Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Daisy's Tall Tales

I am calling today "Tall Tale Tuesday." I hope you enjoy my illustrated story. I helped make the pictures! Painting is a little bit hard.

Once upon a time there was a lizard named George the Great. Only George the Great was a mean and bad lizard, so he did not live up to his name. He became mean because he had a very short tail. As we all know, lizards should have long tails, and George was ashamed of his short tail. Many other lizards called him George the Not-So-Great behind his back. So, George usually could be found alone on his rock with a scowl on his face, soaking up the sunshine. One day, George the Great saw a much smaller lizard. George was envious of this lizard because the tiny lizard had a very long, very curly tail. George had never seen a tail so fine and so long! So, George climbed over his rock towards the tiny, curly-tailed lizard to get a closer look.
And when the tiny lizard was not looking, George bit him in the tail! This made the tiny lizard's tail fall right off, for of course, a lizard's tail is designed to do so in case of emergencies. Our hero, SuperDaisy, just happened to be cruising by when this happened. SuperDaisy could not believe her eyes! So, quick as a wink, SuperDaisy flew straight down from the atmosphere...
...so she could play with the tail. After all, it would be a terrible shame to waste a perfectly good tail, especially while it's still wiggling.
Author's note: The tiny lizard eventually grew another long, curly tail. But while his tail was still growing back, the tiny lizard met a beautiful girl-lizard and got married. This made George the Great realize that the length of his tail did not really matter. It was the curliness that was important.
The End!

By Daisy the Curly Cat

Share/Bookmark

81 Notes for Daisy:

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

That is the coolest tall tale I've ever read... and it had a twist! Great illustrations, too.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That was a wonderful Tall Tale, Daisy! :) You did a great job telling the story and drawing the pictures to illustrate it. :)

Felix, Garfield & Jawsy said...

Oh, ur story is so funny, Daisy! And u gave us a veri good moral to remember at the end.
Bravo! *clap paws*
A grreat morn to you and Pixie!
Purrs,
3 Stooges & Mach

Poppy Q said...

Awww Daisy you are the best, I am going to miss you while I am away.

Have a great week, and I can't wait to catch up when I get home.

Poppy Q

Parker said...

Fantastic Daisy! I loved this tall tale - curly is where it's at!

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Daisy,
This will be a classic that lives for generations. You is one good dang writer, Daisy!

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers & Purrs Gang

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

wow ... i'm speechless daisy.
yer grate.
luv--jh

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

hehehe...that was a great tale Daisy. Did you have fun painting the pictures?

P.S.

Thanks for purring for my brother Orange Boy. It's 3:00 am and he's still hanging in there...YA!

Anonymous said...

Daisy, we had a feeling you wouldn't be able to resist that Lizard's tail!

We enjoyed your Tall Tail Tale!

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

A Tale about a curly tail from a curly cat! Purrfect! Love your pictures!

GREAT JOB!!

Anonymous said...

Can I have another bedtime story, Ms. Daisy? But what a great Tall Tale.(Or is it a Tall Tail?)

Isis said...

Ooh I wanna curly tail to play with too! The only tail I get to play with is that of my brother Ramses and he's working so hard on kitten duty that I can't really play with it at all right now... What I need is a lizard! :)

The Meezers or Billy said...

that's a great tall tale Daisy!!!!

Alexi said...

What a wonderful tale of a tail. The pictures are lovely.

Sarge Charlie said...

Miss Daisy, you are my SUPER HERO and you are such a good story teller. No tall tail, just a wiggling one...

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are still laughing. ~Socks, S & C

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

We like the way you flew down right out of the atmosphere to get that tail.
Great story, Daisy!

~ Maggie Mae

Babs (Beetle) said...

That was a great tale daisy. You are very good a drawing too.I've never seen a lizard.

Purrs, Sukie X

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Dear Lovely Daisy,

This is an educated tale, I am sure~!!!
And I think your illus are so great, very good for me already~!!!!!! I will not able to do that!!!!!!!

I have to tell my friend about this tale!!
Thank you!

Purr,
Adan

Mickey's Musings said...

Oh boy!! I love stories :) That was great and you got to play with a curly tail,heehee
When's your book coming out ? ;)
Purrs Mickey

The Furry Kids said...

We loved your tall tail, Daisy. Momma giggled at George the Not So Great's clawrs. hee hee

Love,
Tazo

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

We are clapping our paws for your tall tale, Daisy! It made us and momma laugh really, really hard, and we needed a good laugh! Thanks!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

man daisy you are a great writer of tall tales and illustrator as well! i hope you get paid lots of green paper to buy some treats!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxo

Dma said...

I do not like George the Not so Great. He seems a little mean. But I do like his picture.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

SuperDaisy....you are so funny! Great Tall Tale!

Anonymous said...

Yes, curliness is most important, Miss Daisy, the "curly" cat. And we learned some interesting tid bits about you Daisy in your interview on another blog yesterday. Jackie likes to sleep behind the computer cause it's warm too.
Jackie, Gidget and Lola

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Curliness like Daisys fur? That was a great story Daisy!!

Peeeeeeee sssssssss: The littlest bean girl saids (again) she loves reading your bloggy, thats why I lets her leave a comment on your sidebar. She was so excited to do that! hehe

Anonymous said...

That was a great Tall Tale Daisy! I bet lizard tails are fun to play with.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Was the lizard with the curly tail related to you Daisy?

Curly tails and all?
Purrs
Abby

jenianddean said...

Oh Daisy!! I love a good tall curly tale! :)

Good job on the paintings.
-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Rosemary B❤️ said...

this is a very good tale and a superb moral for the ending.
Lovely artwork too!

happy perky to all of you in FLA

Tybalt said...

Daisy, you are so talented! I loved your story and artwork.

(Mommy is giggling.)

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

It's not a tall tale, it's a long tale. Same thing as a tall tale, but lying on it's side. snort.

LZ said...

That is like the best story ever! Most stories are boring but not this one, you got to play with the tail!!! Plus a happy ending. You should be published Daisy!

Kaze

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Now we all know, it's da curl dat matters.

Clover said...

Hi Daisy!
Wow, that is a great story! I think you should consider writing a book.
Love Clover xo

L. Alida said...

Wonderful story and pictures Daisy! I understand that you couldn't resist playing with the curly tail and I'm glad the little lizard had a happy ending. I hope George learned his lesson. :) Thanks for the smiles.
Love and Purrs,
Lorianna

andophiroxia said...

That was the bestest story ever Daisy.

That was so awesome that stars fell out of the sky.

I loved the ending too. Yeah, the lizards don't really matter, it's the tail that is the important part. :)

Beethoven said...

Daisy! You write wonderful stories! WOW! You're clever!

Mr. Echo said...

I hope nobuddy efur bites my tail off! I dont think I kood grow anuther one. You did a good job Daisy. Its why I always visit yoo!

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

Yay! I loves curly tails. that was a good story, Daisy!
Yes, Figaro is the embarrassing when companies comes over. Some kitties just do not know their mannerses.
-Veronica

Anonymous said...

hahahaha! that's gotta be the bestest tall tale any of us have ever read. the Lady loved it too!

PB 'n J said...

What a great story Daisy!

Rocky, Angie & S'more said...

This is awesome, Daisy! We love it and Mommy is laffin' out loud :)

You and Pixie have a great day! xoxoxo

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Very nice story!

I will read that the wee ones before they go to bed!

~Goldie

Mr. Hendrix said...

ha ha ha you played with the tail! ha ha ha that is a great tall tail. you should be a published author!

Hi Pixie!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Hey, Supercat, that was some lizard tail you told. We're glad the short-tailed lizard learned a lesson from it.

Emma's Kat said...

LOL! That was great! Daisy, you is the coolest curliest cat I know!

Purrs, Emma

Sunny's Mommy said...

That was an excellent tale, Daisy. I especially like the part where you sweep down from the atmosphere, to play with the tail :-D

Cara said...

I loved the story. And the lovely illustration. I must say I was expecting Daisy to live up to the 'hero' description at the part where she leaps into the scene...not end up playing with the tail! lol


x

Cara

zevo hussein calamari said...

That is so adorable... i do think you should have your pet human make all your wonderful storied into a children's book.

xoxoxo

Motor Home Cats said...

Oh Daisy - we loved your story time. And your pictures were very expertly drawn. We agree - curliness is important.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Asta said...

Daisy
You had me at the edge of my seat..what dwama!! anticipation, and a happy tail ending fow all..YeahSupew Daisy!!!
(you did a gweat job of illustwating )
smoochie kisses
ASta

TheSlyCat said...

That was a great tall tale. I'm glad you enjoyed the lizard pictures on my movie. Also, Hi Pixie.

caspersmom said...

That was a great story Daisy. Wonder how come George the Great's tail didn't grow back. I bet a cat got his tongue, Oh I mean tail. But that was great you got to play with the tail. All we ever get to do is watch the lizards on the wood pile do push ups. They haven't ventured into our back yard yet, as we can't go out front where the wood pile is.

I must say Daisy, you sure have pretty eyes, great picture of your eyes up close.

Casper

SophieKitty said...

You're a good painter, SuperDaisy!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Great curly story Daisy!
--JB

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

ha! Very good story, Daisy. Painting is hard, but your paintings are very nice.

I hope George the (not-so) Great finds a nice girl lizard, too. Maybe then he won't be so grumpy...

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow! Superhero Daisy! How cool!

Anonymous said...

See Daisy, that is why I like you so much. A little bit of blood doesn't bother you at all! A beautiful cat after my own heart. (and your illustrations are awesome!)

Liss said...

Ha ha! What a neat story! I just think you're so funny and cute!

Liss

Tiger Lily said...

Hahahahahahahahaha! That is a very funny tall tale!!

Chrissie said...

That was a great story, Miss Daisy, and I thought your pictures were very good, especially all the realistic chopped off tail gore..it looked better than ketchup!

catsynth said...

That was a fun tale, thanks for sharing.

Lux said...

That was a beautiful story; I was terribly touched by it. :)

The Devil Dog said...

That was a great story, Daisy. But where is Super Daisy's cape? I thought you had to have a cape.

Roxy

Gretchen said...

That was the greatest tall tail I ever heard! By the way, you're a good painter. I liked you lizards.

Hugs...G

meemsnyc said...

I think I would be scared if I saw a lizard's tail fall off. George is mean.

The Man Under the Mango Tree said...

Such a wonderful tale. Reminiscence of Wonder Woman... Super Daisy to the rescue!!1

Nice illustrations.

Missed you yesterday

Have a nice day...

Anonymous said...

Boy that George is not a nice lizard.

Amber-Mae said...

Oh Daisy, you really crack me up! That's a great but a little bit weird story. I enjoyed reading the whole thing & your paintings are not bad!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Hahahahahahahaha!! Oh Daisy dear sweet Daisy! We iz laughin' oevfur here, & da momee sayz you are furry rights about dis morral. (Personabully, I alwayz thoughts dis waz abouts da mush-roomz... )

Girl Girl Hamster said...

What a pawsome story Daisy. I think you can start to publish your own books now

~ Girl girl

dennis said...

Dennis thinks Daisy is a creative genius.

admin said...

so today theme is being Curly: sameness or likeness? hehehehe....

Kimo and Sabi said...

WOWY - that wuz practically an epic novel
(or would that be epic tail?) We gots a good knock-knock joke fer ya . . .

salwa said...

it is nice story with nice end. but i hate lizard

Maureen said...

What a great tall tale! You are a very talented kitty.

TRIPPER THE PSYKO STRAY CAT said...

HAY DAISY I REELY LIKE THE WAY YOO DRAWED ALL THAT BLUD COMING OWT OF THE LIZZERDS TALE!!!! MORE BLUD!!! MORE BLUD!!! AND GUTS TOO!!!! PLEEZE AND THANK YOO!!!!

Unknown said...

daisy's mom is soooo creativez!! I like water color weelz! You should publish children's bookz!

Andree said...

No more blud, Daisy! No more! I loved the part where you came down out of the atmosphere to help the poor little lizard. Well, to play with the tail. I guess cats will be cats. You be a good writer, Daisy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails