Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A PSA from Daisy about catnip

I do not really have a problem with catnip. I can stop at any time. Really. But I thought I would make this Public Service Announcement for any cats that might have a problem. This is what can happen to you!

Just say "No!"

Share/Bookmark

81 Notes for Daisy:

Felix, Garfield & Jawsy said...

:shiver: That is 1 bad kitty from the 'after' picture, Daisy! We wouldn't want to end up like a disgraced pop-star! Thank you for this seriously serious PSA, Daisy!
..... Just one more sniff?

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

HAHAHAHAHA~~~
Well....sometimes "after catnip" is more attractive!

Ramses said...

Oh Daisy you look as bad as Tigmut'hep does on catnip! ;) Maybe we will all take to catnip later as we are sad at our friend TT's crossing over the bridge today...

The Meezers or Billy said...

AHHHHHHHH. we akshually do like the tattoo though

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

If only Socks had read your PSA before he went rolling around in the catmint (aka catnip). ~Scylla & Charybdis

I can stay away from it really I can. Especially if Mum is out there with the hose. `Socks

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Daisy,
I'm with ya, sister! What with me havin' to go to rehab and the spare bedroom prison back in the winter...NIP addictions can only lead to a sad life.

Very truly yours,
Miss Elizabeth Taylor
The Whiskers and Purrs Gang

Haley H said...

Daisy, that's one bad kitty tattoo you got there. Remember, the buzz wears off, but the ink doesn't. :)

Anonymous said...

Tatoos are forever! How did you get rid of yours, Daisy? That spikey collar is a little bit scairty.

Anonymous said...

That did make me chuckle Daisy, but it could have been much worse, you could have had to sell your wig to by more catnip!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I don't have a problem with it ::sniff sniff,drool:: really I don't. I can stop any time I want,::sniff::
I quite like your tattoo, wonder if mum would notice if I got one ::sniff purrrrr:: Don't fancy the collar though. Gotta go, nip, I mean Eric's calling. No, I got no problem.
Flynn

mister jeter harris, hizself said...

wate ... iz datta tattoo?
i havta go back an look.
jh

Poppy Q said...

What a great warning poster. You sure look like a troubled teenager.

I love the tattoo.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll say no to catnip...LOL

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Mommy is literally rolling on the floor laughing!

Daisy.....oh Daisy.......

Mickey's Musings said...

What a good PSA!! It's important to 'nip' addictions in the bud ;)
Oooooooo!! Did I just say nip? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!
Purrs Mickey

Anonymous said...

Awwwww... Daisy, u r rocking always. Ur tattoo looks good btw.

Amber-Mae said...

Oh, THANK DOG I never take drugs! Thanks for the awareness Daisy. Did you have to go to rehab?

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

eastcoastlife said...

hahaha... love the wig and the tattoo!

Teddy Westlife said...

I think I am safe because I don't really like catnip. Ham doesn't have the same effect, does it?

Huffle Mawson

Honey P. Sunshine said...

yoo bad, daisy

Unknown said...

Daisy, I've been a recovering catnip addict for over 17 years now. I've seen it all - the drooling, the undignified rolling around, the dizziness.

Just step away from the catnip mouse, Daisy.

Your pal,

Mica (and Petey says "Hi! What's catnip?"

jenianddean said...

Mom and Dad went to see a play called Reefer Madness last week. Maybe you could star in Catnip Madness.

This is a good example of how a good cat could go bad...
--Jasper

Texas said...

Thank you for the PSA Daisy. Mom has thrown away all catnip for my safety.

Wait..WHAT? THROWN AWAY CATNIP?! OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!

Dma said...

what if i like the after photo better?

LZ said...

I'll try to remember this but its hard...nip is just so good!

Chase

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I think you still look ok after catnip. But good warning.
--JB

Daisy Deadhead said...

Great photos, very amusing, Daisy! :D

Anonymous said...

The first hit is free ...

Babs (Beetle) said...

But I like catnip! You do look like a bad, bad girl daisy, but we all know you're not.......well not all the time. Only when you eat Mr Shrill's eyes ;O)

Robyn and The (Mostly) Badass Cat said...

Whoa, that's some tattoo Nip-Daisy. But before Daisy is much nicer.

JD at I Do Things said...

Daisy: thank you so much for this PSA. I have shown it to Gus and made him promise that he will practice moderation. Prudence is still too young for catnip, but she is not too young to learn a valuable lesson.

JD at I Do Things

Shaggy and Scout said...

A reminder is always good!
You need to post your video again for all the newcomers to see. Thats very graphic too, but it could scare younger cats.

TabbyNormal said...

I don't want to listen to that PSA. I am gonna go get my catnip right now and rub it on my face, YAY!!!

Purrs,
Abby Normal

Jimmy Joe said...

That is a very good PSA, Daisy. I hope you just got a temporary tattoo.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

MYM said...

LOL

I have 3 cats and only one is a catnip hippy ... Moses. She loves to get stonned, man. And when she does ... she's STONED! The other 2 look at her with disdain.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Oh my.......

Quasi said...

Seriously, Daisy, you need to start avoiding the papparazzi.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Daisy

You have done a great service for those your might be tempted to try catnip...

purrs
Abby

The WriggleButts said...

I appreciate your effort to help the cat society, Daisy!

Bajas

Skeezix the Cat said...

Wood it be possibul to reemoove the "Before Catnip" and "After Catnip" sines so I can see yer tummy?

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

That funny! I will have to show this to Empress!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Um, none of us have a "problem" with nip...we use responsibly, thanks to mom stingyness! But really, yoo need to have someone to supervise da nip useage or you must say no.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow. Daisy, you need to stop dressing up for catnip.

Sweet Purrfections said...

Looks like it's time for CNA - Cat Nip Anonymous.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

did you get a tattoo honey??? oh how funny! great psa daisy!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

This is a very good PSA Daisy. I never knew catnip could lead to such horror - tattoos, spiked collars - oh my goodness!

I liked your guest post - those are all very good ideas for photographing us cats.

Sarge Charlie said...

Thank you so much for the PSA miss Daisy. You are a great American.

Copito said...

jajajaja you remember me Britney Spears


='·'=

Anonymous said...

hahaha....what a cute little funny pic...catnip suits you little daisy...

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Wow that sends a powerful message. I heard that catnip kills your brain cells and turns you into a DOG! I'll never, ever take catnip.

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

this is funny about catnips.

no no I thinks we has the exact same stroller, becauze I looked at picshurs of yours before I decided which one to tell Figaro to ask for on his birfday!

-veronica

The Fitness Diva said...

Too funny! Just say NO, Daisy!

PB 'n J said...

Uh oh Daisy - make sure you don't turn into Daisy Winehouse!

Anonymous said...

but... nice ink Daisy!

The Furry Kids said...

Just say no, Daisy. You've got a bit of the Daisy Winehouse thang going on. Please be careful.

We think we are going to have to watch Catnip Reefer Madness again.

Sunny's Mommy said...

My cats say catnip is gooooood, but in moderation. Too much can lead to bad things happening.

Sunny's Mommy said...

PS: That is a wicked cool tattoo!! Is that a temporary tattoo or will you have to hide it from your Mommie?

Leslie said...

Yes! C is for camel!! Thank you for playing. :)

A+++ to Daisy!

Cat Street Boyz said...

Oh Daisy, you are a very good sport to pose for that cat public announcement. I must admit it should work 'cause it gave me the chills. =^Y^=Tinker

Donna said...

Wow. I better be careful, Daisy.

MaoMao said...

hehehehe, how funny! Daisy, are you goin into Catnip Rehab? Maybe you and Dorydoo should go togethur!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Anonymous said...

Daisy you look so hot in the after photo that if I show my Little Vic he may eat you! :)

Spooky said...

Hmm, perhaps I should rethink my catnip use.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Thank you for the smile. Also for the kind words you have shared about Fatty and TT this last week.

Mommy Bean Laure

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

NO! I ... must ... have ... 'NIP! I don't care if I look like Britney Spears!!!
DMM

Mr. Echo said...

I think Temptayshuns do the same thing fur sum kitties. In fact I'm gonna start callin my sisfur Tenny Winehouse...

Colby and Cheddar said...

We red ur guest post ofur on the photography blog and we thought you had lots of good advice, especially about giving treats! Dat's important.

Plus, you are a very beeyootiful model cat, and dat helps.

We doubt you could ever take a bad pikshur, even after all dat catnip from the "after" pikshur. You are too pretty. But thank you for the PSA!

SophieKitty said...

You can certainly rock a tattoo!

Chrissie said...

NO,NO,NO,NO,NO! The morning after is Hard, hard, hard!

Spoony Quine said...

Nice tattoo!

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

I used to be addicted to nip, until I hit rock bottom. One night I found myself showing off my tummy to complete strangers in exchange for a couple of whiffs of nip. The very next day I checked myself into kitty rehab, and I've been clean for...two hours.

andrahyb said...

*Speechless*

... We didnt know catnips were so bad!!! *Eh-hem* Mom! No catnips to Daisy for Xmas please!! We still want you to be creative for Sunday comics!

Say NO!
RG

The Island Cats said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

meemsnyc said...

Hhahahahhaha Daisy thank you for that important message.

Karl and Ruis said...

Nice try. But let's put it like this:
My name is Karl and I am a nipper, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. Nope - won't give it up!
We are having a great time on safari!

Kimo and Sabi said...

Easier said than done!

Anonymous said...

The black & white.Means after picture is very cool.Thanks for the post.

Unknown said...

Come on, Daisy, that's what we all say. I feel the same way about potato chips, but still find myself cramming handfuls into my mouth, saying I can stop anytime.
Good luck...

peace,
mike
livelife365

Anonymous said...

Lol...Too Cute :)

Unknown said...

Oh my Daisy! I hope you really don't have a catnip problem.

Anonymous said...

That's just how my cat looks when i get him some special mices that he likes with plenty cat nip in them, ha, regards, mick..

Related Posts with Thumbnails