Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday Mystery: Another Word Puzzle!

For today's Monday Mystery, we have another word puzzle! This one is just a little bit hard, so you might need to put on your thinking cap. Are you ready? Look at the pictures below, and see if you can figure out the word:

+
+
= ?

Do you know the answer? Go HERE to see if you are correct!

Thank you to my friend Marilyn at Cats Exclusive for posing for my puzzle.
Share/Bookmark

105 Notes for Daisy:

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Daisy,
Wow...that was way-hard. You are very very VERY smart to be able to come up with your word puzzles!!!

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers and Purrs Gang

Anonymous said...

We thought it was Cat + Shower Curtain + Column.

That's not right again. We'll keep trying, Daisy!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We didn't guess that Daisy. We must try harder.

Donna said...

I had "box-napkin-column"! That's not a word, though.

Poppy Q said...

Oh no I don't feel very clever. I loves your thinking cap Miss D - very dashing.

Banana kisses blown across the ocean to Miss Pixie, and I hope your flutterbies are doing ok.

Smooches.

Anonymous said...

Nice one, Daisy. I couldn't figure it out, but I blame that on Monday.

Anonymous said...

Without looking at the answer, I'm going to say cat tarp pillar -- caterpillar -- what your new pets are!

Yeah!!!! I WIN!! I WIN!!!

Chrissie said...

I got nothin', Miss Daisy-NO-thing! I'm gonna have to look at the answer. I like your hoodie, but isn't it kind of warm at your house for a hoodie?

Anonymous said...

That was a good one Daisy! Obviously I didn't have MY thinking cap on, like you have. The only one I got was 'tarp'!

The Meezers or Billy said...

That was very hard Daisy!!!! but it was good and you're very smart

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

This is extremly hard for me, Daisy~!
But I think it's great~!
Thanks for let me learning news things today!

Teddy Westlife said...

I didn't get anything except "cat". I need to study some more.

Huffle Mawson

Mickey's Musings said...

That was great Daisy!! I got the first 2 but could not think of the word pillar!!!!! Guess I need a Thesaurus! heeheehee
Purrs Mickey

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We need a better thinking cap, yours is adorable by the way. We had cat + bag + pedestal which meant NOTHING.

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Oh...we were not even close! This is a very good puzzle!!

Daisy, thank you so much for visiting and leaving such sweet comments for our Mommy. She is doing much better!!!

Purrs!!!
p.s. Your thinking cap looks adorable on you!!!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sigh. i had nappadcolumn. i didn't think that was right though. that was really a hard one.

i love your thinking cap. i should have worn mine or taken some fish oil first!

smiles, auntie bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

Marian said...

Daisy - You are too smart for us! We even called Crazy Lady at work and she helped some, but all we could come up with was cat + corner + column. We figured it was going to be catty-cornered something. Guess C.L. can go back to work now, she was NO help at all.
:o) Thomas, Phoebe and Trixie

Dma said...

good golly that was way too hard for a monday morning. i was close though catmatcolumn is what I came up with.

-d

The Fitness Diva said...

Man! All I got was 'tarp'!
Then I had nap+tarp+column! Duh!
I should have put my thinking cap on like you did!
Good one, Daisy!

Liss said...

Oh, of course, should have guessed, that's probably on your mind a lot.

Monty Q. Kat said...

Hey! I got this one!

Anonymous said...

rest + tarp + corinthian = a very confused Lois...LOL!

Good one!!!!

The Island Cats said...

That was a tough one, Daisy. The tarp thing messed us up.

Let's play again!

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

The Furry Kids said...

Darn! We were so close. But Mama couldn't figure out what a cat+tarp+ column was. ::groan::

Happy Monday!
Love,
Tazo

Forty Paws said...

That was WAY too hard.

We were mostly wondering why you had on that nice wool blankie over your head in the heat of the summer.

Luf, Us

Fred said...

I came up with Squintnapkinpole. It wasn't in the dictionary, so I kinda figured I didn't get it right.

Sarge Charlie said...

You are very very clever Miss Daisy. That was a good word puzzle. as usual you fooled me....

Mo and The Purries said...

Yay!
I got the puzzle!

Caterpillars for everyone!
luv,
Not The Mama

Spooky said...

Clever!

I got it right!!

Shilgiah the Cat said...

You always have such fun mysteries to solve! Isn't that a "thinking hood" rather than cap? Either way you look marvelous in it.

Ramses said...

Oh very good one there Daisy, I got the cat+tarp bit, but kept coming up with column - Mummy was no help either as she keeps calling them "capilotats" thanks to her baby brother starting that silly name off! ;)

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Oh Daisy, we are extra dopey today and did not figure this one out. i bet if Blizzie was home she would have but she is at Gramma and grampa's this week.
Mom is not help, she guess, tabby + pad + column.

I hope both you and Pixie have an extra wonderful day!

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Yippy we got one!!! ~Queen Snickers

Cupcake said...

Wonderful thinking cap.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Cool puzzle, Daisy! :)

Thank you so much for celebrating my birthday with me! I really appreciate it. - Dragonheart

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

wow ... i wuz reelee off ... i thot it wuz
tabby + shower curtin + pole ...
an i wuz completelee lost!
harharhar!
luv--jh

L. Alida said...

Good Monday Morning Daisy! I guessed Kitty paper column. Oops! :) Caterpillar makes much more sense.
I can't wait to see the butterflies!
I liked yesterday's comic! I have a feeling Mr. Shrill's Temptation Eyes will be in you tummy soon!
Thank You for making me smile!
Hugs to You and Pixie and Mommie,
Lorianna

Babs (Beetle) said...

That was hard. I didn't know what the middle one was. I thought it was cat + ground sheet + pedestal Ha ha!

Anonymous said...

I never get these right and this one one was hard! You are very good at coming up w/ these Daisy!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh we did not get it again. But that was a good puzzle Daisy!!!

Shaggy and Scout said...

We didn't get it. Thought the pillar was an urn. That doesn't work at all!

TRIPPER THE PSYKO STRAY CAT said...

I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT !!!! DUZ THIS MEEN THE CATTARPPILLERS ARE REDDY TO EET NOW?? I'M HUNGRY!

jenianddean said...

That was a tricky one, but I figured it out (with some help from my mom).

You are such a super smart little cat! You come up with the best posts!!!

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

We had no clue! We arenot good at those particular games and neither is Meowm!

LZ said...

That was very fun Daisy! We had it almost right.

Kaze

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Miss Daisy
I must confess I didn't know exactly what the second item was but I did get the cat and the pillar.......

Purrs
Abby

Black Cat said...

I had Tabby-Napkin-Pedestal, Cat-Serviette-Column and Tabby-Serviette-Column. Duhr! You are so clever Daisy! I would never in a sqillion years have guessed tarp for the middle one. The only tarps I've seen are usually huge black things over people's roofs, lol! :) xxx

P.S. Aren't you hot in that hood?

PB 'n J said...

That was a doosy Daisy - you had us stumped!

Tybalt said...

I was close, but I didn't quite get it! I think I need a thinking cap, Daisy.

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

You look very smart in your thinking cap.

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

hi daisy! that is very clever!

The Fitness Diva said...

OMG, I just read through all the comments and I'm laughing SO hard!!
I will definitely be back to try it again next Monday, Daisy! And to see if all your funny friends here can do better next time too! This is fun! ;)

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

that was a hard word puzzle. I guessed the first part 'cat', but guessed wrong using 'cover' and 'column'

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Daisy, this one stumped us only because we didn't think of pillar. It was a good puzzle! Fred's answer cracked us up, too as well as Tripper's comment! Hee hee!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Amber-Mae said...

Ha!!! I didn't look at the answer yet but I'm guessing it's = Caterpillar! I'm not so sure what the 2nd one is called actually but after looking at the cat & the pillar, caterpillar popped out of mah head! Okay, now I go look at the answer & see if I'm right or wrong. *cross paws*

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

LizzyT said...

Too hard for me but I love your thinking cap, that picture is so cute!

Unknown said...

Excellent puzzle, though at first we read "cat-sail-pillar."

Your pals,

Mica and Petey (It's Mica Monday so I get to go first!)

JD at I Do Things said...

Daisy, I am so terrible at these clever puzzles, but I LOVE the picture of you in your thinking cap!

JD at I Do Things

Clover said...

Caterpillar, caterpillar! I got it ! YAY!!
And I love your stripey hoodie!
Love Clover xo

Kellykat said...

Daisy, we love your hoody! You look so cute. Meowmy thinks that Scotchy would look good in one of those, where did you get it?

We thought we were doing pretty good with the puzzle but we didn't get it right. We was guessing cat+tarp+pole for catapolt. Ha ha ha! Guess we'll have to try harder next time.

-Stryder, Scotchy & Sugar

Sunny's Mommy said...

I was so close, but still wrong. Ack.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

We got tarp.
We need a thinking cap like yours!

~ The Bunch

Karen and Gerard said...

You got me on this one--too smart for me! I need a nice thinking cap like yours--beautiful!

Mr. Hendrix said...

that was lots of fun! it took a few minutes cause of the middle picture but finally my mommy got it. she kept going "column, cat column" until her coworker went by and said "piller" so it was a joint effort!

can you tell me where you got your pets from? mommy planted a butterfly garden, but because it is the first year, we haven't had any chrysalides yet. she wants to get from a reputable company.

those are very pretty pets!!

Mr. Echo said...

Yoo is so clever! Thinking about yur pets I see!

Kimo and Sabi said...

kitty+tarp=pillar = kittarpillar!

The Crew said...

No wonder Mom couldn't figure that one out. She doesn't have a cool thinking cap like yours!

Randi said...

Oh Daisy! I GOT IT!

I must have been the neato striped thinking cap/sweater/hoodie you had on...it helpedid me a lot!

Love & Licks,
Randi

Laura W said...

Darn! I guessed
Cattarppedestal!
Daisy your hat is to die for.
I wish we were neighbors because I would beg you to let me borrow that until you got so sick of me begging that you would just give it to me.

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh drats! We are not very good with these picture puzzles! We will have to try better next time! We love your thinking cap!! It must work well, your puzzles are very thought provoking!
Your FL furiends,

Nomi said...

Ahw.I couldn't do this puzzle. You must be furry clefer Daisy.

Motor Home Cats said...

That one was very hard. We thought the last one was a column, and we couldn't decide if the middle one was a tarp or a tent or a flap.

You are very clever.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

The Devil Dog said...

Mom thought the middle one was a shower curtain. ha ha

Roxy

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

ACK! We dint think of "pillar"!

Good one...

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Hi Daisy! We were confessed to being befuddled by the puzzle, but it was fun to think about it!

Tom just loved the "Honey" comment today. You are truly a sweet girl, Daisy!

Sen-Chan and Tom

Unknown said...

D'oh - I always get these puzzles wrong - they are too hard for
me : (

Brownie said...

Hahaha It wuz easy fur me!

caspersmom said...

Mom got stuck on the last picture. She kept calling it a pole and she knew it wasn't right but just couldn't come up with the right name. If she had we might have been able to guess it. Good puzzle.

Casper

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Ooo ... That was an EASY one, Miss Daisy!
DMM

Lux said...

That was a good puzzle. Unfortunately, I didn't get it until I peeked!

Ellen Whyte said...

We didn't get it :-( and are feeling very silly. Great puzzle! You are clever...

SophieKitty said...

Ugh! I thought really, really hard and I didn't get it. And you're growing butterflies! Sometimes, I'm not too bright.

Anonymous said...

"Hey" My mom got it guess I'll have to stop calling her a dummy...Not!!!

Asta said...

Daisy
I didn't have a thinking cap, and I think I had too many of my fwiend Lacie's smoofies at the pawty, I don't have a clue...you awe too smawt fow me
smoochie kisses
ASTA

TabbyNormal said...

Daisy,
That was very clever. I am glad it included a cat. All things should, of course!

Thanks for the well-wishings, too! I am doing better each day.

momsbusy said...

mommees gots it right!! she hads to really put on hers thinkin cap tho!

y2k

meemsnyc said...

Oh Daisy, we love your thinking cap! I think we need one because we got the puzzle wrong!

Beethoven said...

Hahah....that was a difficult one! I could only guess the cat part right!

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh.. that sure was a difficult puzzle for me Daisy..

~ Girl girl

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

We got it!!! We got it!!! I can't believe we actually got it!!!LOL...

Sushi said...

Got the 1st and last word together and I got it Daisy! Didn't know the word for that cloth, good I learned that here!

Dark n Stormy said...

clever puzzle!
looking cute (as always) Daisy!

Luka & Ezri said...

We thought the middle one was hammock and had lots of trouble figuring that one out.

Anonymous said...

Hey Daisy, nice hat. I've often asked people to describe their thinking caps. Mine is a propeller beanie.

Don't know if you noticed but I mentioned you in one of my blog posts for today. http://blog.feefifoto.com/2008/07/my-cupcakes-home.html

Anonymous said...

Daisy,
We couldn't figure it out. Our MamaCat thought it had something to do with putting a cat on a pedestal, which we think should be done anyway!
Very smart puzzle, Daisy! We bet you had your glasses on when you thought this one up!
Love, MamaCat & the FurryPurries
Ozzy, Alice, Bootsie, Freckles, Lola & Dandelo

Speedcat Hollydale said...

pee paper post sissors rock

moeoeww

Alex the Blogging Kat said...

I dunt getz it! [:-(

Mr Jingles said...

Now wasn't that clever! My mommy had to help me with this one. Even she had hard time!

Anonymous said...

LOL so neat! I had " Sleepy Tarp Pillar" and thought wtf? and gave up rather quick and looked then kicked myself!

What I REALLY love if your thinking cap little Miss, you look so adorable! :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh..the cat looks cozy in the clothes there.
:)

The Cat Realm said...

That was one awesome puzzle!!!! We gave up and cheated by looking, hahahahahahaha
Karl and Mrs. OZ

Silvia K. said...

The pictures of Daisy are so cute!

Anonymous said...

When I saw Daisy for the 1st time then she was not this much cute.She is looking georgious.

Anonymous said...

Where is the puzzle?But I love Daisy.How old she is right now?

i beati said...

None represents a thinking cap like Daisy !!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails