Friday, August 22, 2008

Fashion Friday: My Straw Hat

I have mentioned before that hats are very, very hard to wear. I am trying my best to model this summer-time straw hat, but it is a little bit too big for my little head. It has a very large brim to keep the sun off my face.
Here is my best pose!
Unlike my special friend Skeezix, who is a fashion icon, I do not know how to wear sunglasses. So I decided I would try my hardest to wear them on my hat in a very fashionable style. This made my hat so heavy I could barely hold my head up! See, my tongue is sticking out because I am concentrating so hard.
Next I decided to try wearing just the sunglasses on top of my head. It did not feel enjoyable, so I am not smiling very good.
Here I am taking a break after the photo shoot. Even while I am relaxing, I am giving those bad sunglasses a very, very hard look.
My fashion advice is that it is easier to wear small hats with chin-straps. Big hats are No Good.

Share/Bookmark

84 Notes for Daisy:

Poppy Q said...

Daisy I think that maybe beach wear is not your thing.

Good work though, you looked like you tried real hard in this weeks modelling job.

Did your mommy come home yet? Did you give her lots of smooches? Or just the bitey for leaving you.

Smooches.

Teddy Westlife said...

I will take your advice and never wear big hats. They are No Good!

Huffle Mawson

Motor Home Cats said...

Daisy, we think the top two photos are adorable. You look great in the sun hat.

We think you should leave the sun glasses to Skeezix tho.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Haha Daisy, we can see from your look that you don't like those sunglasses. You look cute in your hat though.

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Daisy,
It is very important that if you wear hats or sunglasses that it be very enjoyable. You made the right decision to take that ol' hat and them sunglasses off. You are a very wise girl.

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers and Purrs Gang

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I think that is very neat of you wearing that glasses.
That is very very difficult,
I tried it before, and failer all the time!!!
You look great in that hat!

Parker said...

Daisy, I think your future is bright you have to wear shades!
The only trouble is that it would hide your pretty face!

Anonymous said...

Daisy, we know how difficult it is for your little head to wear those great big hats! That is why it is all the more adorable! That second photo is priceless and we think worth all the trouble of the beach photo shoot! Mom's saving that one!! =)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Daisy, you look as pretty as Scarlett O'Hara at the Barbeque at Twelve Oaks! I declare, Miss Daisy!

Your pal,

Petey Butler

who wouda thunk it?? said...

Daisy, It looks like you are doing some Yoga, or maybe Pilates, in that last shot. Have you taken a new hobby? Will pilates help squishy tummy? cause I have it too!

Mickey's Musings said...

Oh,I like your hat Daisy :) It's important to not get sunburned !
I think you need special sunglasses for your dainty face ;) heehee
Maybe now you can whap the glasses off the table :)
Purrs Mickey

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Big hats be BANNED!

purrs Goldie

i beati said...

Thank you Daisy for that important fashion advice . I like the hat and glasses though

i beati said...

Your expressions are too much !!! hahahaha

Tigmut'hep said...

I understand this thing about big hats and promise to get Mummy to pose the photo of me trying really hard to wear one of D'boy's hats once! ;) Oh and I'm in a wonderful mood 'cause D'boy is home!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey daisy.. from whom you take advice when you go to shop a new hat for you?

Gaston said...

You look so adorable wearing the hat Daisy, i wish i could wear a hat too ^_^

Tesla and Hansel said...

I LOVE the straw hat!

Dma said...

big hats, no strap, no good. got it.

sunglasses are overrated. I prefer squinting.

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Daisy, we think you look beautiful in anything or nothing at all.

We missed you!!!!!

Come and visit!

Spooky said...

Daisy, you do look good in a hat, but I agree, that one's too big. I like the pretty ribbon on the hat. You do such a nice job with the modeling.

Paula said...

I'm mad at my sunglasses too -- they keep slipping down my nose. Ornery things. Love the second photo!

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Ugg I don't like big hat ether! Momma always trys to put her giant hats on me! I did like your best picture though!!

Samantha & Mom said...

Daisy, we will take your advice and only wear small hats with chin straps! We loved your photo shoot! You are such a great model!
Your (will we ever see sun again) FL furiends,

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

very good advice daisy! thank you for helping all of us with our fashion sense!

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

The Island Cats said...

Daisy...maybe you need a bigger head???

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

Anonymous said...

You look very elegant wearing your pretty straw hat Daisy :)

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

You looked lovely in the hat.

The sunglasses looked very uncomfortable, maybe you should give them the bitey.

~S, S & C

Babs (Beetle) said...

Ha ha ha! Oh Daisy, you look great whatever you wear, but I think heavy glasses are not good :O)

Purrs, Sukie x

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Daisy, your Mom needs to cut holes in the hat for your ears to poke through. I bet it would be easier to wear then. You look cute anyway!

Quasi said...

Daisy, I don't think you give yourself enough credit for your natural modeling talent -- you looked adorable even if those items were hard to wear.

The humans have read a lot about the recent rains in Florida and we're worried about you. Are you and your mommy and Pixie and Snail ok? We hope so.

Anonymous said...

That looks like really hard work modelling Daisy! But you did a very good job! And you were so cute! Jelly Bean doesn't like to model hats either...

BeadedTail said...

Daisy, you are a natural born model! You look adorable in your hat and shades!

Chrissie said...

I've never been much for hats, unless they're big enough to sit in, and then I may sit in one for a little while. I've never tried sunglasses, tho'. My mom's got several pair..I'll go check and see if they fit...

The Furry Kids said...

Those sunglasses look like trouble. Maybe some aviators? Or Ray Bans or something? Oh, and definitely lose the hat - your ears should be free!

Your pal,
Titus

The WriggleButts said...

There's really no reason to wear fashions that are not comfortable! Perhaps you can have your mommie buy a large hat instead and then you can put a soft blanket in it and use it as a bed! That should be the best possible use of a hat anyway..

Bajas

Diane G. said...

You always dress in the latest fashions. We admire your style.

Lucinda - Chicats

Kimo and Sabi said...

Our blurpy sisser does not like sunglasses either, but she looks good in hats - you look furry fashionable in that hat!

Marian said...

As always, Daisy, you look great! Taylor Catsssss said, "you look good in everything or nothing at all." Daisy, please don't go that route. The kittys that pose for PlayCat or CatHouse magazines always end up in flea bag hotels with nip addiction. We love you Daisy, don't do it!!!
:o) Thomas, Phoebe and Trixie

Lux said...

Oh, Daisy, that second picture is just the cutest!!! :)

Tybalt said...

But you still looked very cute in it, Daisy.

Shaggy and Scout said...

Maybe you could design your own line of cat hats.

Cat Street Boyz said...

You did a great modeling job as always Daisy....can you hear our paws clapping? Toy, " I like your last pose, I sit like that all the time...it always puts a big smile on mommies face."=^Y^=the Cat Street Boyz

Karen and Gerard said...

LOL! I loved your modeling pictures today! One was just funnier than the next! That hat does look very big for you, but very fasionable! You are a very good model, Daisy, to put up with that!

The Fitness Diva said...

Oh, boy! That looked like a difficult photo shoot right there, Daisy! I've never seen you having to take a break before!

Being a model just isn't easy on some days, is it? Everyone thinks it's just glamour, glamour, glamour 24-7!
They have no idea of how hard you really have to work! ;)

You pulled it off, though. Fabu as usual!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

You look so gorgeous and adorable in that hat and those specs! Like a real movie starlet! I'm star struck!

Milo xx

Anonymous said...

But you are super cute in that hat!

PB 'n J said...

Oh but Daisy, that straw hat was super cute! You made Mommy SQUEEEEE!

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

You look pretty cute in that hat, Daisy. We like it without the sunglasses.

Our foster Tuxie is at the hospital. He is diabetic. We will have more information after we pick him up.

~ The Bunch

Anonymous said...

"Oh" Daisy you were very good.
I don't like hats yet you look so sweet...Hugs Ariel

Asta said...

Daisy
Even though I agwee smallew hats awe bettew, that pictoowe of youw best pose is pwetty wondewful..I don't think you should weaw glasses..they don't look comfowtable at all..btw..that is a pawsome ballet stwetch you awe doing while welaxing
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Unknown said...

maybe head accessories are just not for beautiful kitty models?

Jans Funny Farm said...

Daisy, You're so petite. No wonder it's hard to wear a heavy hat or sunglasses.

We've updated our post. Four Paws's offer has been rejected - for good reason!

Sunny's Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunny's Mommy said...

That is excellent advice, Daisy. I think the best picture is the last one, where you're resting after the photoshoot. You worked very hard modeling that too big hat! And glasses.

Anonymous said...

Daisy I really like those sunglasses.
Are you staying safe and dry from the Storm named Fay?

The Furry Bambinos said...

Daisy, you were very brave to try to wear such a large hat on your tiny little head.

We have been wondering how the storm named Fay treated your area?

Padre, Panda Bear, and Meerkat

Daisy said...

That last shot looks like you are doing some yoga! (also the second one!)

Nice photos, as always! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Daisy,
You looked so purrrrty in that hat.
Love,
Harry

Mrs. Clemms said...

Oh Daisy, I love reading about you! And I just noticed I am signed in to moms account, but this is Gizmo btw.
http://gizmothetuxedokitty.blogspot.com/

Chaffee Street Cafe` said...

Daisy my dear girl,

Did your Mommie bring you the hat from Key West? You look so fashionable. So glad the storm is away from you. Brevard County really got the brunt of the storm. Nice weekend.

I love Fridays,

Bobby & Theresa111

Rosie & Cheeto said...

Daisy- That hat is not neerlie as kul as yer tiney hats that fit nicelie on yer head.

Oh, and we wure so eggsited that owr lady is following yoo on twitter. now we ask hur what yoo are doing ALL THE TIME!!!

Laura W said...

ooooo...you do sit up crunches just like me! (Sadie says to tell you that yours seem to be working. I say to Sadie: Ppffftt!)
I think you look like Daisy Bad As* in those sunglasses. I think the look totally works for you.
As Tim Gunn would say: Make it Work!

Mr. Echo said...

Big hats are only good for hiding under. Hope yoo stayed dry from the hurrykane. We had lotsa rain heer but it wuzzint a hurrykane. Mommy sez thanks for stopping by to check on her. The kitty blogs are helping her pass the time fast. She mite be home tomorrow!

Copito said...

"en el mar, la vida es más sabrosa, en el mar, todo es felicidad..."

That is a song: in the sea, life is so delicious, in the sea, everything is happyness...

='·'=

Anonymous said...

hehe Daisy it looks like you are going to turn on your lazer eyes to pew pew the sunglasses into oblivion.
You are very professional though, you tried :)

Sweet Purrfections said...

The second picture is a true model's pose. Tell mom to forget about the glasses.

happypitbull said...

LOL Daisy your last pose is so funny! You looked like you were doing Yoga stretches. My old dog Fel used to sit like that too.

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Daisy, our Momma is smiling so big at that last picture of you ... that is so cute how you are sitting there staring at the sunglasses!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Lorenza said...

Hi, Daisy!
You look adorable with your hat and sunglasses!
I like my dresses but I can't stand to have something on my head!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Bobby D. said...

you look smashing in that hat!

Forty Paws said...

We agree. Big hats no good.

Luf, Us

Anonymous said...

You just have to find the right designer; big hats were pretty good to Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman".

I like the Jedi attempt to manipulate the sunglasses with your mind ...

Max said...

Heh..looks like you want to treat the sunglasses to a toothy death!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

You look so good even when you hate hats like that. I am not personally a fan myself!

PurrPrints said...

love the 2nd pic--and the yoga-esque stretch for the glasses in the last pic :)

MYM said...

Wow...that last photo shows how flexible you are.

Now, you're not going to believe this, but that first photo ... you look just like a lady I work with, LOL. True! She's not as furry tho. And doesn't have whiskers.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I think you look great! You look like you are ready for the beach....uh, ok, minus the water.
--JB

Unknown said...

me like the last poicc of you stretching!! you is like olimpic gymnistz!!

Bogdan, the editor said...

We think you are still a very good model. Most models wouldn't put up with those bad sunglasses and hat for as long as you did!

Anonymous said...

Daisy , you look stunning!

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Be sure n give you Mawmee sum huggies...

Daisy, dat hat looked purrtee good on you evn ifns it was too big.

doze glasses haf to go fur sure!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails