Saturday, March 22, 2008

Photo Hunters #61: Metal

The Photo Hunters theme this week is: metal. I am going to show you some pictures that make me a little bit scairt. But I also want to tell you that getting spayed and neutered is a simple and important thing to do! I had my surgery before I even went home with my Mommie. At a cat shelter with a spay and neuter clinic, there are many things made of metal. Here are a few of them.
This big metal thing is not a microwave oven, so do not put your TV dinner in there. It is for making things get sterile.
Here is another metal thing: an exam table. Vaccinations are given here. They pinch a little bit, but they are important too.
This metal thing is for anesthesia. So you stay asleep when you have your procedure. This means you will not feel a thing!
This piece of equipment is called a microscope, so you can look at icky stuff like what comes out of your ears, and poops, too. In case bugs are in there.


Share/Bookmark

70 Notes for Daisy:

Hootin Anni said...

Purrzzzz, I'm first!!

Yes, very important equipment. And I say, it's just as important that after all you go through to get the operation, to remain an indoor cat. Too many become feral...or road kill at the worst.

Great take.
Mine is shared, you may not guess what it is...but it IS metal!!

Poppy Q said...

Fank you doctor Daisy, for showing us around the vets operating room and all the metal fings.

Hey, we read about you on CNN!!!! You are FAMOUS!!

Have a nice easter with your beans and pixie bananas.

Poppy and mum Q

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing your surgery was a piece of cake. All went well. :)

jams o donnell said...

h yes that is such important equipment. All our furry masters were neutered... Have a great weekend

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Those are all very important metal objects. Thank you for sharing them with us, Daisy.

Dragonstar said...

Lots of very important metal, Daisy.

I'm glad you're a safe-indoor cat. I'd hate it if you fell down a drain.

Barb said...

Daisy, those are very shiny metal parts, too! I think that cats and humans alike can agree that we'd all prefer to be asleep before we see that scairty stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy,

This was a very informative post and I learned alot.You make a great doctor :)

Sarge Charlie said...

Scairt, yep you are right Daisy but it is necessary METAL, Happy Easter I hope you get well washed eggs.

Ramses said...

Oh yes spaying and neutering is very important, only cats that are fully fit and healthy should ever breed for a start!

Monty Q. Kat said...

You were on CNN?!? Pawsome!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Daisy, that looks so scary! I was but a little bitsy kitty when I was, uh, neutered. My human told me about it. But I can’t remember… which I guess is good.

Happy Easter, Ms. Daisy!

Do you have a new dress for Easter Sunday?

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Thanks for all the info Daisy. It was nice that you could rise above your fear to show us some really important things!!!

We read about you too yesterday on CNN.

We always knew you were a star, now the whole world knows!!!!!

Happy Easter
Shade and Goldie

Parker said...

All of that metal may be scary, but it is very important stuff. I don't remember my spay, but I am glad I had it!

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

YIKEZ DAISY ... DIS METAL POST WUZ VERREE HEAVY!
i'm a little scared uv dis heavy metal post.

Brownie said...

That scares!!!! They can spay hamsters, but hamsters can have mini hamsters every 4 days!, but that's not a trouble, because hamsters don't stop at the street, we're so cute and everyone love us :)
-Stifler

Mr. Chen and Ollie said...

Daisy, you are very brave to post these photos! It's important for all us kitties and woofies to not be so scared of the things that help us. We got our procedures done before we left he shelter and barely remember them.

Happy Easter!!

Purrs,
Mr. Chen & Ollie

Brownie said...

Sorry again, is they CAN'T

Mickey's Musings said...

I hope your tour of the hospital will make kitties not so scared and they will feel better about getting spayed & neutered :)
That is a super METAL post , Daisy :)

Purrs Mickey

CRIZ LAI said...

Oh oh... **babies.. go kitchen first!!!** hehe... Phew, I'm afraid they might get scared seeing these metal stuff. Hmm... Jon is peeking now :P

Thanks for the sharing Daisy! At least I know how's the procedure now :)

Forty Paws said...

Uh oh. We lefted the Photo Hunt title in our name. Sorry!

Daisy, you are truly the smartest poodin we know! This was a wonderful example of the metal theme!

Luf, Us

Pee Ess. Maw is really kinda Aunty Social wen it comes to sticky people too. She REEEEELY doesn't like them in stores.....

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures with us. It's very scarey to see them again, but necessary for the Vetty Beans to do their job properly.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That metal is furry skeery Daisy, but it is also nesserserry. We saw your menshun on CNN too. You're a worldwide star.

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Ewwww...bugs in your poops! Thank goodness for metal things to help find them bugs.

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers & Purrs Gang

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

very impurrant post daisy. you are a grate teacher too! hoppy easter honey! i hope you get a peep!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

daisy i just read about you on cnn! wow, jeter harris let me know you were there. concatulations! i wish they gave you a link though!

smiles, auntie bee (the proud)
xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxxo

TheSlyCat said...

Good photohunting!!! Happy Easter Daisy!!!

Dma said...

Very informative. My only question is if that big oven looking box is for making things sterile why don't they just stick u in there? then they wouldn't need all those other pointy and sharp metal things.

Sarge Charlie said...

Auntie Bee told me you were a star on CNN, I hope you remember your old fans.

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Daisy,

I yam feelin' a bit cold lookin' at all doze metal partsez...but I knowz how important dey iz fur us cats survival.
& I sure won't wakee uppee durin' no surgeriez! Of course dis meanz I might has to perform dem wit my eyez clozed.

Cecil the Cougar: said...

It is not nice to be neutered I think. I would not try to make babies if I still had my manparts, I think girls are icky. Well girls are OK as friends, but I would NEVER kiss one!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are some scairty things, Daisy! We had our surgeries a very long time ago, we're kind of glad we don't remember it!

Beethoven said...

Wow! Daisy! Thanks for showing me all these. It makes me less anxious about the day when I'll have to go get my hoo-has taken away. Thankfully it'll be a few months before that happens because I've to wait until I'm at least 6 months old.
I hope I will not feel scared then.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Some of those metal things made momma cringe too.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Wow! All of us have come in contact with some of those metal things. Even Bob and Patrick!
We are all better off for it and never felt a thing!

~ The Bunch

L. Alida said...

The VET place is not very cozy is it? But, it is very important to get the "procedures" over with so kitties and woofies can live a healthy life. Very good example of metal Daisy! Have a great day!
Kisses and Purrs,
Lorianna

zevo hussein calamari said...

Ouch.. that looks scary!

wishing you and your family a happy easter!
xoxoxo

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Wowww.......those are lots of equipment, Daisy~!
I haven't seen so many equipment before. Thanks so much for introducing them for me!!

Purr,
Adan

HRH Yao-Lin said...

That is some very intimidating looking equipment! x

Kitty Cat Cast said...

Happy Easter everyone!

If you would like to see our podcast it is at:

http://catcast.podomatic.com

or subscribe through iTunes

Amber-Mae said...

Oh gee Daisy, now I'm scared of my upcoming spaying surgery! If only you did not post this. I know it's important but for me...*shivers*

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

All that stuff looks scary, which is probably why I dislike going to vet, it full of scary things. Now I probably going to have nightmare then I take my catnap. Maybe I curl with Pooka, he supposed to be nightmare steed, purrhaps I can ride him to sweet dreams.

Mo and The Purries said...

Those are some great pictures, Doctor Daisy!
When Little Isis goes in for her ladygardenectomy, I will know what to look for now!
luv,
Not The Mama

Hoppy Easter to you & Pixie & your Mommie!

Team Tabby said...

All that equipment is scary looking, but we don't remember exactly what happened when we had our surgery, we were both asleep through it all.

Mindy & Moe

The Wanderer said...

Daisy, so sorry you got eliminated so quickly in the contest on wozog. I thinks people misunderstood and thought they were voting to keep you?

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Those were good metal things. I had healing metal too.

catsynth said...

Nice examples of metal, Daisy. We have metal (and glass), too. It's our favorite style.

admin said...

that's so scary Daisy! we here never experience that 'thing'....


Though things get rough lately, Meaouwy Troops still like to share their furryfriend story about the unusual mark on her body and helping mommy disclose one of the reasons why we become the best communicator with humans:) so check them out in our blogs to find it more.

neverfull said...

those are very scary metal things. mommy just read the cnn article to me. you are a very famous kitty!

Irishcoda said...

Oh boy, those instruments and equipment sure are scary even for us two legged ones!

Anonymous said...

I hope you never have to get to know any of that metal any better Daisy :)

Just Ducky said...

Your pictures are furry scary Daisy. But concatulations for being mentioned on CNN. I know a famous kittie now! Actually I know lots of famous kitties, all of us on the Cat Blogosphere.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

SCARY! Those things are furry scary! It's a good thing that kitties an' woofies are sedated before gettin' their procedures or no one would wanna have a procedure.
DMM

Unknown said...

weee! metal hunt metal!! Dr Daisy!! you can has hospitals?? me got nuterd mai mom say but me dont remember.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Um, dem is importint things but kinda scairty...we don't wanna haf dem things used on us ever again.

SophieKitty said...

Those pictures were too scairy for me! I had to put my paws over my eyes.

My mommie thinks it's cool that they wrote about you on CNN!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Thats a LOT of metal. Very scary metal...

Christine and FAZ said...

Actually Daisy that was very scary but important too. Thank you for showing us. FAZ

denz said...

Wow! what a lovely picture for this week theme, just keep it up and enjoy what you are doing!

Check mine also in HERE!!!

Happy Easter!

The Devil Dog said...

I think I am scared of that stuff too, Daisy. Maybe you and I could hide together?

Roxy

Artsy Catsy said...

Oh Daisy, did they use those metal things on me when I got my hoohaectomy?? Wow, I'm sure glad I slept through it!

Daisy, we have a card on our blog I think you'll like ... come see!

Rocky

Anonymous said...

Spay/neuter is so important, and it's great that you devoted time and space to writing about it. The more a cat knows about these things, the less it will fear them.

Congratulations on the mention at CNN! You've put a lot of effort into your blog, and it's terrific that they noticed.

Asta said...

Daisy
That is vewy impowtant infowmation..some fuwwkids awe vewy scawed of going to the vet, but it's to help us and keep us safe and healthy...so thank you..I'm suwe if you say it the kitties won't be as scawed.
love and smoochie kisses and Haappy Eastew
Asta

Sassy Kat said...

That stuff looked oh so scary. I don't think I would like to be around that stuff. But yet if you need the vet to take care of you I guess it would be OK. Getting an early start of Easter, do you like my outfit?

Kimo and Sabi said...

Um, . . . Mommakitty said we just hadded some flashbacks!

Motor Home Cats said...

Those are very important metal things. Congratulations on being mentioned in the CNN article.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Karen Jo said...

Those metal things are scary even for me. They are very important, though. Congratulations on being mentioned in the CNN article. Happy Easter!

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Very educational post...good job Daisy!

Purrs!

Samantha & Mom said...

Wow, that is a lot od METAL stuff! Dr. Daisy thank you for sharing it with us!
Your FL furiends,

Tesla and Hansel said...

i seen dem packs and all dos tings at momma's werk. I've seen her use dem befores. I coulda just made mommeh take picshures of werks yoo means?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails