Thursday, June 19, 2008

You can teach an old Daisy new tricks!

See this thing? Do you know what it is? It is my new Clicker "Fun Kit" for cats. My Mommie is going to try to teach me some tricks with this kit for cats.
There are some special cards that tell you all the steps to learn a new trick. I have been trying to learn how to play the piano for a long time. Maybe the clicker will help me. I'm not sure though, because I do not have any rhythm.
Here I am trying to make friends with my clicker. It seems a little cold.
Next we are reading the instruction book. My Mommie will have to help me with that. Reading is a little bit hard.
I am a little crabby about this whole project. I will try it, but I might not like it.

Note from Daisy's Mom:
Daisy has already started learning a new trick in just a couple of days with the clicker. Daisy wants to practice until she gets her new trick just right, and then she will try to astound you with her trick.

Share/Bookmark

78 Notes for Daisy:

snowforest said...

We can hardly wait for the new trick...
...purrs from SnowForest family :)

Anonymous said...

Daisy -- clicker training is lots of fun -- that's how I teach the birds to do tricks.

ê¿ê

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

You are really really trying Daisy~!
I might not that interesting about that click, but I can see how you doing~!!!
Practice but not too tired, I am sure you will have new tricks!

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Can't wait to see your new trick Daisy. You must be very clever to get it in such a short time

~ Girl girl

Anonymous said...

Daisy is a smart one and surely she can learn new trick quickly.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Very interesting. We had heard about dog clicker training but didn't know they had one for cats too. Can't wait for the new trick!

Purrs, Goldie and Shade

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! We can't wait to see which trick you picked, Daisy!! You do look a little crabilated.

Daisy, does this mean we all have to learn new tricks? Mom has been to shows where cats were trained with the clicker. We hope she does not buy us one.

Poppy Q said...

Ohhhhhhhh how exciting. I wonder what your trick is Miss D, will it be driving the car or maybe brushing your moms hair? Ohhh I can't wait.

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

a clicker?
hmmmmm ....
can it teech dat tuxie-cat in mi backyard to find anudder howse to vizit?
jus wunderin.
luv--jh

Parker said...

This ought to be good!
My, my Daisy, you can look cranky when you want to!

TabbyNormal said...

Wow, Daisy! It must be really cute to see your mom doing this training. Humans have such funny ideas, they are all so different with unique personalities. We cats know they are the ones really being taught.

I can't wait to see the performance!
Purrs,
Abby

Felix, Garfield & Jawsy said...

Click, Click, Click,
We can't wait to see Daisy's Trick!

Anonymous said...

What a sweetie! Even her grumpy face is sweet! Jelly Bean has trouble reading too, she's just too impatient! I'm curious to see the new trick too....maybe I can get a clicker and teach Jelly Bean some tricks as she's a natural performer!

Donna said...

I think my post got lost... I'm sorry if this is a repeat. Daisy, I just wanted to say I am so proud of you! That is great. Our very own magician.

The Meezers or Billy said...

that sounds very interesting. we cannot wait to find out more about it

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what new tricks you learn, Daisy! Maybe the clicker will work for my hubby... think so?

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

daisy astounds me every day! i can hardly wait!!!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Mickey's Musings said...

Maybe YOU should be using the clicker to train your Mom. When you click it,she gives you a treat!!!!!
I am looking forward to your trick though ;)
Purrs Mickey

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Oh, we can't wait to see the new trick.

Mommy says we need obedience lessons, I can't imagine why she thinks that.

~Socks, Scylla & Charybdis

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Daisy, you are SO SMART!!! We can't wait to see what you learn next!

Dma said...

I'm anxious to see your trick.

Diego-san loves to play the piano although he has no rhythm either. That doesn't stop him though.

Unknown said...

I agree with Mickey! Maybe you should train your human with the clicker. I've trained mine quite well—whenever I treat the objects on her dresser or nightstand like hockey pucks, she gets up and feeds me or lets me drink from the bathroom sink. Very effective! I heartily recommend this painfree (and FUN!) training method.

Regards to the lovely Daisy,

Mica (borrowing Petey's blog once again)

Babs (Beetle) said...

This sounds very interesting. You have given MB ideas now.

Purrs, Sukie X

Monty Q. Kat said...

Does it work on beans?

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, Daisy, you are so smart! We can't wait to see your trick!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

You are so talented!

I look forward to seeing what you have done.

Purrs
Abby

The Furry Kids said...

Dear Daisy,
Does your Mommie make the clicky sound and then feed you temptations? Or does she do that lame verbal praise thing? You definitely need temptations. Accept no substitutes.

Your pal,
Titus

Randi said...

Oh Daisy! You look so grumpy in that last pic! I hope the trick isn't too hard! But you can do it!

Love & Licks,
Randi

Quasi said...

Daisy, you are a very smart girl, and I'm sure you'll pick up this clicker thing really quickly. The question is: is a treat involved?

Kitikata-san said...

Wow Daisy, you are so talented already, and you will be more talented now? Also, do tell, with this clicker thing, do you get more treats?

Tybalt said...

Daisy, you are so very smart that I know you will have that trick done in no time! I can't wait to see you in action!

Asta said...

Daisy
You awe astounding..youw leawning nevew stops..Mommi says that is pawtastic!!!I can't wait to see what youw new twick is..does it wowk fow doggies Too?
smoochie kisses
ASTA

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Wow, is Daisy going to be sorta like a magician?
--JB

Shaggy and Scout said...

Oh boy, we hope there's video! Daisy is so smart we are not surprised one bit she's mastering a trick already!
You go, Daisy!!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I can hardly wait to see your trick! You are so very smart!

CastoCreations said...

Oh my goodness Daisy. I am SO excited to see your new tricks!

I only tried clicker training with Quinn and she took to it very quickly.

Have fun!!!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Daisy is ASTOUNDING efurry day!
DMM

Skeezix the Cat said...

I hope yer new trik involves kissing Skeezy!

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Hi Daisy,
Hope your clicker training also includes pairing the clicker with treats too. Otherwise, I would hold out on doing tricks until I got treats!!!

Hope your tricks are fun for you though:)

Alex the Blogging Kat said...

OOOOOOOOOOOO! I wantz one too! OK?

Tatum Tot said...

I love the Mum's clicker! It means a treat is coming! I just have to finger out what to do to make that click happen. Way cool you are a cat and are gonna learn with the clicker.

I will come back and see how fast you learn, I bet you will learn super fast!

Mr. Echo said...

Good golly Miss Daisy I do beeleev yoo can do innything. I wood not be at all surrpurrized if yoo play a concert on the pianner.

And only yoo can make a noozpaper hat look good. Only our Daisy!

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Daisy, we can't wait to see the new trick you are learning ... we bet you and your Mommie are having fun with it! Maybe you will inspire us!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I am very excited!
Daisy, you go curlie girl!

<3 and purrs, Princess

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

cool daisy! I am eggsited to seey our new tricks. I am clicker trained to do a few things, go to my podium, high five, and sit up. you should joins the cat clicker group on yahoo, they has great advice for trainings!

veronica

L. Alida said...

Daisy, this is so cool! Kitties in commercials and movies are trained with a clicker too. You are so smart anyway, so I bet this will be easy peasy for you. :) Does it work on husbands? How about kids? ;)
I hope you are having a happy week.
Things are pretty busy here. We have a new family member! He's very cute and very unexpected. And he has lots of energy! I will post pictures hopefully today.
Love and Purrs to You and Pixie,
Lorianna

Chrissie said...

It is hard to learn new things, sometimes, Miss Daisy..I can see why you would be crabby. All that reading and clicking-are there any real cat treats involved? And who's doing the training? Are you training your mommie-that's the way it should be!

Babs (Beetle) said...

Daisy, this is just between you and I, but No 2's are automatically finished off with a charge through into the lounge with big black eyes, by Livvie! M&M always know when to clean the litter tray hehe!

She will be pleased to know that she is in good company.

Purrs, Sukie X

Nomi said...

Never a dull moment with Daisy. What will your twick be I wonder ?????

Jans Funny Farm said...

Daisy, You are not just a beauty. You are smart too. We can't wait to see your new trick.

purrs and tail wags

Evergreen loves Kilroy said...

Yay Daisy!! I can't wait to see your new trick!

Anonymous said...

You are not old, Daisy! Four is not old. Learning should be fun, but I would not have wanted to try to learn piano when I was four, either.

Whatever it is, I hope you enjoy learning it and showing us what you have learned.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

After yoo learn yoor new trick (and we can't wait to see it) are yoo going to use da clicker to teach yoor mom a new trick? We woulda sed yoor dad, but, we all know dey is almost untrainable.

PB 'n J said...

We're sure you'll master that clicker thingy - you can do anything Daisy!

Copito said...

Wow, tricks are good, Daisy, I wish you luck!

='.'=

Samantha & Mom said...

We are waiting with bated breath to see your new trick Daisy!! You are so clever that we bet it only took a few clicks for you to learn!
YFF,

Irishcoda said...

Wow, that's really cool! We're looking forward to seeing the trick Daisy learns. :)

MaoMao said...

Oh wowie, we Ballicai can't wait to see yur trick!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Anonymous said...

That clicker looks very interesting! Mom read something about clicker training a while back. I know you will do fabulously with your trick, dear!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

SophieKitty said...

I can't wait!!

The Devil Dog said...

You do look pretty crabby in that last photo, Daisy. We hope you give this a chance before geting really crabby about it.

Roxy

Sweet Purrfections said...

I bet Daisy's new trick is to teach Mom to get more treats with a click.

Bubbles said...

This IS fun, Daisy!! Ruis's typist has given clicker training for years to other doggies and their beans and looks very forward to your new trick!

Headbutts,
~Karl & Ruis

Amber-Mae said...

A kitty learning new tricks! This I got to see. We have that same clicker too but now I just found out that it's for kitties, not for dogs! No wonder the clicker sound is so soft unlike the one for dogs. I can't wait to see your new trick Daisy!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

caspersmom said...

Hey Daisy, you look like you are getting mad. Isn't the clicker working right. Oh, I know you will catch on, never fear.

Casper

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

Looking forward to seeing the results!

andrahyb said...

Clicker Training!

Yoohoo! We'll be waiting 'impatiently' for you to show us you new learned tricks!

* Meow..oof! *
Opps again!

Love,
Rudolf & Goofy

Lux said...

Oh, I can't wait to see your new trick, Daisy!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We cant wait ta see what Daisy's NEW TRICK will be. We are thinkin it will involve Mr Lizard or Mr Snail!

Sushi said...

I'm really curious about this new trick! Can't wait!

meemsnyc said...

Wow the clicker is super cool. We can't wait to see your tricks Daisy!!

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

Wow! I didnt know such thing exist!
And your expression in the last photo really make me laugh.

Lizzy said...

Aww, so sweet~ ♥ I hope Daisy can learn a few more cat tricks. ^__^v

Sarge Charlie said...

Note to Daisy's Mom: Daisy astounds me already.

Tesla and Hansel said...

How does the clicker work? I can't wait to see it in action!

Andree said...

Daughter Amy tried clicker training with dogs and now refuses to teach it to other owners. I don't know why though. I'm looking forward to your new trick, Daisy!

Bogdan, the editor said...

Daisy! Don't give in! DON'T GIVE IN!! YOU teach the humans tricks -- not the other way around!!

Anonymous said...

I've been attempting to clicker train my ferrets, which experts say can be done. Not sure about results yet, as I haven't been consistent.

But Daisy will surely pick this up lickety-split!

Related Posts with Thumbnails