Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My new jumpity pets!

You might remember that I did not do very well with my pet Sea Monkeys. Well, now that I am older and more responsible, I have decided to give pet ownership another try. Meet my new friends, the Jumping Beans!
If you will notice, the Care and Feeding instructions say "...not recommended for children under 4." Since I just turned four years old, this means I am Allowed to have these pets. The Jumping Beans like to jump around, all the time! It makes a funny clicking sound if you listen very closely. You will not believe what they were singing! This is what I heard:

We came to get down
So get out your seats and jump around
Jump around
Jump up, Jump up and get down.
I can tell my Jumping Beans already like me because they lined up and came right over to meet me!
We decided to play a funny game together. Grab the Jumping Bean...
... and see how far he can jump! Hahahahahaha!
Uh oh. I just read the instructions again. I guess I missed the part that says "do not throw the jumping bean." I will stand watch over this one to make sure he is okay. It is possible that I will have to do Jumping Bean CPR. Maybe I should have gotten String beans, instead.
Taking care of a pet is very, very hard.
Share/Bookmark

79 Notes for Daisy:

Poppy Q said...

Wow thems looks like fun Miss Daisy. Have a lovely day, you funny girl.

Banana kisses to Miss pixie.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, your new pets look and sound very cool, Daisy! I hope your Jumping Bean will be okay.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Your own pets.

The Instructions also say you can store them in the butter? What? How would you get them out of the butter. We think you should figure that out before you put them in your butter Daisy!

Parker said...

Good thing you didn't have to shock it's little bean heart, cause those would have to be some teeny-tiny paddles!

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Oh goodness, how is the jumping bean doing? Did you have to perform Jumping Bean CPR? Hmm....we are not familar with the care and handling of jumping beans. Did they come with instructions?

Have fun!

Ramses said...

Ooh I want a pet now too! :) Don't forget to come over for tea with Isis once you're sure you've not killed your bean! :)

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We want some too. But they do look like delicate little creatures.

Jessica said...

Aw....don't feel bad, Daisy. I'm sure your bean is okay.

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am sorry if I scared you by deleting my comment. Mommy tried to take credit for it, and I told her I wanted it to have my name on it.

I wanted to thank you for your nice comment. I am very happy to be on the Cat Webpage, and if it means I can be more famous I might let Mommy put more things on me. Good luck with LOL Cats, and PLEASE don't give my Mommy any more ideas.

Rosie & Cheeto said...

Daisy, its vary responsibul of yoo to get the jumping beans now that yoo are four yeers old! oh, and thay sing a grate jumping song!

I'm sure yer buddy that took a tumbul will be ok-he's probublie just akting so he can have yer undividud attenchun.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Wowww....now I can understand everyone of our mommy is really great~!
Because they pet us well~!!!!

But I think you still doing great,
because I won't try to pet any pet~~~

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

Oh Daisy, you have the most mobile face and cat's don't, but you manage to make the most adorable faces!!

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Yes, caring for a pet is really hard. Think of all the hard work your Mom puts into caring for you!

Aside from not stepping on them and not throwing them, you should probably refrain from eating them as well. I keep asking for a Beta for a pet, but my Bean keeps thinking I want it as a snack....

Dma said...

that jumping bean did jump very far...

i used to get jumping beans every year at our state fair. it was like the highlight of my summers as a kid. well that and all the fried food we got at the fair. I hope you enjoy your new pets.

pssst: they turn into flies when they mature. just to warn you.

Anonymous said...

You new pet bean jumped right off the table! They seem pretty friendly but it may be hard to care for them if they jump all over the place.

Anonymous said...

I almost forgot. Happy Belated Birthday Daisy! I hope you had a great Birthday. You gotted some really pretty flowers too!

Myst (Muddy's Brother) said...

OMG, that looks SOOOO fun! I gotta try it!

Monty Q. Kat said...

Maybe you can use the one that fell for chili?

MONTY!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well daisy did you name one sarge? the one that is the bravest? ha ha ha

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Now that is a very interesting looking new friend! Daisy you come up with the some of the greatest ideas!

Purrs
Abby

Mickey's Musings said...

I hope you have better lick with these guys Daisy ;)
Is the jumping bean that fell in the hospital? How are the others taking it? Hope it will be OK :)
Purrs Mickey

None said...

Jumping bean pets look fun! I have asked for a real mousie many times but without avail..

Maybe you can give your bean the bitey, might help revive it!

Purrrs, Tamra

Anonymous said...

Hey I used to have some of those when I was not much older than you Daisy - aren't they cool? Enjoy :)

Anonymous said...

I *love* jumping beans. Being 'llergic to everything, that was one pet I could have.

Do they have names yet?

Luna und Luzie said...

Wow that sounds like you have a lot of fun with your jumping beans. how interesting, have never seen that before.

Have fun with your pets !

jenianddean said...

All I can say is JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP!!!

Congrats on the new pets!!
-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Juno said...

We can see your cute & curious face!

Momo & Pinot

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We hope your bean is OK.

Scylla, Socks & Charybdis

Mo and The Purries said...

Chloe wants to know if they taste like chicken Temptations.

Jimmy Joe said...

Daisy, I am sorry I didn't not get to wish you Happy birthday on your actual birthday. It looks like it was great, and those sure are pretty flowers Skeezix sent you. Good luck taking care of your jumping beans--maybe you can show them some circus tricks?
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Forty Paws said...

Yes, it is a great responsibility to take care of pets. Many beans fail at it. Hah hah! We made a funny!!!

Luf, Us

Lorianna said...

Jumping beans are fun to watch, but I prefer kitties. :) I'm glad you're having fun Daisy. Happy Day to you and Pixie!
Love and Purrs,
Lorianna

LZ said...

Those sound like some weird pets. Do you think the lizards might like them?

Kaze

Bobby D. said...

Daisy, I like the way you help your beans jump.
You have such an active life. I mostly nap. Now I am feeling I should be more active.

Beethoven said...

They look so fun! Can they run and chase you around too? Or whap you on the head? The Giant Kitty whaps me on the head and he told me that is a great game! So I hope your jumping beans can whap too! I heard of the famous sea monkeys that the Giant Kitty had too. They all went over to the Sea Monkey Bridge too. I think Sea Monkeys are difficult pets.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Meowm is laffin and laffin cause she remembers having jumping beans when she was little! I bet they are fun to have!

Unknown said...

Oh WOW, your very own pets! It is a good thing you are 4 now and can have these wonderful new pets, they look like lots of fun and I bet they don't eat much either!

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Congratulations on getitng yor own pets Daisy. It is a big responsibility!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting choice of pets Daisy. Have you named them yet?
jackie, gidget and fritz

TRIPPER THE PSYKO STRAY CAT said...

DAISY ARE YOO GONNA MAKE THE JUMPING BEENS GO DED LIKE YOO MAKED THE SEE MUNKEYS GO DED?????

Anonymous said...

Well... at least there are three more to play with. Happy Belated Birthday Daisy!

Tybalt said...

I am sure that you will take very good care of your new pets, Daisy. After all, you are a responsible and mature ladycat of four now.

Unknown said...

OMG!! jumping beans?? Is that alive beans? sounds yummy!! me want one!! me is only 7 months okd...maybe me is too young for beans that jumps!! me is jelous!!

Skeezix the Cat said...

Daisy, be carefull not to eet the beens cuz win Mr TF eets beens a lot of stinky ixplozions come owt of his butt.

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

I hope he is OK! Having a pet is hard, sometimes.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Good job Daisy! You are a good care taker of a pet now.

Leona said...

Your new pets look a little bit like treats. Don't mix up the two or that could be tragic!

Anonymous said...

If you take really good care of your beans Daisy, you might get moths to play with!

The Furry Kids said...

Momma was giggling at the song your beans were singing. I do not know why. I do not think that I would be responsible enough to take care of beans, though. I think I would probably like to pounce on them. Enjoy your new pets, Daisy!

Love,
Tazo

Artsy Catsy said...

Oh, pet beans, how great! We have a few beans here, but they don't make such great pets. They're much bigger than yours and don't bat around easily. They have two legs, but it's next to impossible to get them to jump.

Rocky

Sunny's Mommy said...

Hahaha! Your pet bean can jump really far LOL

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday Daisy!! Our birthday was last week, so we're the same age and everything!!!! Congrats on your new pets, we think you'll do a good job caring for them. We think we shall make... er ask Momma to get us some as well...especially if they sing such fun songs

Anonymous said...

It's important for cats who are growing up to learn from experience. If that bean does not respond after being knocked off the table, well, you can learn from that and treat your other beans differently. Human beans do not being knocked around, either. Do you think if you planted them they would grow up to be human beans?

Kelly Cat says hi and that he's feeling better. He should be back to normal tomorrow, I hope.

Cheers
Caitie the Calico Diva

The Meezers or Billy said...

"you can store them in the butter"

in the BUTTER? I am not 'lowed to eat butter, so why would a jumping bean be 'lowed to sleep in the butter? it's very weird.

Miles

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Jumping beans look like a lot of fun. Much more fun than Sea Monkeys!

dennis said...

Dennis says Daisy has that FIERCE supermodel look that Dennis likes in his ladies.( Fierce in the first pic!)

darlene said...

wow,now that looks like alot of fun.....good luck catching dem...hee hee

Anonymous said...

Those are some cute beans :)

Lux said...

Those are the cutest pets I've ever seen, Daisy!

MaoMao said...

hehehe, what kool pets! Jumpin beans look like lotsa funsies. Well, my Momma's kind of a jumpin bean, too, when I sharpun my clawsies on her butt!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Anonymous said...

*giggle*, Daisy! Those look like marvelously fun pets! I think I would like to play with jumping beans, too.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

What a great bunch of pets! If we had them Simon would probably try to eat them though ... hee hee! And stringbeans would just roll around ...
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Miz Allie Cat said...

those beans sure are jumpy...I like to play with those nasty bugs that fly in through ole Foxy's doggie door...meow...

SophieKitty said...

I think your bean will be okay. I hear their pretty tough.

PB 'n J said...

Those look like fun, we hope the one bean pulls through!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Coooeee, nice one, Daisy. Having beans as your pet. Most beans have kitties as pets; you avenge us by having them as pets!

Sassy Kat said...

Keep a close watch on that jumping bean that landed on the floor. I think it is playing opposum.

Samantha & Mom said...

Daisy, you always get the neatest things! We think these jumping beans should be easier to take care of that the sea monkeys.
Your FL furiends,

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh, now we know why mom won't get us a pet of our own...we would not read the care instuctions, we do not know CPR and we would prolly eat da beans.

Motor Home Cats said...

We haven't had those in our house in years. That could be because Mom hasn't gone to Mexico in years. That is where she has gotten them for us.
We were also curious about storing them in butter. If your momma puts them in her hand and warms them up, they will move faster.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Max said...

You didn't throw it, you pushed it. You're just establishing dominance, and that's a good thing!

Anonymous said...

Your pets look like a lot of fun, I may have to get some for Simon & Garfunkel :)

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Well, just don't get all 'xcited an eat them beans...

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh your new pet looks interesting. And you sure look very serious looking at it there

~ Girl girl

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I can't remember if I commented on your beans yesterday! I think mom just read your post to me from her blackberry....yeah when she was working too many hours!
Very cool beans. I might try to eat them though. Did you try to taste them?
--JB

Andree said...

hahahaha That is so much fun! Those are little worms in there, right? That's what I've heard. And ever since I heard that I won't touch them! Silly me.

Amber-Mae said...

Woah, kewl!!! I heard that there are worms in the beans that are making them jump around...Have you tried opening one yet?

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Wrigley, Cobalt, & Penelope said...

We hope your jumping bean was okay and you didn't have to perform CPR! Best of luck taking care of your new pets.

Related Posts with Thumbnails