Friday, September 19, 2008

Meow Like a Pirate Day

Today is Talk Like a Pirate Day, or for cats, Meow Like a Pirate Day. This will be fun, because pirates have cute outfits. Meet Admiral Daisy Crusty-Cat, the flashiest pirate that ever walked the plank this side of the Atlantic Ocean, and her deck-hand, Swabbie Maisy Short-Nose, the meanest buccaneer that ever sailed in the Spanish Main.

Admiral: Swabbie Maisy, anchors aweigh! We are headed for a dangerous voyage with a priceless reward. We are headed out for some grub!
Swabbie: Aye-Aye, Admiral! Where does a pirate eat, anyway?
Admiral: Long John Silver's! Hohohohoho! And do you know what kind of cookies we have for dessert?
Swabbie: Ships Ahoy cookies? Aaaaarrgggh!
Admiral: How could we afford this fancy sailing vessel?
Swabbie: Because it was on SAIL! Yohoho!
I'm off to the Poop Deck!
Share/Bookmark

110 Notes for Daisy:

Felix, Garfield & Jawsy said...

Aye, Admiral! YO ho ho and a bottle of rum and a bag of temptations, pretty lass!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Yohoho!
Yohoho!
Swabbie you are so cool~!!!!!
Admiral I am hungry now, too~!

bluecrystaldude said...

Lovely! Admiral is so cute~

gemmak said...

Jack Sparrow has nothing one you Daisy....very swashbuckling you look :o)

Anonymous said...

Harrrr, Harrrr, Harrrr, Admiral and Swabbie! We love Ships Ahoys!

The Meezers or Billy said...

AHOY Captain Crusty and Swabbie!! you both be mighty good looking!

Poppy Q said...

Daisy you are a purrfect pirate.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Ahoy there Capn Daisy Crusty Cat and Swabbie Maisie, yer a fine pair o' wenches. You'd be welcome to join us as we sail the seven seas arrrrr.

eastcoastlife said...

I love your pirate outfit! I want to have one costume made too. :)

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS Miaa Daisy.. just WOW... hahah I can't wait till dadda checks this tonight.. he will be in stitches!! heheh
There is no need to be looking for treasure Miss Daisy coz you are it!!

Parker said...

Admiral Daisy and Swabbie Maisy should get their own comedy show!

Us4 Cats said...

Yay! You did great. Those photos are priceless.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Yar, Daisy! All yer pirate outfits look fabulous! You be a mighty fine looking pirate!

Teddy Westlife said...

You must be the best looking pirate in the UNIVERSE! My dad laughed and laughed at the poop deck comment.

Huffle Mawson

Ramses said...

Ahoy me hearty, you do make a bonny looking buccaneer young Daisy! ;)

Babs (Beetle) said...

Me wonders "What's on the poop deck me mateys! har harrr" ;O)

Purrs, Sukie,

P.S. That made MB laugh. It helped cheer her up. She has not been happy this morning.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Be careful out there on the high seas, fair lass!!

The Florida Furkids said...

Aye Capn Daisy Crusty Cat and Swabbie Maisie! Aye, you're a beautiful pirate lady Gar. Ahoy, we spend a lot o' time on the poop deck
Gar.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Unknown said...

Lovin these mates, have a happy sail!

Cupcake said...

Ooh! Here's one: What's a pirate's favorite letter? Arghhhhhhhhhh.

Geddit?

Lidian said...

You are the cutest pirate)s) we ever did see - meow ho ho!

Anonymous said...

Daisy: how much does a pirate pay to have her ears pierced?

A buck an ear!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Well, Daisy, you've done it again! Great scenario, great costumes, great acting! You make the world of pirates proud!

Sen-Chan and Tom

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

One of the best stories I've ever read! Great outfits, too!!

~ Napoleon

Mickey's Musings said...

Ahoy Admiral Daisy Crusty-Cat and Swabbie!!!
Smart pirates to get your treasures on sail ;) Har,har,har!!!!!
HUntin'for fine grub is the mission for today! Come join our celebrations when we have plundered our bounty!!!
ARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Pirate Mick the Sword Test Dummy

Smugglin' Shakira Hawkins

Pegleg Bessie Backstabber

The Fitness Diva said...

Ohhhh, that's a nice one, Daisy!
You are looking sharp! Arrrrr!!

zevo hussein calamari said...

arrrr arrrr arrrrr Miss Daisy you are the most fashionable pirate wench we have ever seen!

arrrr
yo ho yo ho

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Ohhhh, Daisy you are the cutest pirate. We love your outfit. ~S,S & C

The Furry Kids said...

Hee hee! You guys are super cute! Mama's wondering if Swabbie's shirt comes in grown up sizes. hee hee

Love,
Tazo

Anonymous said...

awww, Daisy, that is cute! You amde me smile. Thanks!!!

Dma said...

u make a convincing pirate. some day i'm gonna get thompson a pirate outfit complete with eye patch and a peg leg. i'm sure he'll get a kick out of that.

Linda S said...

Little Ding was a little scared of pirates! But I thought that was funny!

Findlay Furs said...

You shiver me whiskers with yer blog!
arr, Luke

Quill and Greyson said...

Yo ho ho Matey! You look great as a Pirate from, Captain Moocharella on the Sea of Temptations

JD at I Do Things said...

I love Swabbie's outfit (the Admiral looks quite smashing as well). Swabbie, how do you keep your do-rag on your tiny round head?!

JD at I Do Things

Rosemary B❤️ said...

hahahahahahahahaha
you made me laugh today Daisy

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Avast matey...off we sail to plunder and purge for more ships ahoy....

purrs
Abby

Jimmy Joe said...

Harr, Daisy, ye be a fine joke-tellin' Admiral indeed. Swash those buckles today, ye savvy?
Yer buddy, Grog-Master Jim

ZOOLATRY said...

Pirate Puns!
Love 'em all...

jenianddean said...

Oh Daisy and your pirate puns ... you are as funny as you are cute!
--Jasper

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

ah ha ha ha, good ones daisy! and the little bustier is really cute. i bet skeez drops over in a faint!
har har

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

We will sail on your ship anyday Admiral!!!!

Maggie May said...

Daisy, you are certainly the best dressed Admiral we have ever seen!
Purrs,
Maggie May

Mini said...

Daisy you look purrfect! :)

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yar, Admiral Daisy and Swabbie Maisy...yoor adorable! Dad sed no pooping on da deck! Yohoho and a bottle of niptini, we be glad to see Admiral Daisy out on da seas today.

PB 'n J said...

Three cheers and a bottle of rum for Admiral Daisy and Swabbie Maisy! Mommy is laughing and laughing - you two have the best "Meow Like a Pirate Day" yet!

Liss said...

That was great! Love the show.

Anonymous said...

Daisy, you get my vote for most talented cat, performing two roles at once! You're certainly a great actress. I love the costumes and jokes!!

Chrissie said...

Aaargh, me pretty lassie! I'll throw ye over me shoulder and lock ye in the grog room ta keep ya safe from the brigands on the sea! Oh, aye, and it'll keep ye to meself! AAAArrrrgh!

Shaggy and Scout said...

What a great fully staffed all-female ship you have running there Daisy!!!!!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We can't stop laughing over here! You are the cutest and funniest Pirate ever!

Yo ho ho and a bottle of nip!

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello pirate daisy its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow yoo ar a master ... uhhhh a mistress of disgize and obviusly kwite a swashbukler perhaps yoo shud joyn in the fite aginst the ninja hedjhogs too!!!! ok bye

Sarge Charlie said...

"Miss Daisy, you be stunnin' in your pirate outfit, now lets go out and find t' treaaye......"

Tesla and Hansel said...

Daisy yooo makes best pirates. :) How iz yoo an yoor mommeh? We sending purrayers an huggies just fur yoo

The Devil Dog said...

That was great Daisy, that was so much fun! What great outfits and characters you are!

Roxy & Lucky

Gemini and Ichiro said...

You are indeed the best dressed pirate ever!

LZ said...

Can I join yar crew? I think an all girl crew would make out well.

Kaze

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Daisy!
You are the cutest one girl pirate ship admiral and crew I've ever seen!
Shilgiah's mom.

Tybalt said...

That do be a fine lookin' crew!

Isis said...

Daisy, you are such a beautiful pirate! my favorite is the rag on the head one!

Mr. Hendrix said...

Ahoy Admiral e Swabbie! yer good lookin pirates if we ever seen em.

lets go plunder a PetSmart e get some Tempations

Mr. Echo said...

Deerest Daisy and famly,

I am so sorry I have not bin able to come by and tell yoo how sad we are about Pixie's passing. I know yoo must still be hurtin and lonely without her. She had a terrific life and is now rewardid with a hellthee curly body at the Bridge. I hope my sisfurs in memry git a chance to play with her. Thare is so much on yur blog I haff missed but I look forward to catching up on it all. But first I had to tell yoo how bad I feel for yoo.

Many purrs and hedbutts,
Echo and Tenny and Mommy

Pee Ess: You are a lovely pirate!

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Aye Matey! Yee looks like a good captain!

i beati said...

Today is my birthday I just knew you'd make me smile for my birthday

Gaston is back! muahahahaha said...

Thank you Daisy for your best wishes! Yesterday I had a blast celebrating my b-day!
You are a beautiful Admiral dear Daisy ^_^
Happy puuuursss...

Kimo and Sabi said...

Arrrrrrg! Yer a fine bunch 'o pirate wenches - hand over yer booty thar!

Anonymous said...

Ahoy Daisy Crusty Admiral of the Seven Seas! I hope you get lots of shiny treasures during your journey! :)
purrs

The Island Cats said...

Arrrrrr! Yer a fine looking pirate lass! Now go fetch us some grog or else you'll walk the plank! ARRRRRRR!

Happy Pirate Day!

Mad Redbeard Wally & Black Neck Snapper Ernie

Unknown said...

The mom's laughin so hard, she couldnt type whatdid we said!

Unknown said...

Oh Daisy, I just knew you would have a fancy pirate outfit for today, but I wasn't expecting TWO! Both are very pretty!

Purrageous Pirates said...

Me'ARRRR that be a mighty fine getup on a very lovely lass!!

Poppy said...

The poop deck is my favorite part of the boat!

Poppy

Black Cat said...

Aaaaaarrrrrggghh you make two spiffin' pirate wenches Daisy. Great, funny post me deario. Yo ho hi and a bottle of niptin-i (oh dear...) :) xxx

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

dose are GREAT costumes, daisy!

it is okay to be scairt! You help lots of humins smile when they sees your webiste :) at least, my mombean is always watching over my ears and whiskers when I check out your bloggy!

fanks!

Figaro

Anonymous said...

Those are the most adorable outfits! We totally forgot how to talk like a pirate from the cuteness of it all.

Anonymous said...

You can scrub my poop deck anytime Swabbie! Ship Ahoy! You're a very pretty pirate!

Marilyn said...

Those are great outfits and funny jokes.

Jans Funny Farm said...

We hope you made it to the poop deck in time, Daisy.

You look adorable as an admiral. And cute as a button as a swabbie. Great outfits.

We couldn't think of anything. sign

Anonymous said...

Oh mai! Swabbie, I would like to be a part of your crew! You don't seem too mean.... I think my mommy would approve. I never had Long John Silver's. My mommy said her mommy and daddy said my vet said I can't eat people food. You are a lucky cat, Swabbie!

Anonymous said...

Lol...Daisy your the cutest pirate I've ever seen...Hugs Ariel

sourpuss said...

OMG, this was hilarious & adorable and I can't stop looking at the pictures. Those outfits are so cute and you wear them so well, Daisy!

Do you ever kick up a fuss or flat-out refuse to wear something? Or are you game for anything? You make it look so easy and fun!

MaoMao said...

hehe, Daisy! You are an adorabble pirate! I hope you get lots and lots and lots of goodie grub!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful costume!

Aye Aye!

(thanks so much for the comments on my blog ;) I appreciate you)

Fat Eric said...

Arrrr! Ye be fine pirates indeed, maties! Avast to ye!

Spooky said...

Hahahaha! You're so funny, and you look great!

Donna said...

Hopefully the poop deck has a litter box.

Daisy Deadhead said...

The second photo is among your best...don't think you enjoyed the eye-patch too much, huh?

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Harr!! Arr!! Hohoho! canz I mixez my petit-fourz? You are da bomb Miss daisy Pirate Princess... & playin' all da partsez in da play. Too cool. Happy Pirates Day to you Lassie!

Skeezix the Cat said...

ARRRRGGHHHH! Did I furgit to leeve a messije this morning matey? Prepare to be boarded: I'm coming over!

Chat Blanc said...

Oh my! You are absolutely adorable as a pirate! All those looks are fabulous. You made me smile BIG. :D

Lorenza said...

Hi, Daisy!
You are a beautiful pirate! Arrrr!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Bogdan, the editor said...

Arrrrrrhahahaha. You said POOP.

BeadedTail said...

Admiral Daisy Crusty-Cat and Swabbie Maisy Short-Nose, you are the absolutely cutest pirates I have ever seen! Thanks for making me chuckle today!

Willow said...

Arr, what fine pirates ye be, both the Admiral and the Swabbie and full of jokes ye be! Let's set sail for Temptations and Ham!

Purrrs, Calico Bess Rack-ham aka Willow

Spike William and Angels China Cat and Willow said...

Avast, what a fine pirate ye be on this glorious day! Let's set sail for Temptations and Ham!

Purrrs, Mad Charity Bonney aka China Cat

Southbaygirl said...

Daisy, You always have such wonderful outfits. We think we like your pirate ones the best!!

Thanks for such kind words! We hope you and your mommy are beginning to smile and feel better! We are still thinking of you!

Kodak, Winton, 3 Perf, Blossom and mom

Tiger Lily said...

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Love ye both Daisy 'n Maisy!!

Alex the Blogging Kat said...

U lookz nice, Daisy. But why dun kitty katz wantz to be yucky pir-atez? I dunt unnerstan! OK?

Samantha & Mom said...

(hehehehehehehe) Yohoho and a bottle of rum!! Admiral we be ready to sail the se'ven sees with ye and yer crew!!Garrrrrrr!
Your FL furiends,

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

I think your adorable outfits are going to start a trend of pirate chic. Love the jokes too!

Anonymous said...

I showed my friend your site, and she said "Raise yer grog t' th' cats! They be fair swabbies an' worthy o' th' name pirate! " Grog for us all!

Amber-Mae said...

Ahoy! Ahoy! Speakin' like a pirate is kinda kool! Yer' look kool with your pirate clothes on. Happy speakin' like a...ooops! I mean, Meowin' like a pirate Daisy!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Sushi said...

Hey Daisy ,what a coincidence! I was thinking of getting my self a pirate Halloween costume this year. Mama found one on sale but still hasn't bought it. I hope I'll look as cool as you. Happy weekend!

meemsnyc said...

Hehehe, what fancy pirate outfits. LOVE LOVE it!! A hoy matie!

Lux said...

You're making us smile, Daisy - so cute!

Unknown said...

Shiver me timbers...whatever that means...


peace,
mike
livelife365

Anonymous said...

Yay! You did great. Those photos are priceless.

Skeezix the Cat said...

ARRRGGH! I can see yer tummy good in that last shot!!!!

Unknown said...

Aye Matey! Very funny!

TheSlyCat said...

OH no, we missed Meow like a Pirate day!!!! We were busy trying to get internet working with our new cable company. Have a great day anyway!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails