Thursday, August 21, 2008

Taking food from the rat's mouth

This is one of my extra-special toys. Can you see what is on the inside? FOODS! When you roll the toy around, food comes right out of the rat's mouth. (I must say here that I have some very nice rat friends, and I like rats a lot).
I am thinking hard here. Is eating this food like stealing it right from the rat's mouth? Will the rat go hungry? Is it the same as eating BOMIT?! Should I have to work for my foods?
I am pretending not to notice the foods while I figure this out...
Nom, nom, nom, nom. This tastes delicious!
My new rule: eat first, think later.

ps: I think my Mommie will be getting back from Key West sometime today!
Share/Bookmark

83 Notes for Daisy:

Anonymous said...

I bet you can't wait to see your mommy. I hope she had a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

I bet you can't wait to see your mommy. I hope she had a wonderful time!

Poppy Q said...

What a great toy!! It looks like fun.

Girl Girl Hamster said...

YEah. I think you need to fill your tummy first before you think. :)

~ Girl girl

Teddy Westlife said...

I live by that rule too - eat first, think later. It is a very wise rule.

Huffle Mawson

Anonymous said...

We're glad your Mommie will be back today. We really are not happy when our Mom is gone. That toy looks like lots of fun!

p.s. We have Alfie featured at the end of our Story Game post today!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i would like to play with that toy if it had m&m's in it! har har

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxo

Dma said...

what a cool toy!

Parker said...

I think your new rule is a very good one!

Karen and Gerard said...

I thought that was just a dog toy. I got a free one and gave it to a friend of mine who has a dog. I didn't realize my cats would use it. Oh well, live and learn!

Anonymous said...

Cool Toy. I know you'll be happy to see Mommie...

CRIZ LAI said...

Hmmm.. I think I should get one of this instead of letting the brats turning everything in my house upside down.. haha

http://crizcats.blogspot.com/

p/s: I hope your Mommy will be back on time to give you some snuggles :)

The Florida Furkids said...

That looks like a cool toy. We hope your Mom comes back and snuggles with you. Our Mom isn't sure if she should go to Sanibel today since that icky Fay thingy is still sitting over our heads.

Sniffie and the (soggy) Florida Furkids

Unknown said...

Let's just say that you keep your snacks in a rat purse! How's that?

Your pal,

Petey

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

It's definitely not the same as eating bomit. I don't know how, but it's different.
Daisy, I've given you the Blogging Friends Forever award, for being a dedicated follower of my blog and a great friend! Come see my latest post for details.

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dear Daisy,
You really do have some innerestin' toys. We hope your mommy had a very safe trip and hope she gits back home to you real soon.

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers and Purrs Gang

Spooky said...

"Eat first, think later." That's a very good rule.

I know you'll be happy to have your Mommie back today!

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

We have one of those!! Mommy has not put foods in it for a while. Bad Mommy!

sourpuss said...

*gasp* Did you turn on the computer without mommie's permission?

i beati said...

Daisy Bitty Bopper and Mel;lo would love that toy - where can I buy one ??

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Daisy, that is a great toy you have there! Eating and playing, some of the things us kitties love best!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon
Pee ess ... tell your Mommie welcome home from us!

Castle said...

dearest Daisy, i hope you will be punishing your Meowmie for leaving you alone?

i have an award for you dear friend...x

Nomi said...

No thinking on an empty tummy ! It simply isn't possible. Even with a full tummy it can be a stwuggle.

Marian said...

Neat toy!! Make sure the rat has no kissing disease before taking food out of his mouth.
:o) Thomas, Phoebe and Trixie

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Great Rule Daisy,
I always eat first,
eating doesn't have to think that hard!

Earthypix said...

That is cool Daisy.My momma was looking at something similar yesterday,she sez if i'm good she will get me one at the weekend.As if I'm not good!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Hey Daisy Doodle!!!

Good job getting the food out of the rat's mouth. I don't think you will have to worry about that particular rat going hungry.

We hope your Mom does get back today. And we want to hear all about that drink she had for our Meowm.

Junior and Orion

Sarge Charlie said...

I am happy to see that you have a toy and it is not rat bomet.

The Fitness Diva said...

Eat first, think later can make you fat! Be careful with that philosophy! ;)

Unknown said...

oh how fun Daisy!!! you can pulay and eat at da same timez??

Babs (Beetle) said...

I think that's quite a good rule Daisy ;O)

Purrs, Sukie x

Shaggy and Scout said...

Eat first/think later is a good rule. Mom says it's kinda like the eat dessert first rule.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I hope your Momma is safe and dry from her return Daisy. I like your treat toy.

G.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

That's our #1 rule!

We bet you can't wait to see your mommy!

Laila and Minchie

Unknown said...

Yes! That rule is the ultimate favorite of ours.

By the way, that toy is really neat looking.

Anonymous said...

That's a cool toy.Glad to here your mommy coming home I know you miss her...Hugs Ariel

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We'z glad yoor mommy is coming home soon, bet she missed yoo lots. We think it is okay to eat dat food, dat is a drawing and not a real rat. Food is good...

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

I like your food toy! We had some of those ... but.. I kinda broke one. :( Momma doesn't know how I did it. I guess I don't know the strength of my own whap! ~Queen Snickers

LZ said...

I do not think its stealing if the rat is offering them to you.

Latte

Haley H said...

I hope your mommy had a great time in Key West and gives you lots of cuddles when she gets back. Maybe some extra stinky treats for the treat ball, too. :)

Jans Funny Farm said...

How is the weather where you are? Did you get hit with the storm?

You'll be glad to see your mom home.

Motor Home Cats said...

That looks like a fun toy to play with, but since we only get canned food, we don't think it would work for us very well.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Anonymous said...

You made the right decision, Daisy. There is no time for deep ethical questions when food is around!

Black Cat said...

Don't worry Daisy, he is a virtual rat so he won't starve! Hope your Mommee had a good time and gets home safely:) xxx

jenianddean said...

I think eat first, think later is a great idea. Besides, the rat wouldn't give it to you if it wasn't trying to share.
--Jasper

Willow said...

Daisy, that is a very good rule and I will follow it! Your ratball does look like fun!

China Cat & I are purring for all of your Florida kitties and your families. We hope that Ol' Fay will go away and leave you alone!

I'm glad your mommie is coming back from Key West. I'm sure that you are missing her.

Purrrrrrrs, Willow

L. Alida said...

Hi dear Daisy! I hope you're not getting too waterlogged down there! I worry about you whenever I watch the weather channel.
I never think too much about the calories when I eat my favorite chocolate cake either. ;)
I am in catch up mode on my blog visiting. It's been too busy for me lately!
I hope your Mommie arrives home safe and sound. You and Pixie will be so happy to see her and I know she missed you too!
Hugs and Smoochies,
Lorianna

Tybalt said...

YAY! Your Mommie is coming home!

Titus said...

You should not have to work for your food, Daisy. Though rat bomit sounds a tad bit tasty...

Titus

Purrageous Pirates said...

We like your rule - we agree 9and would also add) that one should always eat first, then sleep, then think!!

Daisy Deadhead said...

Just adorable. I love the rat toy, off to find one.

Eduardo said...

I know your excited to see your Mommy! I don't think that rat minds you taking that food from him! If he did he would say something, BOL!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Sunny's Mommy said...

Or maybe just eat and don't think :-)

Chaffee Street Cafe` said...

You are a clever girl to figure out how to get the surprises from the rat. Good num-nums for you. I saw scary photographs of the flooding and Merritt Island, which was a few miles from where Aunt melody's time share is, in Indian Harbour, Fl. Please stay safe. Perhaps it's time to move north? Or to higher ground. That's what my Mommy and Daddy are considering. High up on top of solid rocks. Hope your Mommie is home safe and sound any minute now.

Love, Bobby

BeadedTail said...

I bet your Mommie will be as glad to see you as you will be to see her!

Your rat toy is pretty neat! Have you got your undies yet?

Forty Paws said...

You're very silly.

Luf, Us

Sweet Purrfections said...

Oh, I hope your mommy has a safe trip back from the Keys and Fay doesn't cause her any problems.

I agree - eat first, think later.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Yup, eating is more important than thinking. That's a cute rat.

Skeezix the Cat said...

Nom nom nom! I wood love eeting frum a pink rat's mowth. And I don't mind eeting bomits anyway, so I woodn't have to think abowt it!

Anonymous said...

nice looking pictures...and great toy i think...lol...lots of fun...thanks for sharing this..keep posting.

Samantha & Mom said...

Huummmmm! What a choice eat or think, think or eat! Eat sounds best! Thinking is to hard! So glad you Mommy will be back to give you snuggles!
Your( Fay Fay GO Away) FL furiends,

Chrissie said...

It's always right to eat first and think later. And I'm so waaaay grossed out by the thought of "BOMIT"! I hope your mommie is not too wet from spending time in the Keys after Fay has visited. She drops a lot of water wherever she goes!

CRIZ LAI said...

Psss... Just checking here to ensure that TS Fay didn't bully you all over there. We are also facing some real bad weather here with threat of getting certain areas flooded. The rain just never stop :(

http://crizcats.blogspot.com/

Lux said...

Oh, excellent rule, Daisy. That's a funny rat's mouth!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Ooo ... I like your pink rat toy. He looks fun ... especially since he's full of delicious foods.
DMM

SophieKitty said...

It's important to eat before thinking. It makes you think better!

The Devil Dog said...

Did your mom get stuck in the storm? We hope everything is all right where you are.

Roxy & Lucky

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

What a great toy Daisy!

Lorenza said...

Hi, Daisy!
Don't think about those things!
Just take the treats and enjoy them!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

meemsnyc said...

Wow Daisy, what a neat toy!!

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Hi Daisy! Thank you for the birthday wishes last week.

We hope that you didn't get TOO much rain where you live, but we do know that you had been suffering from a drought.

I don't know if I'd like a rat touching my temptations!

Welcome back to your mommie.

~Bathsheba

Karen Jo said...

It isn't a real rat, Daisy, so you don't have to worry about it going hungry and it definitely doesn't bomit. Just eat your tasty foods and think later, like your rule says.

The Cat Realm said...

I Dare You!
Yes, it is time again for another challenge from The Cat Realm! Come and check out the details on our blog.
I hope you will accept the challenge and will eagerly await your entry!
Karl

gemmak said...

What a fabulous toy, I think it's best you don't waste too much time thinking and just get on with nom-ing! That's the important bit after all ;o)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh.........
How funny thing this is! cat can get toys but many child of the world couldnt get food for their live lid. funny huh.,

Anonymous said...

What a great food machine!

Tesla and Hansel said...

OH MY where did your mommeh get that toy! i love eating and playing so that would be great!

Daisy you always have the best things!

happypitbull said...

That's funny, my sis has the same toy for her cat, but the hole is not on the rat's mouth. I always thought the picture was supposed to make the you think about eating mice when you're really eating cat food--not to look like the mouse is spitting out treats. I wonder which way it is supposed to be? Well anyway it looks like you enjoy it more than my sis's cat does!

Anonymous said...

hello daisy its dennis the vizsla dog hay wen yoo ar dun with the rat can i hav it i hav ben luking for a pet rat for a long time i wil hug it and kiss it and naym it george ok bye

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

dats a furry goods rule when it cums to foodies in balls...

Just Eat Em!

=^..^=

Lisa said...

Dear Daisy, be careful with that toy. If it only has one hole, your tongue could get stuck and a vacuum effect could happen. I saw another dog blogger post a horrible accident with a dog and a rubber ball toy and the dog's tongue had to be amputated. Horrible!!

Anonymous said...

lol..nice concept for a ball for Daisy :)

duo_disaster said...

No food = No energy to think!
So be comforted and eat first!

I bet your Mum came home happy from Key West!

Related Posts with Thumbnails