Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday 13, Edition #40: My sister Pixie

In honor of Pixie's birthday this week, I am going to tell you 13 things about Pixie!
  1. Even though she loves bananers, she always waits patiently by her food dish to get her morning serving of bananer pieces. She is very polite.
  2. She also loves cheeses.
  3. After her visit to the cardiologist this month, she changed medicines. She does not take Spironalactone or Diltiazem any more. Now she takes Enalapril, Plavix, Lasix and Atenolol. These medicines are for her cardiomyopathy.
  4. Pixie loves getting her ears rubbed and makes funny little meow noises when my Mommie gives her ears a massage.
  5. She has a very colorful heart! Here are some pictures from her ultrasound that prove it:
  6. Pixie likes to hiss. A lot! And when she growls, she sounds like a siren. Sometimes my Mommie calls her Piccolo-Pete. Or, just "Picky."
  7. When she goes number 2 in the litterbox, Pixie does not like to get her feets in the litter, so she perches on the very edge of the box. She is very proud of this skill. If you want to see a picture of this, click here. But I will understand if you do not want to go there.
  8. Pixie is the very first Devon Rex cat my Mommie ever got. And Pixie was such a good cat that she got me, next!
  9. She likes fresh catnip that grows in dirt. I only like the dried up kind.
  10. Pixie does not know how to tell funny jokes. And when I tell her my jokes, she does not laugh.
  11. She has almost no furs left on her undercarriage. So, sometimes she leaves dirt from her tummy on the things she sleeps on.
  12. Sometimes Pixie growls at me. But it is never my fault. Nope. Because I am the good one.
  13. I love my sister very much.


Share/Bookmark

72 Notes for Daisy:

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Thank you for introducing more About Your lovely sister-Pixie.
It's my honored to know her more.

That is very funny that Pixie love yellow, soft and good smell food. I think that is her very special part~! She is a cat who could warm everyone, because she always eat yellow food, which is very very nice.

And the skill of when she doing number 2, Oah, that is amazing, I can't do it either for my life~!!! That is really really highly skills~!!! I paws for her~!!!

Enjoy fresh catnip is very special too. I think that is very good, because a cat loves natural fresh is always welcome, just like she love natural banana~!!

Finally,
Daisy, I am very proud of you that you love your sister very much. That is the most important one~!! You have very strong connection to each other, that is Love~!

Purr~!
Say hello to Pixie for me.
Adan

Parker said...

I think Pixie is wonderful, but I don't know why she likes real nanners - they don't do much for me!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That's furry inchresting and we can see yoo love her furry much. Mum asked us if we wantid to try a bananner and we sed YUCKY!!!
I (Eric) yoosed to go in the litterbox for #2's like that when I wuz yunger, but now I only put 3 paws up on the side and put one paw in the box.
Flynn: Haha, he means when he wuz slimmer and more affletik.

Anonymous said...

have a nice TT

Anonymous said...

Pixie is a very interessting cat. Thank you to share all this information about her!
And a happy birthday to her!!!!!!!
Love

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

The ultrasounds of Pixie's heart are very colourful! :) Pixie's belly is like mine - I tend to leave oil on the blankets I sleep on when I'm in need of a bath. Thanks for sharing the information about Pixie, Daisy. :)

Poppy Q said...

Dems nice things you told me about your big sister Pixie. You are lucky to have another kitty cat to love and she is lucky to have you!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice list, Daisy!

Thanks for stopping by my TT & I hope that you & Pixie will make it a great Thursday. :)

Anonymous said...

That was a great TT for Pixie. It is really nice to find out more about her. Lucy uses the litter box the exact same way as Pixie! Daisy you are very sweet to love your sister so much.

Honey P. Sunshine said...

ha ha ha, that #2 photo is cute, quite the balancing act

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Our Mommy just started taking Atenolol too (25mg) for her high blood pressure. It makes her very sleepy, so she takes it right before bed. Does it make Pixie sleepy? Mommy says that Pixie is lucky she can nap whenever she wants.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Dear Daisy, we love you and Pixie very much. Her heart is very colorful. we hope the meds help her.
Prinnie and I have cardomiopathy too but ours is mild I guess because we do not take pills.

Pixie is wonderful.
We hope both of you have a wonderful day
Headbutts (gentle of course)~Caesar

Dma said...

Very sweet Daisy. Your lucky to have a great big sister. And even though she growls at you I'm sure she appreciates her little sister a lot. Keep working on your jokes. I'm sure she's laughing on the inside...

Daisy said...

Riley & Tiki, when Pixie started the Atenolol this month, the doctor said to watch her closely to make sure she did not get too weak or wobbly on it. So far, she seems OK. But she will go to the doctor in a couple weeks to have her bloods tested to make sure the medicines are not hurting her kidneys or liver.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Daisy, yoo are a very good sisfur to do this fur Pixie. We hope da meds help her heart. We think Sadie would like to do #2 like that, she hates to touch the litter.

Forty Paws said...

We think the 2nd picture of Pixie's ultrasound looks like space invaders! Maw holds out nanners for us to sniff and we walk away. We do not understand Pixie's luf of nanners. Maybe she needs extra potassium because of her heart condition and that is her way of getting it. Aren't we smart?

Luf, Us

The Furry Kids said...

Momma takes atenolol, too! :) We liked learning all those neat things about Pixie. She has very good balance when she uses the litterbox. Momma is going to tell Daddy that we have to move to a house with at least two bathtubs, so that we can have a litterbox in the tub, too. Or we can stay in this house, but her and Daddy should shower at the gym instead.hee hee That bathtub/litterbox combo is a very good idea. Your Mommie is very smart.

Love,
Tazo

None said...

How nice of you to dedicate your TT to your sister. Hope all goes good with her heart meds, must not be easy for her. Im not too sure about her taste in bananers, thats a little odd!

Tamra

Anonymous said...

Kitties like to eat the strangest things. And it's all very personal to the cat. Mine's all about fresh strawberries and green beans. But has stuck his face into everything from nacho sauce to pickles!

Happy TT!
http://blog.vigilant20.net/?p=1317

Sasha said...

That is very nice of you to write all those things about your sister Pixie. She sounds as if she is a real character.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sarge takes almost the same stuff as pixie, i will haf to tell him and he might start liking fresh nip, do you think? he does not haf much hair either, maybe i shud fix his bed like pixie's too. what do you fink???

smiles, auntie bee

Daisy said...

Good idea Auntie Bee!!!

LZ said...

Pixie is quite a dainty lady! Growling is OK, it just means you're displeased. I like her litterbox habits, especially the part about it being in the bathtub!!!

Chase

Sarge Charlie said...

Yep, I want to try some of that fresh nip, who knows maybe I will like it, I did take Atenolo at one time, they changed mine. I am sure Pixie just thought you did something bad.

Tara said...

It was fun learning more about Pixie! She is a great sister for you!
Tara

snowforest said...

Pixie is definitely very interesting. She is a great sister and an adorable cat. Hope there are many more happy times ahead for both of you :)

Unknown said...

Pixie seems like such a good sister. Sometimes I wish that I had a sister.

Anonymous said...

I think that was fascinating to learn all about Pixie like that. By the way in bloglines on the feed that I subscribed through, you have 23 subscribers. This does not include other services nor does it include anyone who has subscribed on other feeds (most blogs have several). Your numbers are a lot higher than mine!

ASTOR CATS said...

Daisy, that's 13 very interesting things about Pixie. We can tell you really love your sister.

Midnite & Stray Kitty

Shaggy and Scout said...

We loved getting to know Pixie better! It takes great balance & sklill not to tip that litter box! She is a very polite lady.

Tink said...

Pixie is adorable (not as adorable as you of course!). I hope her new medicines help to keep her heart going for very long!
Thanks for visiting my Tink TT.

Skeezix the Cat said...

Mao perches on the side of the catbox ixzaktly the same way Pixie duz!!!!

The Meezers or Billy said...

Pixie is a very speshul sisfur. we does haf a question though - if your litterbox is in the human rainbox, then where do the humans go to get clean?

Poppy said...

Those were some very interesting facts about Pixie. I like the picture of her perching on the edge of the litterbox. She has circus skills too! I have a kitty friend who does that. He uses one box for #2 and a different box for #1. He's very fastidious.

Poppy

Daisy said...

Sammy and Miles: The litter box is in the tub in the guest bathroom upstairs. If we have guests that stay overnight, then the box has to be moved into the master bathroom. There is also a bathroom downstairs, but we are Not Allowed to use that one because visitors go in there.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

What a very colorful heart you have Pixie. I wonder what color our hearts are? Great balancing there too! I'll bet your momma could toilet train you.

The Crew said...

Daisy, I have the same problem. I get hissed at by Max & George, 'specially George 'cause I think he's old and cranky! But like you, it's never MY fault.

Your friend
Misty

ASTOR CATS said...

Thanks for visiting our blog, Daisy. We live in Central Florida in northern Lake county, in Astor. We live on a canal off the St. John's river. We're are surrounded by the Ocala National Forest and not too far from Daytona Beach (35/40 miles).

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

You are very lucky to have a sisfur like Pixie! I bet she loves you as much as you love her.

Purrs
Abby

Black Cat said...

Daisy, those are such sweet things you wrote about your sister and I love her colourful heart. I hope the meds make her feel a lot more betterful. I'm stunned by her use of the litterbox, that's so clever. I'm sure she could learn to use the human litter box, then she'd have a wider edge to balance on:)

Of course, you were the first to go into my blogroll because you always leave me such nice comments and I love you:)

Unknown said...

Oh Daisy, that is very nice that you did a T13 about Pixie, you are a very nice sisfur!

My Mum takes two of Pixies pills too, that is funny! I hope Pixie gets good news at her next appointment.

My litter box has a lid, so I could not do that Pixie trick of standing on the edge, although because I am very, very not skinny I don't think it would work anyway : )

jenianddean said...

Pixie sounds like a great big sister, and so nice of you to feature her.
--Jasper

The Furry Kids said...

Daisy, Momma likes your football team a lot. She thinks that the dolphin looks cute in that little helmet. Daddy says that at least you guys got rid of Joey Harrington. He didn't bring our Lions much luck either. :)

Love,
Tazo

Catlady4 said...

Awww! hug Pixie for us!

Emma, Jamie, Thomassina and Bob

Anonymous said...

Daisy - you are such a good story teller. We ♥ Pixie!

Country Dawn said...

The litterbox picture is priceless! LOL

DK & The Fluffies said...

BANANAS! ~Fiona Bun

HRH Yao-Lin said...

daisy that pictire of pixie is hilarious! I love it! ha ha censored image ha ha! I think that pixie's heart is beautiful just like her. xx

Mickey's Musings said...

Daisy,those were very neat things to learn about Pixie.Mom likes her litter box pic as it really shows off her fine furs.
You look pretty small next to her.
You would be pretty small next to me too as I am 11 pounds.
I'm glad you love your sister since I think you are both soooooo cute.Purrs!

darlene said...

this was a funny posting....gosh i could write a book on the personalities of all my 7....lol
they sure are none the same

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Oh dat Pixie!!! Auntie Stinkie lovez dat fresh catnip too. Dat iz da furry best she sez. You two look kinda' grumpy like each other. Da five iz lettin' Delilah post da 13 tingz today.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer daisy,
wut'z a "undercarriage?
i wood put mi sistah kallie (age 18 an verree ... verree tuff) against yer sistah pixie in da hissin department. mis sitah iz hissin an hissin all da time.
luv--jh

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Thank you for telling us more about Pixie. You are both very pretty cats. We are late reading TT's today because Mommy ran off this morning. She is home now and we are catching up with all our friends. Mommy did a TT about Ocean Springs (that is where she was at today).

~Scylla & Charybdis

Dorothy said...

Pixie is a very good sister to have. She takes almost the same medicines that I do. Her doses must be very small.

Shilgiah the Cat said...

It's clear from the look in your eyes that you love your big sister...even if she hisses at you sometimes. Her heart is very colorful. Hope the new medicines help her heart some better.

The Cat Realm said...

Those were great things to learn about Pixie. I admit, I did watch her #2 picture. And laughed. Sorry Pixie...
I hope you had a great birthday!

The Furry Fighter said...

ise adore pixie, she is so pretty!
it is funny that she growls. mum has never heard me growl ever, and i only hiss at castle veryu rarely when he pisses me off by sinking his teef into my back - usually either side of my spine - an you;ve seen his teeth right??? that is also a very clever way to 'drop the kids off at the pool'!!!

Sandra Schwab said...

Ooooh, aren't those furry babies cute! And #1? Too funny! I'Ve never heard of a cat who liked bananas.

Happy TT13 and best wishes from a fellow cat-lover from Germany!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Pixie yous the only kitty I knows that likes nanners. My mommy bean likes them but not me.

Pixie you sure do have a colourfuls heart.

Merlin said...

That's a furry nice TT for your big sister. I have never had bananers, but I do like cheeses!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved to read the 13 things about your sister, Daisy!

Some of our cats and the doggies also love an ear massage, but only the doggies make noises then.
That Pixies has a very colorful heart is no surprise, but I wish you not had to prove it with this pictures. And of course I looked at the picture of Pixie's litter skill. Did you really had to censore it... ;)

I know you love her, Daisy and I know why: she is a very special Rex!!

Samantha & Mom said...

Pixie you are a wonderful cat and your sister Daisy loves you very much. Wow, that picture of her on the litter box was cool. Pixie has great balance. Thanks for sharing more info about Pixie. Her heart pictures were very neat and colorful.
Your FL furiends,


PS: Thank you for the comment on our blog today. We will look for the video camera you told us about.
Our other one has so many buttons and stuff, it's to hard to down load from.

Karen Jo said...

I loved reading your TT all about Pixie. She does quite a balancing act on the edge of the litterbox. I hope her new medicines help her heart a whole lot. It is such a colorful heart. I'm sure you never do anything that would upset Pixie to make her hiss and growl at you. She must just be in a bad mood when she does it.

Anonymous said...

I love any excuse to talk about cats. Pixie's thirteen were very entertaining. Pet her for me, ok?

Andree said...

Hi Daisy. PIxie is a doll. She is so happy with you and mom, isn't she? She is soft and loving and has a great personality.

Thank you for your sweet words for Anna and her loss of Kitten. They mean so much to her and me. You are as kind as you are cute.

Zoey and the furballs said...

Thank you for sharing about Pixie. We like learning new things about her.

L. Alida said...

I have two kitties that are 12 years old too Pixie. Happy Birthday! Daisy, you and your sis are too cute :) I will say prayers for Pixie's continued health.
Hugs and Blessings Sweeties,
Lorianna

Anonymous said...

Obviously, Pixie has good taste. Bananas are quite yummy. Skritches to you both.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

That was an excellent "All 'Bout Pixie" ... I learned so much. I, too, like my 'nip when it's still in the dirt/plant stage. It's fresher that way an' far juicier. YUM!
DMM

Mr. Hendrix said...

What a great Thursday 13. I love to hear more about Pixie. She is a very good kitty to go thru so much with her heart and stuff. She is very polite to wait for her banannas. Big sisters are supposed to hiss at little siblings. Mommy has a little brother that is how I know.
I too looooooooove nip in the dirt. mmmmm
Thanks for telling us more about Pixie!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Pixie sure has good balance!!

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Oh we loved learning more about your wonderful sister, Pixie! We think it's great that she likes cheese and has a colorful heart! We also had to look at the #2 photo - she is very talented!
Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

Related Posts with Thumbnails