Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday Mystery: What is the substance?

For today's Monday Mystery, you must guess what this stuff is! Do you know? I think it looks like something a little bit yucky.

*
*
*
*
*

Do you give up? Okay, I will show another photo...


*
*
*
*
*

Now do you know? It IS something yucky! It's some papaya. You are not supposed to eat the seeds. Even though they look like fish eggs.
I am studying the papaya a little bit. Just in case I want to taste it...
Nope. It is not delicious. I will not take even a single bite. If I give the papaya a hard look, maybe it will go away.
Did you guess correctly?
Share/Bookmark

105 Notes for Daisy:

Katiez Furry Mewz said...

Mawmee lieks Papaya... but dohz seeds looks furry weerd.

Tootsie roll pops gots a new flavor - Pomegranate! Wunder wat dehr seeds looks like.

We gotted you too fings on our bloggie fur today. Ones an award n da ovfur is a messaj bout Pixie.

Luv,
Daisy May n Bootsie Woo.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

No, we didn't get this one, Daisy, but maybe it's because, like you, we're not papaya fans!

Sen-Chan and Tom

Poppy Q said...

I thought it would be baby snails, not some stinky fruit.

Have a nice week you smart cookie.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Yes, I guess it correct~!
Michico and my granddaddy love the papaya the most~!!! Although it's also good for cats as well, but I don't wanna try it either~!!!

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Dearest Daisy,
Ewwwww...it looks very stinky and nasty! We think you should keep givin' it hard looks to make it go away forever and ever.

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers and Purrs Gang

Felix, Garfield & Jawsy said...

Papayas are nasty, Daisy! The seeds look worse! It should stay as a mystery, neva to be uncovered! :O

We3Katz said...

We thot they were seedz but we didn't no they were papaya seedz. We don't blame u fur not eatin them!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Yuk we don't like the look of that. We thought it was fishy eggs.

Anonymous said...

Rats. We thought it was fish eggs, too. We are not very good guessers today, Daisy.

Girl Girl Hamster said...

It sure looks like eggs. Are papaya not tasty?

~ Girl girl

Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

haha....at first look, I though its frog eggs or something.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

No, we got hung up on them looking like fish eggs.

Mommy likes papaya but she has never bought a whole one, we didn't know it had seeds like that.~S,S & C

The Florida Furkids said...

Add us to effury other cat who thought it was fish eggs!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

gemmak said...

Awww Daisy, and I thought for a moment mommy was treating you to caviar! Maybe you could ask for some very nicely and you could see if you like that as the papaya wasn't nice stuff? ;o)

Teddy Westlife said...

I did guess but I gave the papaya a hard look too. It's nasty!

Huffle Mawson

Forever Foster said...

We thought it was fish eggs too! You got lots of kitties today, Daisy! :)

Our mummy likes papaya, but my daddy scrunches his face up like we do!
Love Fui and Suey.

Parker said...

I did! I did!

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Hmmm....we don't blame you Daisy....we would really rather have tuna!

Sunny's Mommy said...

No. I thought it was tadpoles. Hahaha!

Tigmut'hep said...

I like sweetcorn and peas and lotsa 'nip, but you can keep your papaya Daisy! :)

Purrs,
Tigmut'hep

The Meezers or Billy said...

nope we thoughted it was fish eggs!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Nope - I was saying some type of fish eggs. They do look yechy!

Anonymous said...

I would have jumped on the fish egg theory. That is gross looking, but Papaya is so good!

Chrissie said...

No, I didn't guess right. I guessed they were turtle eggs or snail eggs or somethin' like that. Whoda thunk? I do not like papaya, either.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

quick daisy, get away from it! it suks! papaya is just nasty. tell your mommie cause she is totally touching it! ewwww.....

smiles, auntie bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Sarge Charlie said...

we do not like that yuckey stuff, don't taste it daisy, you will have to make a bad face if you do.

Anonymous said...

You gotz Momma and I Daisy!! We thoughts they were tadpole eggs!
hehe tricky little dicky isn't you??? ;)

Pes: I would not eat it either and I like to eat! ;)

V-V

i beati said...

I was guessing some sort of dried fruit that was soaking - maybe white cranberies duh !!Daisy your hard look makes me laugh a lot !!

Babs (Beetle) said...

I didn't guess. I have never seen a Papaya before, that's probably why.

I would have given it the same hard look Daisy, even though I eat most things

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Snail eggs?

Mickey's Musings said...

That was a hard mystery :)
I do not think I have seen that before,I'll have to ask Mom. I generally do not like fruit, so I do not pay attention ;)
Purrs Mickey

Rosie & Cheeto said...

Ewwwww, stare harder. Stare Harder!!!

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

No! We didn't guess any where close!
We have never seen papaya, but would give it a hard look, too.

~ The Bunch

Dma said...

I love papaya. I will agree it does look kind of scary though.

dennis said...

Dennis is not into fruit. Dennis even tried to eat some banana after little Pixie went away.

Dennis thought it was some kind of fish eggs at first.

Shaggy and Scout said...

We guessed that is was fish eggs, we've never seen papaya.
Mom says when she was little, she would have loved to glare at veggies on her plate and make them go away!!!

The Oceanside Animals said...

They look like little tiny brains! Mmmm, brains .....

Some papaya are good and some smell like feet. I'm not sure how to tell the difference before purchasing one and so I'm not allowed to pick them out anymore.

Sarah Coggins said...

Those seeds are creepy looking!

Liss said...

I was wrong I thought maybe you got a pet fish.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That looks very, umm, interesting, Daisy. We've never tried Papaya.

Shilgiah the Cat said...

That was a good mystery, I thought it was fish eggs but then you said not.

That look on your face should have made the icky papaya disappear!

The Island Cats said...

Nope, Daisy...until you told us, we didn't have a clue cuz we never seen papaya before. And based on your review, we don't want to see any...

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

L. Alida said...

Eeew! Papaya seeds do look gross close up! The fruit is very good for you though.
I hope you have a marvelous Monday Daisy!
Hugs and Smoochies,
Lorianna

Eduardo said...

I thought it was fish eggs! Mommy loves dried papaya!
Hugs & Snugs
Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

The Devil Dog said...

No, mom did not guess correctly. Sheesh! And we thought she was smart. I am not sure if I would like papaya. I will have to have mom buy some and see.

Roxy

LZ said...

The Lap Lady agrees with you Daisy, she doesn't like that fruit at all.

Kaze

Boy said...

I almost guessed cowwectwy! I guessed it was something to eat but I couldn't tell it was papaya. I used to wike papaya when I was a tiny kitty, smawwer than That Thing is now. But after a while I gwew out of it and now I don't touch papayas.

Lidian said...

Daisy, we did not know what that was! Those are weird seeds...It is good to look and not eat if you are a kitty.

love from Asha & Katia

Tybalt said...

You are right, Daisy. The seeds look just like caviar!

Athena said...

I thought it was capers! Never had fresh papaya...I think I'll take your word on this one!

Tristan Tabby Cat Longtail said...

I can eat some pretty gross things, but I would NOT eat that.

JD at I Do Things said...

Daisy: I don't like papaya either. To me, it tastes like vomit. Sorry to be so indelicate.

I guessed fish eggs/caviar!

JD at I Do Things

Forty Paws said...

Those look weird up close.

Luf, Us

The Fitness Diva said...

I was thinking fish eyes, myself, for a minute! Way wrong! lol

Yeah, papaya can be somewhat of an acquired taste, Daisy. I really don't think you'll be liking it!

Great for the digestion in humans, though! Hey, maybe I need to do a post about papaya! Great idea, Daisy! :)

Anonymous said...

We thought they were little rocks for a fish tank.

zevo hussein calamari said...

eeeewwwwwwwwww

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Nope, we thawt dey was fish or aligator eggs. Wait, papaya is not deelishus? Den why would our mom eat it.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Nope, we didn't guess correctly! We didn't even BEGIN to know what to guess. Papaya looks interesting!

Junior and Orion

Us4 Cats said...

Oh no!!!! run, it is scary foods.

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We thought they were baby tadpoles. Boy, were we wrong!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We thought it was tiny little sea shells...nope we didn't guess right at all...

purrs
Abby
Pee Sss
You're right to stay far far away from it Daisy, it doesn't look very tempting.

Team Tabby said...

Nah, we didn't get it right. We've never seen it either.

Mindy & Moe

Black Cat said...

I thought it was raisins or sultanas after soaking, bleh! Hate those! Then I thought frogspawn - but no, doesn't look quite right! Then I thought... I give up! I've had fresh papaya but don't remember the seeds. Don't think I liked the fruit much, but as I can't really remember maybe I was kinda 50/50:) xxx

Unknown said...

I did not guess correctly Daisy. I thought it was Capers at first! Haha!

jenianddean said...

I guess papaya is no banana, huh? I don't think I'd eat it either.
--Jasper

Chat Blanc said...

I had no idea what it was. It looked yucky up close! I can't blame you for not eating it! :)

Nomi said...

Yep, I was on the fish trail too. Then I thought it might be some exotic/alien foreign kind of life form that we don't haf in the Yoo Kay. Shucks, wrong again !!

The Crew said...

Don't eat that stuff, Daisy. It looks gross!!

Donna said...

I thought it was bugs, Daisy. Glad I was wrong.

The Furry Kids said...

That papaya looks a little askeery. Mama says she'd eat it, but I'm not sure I would. Did the mean look work?

Love,
Tazo

PS - Go Dolphins!!! The Lions did not win. Again.

Anonymous said...

Ewwww...... icky! I wouldn't have eaten it either Daisy... blech

Spooky said...

Good decision not to eat that. I thought it was fish eggs, too. Lucky that you checked it out first.

Mo and The Purries said...

Great oogley-moogley, Daisy - those seeds are weird looking, indeed!
I would have guessed froggie eggs from the gator pond behind your house by looking at the first picture.
LOVE you,
mo

Karen and Gerard said...

I was wrong again--I thought it was skinless grapes! I think you made the right decision to not eat any of that!

Mini said...

I though frog eggs. I do not lick Papaya.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

We did not get it at all, but Momma said when she found out what it was she wanted a bite (EWWWW)

Moonchild Dancing! said...

lol.. no I did not guess right. I thought some peeled grapes or something. Did it go away after you gave it a hard look? :D

Jans Funny Farm said...

Nope. Guessed wrong. We thought it must be some new kind of grape.

Unknown said...

hai Daisy sorry me is go vacation come backz! meee has no idea what it is even me see the whole thingy!! what is dat!? lookz not yummyz!! mai mom say it is yummy but me no thinks so. did u eat it Daisy?

The WriggleButts said...

BOL! It sure looks a litte yucky. I didn't manage to guess what it was, though!

Kisses, Bajas.

Copito said...

My mom and I hate papaya iac!!!

Fred said...

My first guess was fish eggs.

I won't go near papaya. Yuck

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I agree Daisykins, that looks disgusting. How about some macaroni and cheeeeese?
That I will gladly eat!

love and purrrs always

Anonymous said...

At first I thought they were Olives then after seeing second pic ;)

Great shot.. what camera you using

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

That did look yucky. I did not know what the first photo was till you told us it was papaya. I don't think I would like it either!
--JB

Lux said...

We never would have guessed right - we were getting kinda grossed out, though. ;-)

aniceplaceinthesun.blogspot.com said...

I didn't guess it was Papaya, and I gave it a "hard" look too~ (Smile)

I think cats may be smarter than humans. What do you think Daisy? I know you're a clever cat. This was a fun post~

Have a great week~

Annie & Simon

(Simon insisted that I sign his name as well.)

Skeezix the Cat said...

Nope, got it rong. I was going for fish eggs.

BeadedTail said...

It was a total mystery to me Daisy! I thought it was fish eggs too!

SophieKitty said...

I agree. Papaya is yucky!!

Sassy Kat said...

Nope I did not guess the correct answer and I am with you on the not eating any, doesn't look too tasty to me.

Linda S said...

Why that first picture looks like the stuff in my refrigerator, Daisy! the stuff that I need to throw away! You had me fooled!

Little Ding would not like that very much...we don't mess with his food!!

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

I hope your stern look made the papaya go away. It looks very scairty.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Those look so gross. Hey Daisy, I gave you an award.

Toulouse said...

Oh, they don't look like they'd taste good to me at all! I actually thought they might be some kind of a worm! Did you taste it Daisy? Was it good? I'll take your word for it... thank you! *giggles*
Hugs,
Toulouse

Just Ducky said...

No we was guessing fish eggs or some other amphibian eggs.

Motor Home Cats said...

We don't like Papaya either. Even Mom doesn't like it. We thought the seeds were aquarium rocks or fish eggs. We thought you were going to grow your own tadpole.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

TheSlyCat said...

oh! We didn't get it either. We guessed rehydrated grapes.

Chaffee Street Cafe` said...

Hunh un Daisy, I did not guess. It really looks yucky too! Whannh I am sticking out my tongue.

Love,

Bobby and Theresa111

Amber-Mae said...

Oh no, I did not guess it correctly. I thought its was those kiwi seeds which are sometimes put in some drinks. Well, in Malaysian traditional drinks ofcourse. The seeds look yucky but the fruit is yummy!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Anonymous said...

I think it is papaya. I hope I win a prize. I swear I did not cheat.

Hey, am I comment # 101? That is very special - i put you in the second century of comments for this post. I hope I win a prize. I swear I did not cheat.

been a long time, daisy - hope you are well...
:-)
snuzzy

Skeezix the Cat said...

The man in the bloo shorts brot yer prezint today! WOWIE KAZOWIE! I can't wate to play with it!!!!!

Ellen Whyte said...

We thought it was yummy frog eggs! *sad face*

Anonymous said...

does any cat eat vegetable or fruits?? I dont know.

Samantha & Mom said...

Papaya doesn't look very tasty Daisy!
So we think we won't ask Mom to get any!! Plus those black things in it look very yucky mucky!
Your FL furiends,

Related Posts with Thumbnails