Friday, February 29, 2008

Fashion Friday: My Glamorous Coat

Since winter is almost over, I thought I should model my new coat before it gets too warm. I think it is very glamorous. It has faux leopard trim. I'm pretty sure "faux" means extra fancy. Like, when you go to a jewelry store, you should always ask for "faux" diamonds to be sure you get the best quality. My Mommie tried to make me wear this cap with my coat. I think you can tell I am a little bit mad about this, because it does not look right together. The cap is much more sporty, and I am going for old-fashioned glamour.
After my photo shoot, I wanted to go out in my beautiful coat so I could show it off. My Mommie said No. So I am all dressed up with nowhere to go...
I feel like an old-fashioned movie star when I wear my glamorous coat. This got me to thinking, I would love to star in a movie like Catsablanca. Except of course Skeezix is my true leading man.

Share/Bookmark

70 Notes for Daisy:

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Wowww...Daisy,
That is one very very beautiful glamorous coat~!!!
I like the mark and color on the coat, it's perfect for you~!!!
And I think the cap is very unique as well, although your head is too small, just using lots of time to put it on your head and take shots~ I think both of you and your mommy must doing so hard on cooperation!!!

Have a wonderful weekend, Daisy~!
This coat is great for winter ending~~~~

Purr,
Adan

Poppy Q said...

Oh Daisy, you do look like a movie star, so beautiful and classy.

I think you look beautiful in your pink coat. Yes the hat is too sporty and doesn't go with your glam coat. What was your mommie thinking? We need to report her to trinny and susanne.

Have a lovely weekend and banana kisses to miss pixie.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Wow Daisy you look a real glammer puss, but we agree, the cap duzn't look right wiv yer byootyful outfit. We're wearing hats today hehe.

Nomi said...

The coat is DIVINE, and that hat is a bad idea. Silly mummy. You look every inch the filmstar. In fact you would leave most of them in the shade, you are sooo glamorous.

Parker said...

My Mommy almost spit her coffee out at the photo with you and the hat! I can tell the hat was not your favorite!
ps- we almost tied Daisy! I asked Wozog to send the $ to Churchill!

Anonymous said...

The Ingrid Bergman hat is over the top! "Here's lookin' at you kid." Daisy, that coat is Glam, Glam, Glam!! Mom loves the pink hat! She said you make it glamorous.

She also says that it reminds her of hats she wore when she was a young girl. We did not know she was a young girl, did you?

Mickey's Musings said...

Beautiful coat!! Yes,the hat is cute but way to big for you. I think you would make an excelltnt actress as you have a very expressive face :)
Purrs Mickey

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Whoa, and it is pink! yikes, I think you look so pretty in that coat. I agree, the sporty hat should not be part of the ensemble... completely alters the vintage look.

hugs to you and Pixiekins ~<3

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

That is the glamor coat of all time! Definitely nix the hat.

Honey P. Sunshine said...

lauren bacatt??? furry classic and chic

4 Boys and a Lady said...

This is a lovely coat, Daisy. This post really made us smile (especially the definition of "faux"). Maybe someday there will be a re-make of Catsablanca and you and Skeezix will play the leading roles!

Spooky said...

That is one fabulous coat, dear Daisy! You look so glamorous, and I think you'd be perfect in a remake of Catsablanca (that's my favorite movie!).

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Daisy, you look fabulous, as always! We look forward to visiting your site every day! It is one of Mommy's favorites!!!

Anonymous said...

That is a very glamorous and beautiful coat Daisy and you are lovely as always. You made the right decision not to wear the pink hat!

The Furry Kids said...

You look fab, Daisy!

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Oh, I don't know. Humpry Bogart was pretty good for a human. You are right in that the hat does not go with it. Otherwise it is a really nice coat. I know Bean was shopping for fashions for me last weekend but could find nothing she liked.

Anonymous said...

This made the niece thingy smile.
She's got the flu so mom's babysitting her,and the first thing she ask about was your blog...Hugs Ariel

Dma said...

you do look classy in your coat. i hope you are right and winter is almost over.

andophiroxia said...

That is certainly a cute coat! I don't think the hat works though. Perhaps your black and white leopard-spotted scarf would do the trick. You know, the one you modelled for us a while ago.

The Meezers or Billy said...

Daisy, you are very lovely in your coat!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

You look lovely in your purrty coat. Ctasablanca would be a great movie for you and Skeezix to re-make!

jenianddean said...

OH Daisy, you sure are old school glam! You are a classic beauty!

I'm sorry I missed you yesterday...it was mom's fault! I'm so happy you were able to have your big adventure and that Pixie got a good ear massage.

Happy Friday!
-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Tybalt said...

Daisy, you are VERY glamorous! Mommy squealed when she saw that last shot of you with Bogey . . . you are the purrfect leading lady!

Jimmy Joe said...

You have great taste, as always, Daisy. That hat does not go with that coat. I hope your Momma gets your approval on her accessories before she goes out.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe
P.S. My momma is giving a lecture on Casablanca next month. Maybe she should discuss how the movie would be different if there was a faux star like you in it.

Rocky, Angie & S'more said...

Daisy! You look so beautiful! We thought our Rocky was gonna break through the 'puter screen and give you a big smoochie! We know Skeezix wouldn't like that, though!

You and Pixie Bananers have a wonderful day :)

Jimmy Joe said...

P.P.S. Oh yeah, I almost forgot--stop by my bloggie, Daisy: I have an award for you!
Your buddy, JJ

zevo hussein calamari said...

"Here's looking at you kid"........
You look so glamourous! Please wear that to Chey's party!

xoxoxoxo

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Oh what a great coat! Momma said Faux is French so it must be fabulous! My pink stole is faux fur too with a faux diamond. Our momma's wouldn't get us less than the BEST! ~Queen Snickers

Forty Paws said...

That's a lovely coat. We agree that the hat is just not correct. Maybe it's too big.

Faux is many times better than real. Faux is extra extra fancy.

Luf, Us

Shaggy and Scout said...

Absolutely smashing! What style!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

That coat is quite glamorous Daisy and you model it well. I like that photo of you near your stairs. You look like you are waiting for your leading man to come down!

Mr. Hendrix said...

What a simply stunning coat! I agree, faux is much fancier. You should send your modeling photos into any company that makes clothes for pets so you can be their spokes kitty. OH! You could be a Hello Kitty spokesperson. You'd be perfect!

PS I like licking Peeps too, but only when they are stale.

LZ said...

I think we have lots of really really nice stuff if that is what faux means!!

You look so elegant!

Kaze

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Oh, Miss Daisy!
You is the most glamourful womans in the whole wide world.

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers & Purrs Gang

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

completely adorable honey!!!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

L. Alida said...

Daisy, you look so sophistiCATed! Yes, the first hat didn't quite work, but the 40's style one does. Here's looking at you Daisy!
Love and Purrs,
Lorianna

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

You would be great in Catsablanca.

Mommy said faux fur means no animals were injured so it is a good thing. On the other hand she said faux diamonds were not a good thing. We are puzzled by that, but sometimes Mommy is very confusing.

We wonder if that means the diamonds in our collars are 'real'.

Scylla & Charybdis

dennis said...

Dennis is in love with Daisy what style! what beauty! what personality! What tenderness! What a huntress! Dennis thinks Daisy is purrfect.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

That is a furry classy coat Daisy, yoo sure do look like a classic movie star. Thanks fur the tip on faux, now we will make mommy always look fur 'faux' on effury lable.

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

I am sorry that you were dressed up with no place to go :(

You look very glamorous!

Happy Leap Day!

Gretchen said...

Yes, I think your coat is glamorus. You could very well fit right into Casablanca.

Hugs...G

Asta said...

Daisy
I agwee with you the pink hat is too spowty! but the coat...mawvelous!!!,vewy glamouwous..and you and skeesix would make a most womantic couple in Catsablanca...now that hat you'we weawing in the last pictoowe goes pawfectly with youw coat..
I'm sowwy you have no place to go..evewyone should see you in this outfit
smoochie kisses
Asta

Jan Price said...

You are a terrific model, Daisy. We love your coat. You're right. Ditch the hat.

Let us know when the movie with Skeezix as your leading man comes out. We'd like to see it.

jans funny farm

Anonymous said...

That is quite the pretty coat, Miss Daisy, and you look very glamorous in it!

Skeezix the Cat said...

WOW! That's the most glamerus kote I've ever seen!!!! And yoo look grate waring it. Do yoo have any good tips on how to make Tripper shutup?

Skeezix the Cat said...

BTW, the pink lepperd skarf mite go good with it.

CRIZ LAI said...

You will look better with a crown Daisy..you are such a Queen!

Chancy, Jake, Babe and Ernies Voice said...

We love your outfit...you are very beautiful in that!
Thank you for the heads up on our pix! We had problems viewing the pictures earlier...hope it's fixed now! It appears some are still having problems seeing our pix...we can see them...but some can't!
We have tried viewing with IE, Opera & Firefox and have no problem. We have no idea what is going on! SO SORRY!
Anyone have any ideas?
HUGS~Chancy, Ernie's Voice & Jake

Sunny's Mommy said...

That is a gorgeous coat Daisy, and you look stunning in it :-D

Tesla and Hansel said...

Oh daisy! what a wonderful coat!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great coat. You will make all the other ladies jealous. You have quite the wardrobe.

HRH Yao-Lin said...

daisy - you are a glamour puss! The epitomy of style and grace! x

PB 'n J said...

What a lovely outfit, I love the coat! I think that you are right about the hat, your other choice is better!

Pearl

Southbaygirl said...

wow daisy that is a beautiful coat-and you look very glamorous in it!!! And it is getting warmer so you'd better wear it as much as possible!!

Kodak, Winton and 3 perf

meemsnyc said...

Oh my word, Daisy, you are the cutest, and that coat and hat ensemble is out of this world adorable. I wish our cats would allow us to dress them. They hate wearing things, even a collar.

The Crew said...

Daisy dear, you always look elegant in whatever you wear. And you would have been a better actress than Ingrid Bergman!

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

KC said...
O, Daisy, you looks so cute. True Ingred Burgmann class. But I likes tha Casablanca hat much better than tha puffy hat. An I'd like to see tha dashing Skeezix instead of Bogart.
Love & Purrs,
KC

Kimo and Sabi said...

Play it again, Daisy!

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Daisy, as usual you look marvelous! That Skeezy is a lucky guy, having you as his girlfriend. Maybe when I grow up a bit I can find a beautiful lady like you, but I am still to much of a butthead to be nice to the girls, except to my sissy Sabrina of course!
Purrs and headbutts,
Simon

Little Productions said...

Congratulations Daisy!
You and Samantha both won the Red Carpet Buzz contest!!!
Come and pick up your badge at the blog and email Karl your address for the surprise price!
thecatrealm at gmail dot com

Lux said...

That is a beautiful coat and I even like the hat with it - you can pull anything off!

The Devil Dog said...

That is a beautiful coat, Daisy. It looks fabulous on you. The hat does not work at all, you are correct. It is a ski hat, not a glamour hat. You look very beautiful next to Bogie.

Roxy

SophieKitty said...

You're right, Daisy. The hat doesn't go with the coat. I wish you Mommie would have let you go out to show off your coat.

Tiggie FOC said...

You should meet Blondie, the lady who adopted me. She makes hats! She thinks everyone should wear a hat. She says you are right, the first hat was way too sporty, and a pill box would be better.

I think she should just write this herself.
I'm a boy cat. I don't care about hats.

darlene said...

omg!!...i love this outfit...love it!!!

Motor Home Cats said...

That is a beautiful coat, but you are right, the hat doesn't go with it.

Happy weekend.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Anonymous said...

You look quite lovely in your pink jacket Daisy. Rosie has a similar one in tan with the leopard cuffs and collar, but we can't get her to wear a hat. We love the last hat' you look very Marlena Dietrich - esk in it.
jackie, gidget, fritz, abby & rosie

Anonymous said...

Daisy, you do look like a movie star!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. You look fabulous. That hat is strictly gorgeous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails