Thursday, April 24, 2008

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

Thoughts on Thursday: Wearing an aluminum foil hat does not block bad thoughts. I am having plenty of them right now.

Share/Bookmark

120 Notes for Daisy:

Poppy Q said...

Daisy you look very annoyed. Maybe you could pick up New Zealand tv with that hat? ER is on right now!!

I think Heidi would say You're out and Auf Weidersen to you if you wore that on the runway.

The Meezers or Billy said...

yeah, but the government can't read them and censor you!

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh... You dont look too happy there Daisy. But that is a very futuristic hat

~ Girl girl

Parker said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
If you really thought that hat would help (and I am glad you don't!) there is medicine for that!

Anonymous said...

Ok, that's just too funny! Mom snorkled coffee all over Gandalf. I like it when that happens.

Your friend,
Grayson

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

dr. daisy ...
i havva importunt kweschun fer u on mi blog.
pleez ... if u cood be uv assistance.
thank u.
luv--jh
pss ess--yer pikshur iz makin me laff an laff!

Anonymous said...

Daisy,

Your hat may actually help transmit your bad thoughts. The tin foil hat will also block the lizards from reading your mind.

Felix, Garfield & Jawsy said...

Its one of those days huh, Daisy.

Maybe u need to adjust the length of the antenna?

May the force of kind thots be with U...

*Raise paws*
3 Stooges & Mach

Anonymous said...

Lol...errr that's so wrong.

Ramses said...

*giggle* You're so cute Daisy, but I'm having bad thoughts too thanks to kitten ear bitey... Wanna share some Valerian and chill out?

Anonymous said...

Aw, Daisy, you should take some time off. How about a spa day? Okay? Okay.

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Daisy,
How can you be having annoyed thoughts when you look so cute? You make even a tin foil hat look good, Daisy!

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers & Purrs Gang

Babs (Beetle) said...

Ooooh, he he he! You look so funny in that hat. I might have bad thoughts too if I had a tin hat on. I your mummy dosn't put you near electricity.

Purrs, Sukie X

Mickey's Musings said...

I can see that :o
I sense a whapping session coming up ,heh,heh,heh!!
Purrs Mickey

Clover said...

hahah oh Daisy - you look so cute in that hat!! I hope you are starting to feel better and thinking better thoughts now.
Love Clover xo

Honey P. Sunshine said...

what kind of radio stations can you get with that hat?

Natalia said...

That is AWESOME! My kitties would just eat the hat. Daisy it takes a true professional to model what you hate.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

The indignity! We hope you got lots of Temptations for that one! That one also deserves the bitey!

Monty Q. Kat said...

Holy cow, MomBean, you're going to turn blue from laughing that hard, take a breath!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

honey would you please sit on my tv for a few minutes? i want to see if i can pick up something...

smiles, auntie bee
xooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Louche Tabby said...

.....they look like the Wicked Witches legs...I'm meeelllltiiing!!....

Dma said...

I transmitted a secret response to you. Did u get it?

Cecil the Cougar: said...

Daisy, I can see that you are not happy to be wearing that unfashionable hat! A fashionista such as yourself cannot tolerate such things!

zevo hussein calamari said...

It blocks alien mind control. (We have been watching X Files reruns!)

oh no.... you know that my pet human is going to force us to wear those too!

I think a 3:00 am revenge is in order here!

Sarge Charlie said...

Holy Moley Miss Daisy, it looks like you have a LLF. (Lazer Lizard Finder)

Kitikata-san said...

Wow, what a good idea for a hat Daisy. So what is your bad thought?

Unknown said...

lol! Daisy this is too funnyz!! I know Aliens can read u mind I think it is good ideas!! so awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh dear... that looks like an accessory from a Far East themed fashion show.

jenianddean said...

Oh Daisy - You look so ticked off!! But on the plus side you gave my mom a good laugh for the day!!

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

You do look very P***ED!!!

Who is at the receiving end of those evil looks?

Mommie? A lizard?

Anonymous said...

I think Rin Tin Tin and Lassie have reruns on a certain tin-foil hat channel. This may turn out to be beneficial!

LOL! What your Mommie does to you! tsk tsk!

auntie p said...

LOLs...you're such a cute cat, Daisy!

And your blog makes me laugh. :)

Cheers!

Rocky, Angie & S'more said...

Oh Lordy! Ms. Daisy, you are too cute! Mommy is laughing out loud! Good thing she didn't have a mouthful of coffee :)

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy
That is a grand expression on your face. YOU are adorable as always.

Purrs
Abby

Gattina said...

Hahaha ! Daisy you look great ! Not even THE QUEEN has such a nice hat !

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Oooh! We think your Mommie is in trouble for putting that hat on you!

Quasi said...

Even though you're a fashion icon, I don't think this is one of your better looks. Metal hats are hard looks to "work."

Laura Brown said...

That's one of the funniest I've seen you post. You should find a contest to enter it into. Made me laugh out loud when I opened your blog this morning. :)

Spooky said...

I wouldn't be very happy if someone tried to wire me up like that, Daisy. (Sorry, but I am laughing...you look so funny!)

Mo and The Purries said...

OH Daisy!
You don't know how much I needed a good guffaw today!
THANKS!

Not The Mama

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah My oah My, Daisy~!!
There must be lots of information that you have recieved!!!!!
Tell me!!!

Unknown said...

ROFL!! I was Entrecard dropping and laughed out loud when I saw this! Definitely not happy... but very funny!!

The Furry Kids said...

The Mom just snorted coffee right out her nose. Hahahahaha!

I am sorry that you have to wear that stoopid hat, Daisy. I can tell that you do not like it. Not one little bit.

EG

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

You do look very annoyed! You reminded Meowm of a movie called Signs with Mel Gibson and Joaquin Phoenix.......are you keeping the aliens from reading your mind?

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Daisy... who's idea was this?
no, the foil hat does not work and biting it feels bad too.

Asta said...

Disy
What happened..what made you so angwy???
I hope it's nothing sewious, and that youw bad thoughts go away
smoochie kisses
Asta

Gemini and Ichiro said...

It will not stop the Borg either..

Anonymous said...

That is definitely the most unusual hat we have seen you wear Daisy. You don't look too happy with it.

Unknown said...

LOL! Look at the face :D

Shaggy and Scout said...

Give it to Pixie. Maybe she can pick up The Bananna Channel.

catsynth said...

That is so funny - we love your hat, and your expression :)

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Daisy, even though you are obviously ticked off you still are adorable! We think treats are in order!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Henson Ray said...

Hilarious. Reminds me of "My Favorite Martian."

Gledwood said...

About 15, 20 years ago the Bank of England decided to issue a new very blue £5 note... anyway to cut a long story short the Queen (who of course appears on all money (more realistically now than at any time past (harhar!!))) made an appearance on the back looking absolutely FURIOUSLY angry. As if someone had swapped Deep Heat with her piles ointment...

... anyway Daisy, why are you pulling such an old £5 face~??!?

Gledwood said...

PS the queen must've been absolutely horrifically furious about THAT little "portrait" ~ within a year or so her furore mysteriously vanished for a far more clement and "English" looking version of the Queen~!!

PB 'n J said...

Ooh Daisy we can read your thoughts from here!

The Crew said...

Daisy, is that you? We thought maybe that was an alien Daisy-look-alike.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Yea but at least the aliens cant read your mind now!

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Does it help any with the broadcasting of them? Because anything to help me get more treats...

Haley H said...

This photo just cracks me up. Poor Daisy. Poor, adorable Daisy. You look like you're the one trying to do the mind control: Get this foil hat off me. :P

Mrs. Clemms said...

Hi Daisy,
My name is Gizmo. Me and my mommy found your blog yesterday and we just have to say that it is the cutest thing ever! I am a bob-tailed tuxedo cat that loves the 'nip. I have a myspace, but am now thinking of having a blog as well! You have inspired me!
Love&Purrrs, Gizmo
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f371/apeclems/gizmo/nip.jpg

Unknown said...

Oh Daisy, this is one of the funniest things I have seen in a long, long time.

My Mum was at work when she saw this and she snorted really loud. It is a good thing her office door was half closed or everyone would have come over to see what was so funny : )

Mr. Echo said...

Fierce...

That's whut I'd be if sumone put that on my head too. Go find a shoe to poop in or sumpin!

L. Alida said...

Wow, Daisy, you look like you are "Losing your Religion" over having to wear that hat. :) (I like REM too.) It's not your best fashion moment, but you make anything look cute and you made me happy. I wished I lived in Florida so I could visit You and Pixie and Cecil too. Have a happy, no more bad thoughts day!
Kisses and Purrs,
Lorianna

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh oh, dad even spit coffee out while looking at dis piksher...yoor mom must be punished fur dis one! We sugjest leaving a gift in one of her shoes...

Chrissie said...

What are you upset about, Miss Daisy? I've heard that wearing a tinfoil hat keeps the aliens from reading your thoughts!

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

did you find the frequency, daisy? you look like you are concentrating very hard.

p.s. we like that song a lot!

Tybalt said...

But it keeps the aliens away. >.>

Now mommy is singing. Again. Sigh.

Skeezix the Cat said...

Win the FL saw yer pikcher with yoo waring the antennuh, she sed it reeminded her of win she was a Food Serviss Purrfeshunl at a fancy Frenchie Resternt and she made fancy foil swans for the takeout containers and peepul gave her extra munneys win she did that. Maybey yoo cood sell yer anntennuh and git sum temtayshuns munney!

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Oh such a great caption! Daisy, could you think of it as a crown??? You are so cute when you are annoyed!

Gretchen said...

So you're the one casting a cold chill over here...

Think good, warm, sunshine thoughts, please...I freezing.

Hugs...G

Tiggie FOC said...

Blondie would love this. She is all about hats.

Did you know there was a series of books called "Space Cats"?
If they ever re-issue the books, you could be on the cover!

Victor Tabbycat said...

I know that look! Bonnie looks like that a lot! The "We are NOT amused" look!

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are very scared that you gave our Mommy a bad idea, she is getting the tin foil down. We are running to hide now catch you later Daisy. Good luck on ditching your tin foil hat. ~Socks, Scylla & Charybdis

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

Are you picking up good reception?

admin said...

umm..something nasty bothering you lately? probly we could help u out;)

neverfull said...

daisy, i know you aren't very happy but you sure look cute!

Menopauseprincess said...

I could see why you'd be unhappy. Foil hats are so last year!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Definitely not your usual feminine fare. But you look kinda cute, even if highly annoyed.

Randi said...

Hi Daisy! Are you picking up any signals from distant doggie & kitty planets? You don't look very happy to have that high-tech gizmo on your head..I much prefer your frilly pink hats myself..

Love & Licks,
Randi

ps..I LOVE the pic of you from yesterday munching on the table...My mom thinks it would be fun to tickle your tummy!

Unknown said...

That's hysterical -- although it doesn't look like Daisy thinks it's funny :)

CastoCreations said...

hahahahahahaha

Daisy...you bring a smile to my face! Thank you for allowing yourself to be so abused for my amusement. =)

Lux said...

And no wonder, Daisy! ;-)

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Hahahaha you do look funny Daisy.

Petra ~ said...

Oh Daisy - you might want to bite mommy on the toe for that one! You look rightfully indignant!

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

Oh Daisy we just read some awful news, Cecil plans on leaving us!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Oh Daisy, why do you let your mom do some of these things to you?? That is for sure a lightening rod on your head! Be careful!
I have missed so many days of your blog, and my mom has to unpack, so I don't know if I'll be able to read all your posts.
BUT.....my mom is back!!!!!
--JB

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Daisy,
**Giggle giggle** Ahem... You look so so annoyed.. I think your expression makes me laugh more than your aluminum foil hat!!

Just Ducky said...

Fire your hat maker!

SophieKitty said...

I can totally tell what you're thinkin' and it kinds scares me. However, even in a tin foil hat, you look adorable.

The Devil Dog said...

Are you having a bad day, Daisy, that you have those bad thoughts?
We hope it gets better.

Roxy

Motor Home Cats said...

Daisy, you look royally hacked off. We can't believe your mom did that to you.

But you are as adorable as always.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

My husband thinks the whole Daisy adoration thing is out of hand, in general. However, he laughed and laughed when he saw this. He is also onboard with the design and execution of a Daisy Renaissance dress. Asking if I am ordering extra trim. Everyone in the house thinks this is a spledid idea. So, I'm working on a drawing now. Pan-Kitty is about Daisy size and is going to be my fit model with the fits.

caspersmom said...

I don't know Daisy, but you looked a little perturbed there. Sure hope you don't blow up.

Casper

meemsnyc said...

hahahahhaha, love the hat Daisy!

Team Tabby said...

That's a really interesting hat for Fashion Friday, Daisy!

Mindy & Moe

Amber-Mae said...

BOL!!!! Too funny! Is that some kind of antenna?

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Karen Jo said...

You do look ticked off, Daisy. Is it because the reception is bad? You gave me a good laugh.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Yes, but you are safe from them mind rays of the Martians and other planet Beins...

MaoMao said...

hehehehe, Momma's crackin up at yur pickshure and so am I! Do you think if I wore a tinfoil hat I wouldn't think Coffee Stirrurs were evil anymore?

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Jack, Persephone, Tenzing and Lancelot said...

Well, I'd be annoyed too!

But you know, I bet it would skitter really good on the floors in your house if you whapped it around some! (Just don't eat it!)

Thank you for the Belly Rub!

~Jack

Beethoven said...

Wow! I think hats are in recently! I gotted to wear the horns and the pancake hat, and now you gets the aluminum foil hat!

The Furry Bambinos said...

Wow, Daisy, that sure is an unusual hat! We're not telling Daddy about this in case he gets any "bright ideas".

Padre, Panda Bear, and Meerkat

Donna said...

Well, at least the Martians can't control you.

Forty Paws said...

We call that the ES&D look.

Luf, Us

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Daisy, it occurred to us that some people don't know where your post title came from, so here is the story:


"Kenneth, what is the frequency?"
On October 4, 1986, as Dan Rather was walking along Park Avenue in Manhattan to his apartment, he was attacked and punched from behind by a man who demanded to know, "Kenneth, what is the frequency?", while a second assailant also chased and beat him. As the assailant pummeled and kicked Rather, he kept repeating the question over and over again. In describing the incident, Rather said, "I got mugged. Who understands these things? I didn't and I don't now. I didn't make a lot of it at the time and I don't now. I wish I knew who did it and why, but I have no idea."

The incident and Rather's account led some to doubt the veracity of Rather's story, although the doorman and building supervisor who rescued Rather fully confirmed his version of events. The story entered popular lore and remained unsolved for some time. The incident inspired a song called "Kenneth, What's the Frequency?" by the band Game Theory in 1987, and in 1994 the band R.E.M. released the more widely-known song "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" on the album Monster. It became the subject of many jokes over the years and slang for a confused or clueless person. Rather was a good sport about it, and actually sang with the band during a soundcheck prior to a gig at Madison Square Garden, New York, which was shown the following night on The Late Show With David Letterman before their performance of Crush With Eyeliner.

dennis said...

Dennis thinks this is just going TOO FAR.

dennis said...

Dennis says "Time for the bitey big time!"

Sunny's Mommy said...

Hahahaha! ROFLMBO! Sorry, I am not laughing at you Daisy, but at the reference. You're too young to get it, but I'm sure your Mommie does! Haha!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA! we're sorry - we can tell how annoyed you are, but we just can't help ourselves. HAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

Awesome picture! I love it! haha... tin foil hat cat :)

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Hi Daisy, we are glad that you didn't mind us telling the "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" story. Mommy just thought this was the funniest title ever! We still think you have a crown on!

Leslie said...

Beam me up, Scottie!

Sunny's Mommy said...

I remember that quite well, and not because of the REM song :-p

I don't recall hearing of William Tager so many years later, but no doubt Rather wanted to put this behind him being a newsperson who needs to be seen as believable. And he certainly wasn't when it happened. It was just too way out there, what he said happened to him.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Are you SURE that you're not hangin' 'round the homeless guys in Balboa Park? Mom said that a couple were tryin' to contact Mars on a pie tin an' coat hanger "phone" ...

DMM

DK & The Fluffies said...

Mwahahahahahahahaha

Samantha & Mom said...

Daisy that is the funniest picture!! You don't look very happy, but at least your Mom can't read your thoughts!
Your FL furiends,

dennis said...

Dennis loves this though

Anonymous said...

Dennis came back to look again--Dennis just likes everything about this photo--Daisy do you ever take baths?

my identity went away!

Dennis

Maureen said...

HAHAHA! This is my favorite picture yet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails