Thursday, April 3, 2008

I want to write about bananers!

Hi everybody! It's me, Pixie. I am taking over, because I want to write about bananers. First I will let you know that my heart condition is getting a little bit worse (I have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy). I started to go into congestive heart failure, so I am taking more Lasix now. But do not worry, because I still feel about the same as usual. I want to write about bananers. My sister Daisy told me that other cats do not like bananers, but I do not believe this. Even the bananer aroma is wonderful!
I do not usually get to eat a bananer right off the peel! This one is very delicious. But then, EVERY bananer is delicious.
I can close my eyeballs to really savor the bananer goodness.
Here is how I usually eat my bananers: little pieces on top of my crunchy foods. That big piece is just a reflection from the small pieces in my bowl.
I think you will agree, "Fresh Tastes Best!"
Bye every-buddy!
Share/Bookmark

112 Notes for Daisy:

Poppy Q said...

Herrroooooooooowwwww Pixie bananas. That was a fabulous post about you, my little bonita friend.

I love the one with the sticker on your head!! That was soo funny sister.

Have a fantastic week.

Banana kisses to you sweet girl.

Poppy Q

Anonymous said...

Pixie,

It looks like you really enjoy your bananers. That's good, you won't get charlie horses then.

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Pixie,
We ain't never tried any bananers. Based upon your recommendation, we will try some today!!!

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers & Purrs Gang

PS...we is skeerd 'bout your heart condition!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Dearest dearest Pixie,

I miss you much~!!
I always like seeing you eat bananas, you are the mircal of banana sellers. You make many beans buying banana just want to try if we like to eat, but eventually, the bananas are all in beans's belly, which they also get their healthy~!!!

You are awesome, Pixie~!!

Even you told us not worry too much about your heart, but still, I am worry a little bit~!!!
You are always in my prayers from the very beginning that I knew you~!!!!

Love, Hugs,
Adan

Jenn said...

Hi Pixie!

I'm a human, but I know that bananas are good for your heart, because of all the potassium in them. So enjoy!

Take care,

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Howdy, Pixie! XD

Tink I will get meself one bananer to go, U have a great day!

Scritches and love,

Louche Tabby said...

....please after your health Pixie-pie.........

Parker said...

Hi Pixie! It's wonderful to see you and your 'nanners! I will try not to worry about your heart, but I am not sure I can do that. I love you and Daisy very much and always want you to be happy and healthy!
Smooches and purrs...

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Hi Trixie! Wow, what a great post. We have never tried bananas! We are going to ask Mommy right now for one! We will get back to you!

LOVE YOUR PICTURES! We hope that you feel better soon!

Love!!!

Maria said...

Hey Sweet Pixie!
I'm sorry to hear your heart is having a harder time. Lasix can pull potassium and magnesium from the body, so eat those bananas to put the minerals back in!

My doggie, Suki, loves bananas. She especially loves them if I put them in the freezer first and take them out for her on a hot, summer day.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Hi Pixie. We don't like bananers, but we're glad you do cuz they are good furr you.We will try not to worry about your heart, but we can't help it, we wish it could be better.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pixie, it's always lovely to see you. I'm glad the Lasix is helping your heart and you feel ok. Those bananers look delicious! :)

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Pixie, we are sorry to hear your heart is getting worse. We are purring and praying for you.

You certainly love bananas! We enjoyed watching you eating them. You look cute with the sticker on your forehead!

The Meezers or Billy said...

hi Pixie!! that was a great bananer post! you really look like you LOVES them more than anything in the werld (well, except maybe your mommy).
we is sorry to hear that your heart is getting werser. we will purrr hard for you!

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Dose bananers look so yummy! Do dey help wif yur heart condition coz dey are loaded wif potassium? We read somefin bout dat. Bananners are furry good for yoo anyway.

Anonymous said...

Did Daisy have a spa day?

No offense, I just don't see you a lot.

(Were you really small when you owner got you, and, did Daisy look like a daisy?

Eat lots of bananers!

Hannah Fanna

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Pixie you mades the littlest bean girl smile this mornings. She was so happy to see that you were okay (and so aren't we). She has to be yours and Daisy's biggest BEAN fan.

I do not likes naners but Mommy Bean always offers me a sniff when she eats one.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hi pixie! i haf missed you honey, you shud blog more! nice bananner!!!!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxxo

Anonymous said...

I like Bannaners, too! They are sooper food!

Glad to see you pop in today. Was wonderin' how you're doing. YOu looked pretty with the sticker on your head...

Keep enjoyin your favorite treat...They're good for you and your heart!

Sarge Charlie said...

Hi Pixie, I like bananers also

Anonymous said...

Naners are yummy, Pixie. I always cut mine up. They also have lots of potassium. That's good for you, I hear.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We are sad you have not been feeling well but happy you will be soon.

We nefur saw a kittie who likes the nanners. We just turn up our noses and run the other way!

Honey P. Sunshine said...

pixie yoo r so kyoot, thanks fur the nanner post

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

I am sorry to hear your heart condition is getting worse, but I think bananers are good for it. So you keep right on eating them.

Me, I'd rather stick to sardines.

Dma said...

I don't like bananers myself but after seeing your joy in all things banana it even makes we want to go peel and eat one.

Monty Q. Kat said...

Now MomBean wants a bananer...

I still don't understand how you can have a bad heart when you're such a wonderful kitty. Just doesn't make sense...

Ramses said...

Well I can see you love your banananananas Pixie (they are hard to stop spelling I think!), but since I am a kind and generous cat I think I shall stick to chickens and gravy as the things I crave most! By doing this I am freeing up more bananananas for you... :)

Purrs,
Ramses

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Did you start eating bananers because of your heart condition or did you always like bananas? We are sad because your heart condition is getting worse, but very happy that you have such a great Mommie to take care of you.

Mickey's Musings said...

Hi Pixie ! I know you love bananers, and I tried really hard but I do not like them. I guess that means you will never have to fight me for them.You might have to fight your Mom though ;)
I am happy you are still feeling wwell in spite ot your heart condition :)
Purrs Mickey

Gian Paolo said...

Hi Pixie! May I ask, do you have a blog of your own just like your sister?

Scout said...

That was so pawsome that Daisy let you write about naners! Purrsonally I have never tried them but I am glad you enjoy them so!

Love the photos to go along with them!

Oh, and I am sorry you have to take so much medicines! Yuk!

Quasi said...

Steve let me smell his bananer once. I'm sorry, Pixie, it was just not for me. However, they are high in potassium, which I think is good for kitties. By the way, nice to make your acquaintance.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Hi Pixie!
It's so good to see you. We tried a bananer and just didn't like it. You make it look so good!

~ The Bunch

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you, Pixie. It was nice of Daisy to give you some time to write, too.

We'll be purring for you and your sweet heart.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pixie! It is nice to see you enjoying your bananers. The last picture with the sticker on your head is so funny!

BL&T

Nomi said...

So nice to see you Pixie and what a bonus, seeing you eating your nannas as well. Nannas is good for you and your ticker. Take care

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Pixie
Momma loves nanners but she tried to offer me one and I looked at her like she was nuts. But then I look at her every time she offers me food. I am persnickerity....althought Momma says if I was hungry enough I would eat a buffalo. I wonder what buffalo tastes like?

Purrs
Abby

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

That is just, WRONG on so many levels, but dang, impressive!!!

I am sorry your heart is hurting, sweetie. I know your mommy is worried about you. As are all the people that know and love you through your sister's blog.

Tybalt said...

Pixie, you make me want to try a bananer!

It's good that you like bananers, they are good for you especially if you are having to take that Lasix stuff. Tell your heart to stop that, and start behaving right!

Gian Paolo said...

Yep, I sure had fun! Tell Pixie to start her own blog so that she could write more about her bananers. Name it "The Bananer Blog" or something like that. hehe! :D

Jan Price said...

We felines haven't tried bananas but we woofies have and they are good. We'd eat the peel too but Jan won't let us.

We hope you don't get any sicker, Pixie.

Anonymous said...

Pixie,

You are just to adorable.I have to admit I've never try banana yet it does look yummy.I will keep you prayers sweet friend :)

Shaggy and Scout said...

Good to see you again Pixie! We were just wondering yesterday how you were doing.
Bananners are wonderful things!

LZ said...

Haha, the LL just ate a banana and then visited here! I'm sorry your heart is getting worse but I'm happy to hear you feel the same. Enjoy your banana!

Kaze

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

We will purr for your heart, hurty hearts are scary. We tried bananers but it it just wasn't our thing. Maybe the puppy will like them.

Unknown said...

weee me like that stiker on you!! you now lookz like bananas!! cute~!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Hi Pixie! It's really nice to see yoo blog once in a while...we are still hoping dey find a way to fix yoor heart but in da meantime eating bananers is good. Our gramma hadda eat dem when she was on Lasix too! Zippy will eat a little bit of dem but we don't.

dennis said...

Dennis has never tried eating those things. Dennis is very picky and snubs humans who try to show him fruits and vegges.

CastoCreations said...

aaaaahhhhh! That is so sweet. My doggies like bananers too. :)

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Heya Pixie!

We has never tried bananers but you make them look very nummy! Maybe we will give them a try one day - or just send all of our bananers to you!

Anonymous said...

Our little Beaner likes nanners, too! But then again, she eats just about anything!!

BonzoGal said...

Hola Pixie, I tried to give Mambo a bananer this morning but he wrinkled his nose up and schnubbed it. You know what that means? More bananers for YOU!

I ate the bananer and dedicated it to you.

Rene Perez said...

Oh my gosh! You are sooo adorable and I love your curls! I loved bananas too and I hope that your heart is fixed to be perfectly fine!!

Team Tabby said...

Hi Pixie, you keep taking your Lasix and enjoying those bananers! Great post, makes us want to try those bananers, because we see you enjoying them so much.
We did a T13 today, ha.

Purrs,
Mindy & Moe

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Pixiekins sweetie it is so good to see you and hear an update on your heart condition. I have been thinking about you. I am glad that you are feeling okay. You and me, we would make a good team, I do not have heart troubles really... but my arthritis is annoying. I cannot walk very fast and that makes me a bit krabby. We would take good care of eachother, and focus on getting all the attention we deserve!
I do not like bananers but I bet Pierro will... some day mommie will test, he already sniffs everything that mommie eats or drinks.
Love and purrs to my favorite rexiegirl <3 always Princess

Chrissie said...

Miss Pixie, I am not much of a banana eater, but the opossum who lives under my neighbor's shed shares your affinity for this tropical delight-he ate a whole one last night! All that potassium is very good for your heart, especially since you're taking Lasix, which is not always potassium sparing.

That last bit was from my mom, who is a nurse and thinks she knows everything-NOT!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Bananas are the best! At least that is what Meowm says...I haven't tried them.

It is so good to see and hear from you! I am sorry your heart is getting worse. Meowm, Orion and I will purray for you.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Oh Pixie it was so good to hear from you. We are sorry your heart condition is getting worse. We will be purring for you. We are sorry to say that we don't like bananas. Mommy tried to feed us one. Scylla likes pumpkin though.

Hope you get lots and lots of bananas ~ Scylla, Charybdis & Socks

Deodand said...

Hi Pixie-

I offered my cats a bananer once, and they backed away with the "horrible smell" look on their faces. But we're glad you like them.

PS - You are like a race horse - they take Lasix too.

DK & The Fluffies said...

BANANAS! BANANAS are the best!!!! ~Fiona Bun

The Furry Kids said...

We are sad to hear about your heart, but we're glad to know that the medicine helps it not bother you too much.

I like bananers, too. Especially on a PB & bananer sammich. I'm not sure if the twins like bananers, but I will ask them.

Titus

L. Alida said...

Hi Pixie Sweetie! You are one of the kitties I think about when I light candles and pray for fur babies every where. My eyes are leaky, thinking about your little heart. I'm so glad that you have a great Mommie to take wonderful care of you. She and your little sister love you very much! You're so cute with your bananers and I love your curly tabby furs. The "m" on your head reminds me of Tookie's. Kitties with "m's" are very special! :) I hope you have a really happy day with your bananas and your family.
Love and Purrs,
Lorianna

Thoughts said...

That is absolutely hysterical! i have NEVER heard of a cat who likes bananas! How cute!

jenianddean said...

Because Mom saw you eating bananas she and Dad tried to get us to eat bananas. We'll sniff at them, but that's really as far as we've gotten. Maybe we should try again, maybe with crunchies.
--Jasper

Mo and The Purries said...

Hi Pixie!
We're sorry the bananas aren't a magic cure-all for your sweet little heart.
Please know that we love you, and Daphne says she doesn't eat bananners so that her friend Pixie will always have plenty!!!


Chloe, Daphne, Spooker, Isis, Jazper, and Not The Mama

PB 'n J said...

You've given us a lot to think about Pixie. Our woffie loves bananers, but we've never tried them - maybe we should?!

We're sorry to hear about your heart condition, but glad that it's manageable. Our granddaddy had viral cardiomyopathy and he takes lasix too!

Purrs,
Pearl, Bert and Jake

Babs (Beetle) said...

You are such a beauty! That is the cutest thing I've seen and the photo with the eyes closed in ecstasy is great!

So sorry about your heart, it does upset me. I hope they can fix it for you.

Copito said...

Hello Pixie,

I like eat bananers!

I'm worry about your heart, take care.

='·'=

Anonymous said...

Hi Pixie!!! You make one cute little Chiquita! Perhaps you should look into becoming their spokeskitty!

We are sorry to hear that your heart condition is a little bit worse. Before us Mom had some cute woofies and they both had Congestive Heart Failure, and so we will worry about you just a little bit, OK?

It was very nice of Daisy to share with you today, Pixie! Please "Hi" to Daisy for us.

Bananer smoochies!!

Unknown said...

Oh Pixie! I was so glad to see that you posted today about bananas! I think Daisy is right, most cats don't like bananas, you are very original.

I am sorry to hear your heart condition is getting worse, I will purray for you. My Mummy takes Lasix too!

The Tower Hill Mob said...

Hi, Pixie!
We're going to get our beans to get us nip 'naners as we hear they are good.
Mum has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, too. She hates all the extra lasix, so she knows how you feel. She said it's rare in beans, but fairly common in kitties.
Take care, pretty one!

Sunny's Mommy said...

I'm sorry your heart condition has gotten worse. That is sad news. But I'm glad you continue to feel the same.

Our cats don't eat bananers. But I do and I think they're very very yummy!

MaoMao said...

Awwww, Pixie! You are such a cutiepie and the pickshure of you with the stickur on yur head made my Momma say SQUEE!

You really love yur naners! None of us Ballicai like naners too much, but guess what I ated off Daddy's plate the othur day: peas and carrots!

We Ballicai are purrin fur you, sweet Pixie!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

darlene said...

ah Pixie you are soo funny eatin bananas.....hope you are well...

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Well of course bananers are good Pixie!

Lux said...

Hi Pixie! I loved hearing about how much you love bananers, even though I don't much!

Huggies,
Lux

Alison said...

Pixie I'm glad you enjoy your bananers! It's nice to see you here as well as Daisy.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Well ... The only bananers that the Feline Americans like are catnip bananers from Yeowwww!!! We do like bananer yoghurt an' bananer ice cream ... oh, an' catnana pudding (Puffy's favorite).
DMM

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

i never trieded bananers.

of course mamaw let me play with her dress becuase I am THE BOSSS of her (shhh dont tell, she thinks she is the boss..)

TRIPPER THE PSYKO STRAY CAT said...

WOW PIXIE WHY WON'T DAISY LET YOO RITE ABOWT BANANERS MORE OFFIN CUZ YOO ARE REELY HOT AND WIN I SAW YOO LIKKIN THAT NANNER I JUST THOT WOWWOWWOW!!!! PLEEZE AND THANK YOO I HAVE A CATNIP BANANER THAT I WON'T SHARE WITH YOO BECUZ ITS MINE MINE MINE BUT I'LL LET YOO LOOK AT IT DO YOO LIKE BUNNYKIKKING DON'T TELL PARKER WHUT I SED

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Pixie! What a precious girl you are. I'm sorry about your heart condition, but I'm glad you are still feeling about the same. You're such a sweetheart -- enjoy those bananas!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Chaffee Street Cafe` said...

Pixie,

Bobby and I pray for you and we are glad you have such a delightful family. Also we find it incredible that you crave and love your bananas. Please keep up your strength and we hope to hear more from you soon. Love, Theresa111 and Bobby

Anonymous said...

Pixie you are sooooo pretty with your fur coat! I wish my hair was that luxurious! I'll say a prayer for you that you do well with your meds! And say hi to Daisy for me!

Christine and FAZ said...

Hi Pixie, how lovely to see you looking so well, even if you say your heart is a little bit worse. I have to say I tried a bananer following your post but it didn't really taste like tuna so I didn't finish it. FAZ

The Wanderer said...

Wowie Pixie, we didn't know that nanners were edibles! And that potasium must be good for your heart?
We hads a sad day and then a miracle, come to our bloggie to read!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pixie,

I like seeing you blog. You have such wonderful insights on bananers. Whenever Daisy is off chasing lizards, you should come on. I know your heart is not well but a wordless Wednesday will do to see your sweet face!

SophieKitty said...

It's good to see you, Pixie. I enjoy reading about bananers but I don't like to eat them.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Oh Pixie, you are so cute, and you are two cute sisters. Maybe you should have the nickname of Chiquita? hee hee
I sure hope you can stay well....it must be tough having a heart condition.
Purrs,
JB

The Devil Dog said...

Pixie, I don't like bananers. Neither does Lucky. Now, if you want to takl about broccoli..

Roxy

Jimmy Joe said...

It's a good thing you like the bananers, Pixie, because they have stickers on them that say "heart healthy"! I hope with all the bananers and the Lasix your heart is feeling a-okay again.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Just Ducky said...

HI Pixie. I don't like bananers, mum eats them all the time, but I just pass on them.

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Hi meow meow Pixie. You're cute and I like banana too.. I think they are very tasty treats

~ Girl girl

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Hey Pixie! It's so nice to see you!!

My new fur-sister Greta has not tried a Banana yet, but I'll let you know if she likes them later.

I am very sad to hear that your heart is not getting better. I hope you get to blog more often. My sisters like to hog my blog, but I don't really mind.

Willow said...

Hi Pixie! My Food Lady brought home bananers from the store today and because you made them look so good, I believe I will try some bananer tomorrow! I do already like to eat strawberry bananer yogurt for breakfast with my Food Lady. Maybe I can do a bananer post tomorrow...

Purrrrrrrrs, Willow

Motor Home Cats said...

HI PIXIE!!!! We are so glad to see you! We hate to say it, but we have never even tried to eat one of mom's bananers. We are glad that you like them tho. We think it is great!

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

We are purring for your heart!

