Saturday, September 15, 2007

Photo Hunters #36: Plastic

The Photo Hunters theme this week is plastic. This is a very sad post for me to write. Here is a picture of me in my beautiful tiara. I always thought my tiara was made from platinum, diamonds, rubies and emeralds. It is very shiny, sparkly and beautiful. See how glamorous I look in my beautiful, priceless tiara? I am was very proud of my tiara.
But then, after examining my tiara closely, I found out that it is not real. It is actually made of plastic!
I am very angry and disappointed in my plastic tiara. I guess you cannot trust jewelry you buy in a grocery store. Please remember this.


Share/Bookmark

81 Notes for Daisy:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Oh Daisy, I'm sorry to hear that your tiara is not real. It is still very pretty and looks lovely on you.

Re: my fountain. We haven't been able to find the added resevoir anywhere in Germany. My mom doesn't mind filling it up. It's less work than giving me fresh water every day was.

The Wanderer said...

Fanks for tellings us about the not real tiara!!!We totallys would have thoughts it was real!

~Napoleon,Hunter,&Belle~

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that your tiara is plastic but it is still pretty and you look lovely in it.
Sara from farmingfriends

jams o donnell said...

A plastic tiara? you have ben cheated Daisy. You must wreak a terrible revenge forthwith!

Seriously, it's another lovely set of photos and a great take on the theme. Have a great weekend

Leslie said...

Daisy, (hold on I have to yell very loudly for a bit). Ok, finished. Right, Daisy, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I think your tiara is VERY beautiful. :)

Oh, and I have tagged you here: http://topcatrules.blog.com/2084775/

Hootin Anni said...

OMG, Omg....this is so precious. I enjoyed your weeks themed photos for the hunt, Daisy.

The M's said...

Are you going to wear it to my party?....Munchkin

Anonymous said...

I am so terribbly sorry for your disappointment Daisy. What can I say :(

Great post!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Daisy, you still look lovely in that tiara. I won't tell if you don't.

Michele said...

Oh dear. That is so sad indeed however, you still looked lovely in the tiara, plastic or not!
The Rocky Mountain Retreat

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

How disappointing, Daisy! But surely the stones must be real, right?

Have a great warm weekend! It's 38F right now in ChiTown! BRRRR!

Mickey's Musings said...

Complain to the Management!!!!!
You can always wear it out and never worry if it gets broken.
(If you don't tell,we won't know,:)
Purrs Mickey

Rosemary B❤️ said...

We are disappointed as well. We hope you did not pay 2 billion dollars for it.
You do look very nice in it.
I bet the real thing would weigh a ton!

Purrrr, Prin

Parker said...

It is still very pretty. You look like a roaring 20's flapper cat in it!

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

It might not be the real deal, but it's still very shiny and cute... and you don't have to worry about insuring it!

Monty Q. Kat said...

Oh, I'm sorry Daisy. Maybe you can get a non-plastic one for your birthday?

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

u know daisy ... mi mom sez dat sum peepul can ware costyoom jewelree an it lookz like da reel thing.
i think u can pull off dat plastic tiara.
i thot it wuz reel, miself.
luv--jh

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

check, note to self: nefer trust grocery story diamonds. got it...

oh daisy honey it is lovely anyway and you are bootiful too...

smiles, auntie bee

Cindy said...

Move over Queen Elizabeth! I'll take a picture of you in your tiara, Daisy, over her any day, even if hers is real!

Kate said...

every cat deserves a tiara, and is just as beautiful without:)

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Daisy, you make plastic look like diamonds and precious stones!

~ Gracie

Anonymous said...

You are still the queen of all cats, Daisy!

tanabata said...

Sorry to hear about your fake tiara. How frustrating! You do look lovely all the same though! :)

Hot(M)BC said...

Sorry about your plastic tiara, Daisy. The Nip Ravioli is real, though. It's definitely wrong your Mommy won't let you open it til you can get pikshurs though. Silly Mommy.
Purrrrrrs,
Sanjee

Jersey - The Furry Diva said...

Plastic jewels??? Oh my... hope we won´t get plastic treats someday.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Nefurr mind Daisy, yer tiara is still byootyfull. Our mum duzn't always wear her gold and diemunds, sumtimes she wears fake. We don't know if it is plastik or not, but she calls it kosstyoom joolery, that's probly what yer tiara is.

Forty Paws said...

Oh Daisy! You must be devastated! We hope you didn't pay a lot of pocket money for it! Bless your heart.

Luf, Us

Anonymous said...

Boy is mommy's niece going to be disappointed she's got one too. You still look very cute though :)

Starbuck and Torrey said...

Thank you for the tip, Daisy! We'll make sure to check our grocery store jewelry before buying it next time!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

It's okay Daisy, yoor still beyootiful in yoor tiara...if it were real it wood wey to much fur yoo to wear and someone wood sherly try to steel it.

The Devil Dog said...

Oh but Daisy, if it were real jewels then you would be kidnapped for it and they wouldn't want you, just the tiara and then you would be lost and your mommy would be so lost without you, as would we all, we wouldn't know what to do. You are much safer this way. And really, you make anything priceless, just by wearing it.
Roxy (and Lucky)

Milton said...

Ya know, Dasiy, when you wear the tiara it looks real. I think that's because you are such a elegant kitty you make every thing look beautiful. I bet Skeezix feels like a million bucks when he's on a date with you. And that is what really matters.

---Beezer

Honey P. Sunshine said...

its still furry pretty

Patricia said...

Awwww...sorry about your tiara, Daisy. My daughter faced this same reality last weekend when she bought a princess crown at Disney World. The shame of it! =) Thanks for stopping by Pollywog Creek, and have a great weekend.

Sarge Charlie said...

Daisy you must be the Queen of Catdom

Unknown said...

You always look beautiful, Daisy. No need to wear a tiara =)

Gledwood said...

Daisy are you a special breed of cat? I have had pet RABBITS with ears not much taller than yours... not that I'm trying to make you feel selfconscious or anything ...
Lovely blog you got here. I hopped in via several blogs removed Gattina's the EuroCatLover.
My name's Gledwood I'm into hamsters I'm afraid I cannot have cats where i live it is too horrible for a cat there for a start...
Come by if you like: gledwood2.blogspot you're welcome any time ... ok take it easy!

gleds

Myst (Muddy's Brother) said...

That is the prettiest crown in the world!

Anonymous said...

So cute pictures, the tiara suits well :)

Unknown said...

Ooh girl, I would be mad. Wait, I'm a boy. I don't care about no tiara! I am, however, sorry for your loss. Maybe your mommie or daddie will buy you a real diamond and platinum tiara one day.

Anonymous said...

The tiara is still furry pretty when you wear it though, Daisy, because you are such a Style Queen!

Tara said...

That is still a lovely tiara! I don't think it is so bad that it is plastic.
Tara

jenianddean said...

It's still beautiful even if it's plastic. (But my mom agrees with you about jewelry bought at the grocery store.)

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

JT said...

Unlucky! You should contact Dateline about grocery store jewelry. I'm sure they'll do a piece on it!

Shaggy and Scout said...

We were pretty sure those were real jewels! We heard that royalty people have identical fake jewelery made to look just like the real stuff and wear that to dinners & events. The real stuff stays locked in the Tower of London under guard. What a disappointment to have real stuff & never get to wear it! Wear yours with your usual aplomb sweetie!

Anonymous said...

How adorable! Good choice of photos! Mine is up too. Hope you can visit me :) Have a great week!

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Prettiest plastic we've efur seen.

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

Oh my, Daisy! Your tiara is PLASTIC? I would never have known! Lift your head up dear girl, you wear it so well and it's the wearer, not the crown, that makes one regal!

The Furry Fighter said...

wow...you are so patient with your beans - i can't believe how you let them dress you up - almost on a daily basis it seems! that itara does look very good on you, even if it is plastic!

Sheila said...

I'm amazed at how apparently good natured you are. I came here from your friend Auntie Bee's blog and I'm glad I did.

MaoMao said...

Awwww, Daisy, I'm sorry you founded out yur tiara is plastic, but it is furry bee-yootiful on you, and you look like a purr-incess wearin' it!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Skeezix the Cat said...

Daisy if I was going to by yoo a tiara, I'd by it at Tiffanys becuz that's ware Awdrey Hepbern wint for joolry in one of my faverit mooveys, "Brekfist at Tiffanys", and the Food Lady tot me that gerls reely like gitting stuff that comes in little bloo boxes frum Tiffanys.

BTW, I got yer pakije but I can't open it until tomorrow wich is offishully my berthay.

Anonymous said...

