's birthday. Happy Birthday, Pixie!

Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said...

Pixie, we're sorry your heart isn't feelin' so good. We knows your mom is takin' good care of you, though. We're sendin' purrs and purrayers, and wishin' for lots of bananers for you for your purrthday!

Poppy said...

Hi Pixie! I'm sure you will get a bananer for your birthday because you are such a good cat and a good older sister. Maybe you should get 12 bananers in honor of your 12th birthday!

Poppy

pee ess: Daisy--I do not know how to do REAL agility...just the fun kind with hula hoops and tubes to jump over. You can see pictures soon when my Mommy helps me put the pictures up on my blog.

Honey P. Sunshine said...

oh pixie, hugs and kisses and snuggles to you

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Hi Pixie!!!
Yes, those are some big words, even the acronyms are big. I likes the part (in the Comments) where the Vet says "(actually improved since previous exam)" - that's very good news.
Are you having a birthday party this weekend?
Paws Truly, Icon.

Unknown said...

Pixie, I just get so excited when you make a post. It's so nice to see you. I saw a baby picture of you yesterday, it was so cute! I can't imagine being a teenager, I am only 2. It really does sound exciting. I haven't had a birthday while I've been blogging yet. I really can't wait. I plan on throwing a huge huge party and I hope that you come. If the party is too exciting to you, I'll make a special secret spot for you to take a rest where nokitty will find you.

P.S. I hope you get your bananer!

Samantha & Mom said...

Pixie, purrrs and purrayers your way. So glad the Vet said improved since last visit. (((Hugs))) And we hope you get a bananer for your Birthday.
Your FL furiends,

Jimmy Joe said...

I'm sorry you got a hurt heart, Pixie. Those are some pretty big words, but you look like a tough brave girl. I hope you get a bushel of 'naners for your birthday!
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

HRH Yao-Lin said...

*sniff* Oh pixie...I am sending all my loving purrs to you...bless your cottons you little pudding..

Love from HRH Yao-Lin , the human and baby mao xxx

Karen Jo said...

I did see that one thing has improved since your last visit. That is a good thing, surely. I am so sorry that you have this awful heart disease. I hope that a cure can be found. I like your attitude. A nap and a nanner sound really good to me. I am looking forward to your birthday next week.

Unknown said...

Oh, poor Pixie. My Mum's eyes spilled water when she read your report. I feel so sorry that your heart is sicker. It is good that you have such a caring Mommie who takes such good care of you. I hope Daisy is being nice to you too!

I hope you get a Bananer for your birthday too : )

Meowers from Missouri said...

oh, sweet pixie, we is purrin' an' purrrayin' right now for you . . . we hopes that you really are "just a little bit sicker" an' not a whole lot! you are furry brave, an' we are proud of you!!

zevo hussein calamari said...

Pixie,
We are sending purrs and prayers for your heart. May you get EVERYTHING you want for your birthday!
xoxoxoxo
zevo

Anonymous said...

Have a furry happy birthday Pixie!

Your Friend,
Andrewbun

Chaffee Street Cafe` said...

Dear Pixie,

I wish I were able to pick up up and hold you close to me and give you lots of hugs and kisses. I know you will take it easy so as not to overtax your strength.

I know it must be hard for your family to see you having to deal with this situation. We send them hugs and prayers too.

I am going to light a candle for you at http://www.gratefulness.org
right away. Hang in there Pixie!

Peach Man said...

Poor Pixie! Just take it easy and try not to let your frenemy, I mean, your sister, stress you out.
Simone

Christine and FAZ said...

Dear Pixie, I hope you get lots of bananers for your birthday - you deserve them. FAZ

Katnippia said...

HI Pixie & Daisy!
Pixie, we'z hopez youz feel better soon. We will be sending a bunch of kitty purayerz ups furz youz, and your family.
Purs and headrubberz..Siamia

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Wow, those are the longest words I have ever seen! I hope that your heart is only a LITTLE bit sick and no more!

Please take good care of yourself. Looking forward to your bday soon!!!

~Donny, Marie and Casey

Anonymous said...

we dunno 'bout those werd, but we're glad yur momma duz an that she's gettin' you the best care an givin' you lotsa bananers. we're purrin' fur you!

Pumpkin said...

Tho the repurt frum the vet iz vury skeery wiff all the big werds in it, I'z glad yoo feel okay. I saw bananers on owr cownter (ware I wuzn't supposed to be) and I thot ov sending them to yoo but they'd get all sqwished in the male. Be brave and I wish yoo LOTZ of bananers on yore berfday. Purrrr!

MaoMao said...

Awwwww, great big huggies to you, sweet Pixie, and I'm sorry your heart report had alla those weird and big icky wordies in it -- but I'm glad you're doin' okay. we Ballicai love you furry much, and we're ecksited about yur twelfth burfday comin' up! We hope you get great big BUNCHES of bananers!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Oh No, Pixie! We get very scared trying to read all those medical words about your great big sweet heart. You will be ok. Please rest and eat many bananers! We can't wait for your 12th birthday - how exciting.
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

The Devil Dog said...

Dear Pixie. My mom's dad has a sick heart. It just means he has to move a little slower and take more breaks. So naps are good. Nap as much as you want and enjoy every moment of life.

Roxy

Henny and Marlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Henny and Marlene said...

Ow, Pixie... YOU are very important, but don't think too much about those big words (I think your mommie does enough.) Your favorite food is more important and better for you, as well as a nap. :)

And I am sure you get bananers at your 12th birthday!!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer pixie,
did i ever tell u dat mi mom hadda d-o-g named pixie wen she wuzza little girl? i did? oh.
mi brudder mickey an i ar thinkin uv u an tellin u to take it eezee.
we both think yer verree byootiful an we both luv u alot.
yer sistah iz grate to let u tell yer tale on her blog today.
luv--yer grate frend--jh

Lux said...

Oh, Pixie, I just want to give you a big hug! I'll bet you get *lots of nanners on your birthday, Dear 1 ...

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

Oh dear. Pixie, are you going on any medication? Hope you get well soon.

Anonymous said...

Pixie,
We are sending you lots of cuddles and purrs and lovefaces for your sweet little heart!
MamaCat & the FurryPurries
Ozzy, Alice, Bootsie & Freckles

Ramses said...

Sorry to hear your heart's feeling sick and they sure do have some big words to say just that! Anyway I hope your bananer was tasty and that you get all the bananers you want for your Birthday! :) Cause you're a very special lady cat, about to turn 12 and all! :)

Astrid (…and the kitties too) said...

Oh Pixie (((hugs)))
we are purraying that you are not feeling sick too much. you'll sure have a wonderful birthday with bananers and all!!
hugs'n'purrrs Kashim & Othello

Sasha said...

dear Pixie, I am so sorry to hear of your medical problem. I can see that you are taking a rest, which is probably the best thing to do.

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Dear Pixie,
I'm so sorry your have a hurt heart. I hope you get a banner too for your birthday and maybe tuna juice and your favorite treats.

Tommy and I are sending warm purrs your way to let you know we love you.

Anonymous said...

Pixie:
We ♥ you!

You are a very brave kitty, and we hope you get lots of bananers!


Daphne & Chloe & Jazper & Spooker
and Not The Mama

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Oh, Pixie, I am so sorry your heart is in trouble. You are so young to have heart aches. I have been sick too, but it is my tummy and I have to take this horrible medsines two times a day. I luvs you!!

Mittens who is 14 now

Zoey and the furballs said...

Pixie - I did not understand many of those words either. They are quite confusing but I do agree that you are special cat and it's nice to see that they treat you accordingly. I was also very excited to see that we have the same birthday! I will be 14 that day. It's a very good day that has brought forth many special cats into the world.

darlene said...

ah poor pixie....getting old aint so great is it!!....purrs hope you will feel better

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Pixie,
I am so glad you had a chance to post. I hope you continue to feel well. We think of you often.

We hope you have a wonderful birthday.

Hugs, Scylla, Charybdis, Sockie~Pooh and Mommy too!

Gretchen said...

I'm very sorry, Pixi, that you're not feeling well. My mom bean has a heart condition like yours. She has atrial fib-something or other sometimes she can get pretty sick. Most of the time though, she's been doing pretty good.

Hope you have a lot of good days.

Hugs...G

Anonymous said...

I hope you are doing ok Pixie and hang in there- ok. You eat bananas- for real???

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Dearest Pixie...my sweet little grey girlfurrrend. You are always in my thoughts...each day is such a precious gifty. One thing I know for sure....no kitty is loved more than you at this very moment:)
For your birthday I will learn a new song:)
Love and hugs to you from Peachy

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

We are sending you lots of purrs, gentle hugs and snuggles.

We love you, Pixie!

~ The Cats & The Boyz

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Daisy,

This is Dr Tweety. I haff a furry good ting to tell Miss Pixie.

Our grampa Tiger had congestive heart failure diag-nosed at age 14, & he lived to be a ripe old happy cat of 18 plus! He waz on some much needed medz fur dose yearz, but he waz alwayz dere to guide & love us.

We tink Pixie will be OK dokee wit her medz, & just to be sure about dat, we five are goin' to send her a big "GET WELL!"

Lisa said...

Hi Pixie! Sorry to hear you heart is sick. I hope the medicines work and I hope you got your bananer!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear you are a sick girl. You have a good mama (and hopefully sister). 12 is a good age for a kitty. I hope you get some bananer too.

Jaya said...

I am going to eat
a banana too. For
YOU, Pixie.

Sending love to you
and your family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails