Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My toy got broken.

I have something very serious to tell you today. I might have made a little mistake. Well, a big mistake. I was playing with a lizard when nobody was home, and then he stopped working! First his tail fell off. Then he stopped moving. I guess I was a little too rough. Sometimes I am bad. I am going to show you a picture of the broken lizard. You should probably look away if you are squeamish. Or you can just pretend you are a scientist.


*
*
*
*
*
*

Usually my Mommie takes lizards away from me and sets them free outside. This time, she came home too late to save him. That red part on his neck is not blood, it is his dewlap. The lizard uses that part to ward off predators. Except, it did not work this time. Sorry, lizard.

Professor Daisy's Tips for Cats: Sometimes your toys might break. Usually this is because of shoddy workmanship and is not your fault. So do not worry about it.


Share/Bookmark

84 Notes for Daisy:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Daisy!

U looked angry in the photo, how are u doing? Hmmm I wonder where the toy is made, maybe u would wan to seek a refund??

I pretended to be a scientist but I still got a shock to see the broked lizard... This is not acceptable! :p

Daisy said...

Sorry, mach. Maybe you forgot your lab goggles!

Anonymous said...

Hm.... try to use some glue. I believe that u can fix that lizard.

Poppy Q said...

Maybe he was not an American made toy?

Oh man you guys should have a lizard funeral - that would be great. You could get all dressed up when you flush him.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

We are sorry to hear that your lizard broke, Daisy. It looks like he was a fun toy! We've never seen a real, live lizard.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Looks like you are right, he wuzn't made very well at all if he didn't last long. Sometimes the tails come off my mice. Not right off like the lizzerds, just the outsides and that leaves them with a very skinny tail.

Isis said...

Oh I'z sorry to hear that you'z broked your lizard... :( I'z plannin' on having a girly cat only tea party in a few weeks and we'z can talk about dis and other things like good looking mancats and ickle baby kittens too! :)

Purrs,
Isis

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Perhaps that recipe for Lizard Treaties will come in handy now Daisy! ;)

Parker said...

Maybe he was a recall Lizard. Maybe there is a recall Lizard list on the web. I would ask for a refund.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are so sorry your lizard broke.

Scylla, Charybdis & Sockie~Pooh

Anonymous said...

Daisy, on your broken lizard, does it say anywhere "Made in China"? That would explain a lot. Anyhow, I hope you find a new and a better lizard soon.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

R.I.P little lizard. He must have been a defective one. Don't fret, Daisy, those things can happen in life.

Charlotte said...

Wow Daisy - Are you OK? Your lizard looks so real.... I don't blame you for breaking Lizards tail.

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Yeah, lizards aren't really constructed for a lot of rough housing. They are however pretty tasty as a snack!

Scout said...

Daisy, perhaps you should try to work on him with your Operation game? Maybe you can jump-start your lizard and he will be ready for the next round! Otherwise it is Daisy with a TKO!

Purrs,
Scout

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I so hate it when toys break. I did not know that lizards could break. Are you going to bake him in your easy bake oven?

Clover said...

Hi Daisy!
I love your "serious" face. It was fun to pretend I was a scientist and look at the lizard picture. Sorry that he broke... These things happen. I bit the ear off of my toy squirrel last night...
Love Clover xo

The Furry Kids said...

I think your Mommie should take him back to the store. I don't think he's supposed to be in pieces like that.
Don't feel bad, Daisy. If I had a lizard to play with, I'm sure the exact same thing would have happened to me.
I had a squirrel once and his tail fell off, too. And then he quit moving. But I chased Mom around the back yard with the tail. It was super fun. I don't know why she was screaming, though.

Titus

Dma said...

OK I did not know that I am squeamish but after looking at the picture of your broken toy, ewwww.....

Mickey's Musings said...

Too bad your lizard broke :( He has very funny looking back toes. Kind of spooky looking. Guess he is not much of a playmate. Oh well,back to the nip mice :)
Purrs Mickey

The Meezers or Billy said...

Daisy, maybe your mommy needs to attach a squillion bells to your collar so that the lizerds know when you are coming. Just like Tripper and the berds.

wait, do lizerds have ears?

Anonymous said...

"Oh My" that doesn't look to good.

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

We are sorry that your lizard broke. Maybe he was defective or something? Can you return him to the lizard store and get another?

Spooker said...

Oops.

Unknown said...

I pretended I was a scientist!

Anonymous said...

Maybe he was an old lizard and he got too scairt that his tail falled off.

It is nice to visit with you again Daisy. We were gone for a few days.

Nomi said...

All those Lizerd recipes Daisy, nowz your chance or are you too upset ??

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I have never seen a lizard with broken tail. Thanks for showing me~!

You are so right, this is the manufacuturor's problem~! Don't mind at all.

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Hi Daisy,
Never think of yourself as a "bad" kitty. You just kinda forgot your own toothy strength. I wish I'd get cool toys like that inside my house! Sorry it broke.

Sunny's Mommy said...

I think it's okay that the tail fell off, I think they're supposed to do that. But it's not okay that it stopped moving. However, there is good news! I'm sure you'll have a new toy lizard to play with soon! I hear there's lots of lizards in Florida.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Easy come, easy go.

Forty Paws said...

We think the lizard was probably made in China.

Luf, Us

Monkee said...

Mom says that at her parents house, they have the lizard toy thingies too. I want one but not if they are defective. I think Forty Paws had it right: yours might have been made in China.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Uh-oh.....more defective toys. Something must be done about this!

Tybalt said...

You can't help it, Daisy. Maybe George had a heart condition. It isn't like you would know about that . . . toys don't come with medical charts.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Too bad his dewlap broke. I think they can grow back their tails if they fall off and still live...
--JB

snowforest said...

Little did the poor lizard know what a mighty lizard hunter it had come across ~ we fink the lizard was in the wrong place at the wrong time!

Boy said...

That wizard has got a wong tail! But it definitewy wasn't your fault you gotted a wousy toy.

jenianddean said...

Josie has been asking for a toy like that for months. I guess now mom has good reason not to give her one. She would break its tail off too.

Sorry about your lizard....
-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Southbaygirl said...

Hi Daisy,

Nice lizard! We never see lizards here-the closest we've gotten is a cricket! And one swift swipe-and the cricket is history...

Come by and visit sometime.

Kodak, Winton and Perf

http://agingfelines.blogspot.com/

Skeezix the Cat said...

Yoo'd better go hide, Daisy, cuz I think maybey they will make yoo go to prizzin for braking the lizzerd. I kinda git urges thinking of yoo as a bad gerl. Is that rong?

The Crew said...

Daisy dear, you cannot be blamed for shoddy workmanship. It's certainly not YOUR fault the lizard had a defective tail!

Mr. Hendrix said...

well, that lizard should not have come into your house! after all, they have the whole outside. mommy feels that way about bees too. they die when she finds them inside.

maybe you should put a sign out saying "lizards, enter at your own risk"

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

I think Skeezix may be over reacting. I don't think you'll go to jail, but you would look good in stripes!! ~Queen Snickers
p.s. If the lizard police show up, don't let them see your Sunday Comics!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

No need to look so angry Daisy. There will be other lizards. Plenty my way, if you want. You made good work of that one though.

Hey, to take your mind off that little unfortunate incident, would you like to put your acute brain to work on a new chant for the Pats. Miss Peach, Kaze and Millie are all on the team and we can't disappoint them. Your last one was so funny I am still shaking my fat furry butt to the verse.

PB 'n J said...

We break toys all the time, though they don't usually have a heart beat... but the ones that do tend to lose their heads, not tails!

L. Alida said...

Well honey these things happen. You're not a bad kitty, you just play hard. Too bad those lizards don't come with re-chargable batteries. I'm glad you didn't eat it, those things don't look like they wood digest very well. :)
Love and Purrs Great Huntress,
Lorianna

Anonymous said...

Fear not Daisy, I hear they grow that part back! I guess since they do not have claws they fall apart as a defense. I would rather have claws!

Mandy said...

Daisy ~ Maybe you should chase lizards like our cat and JRT (Jack Russell) does? They chase them through the window. The only down fall is that they NEVER catch them. But, it seems to be a lot of fun =) I think that the lizards have as much fun as the dog and the cat. And you don't risk PETA tracking you down LOL

Kaz's Cats said...

Daisy, we hope you got a 'money back guarantee' with that lizard, 'cos we think you're going to need it,

Purrs

Gypsy & Tasha

Southbaygirl said...

Thanks Daisy for the comment,

I'm getting an abdominal ultrasound tomorrow-the vet told my mom that if I could only do one right now that would be the one to get...so 10am appointment. Hopefully they wont find anything!!

Winton, Kodak and 3 Perf

zevo hussein calamari said...

Daisy,
You make me feel so much better. I broke a mouse the other night and my pet human was
hysterical about it. I am so glad to hear that you understand these things. Toys break.....that is life.

Thank you!
xoxoxo
nubi wan kenobi

Chrissie said...

I kill my toys all the time..I figure that's just the nature of being a cat. And then, of course, my mom has to buy me more!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

oopsie. Oh well.
Looks like shabby workmanship. You should get a refund.

Daisy, this made us laff. When we were kittens we had a tiny snakie in our basement. It was green. WE whapped it until it stopped moving. we think it had cheap batteries.

Love, Princess

Just Ducky said...

Whoa Daisy, you mighty huntress! A few less lizards is OK.

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Daisy, I can see you are very sorry that the lizard toy broke. I was very sorry too...coz I wouldn't have minded to play with him too. ;)

~Marie

Anonymous said...

Hey now that he's broken mebbe you could eated him in your Easy Bake Oven? Yum.

MaoMao said...

Oopsie daisy that his tail felled off -- hehe, I made a punnie! I bet you had funsies playin with that lizzard -- I wish lizzards got into our housie!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

SophieKitty said...

Sorry about your broken lizard. Don't be too hard on yourself, you just got a little carried away.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Daisy -- how charming you are, in your youthful exuberance! I'm sorry that the lizard's tail fell off, but it is okay -- you were practicing your Mighty Huntress Skills!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

bluecrystaldude said...

Your toy lizard there seriously looks different from what we got here. Must be another manufacturer. I hate those marketing strategies *sigh*

The Devil Dog said...

Daisy, the boy says that the tail falling off is the lizard's defense mechanism. The tail falls off so they can escape. I guess yours didn't manage the escape. Oops.

Roxy

PS I am never getting rough with you.

Dream Mom said...

Daisy, Those things happen. don't worry though, I am sure he can be replaced. By the way, some mancats might find your playfulness quite fun.

On a different note, I was thinking you should change the name on your blog to, "Daisy, the Curly Gurly Cat" since you like such pretty dresses and all.

Team Tabby said...

Daisy, are you sure that lizard wasn't pretending to be dead and just ditching its tail, like Roxy said?

Moe & Mindy

Jan Price said...

Yes, that was definitely a poorly made toy. Can you return it for a refund?

jans funny farm

TheSlyCat said...

Oh dear. Toys just aren't made like they used to be. My feather-butted mouse toys always fall apart way before I'm done playing with them. Have a good one.
P.S. We hear that Cloverfield might be a movie you might wanna see or maybe will NOT want to see??? But we aren't sure, b/c our mom doesn't like scary movies.

Ivan from WMD said...

Uh oh. Maybe he just needed a new battery.

Max said...

What the heck, I pull legs and wings offa bugs, why not pull a tail offa lizard?

Sucks that he stopped moving, though.

Asta said...

Daisy
Sometimes my toys splode all ovew and theiw insides awe all ovew the house..but it's oosooally kind of like cotton candy..I think it's shoddy wowkmanship just like pwofessow Daisy said.

don't be sad
smoochie kisses
Asta

The Cat Realm said...

Don't feel bad, Daisy. If there are any lizards left around my house none of them has a tail left -

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

deer daisy,
mi mom jus got home frum da grate state uv florida.
in da past, she haz returned widda pikshur uv a lizard fer me. dis time, however, she diden't.
hmm.
lizardz look so tasty an fun.
luv--jh

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

I am a bad person for laughing right now, but the look on your face, Daisy! Oh my, you look truly perplexed and a little irritated that the lizard stopped playing with you!

Jaya said...

A lot of those lizard toys are not very well made. Especially the tails. They fall off way too easily. I think it is because, as you know, lizard toys go back to the dinosaurs, like Godzilla, and those are very very very old... it's probably time for a new and improved design, with tails that stay stuck on better.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Some lizards are just faulty like that. Frogs can be like that too after LC plays with them a while.

Skeeter

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Oh, Miss Daisy ... There is NOTHING sadder than a broken toy. I hope that you saved the receipt or filled out the warranty card for your toy lizard. Broken tail AN' dead battery ... totally unacceptable. I'll bet your momma regrets the error of her ways, huh? Clean up was probably pretty horrible.
DMM

Samantha & Mom said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwww....You are brave Daisy. Tigger likes to break lizards, too, but me ick!! I do know that their tails grow back eventually!
Your FL furiends,

Bobby D. said...

toys are not much fun once they stop wriggling and pleading for their lives.

The WriggleButts said...

Uh-oh.. We're sorry the lizard broke, but we're sure there will be more of them for you to play with. Be careful with them, though, they break easily.

Kisses,
the Wriggles

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

I am sorry your lizard broke. (at least he was not made with lead paint)

Anonymous said...

Well, now that we read this post, maybe you looked cranky for W.Wed. because you were in the "dog" house so to speak. Silly lizzard should know not to enter your domain Daisy. Just like up north here, the mice know better than to set foot in our house.
jackie, gidget and fritz

Anonymous said...

Hmm, this looks very serious...
.
.
.
.
.
Hahahahahahaha. You're my girl, Daisy!! Ask my staff how many mice they have found in their home, and they were not "made in China."

The Furry Fighter said...

er...is that...i mean WAS that a REAL lizard!!!!! you lucky girl! xxxx

Andree said...

whew
I should not have looked. I feel as bad for the little lizard as I do for the mice, shrews, voles, moles, snakes, and bats that the Bad Boys bring home. It's been a quiet winter since they won't go out to hunt. Whew. What a photo.

I love your little Professor Daisy spot with that marvelous photo.

Anonymous said...

This actually happened to my real lizard, the tail come off and was moving about without the body !

Im sure you can find a new one made-in-china.

Related Posts with Thumbnails