The tiara is beautiful regardless. Look at the bright side, if it was real, it would be too heavy for you to wear! Great photos and have a good weekend.

katie eggeman said...

I read your story to Nala the cat and she has implored me never to shop for her in Grocery stores again.
all about Nala

http://bankerchick-writerscramp.blogspot.com/2007/06/thursday-thirteen-6.html

Anonymous said...

Oh Daisy, I'm so sorry that your tiara is plastic -- I'm sure that was a disappointing discovery, but take heart, dear -- you look beautiful in it regardless of what it is made of!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

It still has a pretty butterfly on it, and you look gorgeous in it. We think you should wear it even if it isn't really cause it still looks pretty.

~Scylla & Charybdis

Lux said...

Oh Daisy, how disappointed you must have been! It's still very pretty, though.

Myrna said...

Daisy -- you would be lovely in anything, and on you, the gems sparkle as if they were real!!

PowersTwinB said...

darn, Daisy, and you looked so dang cute in that plastic tiara! I have a tiara, but it isnt plastic, its real siler, with perals and diamonds and rubies...wait, thats the one in my dreams....lol..Great photos of you this weeks sweetie! My photos are up, lease come and visit soon!

Miz said...

Plastic or real you still look like the Duchess of Divine!!

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

That's a very good jewelry buying tip, Daisy. I will make sure and remember that from now on. Don't be too disappointed. It still sparkles and sparkles are always a good thing! Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Great point~!

Although A great tiara's meaning is not about plastic, but it means the winner, so, don't disppointed too much.

Kimo and Sabi said...

It's called costume jewelery, which is furry chic! You looks great in yer chic tiara!

The Furry Kids said...

The good thing about a plastic tiara is that if it gets stolen, it won't make you that sad. I still think you look very beautiful, Daisy.

Love,
Tazo

Team Tabby said...

We can see the disappointment in your eyes, Daisy. Never mind what it's made of, with your tiara on, you look like a million dollars.

Moe & Mindy

Chrissie said...

I'm with all the other cats who say that if it looks real, blings real, and you look so beeeyoutiful in it, then, by golly, it's real!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

I still thinks your tiara is very pretty even if it is plastic. You could use it for your every days tiara?

Jimmy Joe said...

That's a real bummer about the tiara, Daisy. But at least you still got your great diamond necklace that you wore with your Supercat shirt yesterday!
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh my gosh, the tiara was plastic! We are so sorry about that. It looked very lovely on you and we would never have known. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Jake and Bathsheba said...

"you cannot trust jewelry you buy in a grocery store." That made Mom laugh and laugh! Thank you. She needed that!

~J&B

Siani said...

Daisy, a plastic tiara is not all bad news. If it was made of gold and precious gems, it would be a very heavy tiara, much too heavy for the pretty little head of a refined feline princess such as yourself. And you look very pretty in it, plastic or not. Great pics for this week's PhotoHunt!

The Fluffy Tribe said...

you still look fangtastic dahling Daisy ~The Fluffy Tribe

Anonymous said...

Plastic or not, your tiara is BEAUTIFUL! I wish I had one like that! :)

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Daisy. It doesn't matter if your tiara is made of plastic. You still look regal wearing it.

Jaya said...

A PLASTIC tiara? This is an outrage!! Now I have doubts
about MY tiara, which I bought
at the Dollar Store...

Gretchen said...

Plastic or not, you look very dazzling in your tiara.

Hugs...G

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Daizy-

Da five belleve dat you are worth fur more than mere plast-eek. We tink your momma ough to negoshee-ate wit Mr Harry Winston & hiz furry special vault managerz.

At da very least, she can take you wit her in da stroller, so dat YOU can be da nego-she-ate-her, & git doze diamondz!!! You iz a furry beautiful gurl & if you were not already in love wit dat Skeezix fellow, I woul offer you a diamond fur your paw!

Paulie said...

That tiara is plastic so a thief won't steal it. The real one is in your mommy's heart, safe and sound. It is made of beautiful jewels and if you want to wear it, just ask mommy and she will share her treasures of her heart with you!

Loved your entry this week!

Come see mine.

Dma said...

I've learned a valuable lesson and I will never buy jewelry from a grocery store.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness Daisy, this was such a hilarious post - you really crack me up : )

Tanj,Uschi&Vladi said...

Very regal !

Related Posts with Thumbnails