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Dear Miss Pixie,
This is Auntie Stinkie. I want you to know that your heart problems will be taken care of with that new medication. My old friend Tiger was 18, and he had a rip roaring time at his birthday party. He took that Lasix for quite a few years.
I am very glad that you enjoy those nanners. I do not think I would like them, but then I like most everything mommy puts in front of me!
I am hoping that you will come to my 16th birthday party in May.
Dr Tweety will keep you posted as to when that will happen..but I want to give you a place of honor.
Much love,
Auntie Stinkie
Oh..and make that Daisy girl behave!

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

KC said...
Hi, Pixie, you's look so cute wif that sticker on your head. hee hee.
i's fascinated by nanners when Mommy gets one, and she always offers me a bite, but when i gets close to it... ugh... i run away. course, i do tha same fing wif fish... ugh.
we's all purring fur you... Love, KC

Forty Paws said...

We're so glad to see you Pixie!! We've been wondering about you and your hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. We're so sorry to hear that it is worsening and that you went into congestive heart failure. That must be horribly scary for you and efurrybody else. We're sending you headbutts and purrs.

None of us like bananers. But it's just fine that you do.

Luf, Us

Max said...

I asked the Woman to let me take a bite of her banana after the first picture I saw of you eating one, but when she got it close to my face I just couldn't... It looks tasty, but the smell kinda turned me off.

admin said...

wow...banana? we never taste them, but we love to fart at them while we're sleeping next to them:) LOL!

Meaouwy Troops are so glad now coz mommy coming back to home & dun forget to find out inside our brain & compare it with humans' brain, sneak peek at Felinesophy

Anonymous said...

I'm a human, but I know that bananas are good for your heart, because of all the potassium in them. So enjoy!

Mr. Hendrix said...

Hi Pixie! I'm so glad you have something you love like banannas. I feel that way about Goldfish crackers. I adore them.
I'm sorry your heart is ickier and am glad you aren't feeling worse. We will purr and purr and pray that everything levels out.
Enjoy a bananna every day!

CRIZ LAI said...

Glad that you are better now Pixie. A fish a day sure keeps the doctor away. Wait! Did I get something wrong here? :P

Anyway, my woofy friend prefers papayas than bananas but I love apples cos it's crunchier :)

Rocky, Angie & S'more said...

Pixie - it's nice to see you, sweetie! We has been wondering how you are doing :)

We are worried about your precious little heart, so please keep eating those 'naners all up, so you will feel better, 'kay?!

Love,
Rocky, Angie, S'more, & our Mommy, Karen xoxoxoxoxo

The Crew said...

Pixie dear, we are so much alike! I would eat more fruit, but Mom is afraid it will affect my...my, uh...well, (ahem) my litterbox use.

Tipper

Samantha & Mom said...

Hi Pixie, it's so nice to see you! Your post made our Mom want to eat a bananer and she did!! We will purr & purray for your heart to feel better!
Your FL furiends,

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We are gonna HAFTA try a bananer!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Hello Pixie! Hope you are feeling better on your new meds. Bananas? Real ones? I am shocked really. Never thought of them in that way. I have a nip banana that gets a thrashing but I have never thought of eating a real one. I'll take a lick today.

purrs Goldie

Alexi said...

Pixie,
I'm so glad you like bananers. I tried to eat one but did not care for it so you can have mine. I am concerned about your heart. I will keep purrring and purraying for you.

All of us at the Castle love you and Daisy!

Alexi

Boy said...

Good to see you Pixie! I do wowwy about your heart too, even though you say you still feel fine as usual.
It's weird you wike bananers though. I do not wike the smell of the bananers. And you should see That Thing when he smells them! He wuns a mile away!

4 Boys and a Lady said...

Pixie! We're so glad to see you! Hmmm, we haven't tried any bananas yet. Maybe Mom will let us today.

We're always purraying for you and your heart! We're glad you're still feeling OK!

The Furry Bambinos said...

Hi Pixie!!

It was great to hear from you again! We are not sure if we like bananers or not, as we have never tried them. Mom told us that the cats who came before were scared of the smell of bananers and would run away!

Purrs,
Padre, Panda Bear, and Meerkat

Related Posts with Thumbnails