Friday, January 18, 2008

Fashion Friday: Looking good on a shoestring budget

Today we will talk about how accessories can make your outfit. This little hooded jacket came from a dollar store. You can tell it is not very fashionable, and it is a little bit too big for me. So, I started digging around in my accessories to try to make the outfit look better. First I added this jaunty kerchief. I think there is a big improvement already!
Next I added the crown from my ballerina suit. I do not think this look works. Even though I love my pretty pink crown. The crown got thrown back into the accessory box.
Finally, I found a look that works! I put the hood up and added my beautiful pink diamond necklace. How do I look?
My last bit of advice is, if you cannot figure out a good look, you are always safe to go with a simple and elegant strand of pearls.

Share/Bookmark

71 Notes for Daisy:

Ramses said...

Such wise fashion tips always make my day, so I'z given you'z an award! :)

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Dearest Daisy,

You are very good at fashion, put the hood up and added my beautiful pink diamond necklace~! That is the best~!!!!
Keeping your style and make the unfashion clothes become a fashion way, that is very taugh~! And I believe you are reaching that level today~!! You are very professional for sure~!!!!!

Certainly, the simple and elegant strand of pearls is great for a lovely lady like you, your advice is excellent, it's work every girl cat~!!!!

Have a great weekend, and so is Pixie, too.

Purr,
Adan

Anonymous said...

Daisy, you are the Cat mentioned in the word 'Catwalk fashions model', I'm sure!

Good day to you and Pixie and your Mommie. :)

Parker said...

It's very true, you can never go wrong with pearls!

Poppy Q said...

Daisy your Friday Fashion is sooper this week. If only I could wear clothes and pearls.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Thanks for the fashion tips, Daisy. :) You look lovely in your hoodie and kerchief. :)

4 Boys and a Lady said...

You always give the best advice, dear Daisy! We think you deserve your own fashion show on TV!

Nomi said...

If only all fashun advisors were as wize as you Daisy. You mayke it sound so simpil. Stunning look !

Ali & Fiona said...

We really liked the pink crown, it was very trendsetting but we think you looked furry pretty in the the neckercheif and diamonds too.

Mickey's Musings said...

I think you do a great job of showing how important the right accessories are.
Your strand of pearls are georgeous.
Purrs Mickey

Sarge Charlie said...

What a nice fashion show, I think you looked cute in all your outfits,

Anonymous said...

Daisy my mom says your the prefect model.She wishes I would pose more like you :)

Maria said...

Absolutely fabulous Dahling! The whole ensemble brings out the subtle pink undertones in your fur. Just lovely!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

lovely ideas honey! unfortunately i cannot usually find my clothes in the dollar store, no matter how hard i look. now sometimes i can find some stuff for sarge though! ha ha ha

you are beautiful!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We think the hood up with your lovely scarf and necklace was very fashionable.

The pearls look very classy and elegant on you. We love the pink bow you added to them.

Scylla, Charybdis & Sockie~Pooh

Black Cat said...

Stunning as ever dear Daisy, you have such good taste:) xxx

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

I like the pearls. Maybe the pearls with the scarf?

Chrissie said...

My mom says that pearls dress up everything-being a guy, I think you look pretty without all that glitz, but my mom says thats just the way girls are.

Daisy, I like Miss Delilah and think she's very pretty..how can I show her I like her without going too overboard? I don't want to rush her by moving too fast, but I also don't want her to think I'm not interested.Can you advise me?
Thank you!
Angus

Dma said...

Thank you for the accessory lesson. I learned lots.

The Furry Kids said...

Daisy, I learn so much about fashion from you! With your hood up, you look like Audrey Hepburn.

Love,
Tazo

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

You are quite the model, Daisy! How do you sit still for so long with clothes on? I can't sit still at all, and for sure not with clothes! You look pretty.
--JB

Clover said...

Oh Daisy, you know so much about fashion! Great work on pulling that look together - you look beautiful!!
Love Clover xo

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Daisy we have an award for you. Please come by our blog to get it when you have a chance.

Scylla, Charybdis & Sockie~Pooh

Anonymous said...

A lot of good information there, Daisy -- as a gentleman cat, I can't personally use it, but at the same time, it's easy to see how sharp it makes you look!

Scout said...

You are definitely a good candidate for America’s Next Top Model!

Purrs,
Scout

The Meezers or Billy said...

good advice. what can I do with a vishus deer sweater? - Miles

Kaz's Cats said...

Daisy, another brilliant fashion post - and although we don't wear clothes, we're again amazed at how easily you pull the purr-fect outfit together.

Purrs

Gypsy & Tasha

Forty Paws said...

Yes, we can see why you tossed the crown back. It just didn't go with that hoodie. Very good advice once again!

Luf, Us

Tybalt said...

Daisy, what wonderful advice! You are a true inspiration.

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Great tips Daisy. You certaintly are the most fashionable kitty!

Honey P. Sunshine said...

i luf the jaunty kerchief and the diamonds

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Daisy, I think you could give large classes on this fashion advice. You are very wise!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

You look cute in most anything! But I am partial to the kerchief!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Fabulus...just fabulus!

jenianddean said...

My mom has always been a simple strand of pearls girl. It was a lesson she learned from her mom. But I do like your jaunty kerchief!!

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Rocky, Angie & S'more said...

Hi Miss Daisy!
You look adorable in anything you wear! We especially like the hoodie with just the 'kerchief - very trendy!

We hope you and Pixie Bananers have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Rocky, Angie, S'more, & our Mommy,
Karen xo

L. Alida said...

Daisy, you are so pretty in pink! You and your Mommie are quite the fashionable team. Does Pixie ever watch your modeling sessions?
Hugs and Purrs to you and Pixie,
Lorianna

SophieKitty said...

As always, you look beautiful. I wish I could wear fashions, but it makes me give the bitey.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh...you sure do have the ability to accessorize, Miss Daisy! We is so impressed!
Very truly yours,
The Whiskers & Purrs Gang

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Hehe Yes, fashion can be very expensive! Thanks for the great accessories tips! `Queen Snickers

The Furry Fighter said...

wow, you are so good at the faashions! i never miss a Fashion Friday on your blog, I absolutely love your style Daisy!

My Bean has started eyeing up clothes for me...i saw her in the clothing section of the shop at the Vet Place...she had better not put me in anything, I even dislike collars!

Have a good weekend x

Shaggy and Scout said...

Excellent advice today Daisy. We think our mom needs help in this department so we are gonna go through all her jewelery boxes & give her some help.

Anonymous said...

Daisy, you have such marvelous fashion sense! And you look gorgeous and oh-so-stunning in your pearls.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Skeezix the Cat said...

Daisy, I have a skarf ikzaktly like yers! But I don't have a doller store pink hoodie. Or perls. I think I need to go shopping for perls.

Mr. Hendrix said...

you always look so stunning daisy. very fashionable. thanks for the shoesting fashion tips. i always spend my allowance on catnip toys, but want to be fashionable too.

Unknown said...

Daisy, your fashion sense astounds me. You made that dollar store hoodie look very expensive and chic! A job well done.

I think I need to purchase some pearls - a girl should always have pearls in her wardrobe.

PB 'n J said...

Excellent fasion advice - you're a feline fashion diva!

Anonymous said...

What fasion sense you have Daisy! We can't decide which look we like the best between the final 2.
jackie, gidget, and fritz

Pearl C. Pritchard said...

You look a bit like Audrey Hepburn.

PerfectTosca said...

Daisy I think pearls are You!

You are so dainty in your outfits. I mean, I'm a girl too, but I'm just a big chooch! I could never pull off the pearl thing.

Samantha & Mom said...

Daisy we like your Pearls and natural look the best! But we also want you to know You make everything you wear look so cool and pink always looks A+ on you.
Your FL furiends,

The Crew said...

Daisy dear, once again you have shown us all why you are the final word in feline fashion. You always know how to accessorize properly!

Tipper & Misty

Anonymous said...

DKM wears pearls with everything!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Daisy, you are staggeringly beautiful and elegant as always. My human REALLY needs to take fashion tips from you. She keeps stomping around in those hideous Ugg boots. It is really rather disgusting. I wish she could teleport over and play dress up with you! x

Boy said...

You always wook pwetty Daisy, no matter what you wear!

Anonymous said...

Daisy you so need a champagne colored handbag to go with the outfit. Fill it with catnip and a few Pounce treats and the Tom Cats will flock to you.

Quilt Granny said...

Dis is x-celent fashion advices. I fink you are bee-u-t-full and always look jest rite fer any ok-sion.

Bye, luve from Phinney dat boycat.

Anonymous said...

My human only tried to put human thingies on me once: a Santa Claus cap at Christmas. I scratched him.

Just Ducky said...

You are such a fashion icon Daisy. Always in good taste.

Anonymous said...

You are one hot mama Daisy...puuurrrrr!

The Devil Dog said...

You look great in simple pearls, Daisy. You can carry that look any time. As for the hoodie, with the scarf and the diamonds it looks great.

Roxy

Jimmy Joe said...

Wow, Daisy, you are a great stylist! I've taken notes down for my momma. I think she should start shopping at the dollar store.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Randi said...

Oh Daisy! You could give that Tim Gunn guy from Project Runway a Run for his money!

Pink is definately Daisy's color!

Love & Licks,
Randi

Motor Home Cats said...

We like your hoodie Daisy. Maybe you can snuggle with Skeezix in there since it is a little large. Mom agrees, pearls go with anything.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Team Tabby said...

We think both looks are great, Daisy. We enjoy your Fashion Fridays.

Mindy & Moe

Sasha said...

Dear Daisy, I like the string of pearls look best, as it shows more of your pretty fur. You are a most incredibly tolerant cat. I would go wild if Lynettea put any of this stuff on me. Perhaps a little piece of glitter occasionally, or my halter.

Karen Jo said...

You made that dollar hoodie look stunning with the hood up and the scarf and diamonds. I have an award for you.

Leslie said...

"I think that I shall never see,
A thing as beautiful - as Daisy."

Asta said...

Daisy
You give the best fashion tips evew..I like the hood up look, but the peawls awe the most elegant evew!
smoochie kisses
Asta

Tyler said...

Oh, I like the pearls the best. Those are some huge pearls. I bet the oyester that had those babies were happy when it was time to spit those pups out. I would think they couldn't even close there shells with pearls that fat in them....

Andree said...

I thought the first photo with the scarf improved it a lot, but the pink necklace photo: wow! You're a genius with accessories.

But now this last photo . . . naked with only pearls. That's a thought.

Related Posts with Thumbnails